Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Filmation 2-pack!

Support for a He-Man Vs. Skeletor Filmation 2-pack!

As impressive as the new Filmation figures are, there have been a number of noteworthy complaints about their design. With many fans upset by He-Man's fast sellout time, would MOTU fans be pleased to see Mattel offer a Filmation two-pack of He-Man and Skeletor, which would give Four Horsemen Studios an opportunity to improve on the figures, much like they did with the new ThunderCats Classic figures based on fan input? The 2-pack could be produced in a large enough quantity to satisfy fan demand.

Some improvements could include:

* Classics style ankles for both He-Man and Skeletor.
    * Packed in fixed boots for other Filmation figures suffering from rocker ankles?
    * Cartoon-accurate havok staff design.
    * Cartoon-accurate Power Sword suitable for He-Man's hand grip.
    * Black on the inside of Skeletor's hood.
    * Different accessories (Faker head, flat gray bone sword, silver Power Sword)?

Please share your thoughts!
    Last edited by AdultCollector; February 29, 2016 at 05:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm happy with what we are getting but I don't have an issue with this but only if it doesn't take slots or resources away from getting more filmation variants. Afterall we are only getting six figures a year We need every slot as it is if we want a complete filmation club grayskull collection that has teela, adam , fisto , whiplash, man at arms , merman, triklops ram man, mekaneck, roboto, buzz off, she ra, bow Hordak, shadow weaver Grizzlor leech mantenna catra entrapta stratos zodac perfuma glimmer faker mermista sorceress man e faces kobra khan
    Last edited by degra; February 29, 2016 at 01:24am.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

No thank you. We already got He-Man and Skeletor is on the way. I can't believe how many variants of the same characters some people want.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    No thank you. We already got He-Man and Skeletor is on the way. I can't believe how many variants of the same characters some people want.
    Because a lot of people are more interested in getting certain accurate versions of the popular characters than a bunch of obscure Z listers.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

A two pack would be great. And a great gift to give at birthdays and Christmas.

make a poll of this.

Sorry, but I'm fed up of buying the same figures over and over, I'd prefer the slot to go to yet unreleased characters.
    Last edited by tumalu; February 29, 2016 at 02:21am.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    A two pack would be great. And a great gift to give at birthdays and Christmas.

make a poll of this.
    Agree with that
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Because a lot of people are more interested in getting certain accurate versions of the popular characters than a bunch of obscure Z listers.
    And just because you want 50 boring no detailed versions of ten characters doesn't mean everyone else does.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Heroic Warrior
    I reckon this depends on whether you think Club Grayskull should be Filmation accurate or Filmation style. I don't know the cartoons in detail, but I expect there are some differences between cels for the same character, so the former would be impossible to achieve.

Even though I bought two subs, I'm not a fan and very much doubt I'd be inclined to buy new figures that would be very similar to the current ones. I think the designers' efforts should be focussed elsewhere.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Sure, perhaps on the 10th try you might get accuracy. Good luck with that.

I don't begrudge anyone wanting ANYTHING, but I'm not sure how realistic this one is? Those accessories could be packed in with future figures that are actually on the table. I think the figures would have to have more differences than a small paint hit and different ankles for Mattel to even look at the idea. Are there any cartoon-based variants that they could be packed out as? I'm wracking my brain and the only thing I can think of is that He-Man could be packed wearing a second Filmation Faker head, and come with his regular head packed in. I can't even think of another form for Skeletor from the cartoon? If those could be used, and have the extra parts packed in to make the perfect Filmation versions you're looking for, I could see it being presented as an SDCC 2 Pack. But just as a straight up He-Man vs Skeletor with one tiny change in each figure, I just can't imagine them bothering. I think you'd need to go bigger with the idea for them to take notice. You know? Not dumping on the idea, I just think the differences need to be greater for them to want to make it, and I'm wondering what those possibilities could be.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Since I missed He-Man, I'd be down for this one. It'd be cool if they'd make it available in retail stores, like the MotU versus DC Comics sets.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    And just because you want 50 boring no detailed versions of ten characters doesn't mean everyone else does.
    Well so far that boring no detailed cartoon figure sold out in the blink of an eye while it takes NA figures forever even discounted to sell out. So clearly there is a demand for filmation variants of the highly popular motu heroes and evil warriors

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    As impressive as the new Filmation figures are, there have a number of noteworthy complaints about their design. With many fans upset by He-Man's fast sellout time, would MOTU fans be pleased to see Mattel offer a Filmation two-pack of He-Man and Skeletor, which would give Four Horsemen Studios an opportunity to improve on the figures, much like they did with the new ThunderCats Classic figures based on fan input? The two-pack could be produced in a large enough quantity to satisfy fan demand.

