Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFi Toy Rumor: Skeletor’s Love Child has left Mattel?

AFi Toy Rumor: Skeletor’s Love Child has left Mattel?

Last edited by mjw41; October 28, 2015 at 10:31pm.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    If true....Skeletor's Love Child, we hardly knew ye.

It seems odd that this happens not long after her post. But again, maybe this rumor started because of it. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 28, 2015 at 10:41pm.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Skeletor
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I shot Kim an e-mail tonight about something we're discussing and it didn't bounce back, which is usually what happens when someone is gone from Mattel. It could be true, but for now I'd file it under rumor.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Hmmm, very interesting. If true, I agree that it's odd timing but I'd like some verification before I make too much of it.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please make it!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I hope it's not true. We've gone through a lot of ups and downs lately, but it really sounds like she was working hard at actually fixing the problems. MOTUC needs a little stability right now, not more shake ups.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I hope it's not true. We've gone through a lot of ups and downs lately, but it really sounds like she was working hard at actually fixing the problems. MOTUC needs a little stability right now, not more shake ups.
    Agreed. I hope she's stayed.

If true, the timing would not be coincidental. Let's see if we get confirmation.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Not hard to believe. A thankless "can't do anything right" job, little to no solid support from above, a negatively vocal target audience.

If she has moved on, I hope it's by her own choice to better things rather than being forced out.

Heroic Warrior
    I would not be at all surprised if Mattel did not react positively to the recent post.

I would hope that AFI wouldnt have posted an article without at least some sort of information suggesting it is true. Wild rumours don't have a place on news sites.

To be honest, when I saw it in Twitter from AFI, I assumed the information originated here and thats why I came to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    I would not be at all surprised if Mattel did not react positively to the recent post.
    If that was the case, I think they would have deleted the post off Mattycollector. But, it's currently still there.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

I am hoping this is just a rumor. She has been a breath of fresh air for the line IMO. It would be a shame if the brand went into limbo state again.

I hope it's only a rumor, I had no problems with Kim. I would love to know who AFI's credible source is?
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Let's hold off until we get actual hard info. If she hasn't left, then stirring this pot will do nothing but harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    Let's hold off until we get actual hard info. If she hasn't left, then stirring this pot will do nothing but harm.
    This isn't stirring the pot and was never intended to be, just reposting what AFI has put out there. Maybe AFI shouldn't have done this based on only word from what they call a "Credible Source" without confirming if it was true or not.

The article is out there. If anything, this thread may help prevent people from jumping to conclusions.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Court Magician
    Im sure the many ppl that were offended are glad, if its true. I for one wont be as this line seems to be loosing steam.

If it's true. Probably due to pressure. I don't think I'd want to deal with all the backlash and abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I shot Kim an e-mail tonight about something we're discussing and it didn't bounce back, which is usually what happens when someone is gone from Mattel. It could be true, but for now I'd file it under rumor.
    Maybe she's "Too busy bringing us cool toys."

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    This isn't stirring the pot and was never intended to be, just reposting what AFI has put out there. Maybe AFI shouldn't have done this based on only word from what they call a "Credible Source" without confirming if it was true or not.
    Yeah, they shouldn't have. And likewise, we should be careful. "maybe they shouldn't have done it" means that we, too, should cool off until credible news arrives.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh hey, one of the servers at the Earl's I never eat at just quit. She was there for 5 years, but now she's gone. I heard she's going to law school.
    Why does anyone even care?

There's a social media component to my job. The company that I work for reads every single review that someone posts regarding our services. Upper management literally have their fruit of the looms in a bunch every day. Every single time some coward with a big attitude online makes a loud crying fuss, some poor human has to read it, process it, and half the time they don't know how to react to the crap they see. Sometimes management share the worst of the worst with me and I fall over laughing. Its like reading the etchings on a nuthouse wall, carved by patients when they're unsupervised, only in a lovely size 11 font, with colored charts that display other scores and feedback.

