Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Official MOTUC Quakke Thread - w/ Pixel Dan review

Do we know if Quakke has the swivel wrists?

I am wondering if he will be able to pull off this pose:

So far, we've only seen this:

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

And here is a review by Pixel Dan of Super7's release of MOTUC Quakke!
    Check it out:

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quakke is such a home run! The only miss is not adding swivels to the wrist to get him to do the proper two-handed grip of the mace. Also, I never really caught on to his off-kilter face as Dan mentions in the video either, but that makes him just that much cooler. So happy he got made. Now we just need to get those last 4 mutants made!
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Stratos, 4) Prince Adam, 5) Leech, 6) Kobra Khan, 7) Moss Man, 8) Shadow Weaver, 9) Bow, 10) Buzz Off

Just opened mine up along to the video... he's a contender for all-time favorite... just love the way he came out (plus the fact that mine has zero QC issues) and I've been wanting him since Classics first announced NA was going to be part of the deal

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Once again the NA figure doesnt disapoint! I wasnt a fan of the Cartoon, but I have loved every single NA character that we have gotten in Classics! Bring on the rest!

Great review! I cannot wait to get this guy. He looks so awesome!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I don't like him. He is in the wrong franchise.

He would be kind of cool if he was a ninja turtle villain or a captain planet character.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

Heroic Warrior
    I love this guy!! He and Fang-Or are the best of the bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quakke is easily the best figure to come out of this wave.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post

He would be kind of cool if he was a ninja turtle villain or a captain planet character.
    How many other characters could that be said about, I mean when you really think about it? Like Dylamug...or what about say Syclone? What about Photog, he could have been April O'Neil's news camera that had mutagen spilled on it, lol. A lot of MOTU characters are more tech than sword and sorcery, and when I look at MOTUC Quakke, who is in the same scale and aesthetic as the rest of the MOTUC line I don't see anyone that looks like he doesn't fit in with the line.

I mean show Man E Faces and Quakke to someone new to MOTU and I doubt they would feel like they weren't part of the same line.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Opened Quakke up this morning before work, he's an awesome figure, really nice sculpt and paints and he just looks so weird. I love the weapon and I have no QC issues with him, however his right leg is kinda loose which is a bit annoying since the weapon is so heavy.

Other than that, a thumbs up from me.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Just got my Quakke! He's tall.

The boulder is nice and heavy.

His red devilish fingers add to his bad-guyness. A nice touch by the 4H.

Plastic felt more like the 2017 Power-Con figures which I am not a fan of. Don't like the ridgid knee bends either.

Overall, happy to have more Mutants in the line. #WeNeedMoreNA

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Just got my Quakke! He's tall.

The boulder is nice and heavy.

His red devilish fingers add to his bad-guyness. A nice touch by the 4H.

Plastic felt more like the 2017 Power-Con figures which I am not a fan of. Don't like the ridgid knee bends either.

Overall, happy to have more Mutants in the line. #WeNeedMoreNA
    Wooooot!!! QFT!!

Southern California. Toy Capital of the World!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post

Well that could be said for 80 percent of the characters in the line. and yet they all still belong. The wonder of MOTU is that its so inclusive! Snake men and rock people and ninjas and space soldiers! and its easier to include different characters if you break them down by time period. Its easy to see the NA line as part of the Intergalactic Horde or just being from a different planet.

I really love how the space mutants have all generally turned out. They're absolutely goofy looking but the horsemen have done a great job with them. Personally I'm not a big NA fan but have loved all the space mutants so far and can't wait for the last few to be made. Quakke is my second favorite of the bunch (Fangor being first). Love all the new parts he got too.

Side note - so right now I have him posed with one leg straight and one slightly bent so he's a bit hunched to one side. To me it helps accentuate his split sides and the 'crack' that runs down his head and body. I usually pose Two-Bad the same in a similar fashion to sort of show he's two odd halves mashed together.
    Last edited by Seril; March 9, 2018 at 10:58am.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Got mine today. Great figure, my favorite of the wave. I prefer how this figure holds his weapon over how the vintage toy did. Does he have an ab crunch? I can't get mine to move so I'm not sure if it's stuck or if he just doesn't have one?
    Hope we get more NA soon.

He does have an ab crunch, mine will move back but not forward, same with my man at arms but because his armour covers it fully it stops me from being able to put enough pressure on to snap it forward, if only I could get his armour off! Apart from that he's my favourite figure in wave 1.

I love Quakke!

I think that Super7 should have included Hoove, Lizorr, and Staghorn as pack-in accessories...

Seriously though, Quakke is a figure that still retains a lot of that 4H/Mattel charm.

I could only afford to get two figures from this wave, and Quakke was one of the two I chose. Zero attachment to the character. He's just an awesome figure that I've wanted ever since the prototype was unveiled a year ago. My only real gripe with the figure is that a bit of his belly shows under his armor. Normally, I could adjust this, but since someone made the decision to glue the armor on, I'm stuck with it that way. (Until I feel like taking an exacto knife to it so I can adjust it to my liking, anyway.)
    I still love him, though. As i said before, he has an intensely demented look that makes him far more interesting than even many of the classic MOTU villains. More like this, please, Super 7 and 4H!

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Absolutely LOVE Quakke. In my opinion, he is the best CC reveal to date!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man, and SNAKE MOUNTAIN!!!

From super7 Quakke and the past matty NA guys are awesome. I'm not an NA fan but look at its line up, even heman has wrist joint. All are absolutely great, even with skeletor armor issue. The fans of this faction are very lucky.☺

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Absolutely LOVE Quakke. In my opinion, he is the best CC reveal to date!
    I totally agree.

I was really bummed when there was no Galactic Protector/ Guardian announced for the next wave...

The NA figures have always turned out quite impressive, so much so that even non-NA fans really enjoy them.

I hope to see a lot more New Adventures presence in the near future... if Super7 can finish out this faction, MOTUC will have truly completed its mission of recreating all vintage He-Man figures in one cohesive line!

Finally have Quakke in hand, boy that red is darker than it looks in pictures. My figure has really loose hips (which I've decided to turn into a positive by occasionally posing him in a "need to find the bathroom" pose), but other than that and the boulder/mace issues, he's great. The detail on him is insane.

Onward towards more New Adventures! (and some Guardians hopefully, Super 7)
    Vintage New Adventures deserves to be finished!
    MOTUC Top Ten Super 7 wants: KAYO, Hoove, Drissi, Crystoll, Chef Allen, any Catra variant, Nocturna, Red Knight, Clawdeen (flocked), Spinwit
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

aside from NA being my favorite section of MOTU... I LOVE QUAKKE!!!! def the coolest of the bunch for me...

so happy to own him!!! now gimme da rest!!!
    GIMME TOYS!-

Widget
    Got mine several weeks ago I really love the sculpt - awesome looking figure.
    Have some issues though:

1) I don't know if this appeal to my figure only but it seems that the material from which he is made is much softer than the one used for mattel figures.
    2) All of quakke joints are very loose and it is truly hard to pose him with his heavy mace.

Do you guys have similar issues ?