Thread: Mini Comic Trap Jaw

Mini Comic Trap Jaw

Name: Trap Jaw (Mini Comic)
    Poll#: 18
    Appearance: "The Menace of Trap Jaw" mini comic 1983, Series 2, packaged with Trap Jaw and Mekaneck.

Many fans who grew up with He-Man would agree that the mini comics are the foundation of what makes the Masters of the Universe characters and storyline great. All other incarnations draw from this original set of books that were packaged with our favorite toys! Among these "core" characters, one of the most striking designs belongs to Trap Jaw! We have already begun collecting a majority of the mini comic cast in the Classics line (He-Man, Skeletor, Teela with swapped parts, Mer-Man, Procrustus, Temple of Doom Sorceress, etc.) but what would the line be without finishing up this subset in the next three years? Please give Trap Jaw your vote in He-Man.org's official 2016 figure polls and share your support!

Yes I want this milky-chartreuse version of trap-Jaw. How will he play out in classics? Should they call him Iron-Jaw? Is he Kronis from an alternate universe, or is he someone else altogether?

Please make him more of the pale yellow-green as depicted in the comic.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Yes very much so! I actually voted for this guy twice during the Castle Grayskull vote that Geldor won. I just hope they would keep him Trap Jaw in the same way the TRU Mer-Man was still Mer-Man. We don't need Scott's mouse on a wheel in his head trying to figure out "mini comic" Trap Jaw's place in the MOTU mythos.

I disagree. Upon reading the comic, this Trap-Jaw is from a parallel dimension and comes from the same race of beings that is attacking him. He is clearly not Kronis.

Everything doesn't have to be an attack on ToyGuru either. It has become old and tired.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Anyone have an idea why so many of the vintage figures did not look like their mini-comic versions? That confused the hell out of me as a child and I've never seen an answer to that question...

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Hey, that's my custom!

Even so, I agree with the above. If and when we get him, I'd like his skin to be more yellow.

BTW, did anyone else notice Sir Laser Lot's sword in Teela's hand in that comic?

Just noticed that sword too, someone came up with the idea to say that trapjaw dies in the 2nd ugb, and this is his zombie from which i like, as an idea for him

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isic View Post
    Yes very much so! I actually voted for this guy twice during the Castle Grayskull vote that Geldor won. I just hope they would keep him Trap Jaw in the same way the TRU Mer-Man was still Mer-Man. We don't need Scott's mouse on a wheel in his head trying to figure out "mini comic" Trap Jaw's place in the MOTU mythos.
    Yeah, just like how Temple of Darkness Sorceress or Battleground Teela's bios don't explain their new looks. I'd say that we should get more history about Trap Jaw...perhaps his fate in the Second Ultimate Battleground and beyond.

TG doesn't seem to do alternate universes...because Pre-Filmation MOTU would make for a kick-ass alternate universe to the normal reality (the Filmation/MYP universe)! Oo-Larr, Blonde Teela, Alcala Skeletor, Mini-Comic Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 8, 2014 at 03:09pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I really like all the mini-comic variations.

I think this would make a pretty awesome mini-sub that could offer a lot of A-Listers and give us this very awesome Trap Jaw.

If anyone gets a variant it should be this guy!

Oh yeah, this guy is still on my list. Love the look!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Anyone have an idea why so many of the vintage figures did not look like their mini-comic versions? That confused the hell out of me as a child and I've never seen an answer to that question...
    I think a lot of mini comics characters were based off early concepts for the toys. By the time the toys actually came out, they had been modified, but the comics had already been completed using the looks of the concept drawings.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I totally want this figure, and have for quite some time! I reeeally hope this can happen. The parts are all there, so it's not like it there has to be any new tooling.

Please make this happen, MATTEL!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

He has definately grown on me over the years. of course I knew him back when, but I had basically forgotten about him until the .Org reminded me. Since that time I was really looking forward to him in a TRU 2 Pack. Just a couple of parts swap and a paintjob, viola!

I dont know what his bio would be, and I do care about bios, but it's a great look, different enough, and I would not mind having him.

Since I dont see that happening though I definately support that as some kind of variant (though really pretty low on my list) I feel certain that sometime when MOTUC is over, truely over, I'll kitbash this figure.

Always wanted this figure. Voted for him a while back. It was one of my favorite mini-comics when I was a child.

Yup! Still want this variant badly! Thought we would've recieved him by now, too.
    MASS REJECTION ~ FRESH MEAT is coming www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my MOTU Giants Facebook page! www.facebook.com/clubmotugiants

This is one of my most wanted variants in the line.

To my way of thinking, it essentially needs a new head sculpt for the ears, new belt and a more box-style, less rounded laser canon arm. Does not need a hook or claw as these were not depicted in use at any stage in the various mini-comics featuring this version of Trappy.

I see no reason for Mattel to make this a different character. Leave it to the fans to decide which Trap Jaw they will display and how/if they will work this variant into their continuity.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199