Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 141 Discussion - Super7 special

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 141 Discussion - Super7 special

Episode 141 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, Nate Baertsch, Rob Base, and Daniel Benedict are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

In this episode they are joined by Super7's Brian Flynn as they discuss
    Super7 moving from Height St to 16th St,
    Super7 taking over Classics,
    Princess of Power,
    He-Stress,
    trying different types of product,
    upcoming announcements,
    release schedule,
    ThunderCats,
    Snake Mountain,
    how big is MOTU for Super7,
    vintage 5" MOTU,
    working with the Four Horsemen,
    other products affecting the production of Classics,
    Masters Mondays,
    refunding international shipping,
    more animation shorts,
    future of Ultimate Editions,
    cardback Ram Man,
    likelihood of more vehicles,
    SDCC Classics exclusive possibilities,
    Brian's MOTU collection,
    Japanese MOTU figures,
    1987 movie figures,
    minicomics,
    and much more!

Intro/Outro info:
    none

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Matt Tyree also know as Tyree on the forums. Matt is commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.tyreeonline.com

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And if you have a comment or a question, please call us at (310) 933-5993 or at our Skype account "roastgooble" and leave a voicemail (in Skype, please go to Call Phones and enter roastgooble as the phone number and dial in. Please do not add roastgooble to your contact list as we won't accept the request. Sorry!) We'll try to work your voicemail into the show, so please call! Otherwise, you can e-mail us at gooble (at) he-man (dot) org. One or more of the hosts will read your e-mail on the show. Please keep e-mails short and sweet!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Recorded on January 4, 2017
    Runtime: 1 hour, 23 minutes, 05 seconds

Direct link for Episode 141

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Yay! *puts on headphones at work* Let's go!
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Awesome! I cannot wait to give this one a listen. (I've been rotten about staying up to date on the podcast, but I'm going to stay on top of that.)

Thank, Val!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Sweet, fixing to be my weekend, wanna mess with my collection and rock some gooble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

thanks. have been waiting for the news from super 7 for a while.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Thanks Val I have to hear that

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Brian is about to get confirmation for Princess of Power that's good news even if that's not sure yet
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

I'm only 20mins in and already, the Super 7 updates are AMAZING!
    Thanks Brian Flynn for all your hard work!

Digging the interview with Brian.
    As far as the exclusives discussion goes - they could also consider splitting the difference. Have an exclusive version of a figure available at SDCC that has something unique about it like packaging and perhaps an accessory. Then release a standard version on a regular packaging and without that unique accessory to the non attendees. Then everyone kind of gets what they want. The people who need the feeling of "ONLY A FEW OF US HAVE ONE OF THESE!" get that and the rest of us still have access to the figure for the most part.

Widget
    Someone can resume the mos important point pleasr, i cant connect. Dylamug yes or not?

Dang it. So no POP in the first wave of Classics. The second had better be full to the brim!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Karatzis View Post
    Someone can resume the mos important point pleasr, i cant connect. Dylamug yes or not?
    Sounds like he's possible given what we hear in this interview, though he did appear in a mini comic too so not sure whether that allowed them to make him or not before they were given this new permission? It's not like he's your typical 'Princess of Power' character anyway, but given what was said about POP characters being added in the future I think we can safely assume Dylamug (or even other Filmation) won't feature in the Classics first wave. That is unless Brian had no idea Dylamug was from the She-Ra cartoon originally...

Very good interview though (Danielle is a gem as always asking important questions to many folks) and I was very excited to hear there have been meetings in regards to the ThunderCats license too (again thanks for asking this Nate!) Brian is a joy to listen to as he is very honest and up front where he can be about things which is great for fans. Sounds like he's been very keen to make sure the previous Matty QC issues don't raise their ugly head (or eyes! lol) again. I feel a lot more positive about the 2017 line ups now

I just hope they can slot Dylamug or Hunga in wave 2 (if neither are part of wave 1 that is)
    Last edited by blackiecats; January 24, 2017 at 07:39pm.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Dang it. So no POP in the first wave of Classics. The second had better be full to the brim!
    That's a shame. Hopefully, the second wave can include Granita, Hunga and Dylamug. And Super7 also release a bonus She-Ra vs. Catra two-pack using their toy-designs (and they can thrown in a cat-form Catra while they're at it).

