Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lord Masque in MotUC Discussion

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

He was one of the few cool original designs of Filmations villains. I am fairly certain he will be released in some form (exclusive or something) but it is going to be a long wait.

This truly hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    This truly hurts.
    .... i'm without words ...................... my personal "worst moment of MotuC" ....

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    He was one of the few cool original designs of Filmations villains. I am fairly certain he will be released in some form (exclusive or something) but it is going to be a long wait.
    *finger crossed*

you know, I am happy about Huntara. I am supprised that I am happy.

But really though Masque is a great looking design, I cant lie and say I wanted him (or shokoti) all that much.

Dont get me wrong, I do. And now that Shokoti is in, we have to have Lord Masque.

So yeah, he better come. Even if 2014 doesnt happen,they can keep making figures even if it's just one MOTUC a year, at SDCC.

But I'm happy for POP getting love. They deserve it.

Masque and Shokoti are pretty much the two most essential independent villains from Filmation for me. Even counting the affiliated and recurring villains, they still ranked third and fourth after Shadow Weaver and Scorpia in my view. I know Count Marzo was in more than one episode, but their episodes were also available to me on VHS, and the VHS volume episodes are the ones I saw the most years before I had access to the whole show on TV and years after it was gone as well. I am surprised how much more I want him than Huntara, but then I'd have liked to get Huntara sooner than Icer, Batros, Strongarm or Seahawk too, so it's not like I think she's the dregs of the pantheon. But even divorced from my personal preference, Masque clearly has stood the test of time better than many other characters. I'm fond also of other characters from the VHS volumes like King Helios, the Game Master, and Queen Elmora but they don't come up in talk among other fans nearly as often as Masque does. Also annoying was that he was featured on card back art posted a few years ago that featured a vintage style figure of him (packed with the Staff of Avion), along with differently colored Horde Troopers, Keldor, and Icer. Now we have Keldor and this year got the Troopers (though not recolored), Icer, AND that freaking staff accessory, but not Lord Masque! I know it wasn't anything official, but dang if that isn't lousy karma.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    So, dose the vote mean that there will not be a Lord Masque unless the line continues past 2015 ?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    So, dose the vote mean that there will not be a Lord Masque unless the line continues past 2015 ?
    Most likely we'd at least have to get 2015 first. Scott said they may still get to Masque, but Huntara will happen first and she is likely to come at the end of 2014 or sometime in 2015. The big number of Filmation characters already still left such as Scorpia, Madame Razz, Lizardman, as well as MYP/Filmation crossovers like Evilseed and maybe King Miro makes it hard to see another one-episode character easily getting a slot in the new road map of the next two years without some kind of special add-on sub giving us additional slots for more figures.
    Last edited by gbagok; August 5, 2013 at 04:12pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!

I hope this figure makes it to classics. I would love to have him with removable mask.

Masket-Face.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Masque and Shokoti are pretty much the two most essential independent villains from Filmation for me. Even counting the affiliated and recurring villains, they still ranked third and fourth after Shadow Weaver and Scorpia in my view. I know Count Marzo was in more than one episode, but their episodes were also available to me on VHS, and the VHS volume episodes are the ones I saw the most years before I had access to the whole show on TV and years after it was gone as well. I am surprised how much more I want him than Huntara, but then I'd have liked to get Huntara sooner than Icer, Batros, Strongarm or Seahawk too, so it's not like I think she's the dregs of the pantheon. But even divorced from my personal preference, Masque clearly has stood the test of time better than many other characters. I'm fond also of other characters from the VHS volumes like King Helios, the Game Master, and Queen Elmora but they don't come up in talk among other fans nearly as often as Masque does. Also annoying was that he was featured on card back art posted a few years ago that featured a vintage style figure of him (packed with the Staff of Avion), along with differently colored Horde Troopers, Keldor, and Icer. Now we have Keldor and this year got the Troopers (though not recolored), Icer, AND that freaking staff accessory, but not Lord Masque! I know it wasn't anything official, but dang if that isn't lousy karma.
    What cardback are we talking about? Was this fan made or what?

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    I think he he is an essential Filmation figure. And hope to see the Horsemen sculpt.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

Heroic Warrior
    Lord Masque is a must! MOTUC needs its Nazgul.

I must have this character even if I must make a custom of Lord Masque.
    I dont want to do that... I want the work of the 4H & the professional figure.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

if ToyGuru wants me to sign up for Club Etheria, all he has to do is tell me that this figure is coming in 2015...

Wooowww!! ....
    Glad to see some people, showing their support for Masque so shortly .. that thread was lost for few months.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I must have this character even if I must make a custom of Lord Masque.
    I dont want to do that... I want the work of the 4H & the professional figure.
    Exactly my thoughts ........................... before Mattel acquired the Filmation rights ...
    Still in the plan for a custom ... but really wanna see the 4H's work.
    Come on, Mattel! .... don't leave us without a nice Lord Masque

Poll 8 for the win!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    He is a good fit and a must, he would look good in my collection. Him and Lizard man of coarse!

My Shokoti fig NEEDS a Lord Masque to worship her!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope they do another Filmation add-on sub. Lord Masque would fit right in there

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    What cardback are we talking about? Was this fan made or what?
    Sorry, somehow I didn't see your post! It wasn't official, it was a card back from Musashi's cancelled bootleg Eternia toyline. I didn't mention it like it was an obligation to Mattel, just an annoyance that they just happen to have made most of the figures shown and even some accessories, leaving Masque--who I think is the best of the bunch--as the one non-repaint character to not be in Classics. Of course others might not count the Horde Captain, Eternian Marine, or Lord Fakor as just repaints, but I do. Plus it's uncanny how Masque in this art just happens to have the staff that became Icer's accessory. Aw hell, and Lord Icer's hammer even looks like Goat Man's MOTUC accessory! Again, I'm just annoyed about it.

http://www.he-man.org/collecting/pac...207&image=8108
    white-package-back_full.jpg

Good Luck Masque ...
    Hope to see ya next round

No, question if he should be made for MOTUC. The real question is when should he be released.

Heroic Warrior
    He must be made along with king tamusk. Those two are essential.

HURRAY!!!!

SECOND PLACE FOR MASQUE!!!

Very well ... never gave a thought about his chance for a top 5 place ...
    Yay! ... now please turn this guy into plastic, Matty

He got second place but don't stop asking for him. Illumina came in second to Geldor but seems even further from being made than ever now, so it doesn't pay to hope the point has been made.

The real question now is what will his accessory be. I wanted one of the filmation artifacts to be his accessory ( such as the shaping staff) since it is mentioned he is a shapeshifter in Shokoti's bio. But that got wasted by giving it to Entrapta, and anyhow it really belongs to the great Black wizard. Other evil filmation artifacts include the Crimson pearl (teelas quest), but I did find something pretty awesome, How about the purple sword of doom, I think it fits in great with this guy. Also they should include shokoits skull with him in my opinion. Opinions, comments, etc? oh amd his real name should be Quix, as he was one of the prisoners looked up wit Galen Nycroft in the filmation Episode "Mistake Idenity"
    purpleswordofdoom.jpg
    crimson-pearl_thumb.jpg
    Last edited by facet; June 5, 2014 at 12:18am.