Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official MOTUC Staghorn Thread

The official MOTUC Staghorn Thread

I loved Staghorns voice in the cartoon, very unique in comparison to others and His battle antlers were a welcomed change from the norm. Staghorn always seemed like he could break off from the mutants and create his own little band of Troublemakers there on Denebria. I hope the 4h treat him and explain the missing eye for us ( hope that Sagitar did it),
    Last edited by facet; September 28, 2012 at 10:59am.

I always thought Staghorn's whole antlers thing were really unique. I also find him interesting because of the past history and rivalry with Sagitar, who is one of my favorite NA characters.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Have to say this is probably the figure I am least looking forward to, at least because of what he looks like under his helmet. But I think in the end I will be okay, if the Horsemen do an awesome sculpt, which they no doubt will.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Staghorn had at least very good episodes under his belt: The Running of the Herd and Mutiny on the Mothership. He's like the Starscream of the Mutants, where he's the character who thinks that Flogg and Skeletor are inept leaders. He also has a feud with Sagitar.

NA sure likes it's animal references. We have Sagitar with horses, Tuskador with elephants and Staghorn with elks. Unfortunately, they gave these attributes to humanoid characters instead of making outright anthropomorphic characters like MOTU did.

Staghorn is another NA character (like Sagitar, Karatti, Hoove, Quake, Butthead, Artilla) who is better going off the animation model rather than the original toy. The original figure has a beer gut... Jetlag made the Mutants look much better.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

^ I definitely agree with that. The cartoon versions of all the NA characters, both good and bad, were superior to the figure designs. I actually can't think of a single one where the figure was superior, except maybe Optikk...I thought he looked a bit plain on the show.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    One of my favourites and most wanted from NA - he'd be easy to make into MOTUC style

This guy's an example of where I am repulsed by the vintage toy, but really excited to see how he is produced in the Classics line.

Elks are cool, and it'll probably be his horns that draw me in the most. I think they'll be techno horns, and that's fair. However, I am hoping they have a bio-tech feel to them though vs. the industrial look of the toon and vintage figure.

Even though he is a mutant, I'd like to see him made more sinister/hawkish and less.... well.... ugly in the face, imo. I'd like the closed eye and snaggleteeth to stay, just a change in the nose and bug-eye.

Can someone help me out though, what was the functionality of his horns? They seem to point down, were they more defensive than offensive?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

He pointed them up and used them in combat against Sagitar, if I remember correctly.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

My top want from the produced NA figures. The figure's face reminds me of a Van Gogh painting.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    what race is staghorn? does he have violet purple skin or blue?

found some photos.

custom that i found

Last edited by kylun flac; November 4, 2011 at 06:55pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think Staghorn was based on an elk.

I think he was based on a beetle whose name is EXACTLY "staghorn" beetle or stag beetle (scientific name : lucanus cervus), and who has pinchers that look like Staghorn's "helmet armor grid"

For a picture, see http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/...f9ca93ef_z.jpg

NA characters like Artilla, Butthead, Tuskador and Staghorn should be totally redesigned. I can't see them next to other MOTUC figures. Some already thought that Chief Carnivus or Count Marzo were "out of place" (personally, I don't think so, I think they look awesome), but with those NA characters, it would be much, much worse ! So a redesign is much needed for some NA characters, I think.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 12, 2011 at 05:39pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I don't think Staghorn was based on an elk.

I think he was based on a beetle whose name is EXACTLY "staghorn" beetle or stag beetle (scientific name : lucanus cervus), and who has pinchers that look like Staghorn's "helmet armor grid"

For a picture, see http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2304/...f9ca93ef_z.jpg

NA characters like Artilla, Butthead, Tuskador and Staghorn should be totally redesigned. I can't see them next to other MOTUC figures. Some already thought that Chief Carnivus or Count Marzo were "out of place" (personally, I don't think so, I think they look awesome), but with those NA characters, it would be much, much worse ! So a redesign is much needed for some NA characters, I think.
    could be, beetles are cool too. I favor elks, but one could just as easily go with beetles.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

For Staghorn sure new Arms, Head and Armour need.
    Legs are from Trap-Jaw but new boots like the NA version based of Keldors are need.

Staghorns mask move able or two heads
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

love his Australian accent from the show.
    I think the toy has a much older looking face from the cartoon version.
    which version choice do you suppose will be done?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

He's lower down on my list of vintage Mutant's but I do still want him and would buy him.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by ²He-Ro View Post
    Staghorns mask move able or two heads
    something like flipshots movable visor would work for staghorns antler mask maybe.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I think, the 4HM proved, how they can improve NA characters. This one or Butthead won't be different.

I think this guy will be a real challenge to make him look good. Just not impressed with that design of this guy. I'm sure the Four Horsemen can pull it off, but it will be a challenge for sure.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I'm sure the Fab Four could do as they have with all the NA figures thus far and knock him out of the park.

The one thing we keep running into with NA, though, is that the bad guy designs tend to be more visually intriguing than the good guys, and that may be why the NA Classics mutants are so badly outnumbering the NA good guys right now. Flipshot turned out great, but there is generally a lot more for the Horsemen to work with when it comes to the mutants. I'm sure they could turn out a great Hydron, but someone like Staghorn plays so well into their strengths as sculptors and designers that he'd almost have to eclipse most of the NA heroes as a figure.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

This is such a weird character. I can't wait to see how the Horsemen nail this one!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I liked this character for having a mind of his own. very cool. not always a follower. one episode he formed a mutiny against Floggs command. Also what was cool about him was his rivalry with Sagitar. When a battle was personal he wouldn't fight using blasters he preferred his own body as the weapon.

Snappy Threader
    Now this would rock as a classic. He had a weird design, which lends to the line completely. I admit, I'm not familiar with NA much but he would be very cool.

Why is he the only evil mutant that doesn't have double letters in his name? Oh and Crita I guess. I wasn't all that familiar with these characters but can't wait to have them in MOTUC and was trying to remember who was on who's side. I thought I had it there for a second with the double letter for the mutants until he came along and Crita and Artilla threw me off too

After Quakke, I would gladly welcome a Staghorn! But I think he looks too bland in Jetlag's version... I want the monstrosity that was the classic toy to get the faithful remake treatment in Classics.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Bring him on. But honestly he's not on my priority list of Space Mutants. I'd like Flogg, NA Skeletor, Crita, Hoove, Lizorr and Crystoll first (in that order). Then Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead and the Mutant Troopers.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog