Thread: Three Beast in MOTUC

Three Beast in MOTUC

If Castle Grayskullman didnt win the CAC contest, I hope that Three Beast would have won it. I really like the look of him, a great combination of all sorts of elements from motu. Seems totally creepy and his ability to turn you into one of his slaves and control you is an awesome power. It seems to me that he can control 3 people at once, with the creature on his face, chest and arm. In regards to making this figure, the are alot of reused parts from basic motuc parts and a new head with 3 removable creatures to turn people to slaves.
    Last edited by facet; June 8, 2014 at 01:41am.

Major Header was the best of the designs. That being said, Three beast was pretty cool. I'd accept him. However I feel like runners up shouldnt really get figures. They didnt win.

But if they made any of the runners up, Three beast would be cool. IF they made him after Major Header. Heheh

Three Beast is easily my favorite of the C-A-C runner-ups.

I'd love to see him make it into the MOTUC line!! He and Bubblor are the only two I care to see immortalized in plastic.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I so want a Three Beast. 'm buying some figures to try and have a custom made of him.
    Most Wanted Kittrina,Granita,Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen,Tataran, and MissleToe.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    The more evil the more fun, add him to any evil force and I shall buy. Meaning I want him added to MOYUC line.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

I'd love Three Beast and really, any of the new characters seen in the comic.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, and for the love of Grayskull, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

The Official Three-Beast (Tri-Beast) Thread

3beast.jpg

I meant to do this some time ago - but better late than never!

As the creator of CAC contest runner-up Three-Beast, or Tri-Beast as he's been named in the mini-comics, I just wanted share a little background on the character and my thought process for creating him.

The whole idea behind the character was to create something that would, first and foremost, be a fun toy. Just like the vintage MOTU figures usually centered around a unique gimmick, I wanted to come up with something that could have conceivably been made in the 80s. To maximize that potential, I thought what better than a figure that is essentially 3 characters in one!

The idea is that his head, armor, and weapon are all unique, individual monsters that work together to "possess" their victim. The figure they come with would essentially be a zombified host body. But the real fun comes in taking the head, armor, and weapon and "possessing" other MOTU characters. If this had existed in the vintage line, the head monster would have been something that would fit over other MOTU heads. But for Classics, I imagined that it would just be an interchangeable head like all the others, with the idea that it was "wrapped around" the victim's head.

The in-universe backstory I wrote was that these monsters were once 3 ancient kings of Eternia who were constantly at war with each other - but then a wizard cursed them, turning them into creatures who had to work together to survive. Whether Mattel would have/will keep that origin, I don't know.

So anyway, that's basically the story behind Three-Beast. I was honored that he was chosen as a runner up in the CAC contest, and it was an even bigger thrill to see him pop up in the new mini-comics and become an official part of MOTU lore. A dream come true!

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Congrats again on your character "making it". Well done. Cool origin & figure idea.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Love the story and ideas you have for him. He is definitely one of my most wanted figures remaining I think he's just so cool.

Do you have any more pictures of him you can share?
    Most Wanted Kittrina,Granita,Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen,Tataran, and MissleToe.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Love the story and ideas you have for him. He is definitely one of my most wanted figures remaining I think he's just so cool.

Do you have any more pictures of him you can share?
    Thanks! But unfortunately no - I do have the original artwork I sent Mattel, but contest rules prohibit me from posting it. But I guess since he's appeared in the mini-comics, there's nothing preventing me from drawing a new illustration of him. So I need to get around to that at some point soon

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    Thanks! But unfortunately no - I do have the original artwork I sent Mattel, but contest rules prohibit me from posting it. But I guess since he's appeared in the mini-comics, there's nothing preventing me from drawing a new illustration of him. So I need to get around to that at some point soon
    I like the concept and would also like to see a picture when you get the chance.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I'd really love to have figures of all those guys. Make it happen Super7!

Its a cool character and cool MOTU name. Big fan of it.

I would happily buy Three Beast. Really hope he (along with Bubblor, Rajar and Major Header) gets his chance to get a figure with Super 7.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Ra-jar would be my top pick to get made. Extra arms are always awesome.
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

Thanks for the support, everyone!

While I would looove to see Three-Beast become plastic, there are still sooo many great characters to get to first. It would be amazing if it did happen, but just the fact he showed up in the mini-comics is good enough for me!

While I would looove to see Three-Beast become plastic, there are still sooo many great characters to get to first. It would be amazing if it did happen, but just the fact he showed up in the mini-comics is good enough for me!
    Just want to add my congrats to you on having your character be a part of MOTU history. Three-Beast was my favorite of the CAC runner ups and I really liked your backstory and also your vintage toy idea for him. I really dig that whole body snatcher element to him/them. I'd definitely support a figure of him and I'm sure he'll be included in the next poll, there's always a chance.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Vote in this HatMOTU poll for Filmation characters not found in the "official" fan poll: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...20#post3607720

I appreciate your thought on this. Though a good design there are certainly more than the CAC runners up awaiting plastic immortality. And now that the design is in the Mini Comics it will forever be an official part of MOTU. That truly is an honour.