Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Castle Grayskull

Filmation Castle Grayskull

I love the look of Castle Grayskull on the Filmation cartoon the best out of all other versions. All of my life I have wanted a Grayskull that matched the look of the Filmation cartoon. The MOTUC Castle is a fine update of the vintage toy, but I believe that a Filmation Grayskull would be a stunning piece for our collections. So who else would love to see Mattel produce a Filmation accurate Grayskull for the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe toyline?2661756-castle_grayskull.jpg
    Last edited by LastEternian; July 17, 2015 at 10:12pm.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I would love this. Truly. It is also the version of Grayskull I have always dreamed of. IMO, it is the best design of CG there has ever been. So much character. However, I think there's more of a chance of Elvis announcing a comeback album than a Filmation Castle Grayskull.

Yeah, but there was a time when a dedicated line to the Filmation cartoon was thought to be equally as improbable.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I would love this. Truly. It is also the version of Grayskull I have always dreamed of. IMO, it is the best design of CG there has ever been. So much character. However, I think there's more of a chance of Elvis announcing a comeback album than a Filmation Castle Grayskull.
    Never say never...we already are going down a new road with the franchise.
    Recent....
    Coming.... HATMOTU He-Man
    Wanted.... Classics Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed....

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

In all fairness, does it make business sense for Mattel to make YET ANOTHER Castle Grayskull, especially when they are sitting on quite a few unsold Grayskulls? It would be cool to have a Filmation Grayskull, but it's Highly unlikely.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

I don't really need a different Grayskull, but I would very much like a FILMation style "base" for it, like what Icon Heroes did. I want to make one myself but I know I won't do it justice and it would look like crap, LOL. So I'd much rather pay for one. If Snake Mountain really ends up that much bigger, I definitely want one because they will look really odd together.

7249384_orig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    I don't really need a different Grayskull, but I would very much like a FILMation style "base" for it, like what Icon Heroes did. I want to make one myself but I know I won't do it justice and it would look like crap, LOL. So I'd much rather pay for one. If Snake Mountain really ends up that much bigger, I definitely want one because they will look really odd together.

7249384_orig.jpg

Id like one of those too. I also want filmation add on parts.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I would love this too but I have enough with what I have and whats coming
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Heroic Warrior
    I would prefer just the front part of the castle in real scale (or closer to it) than the full castle with interior, mechanisms, etc...

I think you could so a massive castle front and sell it for $200-250 since it'll be less plastic overall, and a LOT less engineering to reproduce. It's basically a glob of sculpted green plastic (a big one mind you) and a bunch of washes. The door / jaw bridge would be the most complicated part.

If Mattel Brings It........ I Buy It !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post
    I would prefer just the front part of the castle in real scale (or closer to it) than the full castle with interior, mechanisms, etc...

I think you could so a massive castle front and sell it for $200-250 since it'll be less plastic overall, and a LOT less engineering to reproduce. It's basically a glob of sculpted green plastic (a big one mind you) and a bunch of washes. The door / jaw bridge would be the most complicated part.
    WORD !

The front part is what counts in Filmation CG the most !!!! Mattel can just give the licence to 4HM for doing this (unless they don't want to do).
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!

Quote Originally Posted by dolfanar View Post

That's precisely what I want.

Just a MASSIVE facade (and now that we have a pending Filmation figure line, having the Filmation Grayskull facade also makes it unique from the already produced playset).
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

7249384_orig.jpg
    THIS ^^^^^ Would be the Perfect addition to the MOTUC's Castle Grayskull
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Quote Originally Posted by hordedestiny View Post
    Id like one of those too. I also want filmation add on parts.
    still need to buy that add on, my poor wallet
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Whats next ?
    -------------------THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE GALAXY ------------------------

This is of course a fan mock up but this is how the Base would look on our MOTUC's Castle Grayskull Which I think makes it look more Filmation. Oh if you reading this New Matty team please give us this base Four our MOTUC's Grayskull.

Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

The only thing that would be cool for me would be a "Filmation style" base as others have suggested. I don't need an entirely new castle play set based on it's Filmation look.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    That's precisely what I want.

Just a MASSIVE facade (and now that we have a pending Filmation figure line, having the Filmation Grayskull facade also makes it unique from the already produced playset).
    Attachment 103656 JUST LIKE THIS!! I'd love to have that even if just the front!

7249384_orig.jpg
    I'd rather get this than another Castle Grayskull. If we get a third playset I would want something new instead of another version of an existing one.

Is it me or does point dread and talon fighter look just a bit off model or out of scale with the castle, much like the one from the 80's did?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

HMATMOTU Filmation Castle Grayskull Thread !

Now that the MOTUC Castle Grayskull is sold out completely, can Mattel look into making Filmation Castle Grayskull ?? I think this is a far better idea than making a translucent blue MOTUC Castle Grayskull (as hinted by Scott few days ago) in the future !

The biggest challenge is the cost ! And I wonder how Mattel will handle it. Should the make only the front part (fašade) & release it ? Or make only the fašade & reuse the back part of the MOTUC version ?

Discuss !

The one we have is more than sufficient in my opinion. I would welcome a Filmation add on pack though that had stairs to the thrown and a magic mirror.

But for hardcore Filmation fans, Filmation Castle Grayskull IS THE Castle Grayskull we love the most ! By making this, fans like me can have their desired version & fans who missed MOTUC version can grab this as a second opportunity !!

Like I mentioned, it doesn't have to be the full on playset with TONS of accessories like the MOTUC version. It can be a fašade, it could reuse the back portion from MOTUC CG, or if Mattel wants to this BIG, they can make a full on playset with accessories like the MOTUC CG.

Although I wouldn't have room for it I'm sure this would be cool. However, although castle Grayskull is indeed now completely sold out, they had to give it An extreme discount to do so. I'm not sure Mattel is interested in doing another one.

I would rather see them expand the universe with different playsets: Fright Zone, Crystal Castle, Whispering Woods, Eternos, etc.
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Mattel cant satisfy every need within the niche brand. This won't happen, while I love the Filmation castle and the path up to ut made of boney-rock its just not going to happen.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Yeah......

No.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz