Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The official MOTUC Fangman Thread

For those that don't know about Fang Man, he actually appeared in TWO episodes of the Filmation He-Man series, "The Time Corridor" and "Island of Fear."

Fang Man's accessory should be called "The Wheel of Infinity" as it was called in the episode "The Time Corridor." Why is everyone calling it the "Time Corridor" or the "Time Wheel?"

Heroic Warrior
    He's not in Island of Fear. Mer-Man and Whiplash are the only villaisn beside Skeletor in Island of Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    He's not in Island of Fear. Mer-Man and Whiplash are the only villaisn beside Skeletor in Island of Fear.
    YES HE IS! You need to go back and watch that episode. It is only a brief appearance, when the hereos are trying to get inside the island. They are briefly attacked by Fang Man on a couple of his Dragosaurs. I believe it to be recycled footage from the "Time Corridor", though as the island in this episode was also used as Dragosaur Island in the "Time Corridor."

Fang Man is awesome & has great accessories. Filmation forever....keep em coming.

Does anyone know what the accessory he is holding is? Is it completely new?

Seeing the Time Corridor again reminds me how awesome a Zilora figure would be too. I wonder if she is even on Mattel's radar since I don't often hear fans asking for her.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Kinda disappointed by Fang Man.

Between this and Filmation Randor, doesn't give me much confidence that the Filmation figures will be that cool.

Here's more of what I was hoping for in Fang Man as delivered by the 4H as part of an adult collector line:

I think he looks amazing but the one thing I'd change is......
    I'd give his skin some texture. Maybe some scales.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I think he looks amazing but the one thing I'd change is......
    I'd give his skin some texture. Maybe some scales.
    Scales?...then you're gonna have ppl here complaining that its too 200X or too "hyper-anime" detail.

I think he may be a bit too cartoony and bright.... But he will look good next to blue Mer-Man, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    YES HE IS! You need to go back and watch that episode. It is only a brief appearance, when the hereos are trying to get inside the island. They are briefly attacked by Fang Man on a couple of his Dragosaurs. I believe it to be recycled footage from the "Time Corridor", though as the island in this episode was also used as Dragosaur Island in the "Time Corridor."
    I can't find that scene anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I can't find that scene anywhere?
    Yeah, I think I might've been wrong. You were right about Island of Fear, Mer-Man and Whiplash were it. I went back and looked. I could have sworn he had another brief appearance in MOTU Filmation episode, maybe She-Ra. I just recently watched the whole series in the last year and made mental note of that, but I can't remember which episode it was. Anyhow, still glad he is coming.

I would also like to see Negator, who did appear in two MOTU Filmation episodes.

Most recent pic of him

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Bring on Fang Man! Hopeful that Mattel will reverse itself on the use of black plastic before we get him. Love his cartoony, super vintage look!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Bring on Fang Man! Hopeful that Mattel will reverse itself on the use of black plastic before we get him. Love his cartoony, super vintage look!
    Even if they stop use of black plastic I could still foresee problems with his eyes, like Spikor. They need to make make indentations on where the pupils need to be painted (like Clawful) so that the eyes are painted correctly. Hopefullly, someone here can bring this up to the 4H's attention.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Kinda disappointed by Fang Man.

Between this and Filmation Randor, doesn't give me much confidence that the Filmation figures will be that cool.

Here's more of what I was hoping for in Fang Man as delivered by the 4H as part of an adult collector line:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...es/fangman.jpg
    yeah, I was a little disappointed too. Specially seeing Emiliano Santalucia's version of Fang Man. He had it perfect. The figure we are getting is to cartoony.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Iīm a amazed the way he looks.

Yes, maybe he isnīt that monstrous but he never was. he is a big blue lizard man who was designed for a kids show.

Itīs great what the FOUR HORSEMEN did with him. All those details an his armor. The only trouble i have. it doesnīt look as if itīs removable.

But if thatīs the biggest problem iīm totally fine!

I still think his head is too huge. It looks so weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Most recent pic of him

Wow!
    It'a crazy how my pic (right/bottom) is almost the same as yours... (left/top)

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Its a minor gripe, but he does look a little weird against some of the more realistic sculpts. My whole issue with how to display this entire line has been with varied appearance of the sculpts---some are hyper-real (Fisto) and detailed, while others are hyper-cartoony, (Clawful) and most register somewhere inbetween, Hordak, Skeletor, etc... They all look good for what they are depicting, its just the difference between the detailing and style that makes it hard to display Fang-Man next to Vikor.
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yeah, we haven't really ended up with the most cohesive line, have we?

Really love the details on the tunic, belt, and sword.

Too bad he got maybe the goofiest head sculpt of the entire line.

I think he fits in great and that kind of translation is exactly what I hope we get in all of the FilMation characters. I don't think he looks any goofier than any of the other potentially "goofy" figures we have gotten. He has a much larger head according to the design so that might be what some are seeing, but he is going to look fantastic with the other Evil Warriors on the shelf.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: General Sunder, Mermista, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Saurod, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ninjor, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Peekablue, Perfuma, Enchantress, Lord Masque.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Yeah, we haven't really ended up with the most cohesive line, have we?
    But we never did until the 2002 line came along. The style on the vintage figures was all over the place; Rammy barely looked like he belonged in the line, any more than the Energy Zoids did. And the Filmation cartoon had some of the most realistic and indivualized human designs standing alongside caracitures like Razz and Zagraz. And face it, even in 2002, we had Old Man Marzo, who would have looked perfectly at home next to Filmation's Trollans, Widgets and Twiggets. There's always been a mix of the cartoony and the realistic in the property; really, Classics integrates it better than we've seen in the past.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think that little cattle prod accessory was on the original model sheet for Fangman, which i saw somewhere. Not 100% sure but that is what I remember, not sure what it is. All i know is that he looks awesome.