Thread: Sawtooth in MOTUC

Sawtooth in MOTUC

So Sawtooth was one of only 2 guys (the other being Odar) that never had any visual to accompany him from the SOHM pitch, so he is an original design from Axel and Nate. He is based on a ancient shark species called a helicorpian.
    sawtooth helicoprion shark.jpg
    You can see how it has that saw blade appendage sticking out off his lower lip works perfectly to give meaning to his name. So know we have a shark based character. From the images we have of him it looks as if we have draegoman armor (with different symbol) and arms, and extending neck peg like Fangman, but dont have any reference for what his lower half looks like. Its a shame the other artist didn't keep his signature lower lip in mini comic #8, but I think its cool we got another aquatic character.
    Show your support!
    sawtooth1.jpg
    sawtooth2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by facet; January 6, 2016 at 05:21pm.

Yes, I'd be down for this. Interestingly enough, I designed a shark character for MOTU when I was a kid. My mom actually sketched a pic of him for me back then. I simply called him Sharkman.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Other than a wolf character, a shark character is my most wanted character for the MOTU mythos, so count me in!!

I actually like the more streamlined look without the lower lip blade, as it just has a more common "shark" look to it. If he gets produced, hopefully he'd come with two heads so we can create both looks.

It's too bad Might-Bite isn't a possibility for MOTUC, they'd make a nice pair together.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I would totally prefer a more standard shark head versus the weird "Sawtooth" jaw.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'd definitely be interested in getting this one!
    A (land)shark would be a great addition to MOTU!
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Would be interested in a shark character like this if he looks like he would fit into the vintage MOTUC line up. Not big on the SOH era so this is a character that would appear in the current Adam era in my personal canon.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really dig the design! I'd buy him for sure in classics.

In fact a two pack of Landshark and Sawtooth would be amazing.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

The part reuse that is visible in the design contains Fangman's neck and Sssqueeze's pants:

Last edited by Dragonblaster; January 7, 2016 at 08:41am.
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

I also actually much prefer the more standard style shark head.
    If he ever got a figure maybe he could come with both heads.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Axel and I had a fantastic time designing him! It goes without saying, but of course I would love him to be produced eventually. We very much had a toy in mind when we designed him, we'd want to keep that Helicoprion jaw, and have it spin on an articulated jaw. It speaks loudly to his name/play feature, so you can imagine that I was a little bummed to see the artists for issue 8 didn't take note of it or keep it. It could be a production nightmare, but on the other hand, if they could pull it off, (which I'm sure they could) it would be awesome!

And good eye to Dragonblaster for finding the re-used MotUC parts!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I really wanna see this guy make it in the line
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Axel and I had a fantastic time designing him! It goes without saying, but of course I would love him to be produced eventually. We very much had a toy in mind when we designed him, we'd want to keep that Helicoprion jaw, and have it spin on an articulated jaw. It speaks loudly to his name/play feature, so you can imagine that I was a little bummed to see the artists for issue 8 didn't take note of it or keep it. It could be a production nightmare, but on the other hand, if they could pull it off, (which I'm sure they could) it would be awesome!

And good eye to Dragonblaster for finding the re-used MotUC parts!
    Thanks! It's a great design, Baena! Any chance of seeing the full character designs of the new characters/ redesigns you and Axel did?
    Sawtooth, Quick Flick, Tung Lashor 2 (They should have given hima new name!)... They look very promising!
    The little panels just aren't enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Thanks! It's a great design, Baena! Any chance of seeing the full character designs of the new characters/ redesigns you and Axel did?
    Sawtooth, Quick Flick, Tung Lashor 2 (They should have given hima new name!)... They look very promising!
    The little panels just aren't enough!
    Thanks!

We designed them on the fly as Axel was penciling the pages. So the sheets that I did for them are very rough. Instead... I'd ask Axel if he's up to doing some more pinups of them really showcasing their designs to the fullest.

Mattel owns the stuff I did, so I can't go posting it without their permission.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

A shark guy sounds good in theory but I don't like the design shown. Can't say I have much enthusiasm for yet another of these nothing characters.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Why is it that all these evil characters of SOH, are all worth making while the majority of good guys are kind of not cool. I still want all to be added to this collection. Count me in for this guy.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Fangor Granita Meteorbs Zark Michi Anghast Sorceress of Serpos Sorceress of Horokoth War Wraith IMMORTALIZED

I really want a figure of this guy. He's so unique, even with the parts reuse. That's a testament to the artists! Love it.
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    I really want a figure of this guy. He's so unique, even with the parts reuse. That's a testament to the artists! Love it.
    Agreed Axel did an awesome job.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Granita, Hawke, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Dylamug, Master Sebrian, Karg, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi,Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast, Kay-La, Red Shadow, Gladiator, Bandwidth, and Negator.

Hmm, a new character that actually looks cool? I'm interested in getting this guy at some point. Maybe some of these new guys could be included in an future expanded CC sub?