Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excited for 2.0 packaging

Excited for 2.0 packaging

So I left Mattel before the filmation look (2.0) package was designed. The new team showed a few concepts of where they were going at Sdcc. I'm personally SO excited to see what this line looks like packaged (mostly because we had the SAME green brick for my full tenure, the idea of something fresh is just so exciting to me!)

With the first fig in 2.0 on sale soon what do you all think? I hope they use the show logo! :-p

I never did like the Classics packaging... it just seemed so bland and the green bricks were kinda atrocious. Not to mention the Masters logo always cut off a portion of the figures' heads. And don't get me started on the plastic bubble that they were rubber-banded so tightly into, warping accessories, etc. I just recently acquired the 12" Zodac figure and there's just something design-wise about the old packaging that is so very eye-catching and timeless.
    The 2.0 packaging, from what we've seen, looks eye-catching and inventive as well. While I didn't sub for this line at all and will probably only get Evil-Lyn and Clawful, there was a small part of me that wished I still had all the room in the world to collect this new line MOC to display hung on a wall. Alas, there's not much room left for such plans. I am curious what the backs of the cards will feature, as I can't recall if we've seen what they have in store yet. And hopefully each figure won't be so tightly rubber-banded into the plastic packaging... just say no to warped weapons in 2016 and beyond!
    Last edited by zodak74; January 30, 2016 at 12:19pm.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I'm dying to see how these figures look packaged. I loved some of the concepts that were shown at SDCC. I'm with you I hope they use the show logo too. Really hoping it does look like He-Man is standing inside Grayskull, but overall I'm just interested in what direction they went. Since it is called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe I am expecting it to be the show logo.

Can't wait!

I'm mostly a MOC collector, so the lack of seeing the final product including the packaging was one of the reasons I didn't sub.

This is where I miss your videos Scott to get an update on the look of the final product. It would nice if Mattel could post some pictures on Facebook, but I guess waiting until Toy Fair isn't that much longer.

Forget the packaging I'm dying to see what the actual figures look like. It makes me a little nervous that no production samples have been shown yet.

They will have packages samples at toyfair I'm sure se we will see it all in a few weeks
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Question is will we see these revealed an Matty first, since they are supposed to go on sale soon.

I'm super-excited for this line to begin! I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen anything final, but I guess that's the way it's going now. When the first figure lands on the doorstep of an org member that posts some pics, then we will know what we have!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

I'm really curious about this too. With the exception of things like exclusives that I pickup at SDCC each yeah I'm generally an opener but I did decide to double up and collect both loose and MOC for 25th anniversary carded GI Joe's, vintage series Star Wars, and MOTU Classics. With this new line and new packaging I'm expecting to just open them as I really don't have the space to have a 2nd MOC MOTU collection on display, but if this new packaging is really cool I could see myself picking up an extra He-Man and Skeletor down the line just to have a packaged sample displayed in my collection.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Dylamug/Malektha/Twiggets/Granita/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Karg/Damon
    BEASTS:Stridor/Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/TyrantisaurousRex

I am excited to see the packaging for the same reason: something new and unexpected. I am personally glad they have their own packaging so that the fact that I could not bring myself to sub to the whole thing means I wont feel conflicted about getting the whole MOTUC line (whereas the collectors choice is still the same, but for the blurb and the sad lack of bios, which I loved)

Using the show logo would be tops.

I did always like the MOTUC packaging, it is iconic now and will live forever in my mind. It was perfect, after I got over the fact that I expected a more retro original style from the vintage era, but now am glad it was it's own thing.

For the new packaging I really hope it is a complete 180 from MOTUC.

I think the packaging teaser they showed at SDCC for the Classics 2.0 Filmation was awesome!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

I'm very interested to see the final product. I wonder if it's resealable? That would be the ultimate.

Overall, I really like the MOTUC packaging, I even prefer it to the red comet burst of the original (sacrilege, I know).

Court Magician
    I never keep my figures in the packages, but sometimes I have been tempted! The concept art was great, though! I think the folks who DO keep MOC figures will be happy!

I'm pretty excited for both a new packaging and to see how these come out. We haven't seen anything since the 4H sculpts back as SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I'm very interested to see the final product. I wonder if it's resealable? That would be the ultimate.

Overall, I really like the MOTUC packaging, I even prefer it to the red comet burst of the original (sacrilege, I know).
    I get a nostalgic feeling when I look at the Classics packaging now. That's not something I ever really had with the '80s packaging since I didn't collect that line.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Me too. The first MotUC figure I got made me hesitant to open it (and I usually open everything).

The concept for the new one is really cool though. I didn't want the packaging to change in the same line, but this technically isn't, so I'm cool with it.

Heroic Podcaster
    Are there any links to the new packaging out there?
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the packaging turns out. I'd have assumed we'd have seen a packaged figure by now but oh well...we'll see soon enough with the first figure due next month.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I can't wait to see it either. Hoping it will be in some kind of "box", similar to Marvel figures...something you can stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    So I left Mattel before the filmation look (2.0) package was designed. The new team showed a few concepts of where they were going at Sdcc. I'm personally SO excited to see what this line looks like packaged (mostly because we had the SAME green brick for my full tenure, the idea of something fresh is just so exciting to me!)

With the first fig in 2.0 on sale soon what do you all think? I hope they use the show logo! :-p
    You're more excited to see the packaging than the figures inside it?

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I can't wait, I'm so stoked about this new line that I had to get 2 subs, same with Thundercats, 1 to open and the 2nd one to keep MOC. The MOTUC packaging didn't bother me at all but I never liked He Man's pose, it looks like if he's about to sit in a toilet But this new Filmation line is a dream come true!!!!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

I'm hoping for resealable packaging myself.

I just tossed my Castle Grayskull box after getting it this month. Looked at it for 2 seconds, thought nice picture and then did not hesitate to rip it open (which I pretty much had to do to get the thing out anyway). AFAIC too much packaging is just pointless and such an environmental waste, especially the mailer boxes they put figures in.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I never did like the Classics packaging... it just seemed so bland and the green bricks were kinda atrocious. Not to mention the Masters logo always cut off a portion of the figures' heads. And don't get me started on the plastic bubble that they were rubber-banded so tightly into, warping accessories, etc.
    Agreed. The packaging has annoyed me since the beginning of the line. I've lost count of the number of bent weapons and other acessories caused by the crushing inner shell. In the early days the figures suffered too because they were forced into utterly unnecessary poses. He-Man's bent right knee comes to mind.

An imaginative graphic design would be nice for the new figures, but ultimately I'm less interested in how it looks and more about the safe presentation of the contents.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk