Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SDCC exclusive DCU v MotUC 2 pack from TRU

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

SDCC exclusive DCU v MotUC 2 pack from TRU

On toynewsi!

"The World’s Greatest Toy Store continues its profound partnership with Entertainment Earth at this year’s annual Comic-Con International in San Diego, and will no doubt contribute to the euphoria of the participating action figure and comic book enthusiasts. In honor of the show’s forty-second year, and the company’s thrilling third year in attendance, from Wednesday, July 20 through Sunday, July 24, Toys“R”Us will offer an extraordinary extravaganza of official San Diego Comic-Con merchandise, including a exclusive DCU vs. MOTU- Bizarro vs. Battle Armor Faker 2-pack from Mattel.

Combining two beloved franchises, DC Universe Classics vs. Masters of the Universe Classics, this “Bizarro vs. Battle Armor Faker” 2-Pack set brings iconic mirror image baddies together for the first time! Featuring a dastardly duo of villainy – The Man of Steel’s inverted nemesis and The Most Powerful Man in the Universe’s evil, robotic duplicate – fans can now battle for doppelganger supremacy of Metropolis and Eternia! The set contains Bizarro and Battle Armor Faker figures, accessories, comic book reprint packaging, as well as an exclusive mini-poster.

Continuing last year’s magnificent merge with Entertainment Earth, every Toys“R”Us Comic-Con exclusive will be available at Entertainment Earth Booth #2343.

Fans who are unable to attend the show can still purchase the exclusive Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con merchandise online at Toysrus.com/comiccon2011 starting Thursday, July 21. However, there is a limited number of each item, so fans should visit Entertainment Earth at booth #2343 or Toysrus.com/comiccon2011 early to purchase the below action figures.

All Toys“R”Us San Diego Comic-Con exclusives are limited editions and are available on a first-come, first served basis.

See hi-res images below of the figure."

Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome....................

It will be available online 7/21 for those not attending

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.js...ccom2011:70111
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Wow... BA Faker looks so plain.

I think the BA Faker custom figure (or was it a Photoshop work ?) some member posted here several months ago was MUCH better than the official thing.

I hope this is not one of their "big" announcements.

For me, it will be a pass on this one...

P.S. : It also seems the "art" was not improved. It's actually nice to get some reveal BEFORE SDCC starts... at least, it breaks the lack of news.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 1, 2011 at 12:36pm.

BA faker?! ... cool! ...

not a pack i will be buying though ... but nice to see a reveal! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    That looks horrible.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Wow... BA Faker looks so plain.

I think the BA Faker custom figure (or was it a Photoshop work ?) some member posted here several months ago was MUCH better than the official thing.
    Yeah for some reason just putting Battle Armor Skeletors armor on Faker would look better imho

I hope this is not one of their "big" announcements.

For me, it will be a pass on this one...
    Its not being sold at the MattyCollector/Mattel both so its not a Mattel reveal now is it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Wow...not sure what to say. lol.
    Faker looks pretty cool, although he looks like he has the regular abs, which is weird for a Battle Armor figure.
    But I'm guessing this is only available to Americans.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Good ol' Dan Lynch!!! He's been asked for this figure and damn if it didn't happen!

Khor had asked for this too!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Battle Armor Faker looks pretty sweet...I'm betting this is just a sample though, and the actual figure will have smooth, orange abs...just like Snooki.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is neat and I probably will buy it...but...why is Faker missing the "tummy shield" and orange paint under his armour? BA He-Man and Skeletor were both done this way. This Faker looks like he was left over and they stuck new armour on him...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'd rather have Faker with the magenta armor. This combination isn't all that exciting to me...it's okay though.

Hopefully TRU will have the other 2-Packs available on their site soon as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Its not being sold at the MattyCollector/Mattel both so its not a Mattel reveal now is it
    The opening post says it's actually a "SDCC first reveal", so please forgive me...

I agree Tallstar bring on the maenta armor

I am glad that the people that wanted him will have a change to get him now

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Pretty cool! Granted, Faker looks a little odd with the armor, but I'm looking forward to the closer pictures.

I'm glad Toys'R'Us is going to put these SDCC online. I know HasbroToyShop.com has done that before with their SDCC items.

Neat idea, but I want a better BA Faker available sometime as an A-list variant....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is neat and I probably will buy it...but...why is Faker missing the "tummy shield" and orange paint under his armour? BA He-Man and Skeletor were both done this way. This Faker looks like he was left over and they stuck new armour on him...
    Probably would take too much 'development'.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

SOLD!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Ehh, easy pass for me. I already got a better version of Bizarro and BA Faker isn't spectacular enough fo rme to spend 30 bucks on that set.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I have to say that I'm shocked that these things are still being made. Not that I don't like them and that they aren't cool, but they're pretty expensive *for a store environment* and don't really sell. Every TRU seems to have 9k of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The opening post says it's actually a "SDCC first reveal", so please forgive me...
    Yeah well technically it is a SDCC reveal, its just not a Mattel one or it would have been revealed on MattyCollector not toynewsi

I will be interested to see how these sell, Toys R Us has never done this kind of thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I'm glad Toys'R'Us is going to put these SDCC online. I know HasbroToyShop.com has done that before with their SDCC items.
    HasbroToyShop does it every year with every exclusive, I wish all the participants of SDCC would do that for the people who can't go!
    Last edited by markatisu; July 1, 2011 at 12:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    A bizarre variant, but is cool offering new additions to the line.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope TRU.com's servers are nice...

It's on come July 21st!

As a TRU Comic-Con exclusive, it doesn't take up slots for Wave 4. It's a bonus figure that's purely optional.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)