Thread: Hurricane Hordak and Leech carded!

Hybrid View

Hurricane Hordak and Leech carded!

On Matty's Facebook!

"Apparent death" of King Randor? Hmmm…me thinks he's not really dead. The vac metal paint app looks awesome!

Leech…I LOVE the mentioning of the Lake of Gnarl! Ooooh…and he was "mind wiped" by Hordak's "lead witch"! Shadow Weaver anyone??

**Due to the adult nature of some of the comments, please do not post direct links to Matty's Facebook page. Thanks! **
    Last edited by chuc98; June 24, 2011 at 09:33pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

"HORDAK'S LEAD WITCH"
    *dies*
    Toy Boys, Inc. Customs here ----> http://www.flickr.com/toyboys-inc

add us on Facebook! ToyBoys Movies

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay! *goes to look*

EDIT: So Leech...the leech, is now a slug? I think my brain just exploded.

The vac-metal armour on Hurricane Hordak looks spectacular though! If it holds up well, I hope we get a He-Ro with armour like this!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 24, 2011 at 09:41pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Both figures look fantastic!!!

Awesome! Love the Leech bio! Leech's real name works for me too.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Hordak's lead Witch is soooooo Shadow Weaver

And Hordak's attachements work with Roboto and Trap Jaw!!!

And

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector Facebook
    "Hordak's new bio. Not to worry, more info is coming soon if this one creates more questions then it answers!"
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    So awesome!!! They look great and I love the bios. Although I'm not sure how I feel about the "Lead Witch" brainwashing all the Horde members. Didn't they brainwash Grizzlor too? That needs to stop and they can just be evil w/o being brainwashed!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    So Leech...the leech, is now a slug? I think my brain just exploded.
    Another example of why the biographies are so poor! This is extraordinary!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Both figures look fantastic!!!
    But this is true as well. Ignore the biographies folks; just enjoy the figures.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    EDIT: So Leech...the leech, is now a slug? I think my brain just exploded.
    Leeches typically live in water only, while slugs live on land. Leech appears to be able to survive in both environments. I'll just go with he's a hybrid species that has evolved to survive on either dry land or in water.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Is it just me or is the writing/grammar in Leech's bio atrocious?

"...Leech was called from the depths by a magic spell of Hordak..."
    "OF Hordak"? Wouldn't it have been much better to write "from Hordak" or "of Hordak's"?

...to suck enemies of their strength...
    I know this is what he does, but I feel like "siphon" would have been a better choice here.

Gah! I know it's nitpicking, but these really stick out at me and make me want to hit things. >.<

As for the mindwiping. Totally no problem with it. That's what makes the Horde different from the Evil Warriors or the Snakemen. Hordak is too busy being a bad mama jamma to worry about "recruiting" or "insubordination". He just enslaves everyone he meets to ensure absolute compliance and loyalty. This doesn't make him weak. It makes him efficient. You don't become the ultimate tyrant dominating most of the known universe if you're constantly fending off plots against your rule. You crush free thought and independence before they can rear their ugly heads.

In the rare case you do let them keep their wits, you make damn sure they don't try anything. Calix is doubtful? BAM, dead. Skeletor is snippy? Put his head in a magical vise. Now that I mention Skeletor, see what happened there? Too much independence. I rest my case.

Also, I <3 Slebetor Slug-Men!
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    *cough*nonFBrepostplze*cough*

Leech still looks really cool...and I like his real name and species name!

I'm not really interested in Hurricane Hordak, but it was good thinking to make his attachments work with Trap Jaw and Roboto.

love love love both figures and that vac metal makes me sad we didnt get it on he-ro. can not wait for these!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

ugh...I think the vac-metal cheapens the line quite a lot. It just looks cheap and like they're trying DESPERATELY to hold kids' attention.

But the rest of the figure looks awesome, as does Leech!!! And VERY interesting bios!!! Plenty to chew on here!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Slug detected, man the harpoons!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    ugh...I think the vac-metal cheapens the line quite a lot. It just looks cheap and like they're trying DESPERATELY to hold kids' attention.

But the rest of the figure looks awesome, as does Leech!!! And VERY interesting bios!!! Plenty to chew on here!
    as an homage to the original (which is one of the POINTS of this line) i think it adds to the line. I must be a kid because I love it, i think it looks great.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Hordak's Lead Witch! OMG could Shadow Weaver actually be on the horizon

Good catch!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If they ARE referring to Shadow Weaver, that means she was part of the Horde before they were banished to Despondos... thousands of years, I'd imagine, before the time of Castaspella in Mysticor. That means that Shadow Weaver's Filmation origin has been changed...

Even if they were just leaving room for Shadow Weaver, it's still suggestive that they have little to no respect for the POP cartoon... or maybe they just really aren't as familiar with it as they'd like us to believe...
    Well there is the chance like MGM says that Castaspella is ancient as well and they've moved Mysticor and the Council of Kings all back in time. But I don't now how they can do that and still keep it Etherian, since the Horde on Etheria happens after the banishment to Despondos in the bios (I need to go back and reread them).

As for the no respect, it totally depends on what kind of room they're leaving. If Hordak employing a Lead Witch (why do I picture a sandwich with bullets in it?) is all they want to indicate, then it may just be a rank that Shadow Weaver will fill and they could actually get more than one figure out of this. Otherwise, they are favoring MYP's Preternia Horde too much IMO and devaluing Etheria too much.