Some improvements could include:

* Classics style ankles for both He-Man and Skeletor.
    * Packed in fixed boots for other Filmation figures suffering from rocker ankles?
    * Cartoon-accurate havok staff design.
    * Cartoon-accurate Power Sword suitable for He-Man's hand grip.
    * Black on the inside of Skeletor's hood.
    * Different accessories (Faker head, flat gray bone sword, silver Power Sword)?

Please share your thoughts!

I'd be up for an "improved" two-pack if it were available as a brick-and-mortar store exclusive... like something for Target, Toys 'R Us or whatnot.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

The only way in which I would support this is if it were made more widely available than MOTU figures usually are: either released in stores or kept evergreen on Matty.com.

Otherwise, it will just disappear in an hour and not solve the problem.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

I'm all for it, but Mattel should really produce the "fixed" boots & feet and send them out to customers. Diamond just sent me attachments for their Ghostbuster figure wands because they forgot to provide a way to attach the beams. It's called good customer service and replacing defective products. And yes, I consider the ankles to be defective product. Plus, they are very different from the prototypes used to sell the sub, more so than the usual differences in paint apps. There would have been a fair amount of outcry if we'd have seen the hideous rockers initially.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm all for it, but Mattel should really produce the "fixed" boots & feet and send them out to customers. Diamond just sent me attachments for their Ghostbuster figure wands because they forgot to provide a way to attach the beams. It's called good customer service and replacing defective products. And yes, I consider the ankles to be defective product. Plus, they are very different from the prototypes used to sell the sub, more so than the usual differences in paint apps. There would have been a fair amount of outcry if we'd have seen the hideous rockers initially.
    I wasn't bothered by the ankles but I agree that a change in feet would ensure additional sales of such a two pack. Instead of the set just appealing to those who did not get their He-man and presumably Skeletor but will appeal to those who got the initial release as well. OR Mattel may just say say, meh too bad, next time sub up.

Heroic Warrior
    The ankles don't bother me enough that I want to have to pay for another one just to fix the ankles, but it would be nice for those that missed out. If they were going to do it, though I would want other changes such as more accessories and an improved power sword. It would also be nice to have a power sword hilt that would look more show accurate in the sheath.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    I'm totally down for this idea, in fact, you had me at classic-style ankles.

A two-pack that contained a Skeletor and He-Man with proper ankles, reworked weapons, a more accurate Skeletor head, and a bonus Filmation item? Sign me up!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Not me. I got He-Man and I see nothing wrong with him, nor with the pictures of Skeletor.
    So it would be a waste.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be miffed at having to pay more for essentially the same figures. They should have been done right, and if we pay twice for slight changes it almost encourages Mattel to screw up on first releases so we buy more.

I'd prefer we get a proper Havoc Staff and Sword in a weapons pack. I'd still not enjoy having to pay for those, but it would be better than full figures.

What would be cool, in my opinion, is if they did them in battle armor or some sort of alternate look, so you could get unique figures and the correct accessories and ankles that way. Then those who are already happy with what they got can choose to add a variant or not, and those who want to customize can do that as well.

just voted in the poll you made

I don't want the Filmation figures to revert to the Classics ankles. The new ankles are pretty nice and only need to have the gap fixed, IMO. Filmation He-Man is a cool figure and I'll reserve my judgement of Skeletor's Havoc Staff until he arrives...Most of the problems that I read about end up being non-issues to me, anyway...
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

If He-Man's sell out time is any indication as to how Skeletor will perform…YES a two pack would be a great way to bring them back. The ankles are nice, but as Micro-Man said, the gap just needs to be adjusted. And I also can't comment on the Havoc Staff fully since I don't have it yet.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!