Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The official MOTUC Fangman Thread

Well he certainly is...interesting. Kinda wacky! I love his sword, especially, and the fact that he has a sort of Fang Man symbol on his belt and sword. This guys thinks highly of himself!

Anyway, I have no nostalgic ties to him, but I like the figure well enough. Can anyone explain the item he's holding and the disk at his feet in many of the pics?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Well for all of the people who know him and want him excellent!!!

Now give us the rest of the Filmation only characters (Hint Hint My Icon) as well as others and I'll be happy!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Fang Man is ace... the main reason I signed up so quickly (yeah, even over Ram Man). I'll take all the Filmation characters they throw at me; Batros, Strong Arm, Octavia, even a Zagraz!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Fang Man is ace... the main reason I signed up so quickly (yeah, even over Ram Man). I'll take all the Filmation characters they throw at me; Batros, Strong Arm, Octavia, even a Zagraz!
    Don't forget,Masque,Shokoti,Icer,Lizard Man,Garn etc.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    I do NOT want Fangman to have any association with the Snakemen but i'm happy for parts to be shared but NO storyline link. He's clearly a lizard not a snake and they don't get on in the animal kingdom.
    Agreed. His head looks specifically like that of an iguana, certainly not a snake.

I don't get it why some people want to make any reptilian character part of the Snakemen; it seems as if they were incapable of telling snakes and lizards apart. There are many kinds and species of reptiles and snakes are just one particular subgroup of them. I can't remember having ever seen a snake with a crest on its head/nape.

I love that they are sticking in some nice Filmation easter eggs with the figures!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    It is nice to finally see Fang-Man figurized. The one thing is I have always seen him as a dragon or possibly a lizard. DEFINITELY NOT A SNAKEMAN. It would be a huge mistake to make him a snakeman.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

excellent. im not a filmation die hard fan but I was pretty curious how the first attempts could came out...and thats brilliant!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    someone can tell exactly what are his accesories? filmation references also could be cool for comparison.

He uses the bigger Fisto biceps or just a regular ones?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

It looks like he comes with The sword of the ancients, a cattle prod looking thing, and the wheel of infinity that keeps spinning and spinning till it blows up, Like it does in the one episode hes in "the Time Corridor" I hope they make refernce to the fact that he was left back in time like he was in the episode, something like skelator sent him back in time to get the sword of the ancients before it merged with Power Sword in "masks of Power". Thats the only thing that makes sense to me as to why he would have it. I want a Dragonsaur as a steed for him, I also hope his bio states that he can control Dragonsaurs.

Last edited by facet; July 15, 2012 at 03:44pm.

Heroic Warrior
    The thing at his feet is called "the Wheel of Infinity".

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    He is absolutely perfect!!!!!! ...and his jaw opens???

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...7/DSC_4439.jpg
    I kind of hope his tongue pops out...I know its sort of his "thing" but I just don't like it very much as a PERMANANT thing....
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Thanks...I had forgotten about the real name of the time device! LOL..... I need to watch those episodes again!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    There was an interview with ToyGuru at Toy Fair 2011, in which he talked about how he was just out to breakfast with the Four Horsemen, and they were telling him how badly they wanted to do a Fangman figure.
    I think that if they get the Filmation rights, he'll be one of the first releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Rumor has it that Fang Man is on his way
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I had heard a rumour a while back that we were getting Fangman in 2013, but I haven't heard anything since...I hope we still get him this year.
    I find it really interesting to look back at these correct predictions. Love Fang Man - he's straight out of the cartoon, with extra MOTUC details as needed. Make me look forward to the next Filmation reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    He is absolutely perfect!!!!!! ...and his jaw opens???
    Does it?! Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Heroic Warrior
    This figure is cool... They need to fix the tongue though.

Not Scorpia, but looks good. I love getting never before made characters.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

The accessory that everyone keeps referring to as the "Time Corridor" is incorrectly labled as such. The correct name for that accessory is "The Wheel of Infinity" as in the Filmation episode "The Time Corridor."

From this perspective, he looks perfect.
    http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...7/DSC_4439.jpg
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Warrior
    While I was looking forward to Fang Man (to challenge Lizard Man in my collection and universe), he is way too cartoony for me! I have a hard time believing that Mattel would've made a toy like that back in the 80's. I hope Lizard Man and the rest have less of a Filmation feel and more of a Classics-ized feel. Sorry, just way too cartoony for me!

He's one of my top Filmation wants, so I'm glad he's one of the earlier Filmation characters we get.

Quote Originally Posted by MLBfan View Post
    While I was looking forward to Fang Man (to challenge Lizard Man in my collection and universe), he is way too cartoony for me! I have a hard time believing that Mattel would've made a toy like that back in the 80's. I hope Lizard Man and the rest have less of a Filmation feel and more of a Classics-ized feel. Sorry, just way too cartoony for me!
    100% agree. This is exactly what I feared from Filmation figures, and why I may well not subscribe. "Anime hyper-detail" is bad but "limited-animation simple detail" is good? The "Classicizer" machine strikes me as having been broken when they did this.

I think maybe a repaint of the eyes would make him a lot better. Those are toon eyes, period.

I think he looks great, maybe his head is a bit too Filmation looking for my taste, but still, he's one of the better figures so far. Thank you 4HM for delivering the goods.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Does it?! Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    His tongue moves and his jaw is articulated. Straight out of Scott's mouth in Dan's walkthrough video!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Yeah fang man looks awesome. Him and rattlor my two favorite reveals. Then ram man and king he man.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I'm just happy to see Filmation characters! The cartoon was just as much a part of my childhood as the toys! I wouldn't change a thing about him.