Can't wait to check this out!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Danielle slayed me with her [Expletive deleted] Snake Mountain, comment!
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    That's a shame. Hopefully, the second wave can include Granita, Hunga and Dylamug. And Super7 also release a bonus She-Ra vs. Catra two-pack using their toy-designs (and they can thrown in a cat-form Catra while they're at it).
    Geez, already with the laundry lists?

Brian Flynn really seems like a hell of a guy. I wish him all the success in the world. Can't wait for the reveals.

What about my @$!##$@! Twiggets !!!!

As a fan I really do feel re-energized with Super 7 at the helm. While my wallet might not be on board for everything to come from this new era, I am looking forward to seeing all the various stuff they release. Things sound positive and good and- for a change- FUN again! Fingers crossed for reveals tomorrow!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Digging the interview with Brian.
    As far as the exclusives discussion goes - they could also consider splitting the difference. Have an exclusive version of a figure available at SDCC that has something unique about it like packaging and perhaps an accessory. Then release a standard version on a regular packaging and without that unique accessory to the non attendees. Then everyone kind of gets what they want. The people who need the feeling of "ONLY A FEW OF US HAVE ONE OF THESE!" get that and the rest of us still have access to the figure for the most part.
    The way Mattel handled He-Ro was perfect. The SDCC one had a logo on the chest which was hidden by the armour, but otherwise was identical to the Matty version.

I'm not in favour of exclusive accessories though. Treasure Chest Imp should have been easily available for everyone to get, especially since shape changing is basically his entire gimmick.

I agree with Rob Base that minor variants (like translucent Orko) are the best way to go.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    The way Mattel handled He-Ro was perfect. The SDCC one had a logo on the chest which was hidden by the armour, but otherwise was identical to the Matty version.

I'm not in favour of exclusive accessories though. Treasure Chest Imp should have been easily available for everyone to get, especially since shape changing is basically his entire gimmick.

I agree with Rob Base that minor variants (like translucent Orko) are the best way to go.
    Woohoo someone agrees with me LOL! But seriously yes do like the orko or He-ro

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post
    I'd prefer a Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn type situation. Same figure, just packaged differently for Sub vs Exclusive.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I'd prefer a Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn type situation. Same figure, just packaged differently for Sub vs Exclusive.
    Forgot about that one... That would work too

www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Same here. That was the best way the exclusive was ever handled. Followed be He-ro. I agree with those on the podcast who say by this point in the line completist collectors have been able to buy the sdcc exclusives on Matty and own all of them, or at least have had the opportunity to own all of them. I personally have every MOTUC item made including the fused together Keldor sword, and the random power sword packed in with a dvd set etc. Please don't make me miss an item now. I'll be an all in customer as long as I'm allowed to be. But if I start getting treated like a cherry picker, I'll end up adjusting my buying habits to become one.
    We need to let our new friends at Super 7 know that many of us are ALL IN COLLECTORS. We don't want products that are impossible for the average collector to have access to! If there is a He-man product, I want to buy it. Please no chases or con-only exclusives.

Make your voice heard! We DO want Snake Mountain!

I agree 100% on this, alternate packaging to denote an exclusive is much nicer than the whole Rotar/Twistoid fiasco where some people missed out on some under produced figures to complete their collection. Can't say I've ever enjoyed having to hunt for something and this late in the game, why create more headaches for people that just want to support the line?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    A suggestion for the SDCC exclusive (could also apply to NYCC or any other show), don't make it an "SDCC exclusive" make it an "SDCC edition". A package variant like Marlena between show and mail-order and the show version is available *first* at the show and the mail-order version would ship later.

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeMindz View Post

This times a million! Exclusive packaging or minor variant is the way to go with these!