Why did she leave? She probably just got tired of her job, and found something better and more fulfilling. Maybe she read one too many rants about toys and finally said "Screw this crap, I'm out". I hope that's the case and that shes very happy to be moving on.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; October 29, 2015 at 03:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by CapricornDefender View Post
    Oh hey, one of the servers at the Earl's I never eat at just quit. She was there for 5 years, but now she's gone. I heard she's going to law school.
    Why does anyone even care?

There's a social media component to my job. The company that I work for reads every single review that someone posts regarding our services. Upper management literally have their fruit of the looms in a bunch every day. Every single time some coward with a big attitude online makes a loud crying fuss, some poor human has to read it, process it, and half the time they don't know how to react to the crap they see. Sometimes management share the worst of the worst with me and I fall over laughing. Its like reading the etchings on a nuthouse wall, carved by patients when they're unsupervised, only in a lovely size 11 font, with colored charts that display other scores and feedback.

Why did she leave? She probably just got tired of her job, and found something better and more fulfilling. Maybe she read one too many rants about toys and finally said "Screw this crap, I'm out". I hope that's the case and that shes very happy to be moving on.
    Wow, you are giving the ramblings of a forum more power than it has. I highly doubt anyone would quit because of anything said here. Honestly, I don't think a whole ton of time is spent reading this or any other fan forum by any Mattel employee. If, and that is a big "if", she was not supposed to respond the way she did and it was against Mattel policy then yeah I can see her being let go for that. Being a Mattel employee is as thankless a job as pretty much any other job. These people aren't exactly curing cancer or delivering food to the homeless. Let's not oversell their importance. It's quite simple, if Mattel doesn't want to hear a bunch of angry fans rant then fix the problems that are continually popping up. It's not like people are yelling and screaming because of nothing. I think there is a lot of justification for anger when the product you are locked into for a year and is costing you hundreds of dollars is treated sub standard. Especially after being told by Mattel that they will only release the highest quality product. For one figure it costs me nearly $40 with shipping and tax. I think for that kind of loyalty I should be able to rant and rave a little when something like the Teela fiasco happens.

IF this rumor is true I am glad.

That does not mean that I have bad feelings against Kim personally, of course not, all the best to her personal future and for her finding a better job, but what happened lately with the execution of the figures was just too much in this short time period.

King Hssss Torso, Dragstor, TC Skeletor and FF He-Man, PD and PD Teela, breach of contract (EA), etc., etc.

And her "Transparency" issue, all SDCC mattypalooza and most of what came out of it in figure form was horrible compared to what could have been if done right and left much to be desired for as well as her latest post, which was super unprofessional.

Are some fans jerks? YES. Do fans have to be professional: NO!

As a Mattel representative, is SLC allowed to react as she did in her latest post? NO! Does she have to be professional every time when making a public statement? YES! ALWAYS!

She can hate us after work as much as she wants, but at work, SHE MUST SMILE, cos we are the ones who finance this line, no matter how nice or unfriendly we are.

IF all this is just a rumor, she better pulls herself together and does her job right!

Also this Mark whoever guy at the SDCC Mattypalooza (seen in AFI picture) had obviously no idea about the torso debacle. Why are people with no idea or passion for the line running a niche line, with a low revenue in the grand scheme of things, if all you have to be is being passionate about a small online action figure line for hardcore fans?

The only persons I can currently think of who are able to do this line justice are the Four Horsemen themselves.

Given, some stuff like e.g. DB Skeletor's Dragon head et al. weren't their best works, but overall these guys KNOW the line by heart.
    Re-release Dino-Riders sculpted by the Four Horsemen!!!

The company is probably a pressure cooker right now. The company on the whole has not been doing well.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/mattel-e...les-1444939957

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Has anyone thought that maybe she posted the retaliation post because she was a disgruntled employee and had plans already to leave and just did not give a crap. Then again who knows and really who cares.
    One purple turd deserves another.