Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Hordak and Leech carded!

Wow!!

Both figures look awesome and I love the bios.

There's some great "tidbits" in the HH bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Sorry, but I'm hoping the "head witch" is actually NOT Shadow Weaver. If so, then they've COMPLETELY changed her origin. Shadow Weaver was a fellow magic student with Castaspella on ETHERIA, and sold out the Council of Kings to the Horde for her powers. Now all of that is gone, because they have her in Preternia, thousands of years before the Horde arrive on Etheria. So no rivalry with Castaspella, and no selling out the Etherian kings to the Horde. It seems that in their haste to legitimize Preternia as much as possible, it comes at the expense of any previously established POP canon.

Other than that, great bios.

Considering how Mattel butchered Catra's bio, are you really surprised?

It's almost like Mattel decided to redo all the POP origins.

So...what is Shadow Weaver, an Etherian traitor, doing mind-wiping Leech on Preternia? I know, I know, keep reading the bios. But if that's Shadow Weaver, I hope they are not changing her Etherian origin. And if it's not her, who the heck?!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    And if it's not her, who the heck?!

That would actually be pretty awesome since that would allow her to be with the Horde and Preteternia without messing with Shadow Weaver
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior BIG DADDY SINISTER's Avatar
    With all these brainwashed characters on the Horde side, Skeletor could have several built-in aces in thr hole to defeat Hordak. What was done can be undone, including brainwashing. Skelly or Evil-Lyn could get wind of Leech and Grizzlor's "agressive recruitment" and neutralize the spells, creating vengeful moles in the Evil Horde that will sabatoge and/or turn against Hordak at a crucial moment.
    "Who do you pray to... when you're the religion?" - THOR

Sorry guys need to roll my eyes

That vat-metalling will chip off in no time (probly even in packet) this I can garantee.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That would actually be pretty awesome since that would allow her to be with the Horde and Preteternia without messing with Shadow Weaver
    Oh, I'm not laughing because I think it's a bad idea or anything. I just think it would be funny if Mattel already had plans for this concept character.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    So, am I the only one that absolutely -hates- vac-metallization?

At any rate, leech is really growing on me. Liking him more and more.

The bios are bland, but that little mention of shadow weaver has to be another hint and in and of itself, its awesome.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Leave it to the great photographers again...

Either it's a bad angle or Leech got photographed with his head not being pushed down all the way like it was when it was revealed. It looks great in the package but that picture on the card backs looks goofy.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I agree! That would allow for Penny Dreadful's "Legion of Horror" idea:

Here's the kicker: what if something happens (defection, falling out, etc.) and the Green witch is "cured" of the techno virus and Horde magic/science and became Madam Razz?! Broom from techno to a real, living broom, and it would explain why she's so old and lived for generations...because she's no longer an "ageless" Horde member...

This would let Shadow Weaver enter the picture when she should, without butchering her history, unlike Catra, unfortunately. Hell, Shadow Weaver can even partially mind-wipe her to better explain Madam Razz's memory loss, and because Shadow Weaver is ADDICTED to mind-wiping people!

EDIT: I'm with defection! Evil Horde Witch is ordered to capture him, and ends up falling in love with him (Madam Razz's old boyfriend from the cartoon). Light Hope can cure her of the techno virus and Horde magic and science in his pool. BAM!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 25, 2011 at 01:10am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

To be honest, I think stating the Horde's "Lead Witch" is a red herring. It was a deliberate plant to create speculation. The lead witch will not be Shadow Weaver.

I think Shadow Weaver is a later inclusion into the Horde, by proving her worthiness she dispatches the Horde's lead witch and becomes the replacement

i think both figures look amazing. The bios gave out some good information and like where they are leading.

AMAZING looking figures!!!!!

BUT the bios are kinda wimpy...

From a science website:

A slug is a mollusk, it lives on land and eats plants.
    A leech is an annelid (segmented worm) lives in fresh or salt water depending on the type and sucks blood.
    Really? Couldn't Scott have looked that up? LOL I know it's knit-picky, but come on...
    And why does Leech also have to be mind-wiped? Why couldn't he just be an evil creature who joined the Horde? Not everyone has to be forced into service.

It just seems like there is over-use of things like brain-washing, cloning, and names with random apostrophes.

The vac-metal looks very nice on HH, and I am excited about that figure. Leech looks amazing. REALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Sorry, but I'm hoping the "head witch" is actually NOT Shadow Weaver. If so, then they've COMPLETELY changed her origin. Shadow Weaver was a fellow magic student with Castaspella on ETHERIA, and sold out the Council of Kings to the Horde for her powers. Now all of that is gone, because they have her in Preternia, thousands of years before the Horde arrive on Etheria. So no rivalry with Castaspella, and no selling out the Etherian kings to the Horde. It seems that in their haste to legitimize Preternia as much as possible, it comes at the expense of any previously established POP canon. .
    This.

If they ARE referring to Shadow Weaver, that means she was part of the Horde before they were banished to Despondos... thousands of years, I'd imagine, before the time of Castaspella in Mysticor. That means that Shadow Weaver's Filmation origin has been changed...

Even if they were just leaving room for Shadow Weaver, it's still suggestive that they have little to no respect for the POP cartoon... or maybe they just really aren't as familiar with it as they'd like us to believe...

Or maybe it's TG not really catching the error in his own story telling (I will never believe he isn't writing every single one of these... which is fine, because they are improving).

