Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The official MOTUC Fangman Thread

More soon, but seriously, he is awesome. For the 10 minutes he has been here, I cannot find any issues with him at all. Moves great and fits in perfectly. He is Mer-Man and Fisto level to me. This is the type of figure that, at least for me, will bring renewed excitement to my already favorite line.

Fangman style!

Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Time travel was in fintage motu cartoon, vintage pop cartoon, vintage movie and vintage comic book. It is as much motu as as anything.
    Maybe true, but it doesn't mean that they have to over kill it whenever they possibly can! The concept of traveling to different dimensions/universes through portals I can live with, but time travel just creates so many holes in the mythos...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    More soon, but seriously, he is awesome. For the 10 minutes he has been here, I cannot find any issues with him at all. Moves great and fits in perfectly. He is Mer-Man and Fisto level to me. This is the type of figure that, at least for me, will bring renewed excitement to my already favorite line.

Fangman style!
    Awesome pictures, and I believe Fangman blends well with the rest of line in spite of the goofiness of his face.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

FM is ridiculously awesome!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I like that they identify him as a Dragosaur. That explains well why he looks so much different than the Snake Men, or even Whiplash or Draego-Man. He's a different species.

Now let's start going crazy over whether or not he died back in time when Orko cast the Spell of Separation! I say he does, because he's a DragoSAUR, and SAUR means lizard, and Lizard Man is a repton, and reptons all died. And he died in the past because the Spell of Separation hit the cosmic key built into the Central Tower, ricocheted off and struck the fragments of the wheel of infinity up in space, then that rained down and overloaded Spector's suit, which caused Zodac to alter the cosmos so that all of the Dragosaur tribe appeared at the Second Ultimate Battleground a split second before Orko cast the spell.

Put THAT on a bio!

Heroic Warrior
    Why would Skeletor try to stop Grayskull from being built? Considering he wants to capture its power, this makes no sense.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice figure, no black plastic underneath?

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Can someone tell me exactly what on this figure is in "cartoon" style versus Classics style? I keep looking for it, and I can't find it. The arms and legs use pre-existing parts from other Classics figures; they are in the Classics style. The tunic looks like someone took the the cartoon for influence and then made updates to match the sculpting available in today's toys/figures (in fact, some who claim he's too cartoony have stated they like the detail on the tunic);
    i hate the tunic. every other figure (except for FAILmation randor) is wearing armor but this guy is wearing a doublet that doesn't fit him. it is too cartoony & it looks terrible. he could have been cool.

i hate this stubborn adherence to FAILmation design.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I really like this character, particularly since they never made him in the past (unless my parents avoided the toy section that year.) He comes with three accessories too. Impressive. What really bugs me, though is that figures like Netossa lacked the accessories that the vintage counterpart came with (in her case a helmet) and accessories that she was initially supposed to have but never made it into production (like Netossa's sword.) It sucks because the MOTUC series is about as close to THE best figure incarnation of the characters as possible and some character's figures (mostly PoP) gets the short end of the stick (not only with accessories but with colors as well [ex: having gray rather than white and lacking details like other figures seem to have gained in their reincarnations].)

Now this figure looks like it's worth $27. Can't wait for March.

I love that his name is Scutes, which I am reading as Scoots. He is no longer Fang Man to me... from hence forth he is Scoots! I love it

Edit: the first pic from Veebs is classic Scoots!
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Fang Man is just absolutely amazing, best figure of the year! I want him NOW!!! DAMN awesome!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

THIS FIGURE IS INCREDIBLE!!!

I have always wanted him when I saw him in the 'toons and never had any discrepancy if he was this or that... he is MOTU!

I do think that what many are feeling on the odds with is the colors; they are kinda bright making it look "cartoony", so I think with a light black/grey wash over it would've gave him that Classics appeal...

But none the less, I CAN'T wait!!! Now bring on STRONGARM!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

The bare midriff from the armor shrinking from proto to production needs to stop. From Jitsu to Fangman, this is a bad trend. Anyone else worried about this? As others have stated, Fangman's outfit is supposed to be like a one piece and not a separate top and bottom, so this makes this instance of bare midriff worse. I will admit I was the first person to cringe when battle armor heman was given a silver ab piece, but this could have worked better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    i hate the tunic. every other figure (except for FAILmation randor) is wearing armor but this guy is wearing a doublet that doesn't fit him. it is too cartoony & it looks terrible. he could have been cool.

i hate this stubborn adherence to FAILmation design.
    Really?

Rattlor, Man-E-Faces, Vikor, Scareglow, Moss Man, Star Sisters & Khan....none have armor.

Randor, Prince Adam, Marlena, Adora, PD He-man, Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, Frosta, Catra , She-Ra & Dekker....no armor, have tunics, skirts or robes....

