Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Missile Launcher Optikk Speculation

MotUC Missile Launcher Optikk Speculation

OK, we know that Optikk is the May 2010 figure. We also know that he's based on the original toy, but will feature two eyeballs, one based on the old art, the other based on the old toy.

However, in the episode 'The Games' near the end of the NA series, Optikk received a weapons upgrade from the Blacksmith of Crelus. He was given new armour and a deadly missile launcher. Do you think we will get this as a figure? Does Mattel even have the rights for this? Will you buy such a figure? Or will the NA haters start screaming that this will be "killin teh lien"?
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    No action features.

Learn it, live it, love it.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    No action features. Learn it, live it, love it.
    You know, I read Novelty's post like Three or Four times, and I didn't see a mention of action features anywhere.
    But yeah, the missile launcher would be great to have. As for the other amour, I just thank God for the Optikk we're getting. A whole lot of the NA haters are already bleeding from the ears because of it, let alone variants.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Treeface View Post
    You know, I read Novelty's post like Three or Four times, and I didn't see a mention of action features anywhere.
    But yeah, the missile launcher would be great to have. As for the other amour, I just thank God for the Optikk we're getting. A whole lot of the NA haters are already bleeding from the ears because of it, let alone variants.
    Wouldn't a launching missile constitute an action feature?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It wouldn't have to actually launch, but yes, the little missile-headset thing would make a neat little pack-in for the extra head. But I'm just happy we're getting an Optikk at all!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    It wouldn't have to actually launch, but yes, the little missile-headset thing would make a neat little pack-in for the extra head.
    What Thatman said. I wonder if they could do it in time for this release of Optikk. Then we don't need a variant down the road.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor

Does anyone have pics of Optikk in this new get-up?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Certainly wouldn't mind, but it isn't much of a change, is it? I'm just happy to be getting him, honestly. The weapons he has are good enough.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Don't think he'd be allowed, unless there's a prototype of this version of Optikk somewhere. (One would think that there was a plan for an Optikk and Kayo variant, otherwise why does Kayo become a main character for the last half dozen episodes?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Well, they made the new Flipshot and the other mutant who visited the blacksmith as figures in the old line, it's just that Optikk never got much love previously, and now he's front and centre, so perhaps it's time we get the never made figure of him.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

I guess that Mattel believes not to have the rights for the missile-helmet. Or the Horsemen just were not aware of it. I can't think of any other explaination why they opted to give him interchangeable eyes/heads and that lame shield.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I guess that Mattel believes not to have the rights for the missile-helmet. Or the Horsemen just were not aware of it. I can't think of any other explaination why they opted to give him interchangeable eyes/heads and that lame shield.
    I think Mattel needs to do a lot more research on the NA figs before they put them out. I mean Optikk could be so awesome with the missile-helmet as an accessory and it would probably have blown people away that they put out not just the first NA fig, but one with an accessory that was never produced, but was part of the canon. Perhaps Mattel can still do this...
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Bang your head!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    What Thatman said. I wonder if they could do it in time for this release of Optikk. Then we don't need a variant down the road.
    If you want to delay the figure... Sure. But no, they cannot.
    It has to be designed, sculpted, pass inspection, go through factory tests than final production (give or take).
    I believe this takes any where from 6 to 9 months... I think...

But it's just one accessory... and they have made production changes after the prototypes have been shown a number of times, so it may be possible.
    Got Fur

Other Wants:

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Any pic of that accesory?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Optikk already has a ton of new tooling, so no I don't think Mattel should spend any more $ on another weapon for him.

i LOVE optikk but i hate missle launchers and other gimmicks. i will go with a NO on missle launchers.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Wouldn't a launching missile constitute an action feature?
    Not if it was designed like Prince Adam's weapon from 200X. And by weapon, I mean the mace he came with, which I actually separate into a mace and a telescope (for when Mekaneck isn't around).
    Last edited by josh; January 27, 2010 at 01:35pm. Reason: Added clarity

Or it doesn't have to do anything, it could just be sculpted to look like it could. Still, he looks just fine without it.
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I think Mattel needs to do a lot more research on the NA figs before they put them out. I mean Optikk could be so awesome with the missile-helmet as an accessory and it would probably have blown people away that they put out not just the first NA fig, but one with an accessory that was never produced, but was part of the canon. Perhaps Mattel can still do this...
    I agree, Now I know that the 4H have alot on their plate but I think that is what these forums are for, to do the research for them. Fans know alot of information, thats one of the reasons I come here, to learn more from fans like myself. I wish that rather then the sheild they had given him a shoulder mounted missle launcher that shoots out heat seeking missles ( doesnt have to really shoot). Any one remember the foot cruiser from the TMNT, it had the missle launcher on the back and shoot these eye missles, wish they had something like that for him. But I think the real message is that I hope that Toy guru and 4H use the fan based knowledge to help bring the best possible figure to the fans that buy the products they create, pulling from the vast classic media that exists.

Hey, I would have an idea:

1) Produce Optikk in that grey and blue color scheme fans suggested several times, and add the missile launcher helmet to the figure!
    2) Afterwards, repaint the helmet to fit 1st release Optikk and add it to a Weapons Pak!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I've no really interest in this variant and Toymaker makes a good point about if they even have rights to do it.

Plus we just need some NA figures before I even think about NA variants.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

No action features.

http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-co...s-reinhold.png

Learn it, live it, love it.
    Except for glow in the dark plastic, and color change, and smell, and spring action claws.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    More new figures are needed before we get C-list varients. Don't get me wrong... I loved the Optik figure. But I'd rather see many others before this one.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Heroic Warrior
    I think we need more interesting characters and original NA characters first. NA variants ? Suuure... after 2019.