Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord Masque in MotUC Discussion

Heroic Warrior TombstonePiledrive's Avatar

Lord Masque in MotUC Discussion

I am still new to MOTU, but I have been neck deep in the cartoon and the figures for a few weeks now. For some reason, Lord Masque is the coolest looking villain in MOTU. Is he only Filmation? Does he exist outside of the cartoon?

It's too bad that they built him up for a 2 part episode only to see him crumble so quickly. I think he had major potential as a reoccurring villain. I am going to make a custom of him once I have the parts I need.

What are your thoughts? Would it be one you would buy?

As far as I know, Masque is a Filmation creation and only appeared in the cartoon. I would buy him as well. He's awesome, and I love his appearance in the show.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Great character would love to see him in it, but wont get him until we get filmation rights.

To me, his rank is higher than Shadow Weaver. He is my ultimate Holy Grail and if we get characters from the 80īs toon one day,
    all fans from him can start to hope

When I saw the episode as a child, he was rather cool character. So if we get Filmation rights announced at the ComicCon, this figure would be on my buy list. As long as he is made to fit with the rest of the line that is.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    If the Filmation rights are announced, I definitely want Lord Mask and his mistress, Shapoopie.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    He and Shokoti look bad ass... I would buy them...

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    He is a bad ass

So cool looking man! I love that mask. It would be cool to have an accessory with him of just the mask split in half like when he dies.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe he and Lodar are brothers... With uncle Geldor and grandpa Dekker

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    I'd buy hm too, twice, so i could have him standing outside the blister.

Hands down one of the coolest Filmation created characters. He was dark, mysterious, creepy, dangerous, and one of the few villains who wasn't portrayed as a bumbling idiot. He only appeared in one episode, but what an impact he made. Love this guy. A figure of him after we've waited all these years is simply a must-have.

He's cool. I'd like to have 'em---but not before Ram Man!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Does he ever appear without his mask? Would you be opposed of the 4HM creating a "face" for him, if he didnt have one already. Well, I assume he has a face, but maybe just not one we've seen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Does he ever appear without his mask? Would you be opposed of the 4HM creating a "face" for him, if he didnt have one already. Well, I assume he has a face, but maybe just not one we've seen.
    I think a real face would be pointless, because there was no hint, how he was supposed to look like, was it?

I think, those two villians deserved because of their design and demand to be produced after the heavy hitters.

In the cartoon he has no face. Also I'm thinking Filmation rights are a pretty certain thing I've always wanted a Masque character so i can't wait to finally get one!

Thatīs the cool point about him ... like Rassilon said, he doesnīt have a face. Heīs bound to his mask .... and dies/disperse after He-Man destroys the mask.
    Last edited by Colton; June 24, 2011 at 08:00pm.

The Mask and cloak are great, and so is the colours. But after seeing the image of him after all these years... I wouldn't mind if they redesigned his body a bit.

If Mattel are now able to do Filmation figures he needs to be fast-tracked.

This is one of the reasons I am hoping for Filmation rights announced at SDCC. He is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by TombstonePiledrive View Post
    I am still new to MOTU, but I have been neck deep in the cartoon and the figures for a few weeks now. For some reason, Lord Masque is the coolest looking villain in MOTU. Is he only Filmation? Does he exist outside of the cartoon?

It's too bad that they built him up for a 2 part episode only to see him crumble so quickly. I think he had major potential as a reoccurring villain. I am going to make a custom of him once I have the parts I need.

What are your thoughts? Would it be one you would buy?
    NOW .... heīs a possibility since today! Hope we gonna see him in the future ( there was a pic of Shokoti at the panel ... hope they have him in mind as well )

I've been wanting a masque figure since I was 4 years old.
    bnl4life

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i want this masque so much!
    i just thinking about him when i was grouping up vikor time line characters.

and I can't wait to see what kinda back story they give him. you can really do a lot with that character.
    bnl4life

Me too! He would be an east figure to make, so not too much would have to go into him. I saw the Shakoti photo at the con too, and why would they make her and not consider him?!?