Stratos is not wearing armor, it's a jet pack....

Demo Man is not really wearing armor, he has a shirt or a tunic on with shoulder protection....

The only thing I see about Fang Man that could be better is the head could be a little less goofy....but we have waving "hi" I'm Mer-Man with a cartoonish second head, Marzo who looks like a Yugi-Oh character, Optikk's head is a friggin eyeball, Snout Spout has a giant elephant head, Clawful is a lost Jim Henson creation and Grizzlor is a walking carpet....SLL & Spector are plain ass figures, Leech has tiny legs and arms when he should have been a complete new sculpt....
    He fits in just fine with all the others, just like Randor does....

And have you even seen Gwildor? Face it MOTU is full of serious, cartoonish and alien looking beings....Fang Man is no different than any other figure....And other than his articulation, I prefer the Filmation Randor to the Vintage one. But Mattel did jack the articulation up....badly, but I don't blame the figure for that, I blame the design team.

It's no more adherance than Classics has to the Vintage figures, and despite Fang Man not having a Vintage figure....he looks as if he is a direct translation from what his Vintage figure would have looked like.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 16, 2013 at 10:04pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Aw jeez... Fang man in the house! I love him! His bright colors are super awesome!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Heh. Now the pendulum swings in the other direction. First Jitsu's face has too much detail, now Fang Man's face is too cartoony.

Mattel can't win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Really?

Rattlor, Man-E-Faces, Vikor, Scareglow, Moss Man, Star Sisters & Khan....none have armor.

Randor, Prince Adam, Marlena, Adora, PD He-man, Shadow Weaver, Sorceress, Frosta, Catra , She-Ra & Dekker....no armor, have tunics, skirts or robes....

Stratos is not wearing armor, it's a jet pack....

Demo Man is not really wearing armor, he has a shirt or a tunic on with shoulder protection....

The only thing I see about Fang Man that could be better is the head could be a little less goofy....but we have waving "hi" I'm Mer-Man with a cartoonish second head, Marzo who looks like a Yugi-Oh character, Optikk's head is a friggin eyeball, Snout Spout has a giant elephant head, Clawful is a lost Jim Henson creation and Grizzlor is a walking carpet....SLL & Spector are plain ass figures, Leech has tiny legs and arms when he should have been a complete new sculpt....
    He fits in just fine with all the others, just like Randor does....

And have you even seen Gwildor? Face it MOTU is full of serious, cartoonish and alien looking beings....Fang Man is no different than any other figure....And other than his articulation, I prefer the Filmation Randor to the Vintage one. But Mattel did jack the articulation up....badly, but I don't blame the figure for that, I blame the design team.

It's no more adherance than Classics has to the Vintage figures, and despite Fang Man not having a Vintage figure....he looks as if he is a direct translation from what his Vintage figure would have looked like.
    Really?!!! Welcome to the Era Wars™! One fan's favorite era is another fan's hated era.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Fangman looks pretty sweet.

I don't care for filmation, but he looks as he should. All figures should look like their primary source material whether it's comics, vintage toys, filmation, MYP, the movie, or whatever. All are translated to the classic style with parts sharing and for the past 4 years, that strategy has worked.

The sword of the ancients is pretty sweet. As for the figure, objectively I'd have to say he's very well done, but I don't know that I'll keep this one. We'll see.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Fang Man is just PERFECT! nuff' said!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Fangman looks fantastic, I can't wait to get him as my march sub figure

I'm getting more excited for this guy. I love that he comes with the Wheel and the Sword if the Ancients; they'll make nice artifacts to keep within Grayskull later this year.

I love his Real Name! Scutes is such a scamp.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Heh. Now the pendulum swings in the other direction. First Jitsu's face has too much detail, now Fang Man's face is too cartoony.

Mattel can't win.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?!!! Welcome to the Era Wars™! One fan's favorite era is another fan's hated era.
    I know, I get that, I don't like the Movie, Comics, 200X or NA, but damn....I know others do....pretty much just Filmation....don't get me wrong despite all I don't like, I still like figures from different eras....I like King Grayskull & Griffin, I don't own him but I suppose Slush Head looks decent enough....Procrustus is really cool.....

Not to mention, it's like "every other figure has armor" um...no....they don't.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; January 16, 2013 at 11:04pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Snappy Threader
    I love this fig and bio. So glad the didn't make him a Snake...wonder if Saurod will be tied in with Fang Man in any way?

I like the sword. I don't like the character or the styling of the head and tunic from what I see here. I'll determine his fate once I have him in hand from the sub. But he's looking like custom fodder right now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Fang Man is incredible! I personally love the goofy face on him. And the color blue. I usually don't buy doubles to open but I am seriously considering buying a second one to open and display! MORE FILMATION!