I'm sorry though, the Filmation origin for Shadow Weaver is JUST FINE the way it is IMO.

They should have said "lead sorcerer." They can't come out and say, "Oh, we meant one of the Horde Wizards from MYP." They mean Shadow Weaver... otherwise they wouldn't have said witch...

UNLESS... and this is a BIG "unless," they use the opportunity to make the witch character that PennyDreadful created a thread for!
    Last edited by bcrduke; June 25, 2011 at 12:38am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I can't wait to get both figures! I'm also excited about the inclusion of Hordak's main witch - whether it's Shadow Weaver or some other character.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG DADDY SINISTER View Post
    With all these brainwashed characters on the Horde side, Skeletor could have several built-in aces in thr hole to defeat Hordak. What was done can be undone, including brainwashing. Skelly or Evil-Lyn could get wind of Leech and Grizzlor's "agressive recruitment" and neutralize the spells, creating vengeful moles in the Evil Horde that will sabatoge and/or turn against Hordak at a crucial moment.
    So THAT'S why Grizzlor was working with Skeletor in the Mo-Larr episode.
    Does Galactus fart?

It sucks for POP compared to MOTU because so many of POP's characters that were important to the story were Filmation only Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Light Hope, Madame Razz. Heck three characters in the opening sequences of She-Ra including two of them that know her secret "Aren't Available" to mention or use.

Imagine what are MOTU stories would be like if Orko, The Sorceress and Evil-Lyn couldn't have been used but only alluded to. I think if they do acquire the Filmation rights they are going to try to work them into the story they are telling but the story and MYP was built without access to these characters.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    Sorry guys need to roll my eyes

That vat-metalling will chip off in no time (probly even in packet) this I can garantee.
    yep, can see the thread now!

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    So, am I the only one that absolutely -hates- vac-metallization?
    Nope! Im totally with you!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I love accuracy, but really...c'mone. Slug, worm, ect, whatever. I know, it's not accurate. But ignoring that it's an alien creature from another planet, where the fact that he's named Leech is based on looks and what he does, not scientifically what he is, this is a bio and a cool story, or even a terrible story, but calling him a slug man..sure.

Maybe he is a blood drinking mollusk, and they call him a "Slug Man". it's a nick name.

But regardless, it's like when I get corrected when I suggest things about bugs, and maybe I refrence spiders, and psuedo intellectuals with something to prove tell me spiders arent insects, they're arachnids, ect.

Whatever, I know that, you know that, but it's a "bug". Whatever.

Plus there's the whole aformentioned "aline being from another planet" thing.

So they called him leech. He's a slug man. Here's another trick: Snakemen wouldnt have legs, now would they? But they arent really snakes. They just are visually similar. Heck, Hisss's snake form isnt a snake, it's a hydra. Guess it's a mistake they call them "snakemen". Or Toung Lashor. The vintage toy is so obviously a salamander, so he's an amphibian, not a snake man. Or maybe that's too nit picky, hmmmn?

So yeah, I like Leech being called a "Slug Man". Much cooler than "Annelid Man".

About Hordak, I am only considering getting one to use it as the base for a Filmation Hordak. But then I am hoping/thinking that we will at least get a nod in a TRU 2 Pack, or with the "New possibly Filmation Rights", so I dont want to waste the time if we get an official one.

But I kinda want to buy one "just in case".

Do Earth facts really need to apply to Eternia?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Mantenna is closer to a slug than Leech. I mean...Leech is a leech! There was no need for the word slug in that bio at all.

It's like calling Clawful, Rainbow Trout-Man.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

You know what?

NEVER MIND.

Never mind that facts matter...

Of course it's just fantasy and it doesn't really matter... I KNOW that

MY point is: why bother making the effort to write in a mistake? Why not call Leech's people something else? Something totally original?

Carnivus's people are called Qadians... not Cat-People.

Never mind.

A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Since were throwing facts around...

July 16, 2008—A previously unknown species of meat-eating slug that sucks up earthworms like spaghetti has been discovered in Wales, scientists announced.

The so-called ghost slug—pictured above—first appeared in South Wales gardens in 2006, possibly after arriving as a stowaway in imported potted plants, said biologist Ben Rowson of National Museum Cardiff.

The nocturnal predator is armed with blade-like teeth (see inset) for slicing through animal flesh and can measure up to 5 inches (13 centimeters) long when stalking its prey, Rowson said.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Why is Leech's yellow shoulder patch now missing?
    It's removable, same as the arm band. Both fell down to the elbow level. if you look closely, the armbands are at the elbow and the shoulder pad is hanging on top of it.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Since were throwing facts around...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...-photo_big.jpg
    July 16, 2008—A previously unknown species of meat-eating slug that sucks up earthworms like spaghetti has been discovered in Wales, scientists announced.

The so-called ghost slug—pictured above—first appeared in South Wales gardens in 2006, possibly after arriving as a stowaway in imported potted plants, said biologist Ben Rowson of National Museum Cardiff.

The nocturnal predator is armed with blade-like teeth (see inset) for slicing through animal flesh and can measure up to 5 inches (13 centimeters) long when stalking its prey, Rowson said.
    That is actually pretty cool
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I don´t see it but
    did they maintain the "Bow" wrists? Hope so!
    Last edited by JimPansen; June 25, 2011 at 05:20am.