Thread: Official MOTUC Filmation Teela Thread

MOTUC Filmation Teela Thread

Now that we know Filmation Teela is coming in MOTUC, this will be her official discussion thread !

Personally, I am so.... SO excited for her teaser. But in which why she will be offered ?

Will she be included with PD & TF ? Is she an Club Eternia 2015 Q3 variant ? Is she an SDCC exclusive OR part of 2015's NON SUB items ?

OR

Filmation Teela is part of new 2016 line ?

Discuss !
    Last edited by TUC138; March 2, 2015 at 11:10am.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I hope she is not included with PT/TF. Reason being is my son and I both want PD/TF and Filmation Teela but my daughter is desperately wanting a Teela since she doesn't have one. I really don't want to have to by 3 PD/TFs.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I hope that this figure is part of a series of reprints of figures coveted by fans, which Fisto, Scareglow, Teela, Whiplash, etc.
    This hope in 2016 line.

Simply cannot wait for Filmation Teela Hopefully the first of many Filmation 2.0 A-listers
    I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

Though of course I love her design and can I feel safely assume this figure will look wonderful, I never wanted or needed one.
    However since it seems to be comming anyway I will admit I have high expectations for it. I definately need another Man at arms Mustache Head now for Filmation Man at arms. I still do not really know what to do with these variants, but it is cool to have them.

While I certainly would love to hope for her packed alone for all the many fans who need either filmation specific or just a good to great teela, I personally assume and am perfectly fine with her being with Point Dread. It is really unfortunate if she is in large part but doesnt affect me personally.

What is of more concern to me, and I realize it is most likely a point not deserving of worry is if there will actually be a Talon Fighter. I get a feeling like it will be point dread and teela. That's it.

I am probably wrong, and it would be silly to do one without the other...mostly. Cost effective and more cost effective for Teela collectors. But it makes me wonder how much this beast of an awesome thing could cost. I'd rather get a Talon FIghter later...but who is to say a later would happen?

So this is the greatest and the most anxiety causing thing in this line, maybe to date. So much great but so many issues for particular collecting groups.

Good luck I guess.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Really pleased she's coming, I've always preferred the vintage "toy" look or the cardback/mini comics version, but Filmation Teela is very iconic and its about time she's coming.

I just hope she is a single carded release as I want more than one.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Personally, I want to see Filmation Teela as single carded ! Heck, I don't even mind if she's a 2016 teaser !! I can gladly wait for her, so that I can not only buy in multiples of Teela, I can also display her MOC. It will be annoying to see her included with PD & TF. Not only for the sake of price point, it will also destroy the window box look.

Battle Ram is a perfect example of how awful a window box packing can be ! Not sure how many will agree with my point, But when I first saw Battle Ram in package, even though I was excited for Man-At-Arms, my immediate reaction was "ahh man.... why the heck that MAA is blocking the view of Battle Ram ?". The packing style did not do justice for both BR & MAA. Atleast they could have made MAA a sitting pose on BR. Anyway... back to Teela. I don't want her to be a "disturbance" in front of PD & TF. There are fans who "hates" Filmation variants, but loves PD & TF & there are fans who wants Filmation Teela, but doesn't needs this playset for various reasons. So why make both unhappy & ram something in their throat which they don't want to begin with ?

I am so glad that Scott has finally slotted her in MOTUC (OR in the new 2016) line, but including her with PD & TF would be, the most dreadful, dumbest, awful idea ever. Atleast MAA had so many parts for mixing & matching idea. FM Teela on the other hand does not need any other parts from her original figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, *REMOVED*, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Filmation Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Kitrina or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I'm very please Filmation Teela is coming, less please that it seems likely she'll be including in a set that might put her out of my price range.

Teela has always been my favourite character from MOTU, and personally I'd like as many variations of her as possible. As a child I always wanted to be either Teela or Princess Leia, but Leia always had that edge of Teela purely because she had more changes of clothes and hairdos.

I desparately wanted Teela to have variations as a child, that's why I loved the mini comics so much, she changed her hair from blonde to auburn, from long and loose to tie back and a pony tail. Seriously one of the things I did as a child was make additional outfits for my Teela toy out of paper! I even used to give her the capes off my Super Powers toys

Adora/She-Ra already has 3 different figures in the MOTUC line, Teela is ready for her 3rd figure

I'd buy a couple of her if, IF, she comes single carded. If she comes with Point Dread, I may have to cancel Christmas LOL
    "For the honour of Grayskull"

I really hope she comes single carded. I never was a fan of point dread and talon fighter so wont be bying that. But if mattel decides to put her with the talon fighter then I MUST buy it. So that would probably be the smartest move from mattel
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon

It will be great to add FILMation Teela to the collection!!

I think she'll be sold as a single carded figure, not with Point Dread and the talon Fighter. I also believe she'll be a part of the 2016 line, which will include A-List 2.0's and new figures.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy