View Poll Results: Do you want more serious faces on Two Bad?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want him look more adult like Whiplash

91 72.22%
  • No, I want him more cartoony like the vintage toy...

35 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Two-Bad- Serious faces or vintage like?

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Two-Bad- Serious faces or vintage like?

I liked the faces on the 200x figure.

Do you want a more adult faces or cartoony like Clawful's head or the TB vintage toy?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I liked the faces on the 200x figure.

Do you want a more adult faces or cartoony like Clawful's head or the TB vintage toy?

They're the same head (s).

One set has a more detail sculpted... but they're the same heads. This isn't like merman or Moss man, where there is a drastically different appearance.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Some would say that vintage Clawful and Staction Clawful also have the same face with slight color changes...So just to be clear, I'd say I want the 200x heads only!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Definitely the 200X face.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    They're the same head (s).

One set has a more detail sculpted... but they're the same heads. This isn't like merman or Moss man, where there is a drastically different appearance.
    It's not only the detail, their expression were completly different, not talking about the goofiness from the vintage toy heads...

before I vote, I'll say that the "Yes/No" question is confused by the definitions added. Like I think "yeah, I want it "Vintage" in as much as I dont want the purple side to have an open mouth", but not "Yeah, I want "cartoony looking". And I dont see how whiplash, ect look more adult. I am not sure what that is trying to describe. The vintage toys look like children? Whatever, I'm lost on that point.

And I always thought that Clawful, for instance, was basically the same. I'm in the camp that he didnt need a 200x head.

So yeah, I'd say they are pretty much the same. Except for the open mouth.

That being said, I can see how the Blue side appears to be kinda smiling. So if that's the case, no I dont want him smiling.

But I dont remember the figure looking so smiley in person, so I trust the 4h not to have smilin' joe Two-Bad.

--

ok voted vintage just because I dont really see much of a difference. It'll be classicized. Frankly other than the open mouth I'd say that the heads of the 200x are "classicized" more or less.

At any rate, I trust the 4h.

I much prefer the 200X heads but we know they will be the same as the 80s ones.

Vintage. Just with more added detail like with Whiplash, Buzz-Off, etc..
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Vintage. Just with more added detail like with Whiplash, Buzz-Off, etc..
    This is how I'd like to see him as well.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    the classic look is not goofy looking. classic looks fine to me.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Mostly on such issues I go for the vintage look, though to be honest I have always felt that vintage Two-Bad was a little too goofy looking.

I hate to sit on the fence, but personally on this one I'd like to see some kind of "in-betwee" - not the over-serious, slightly "severe" 200x version, but the goofiness of the vintage version much toned down.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Unlike Clawful, I don't think the 80s heads look bad or goofy, I just prefer the 200X ones. They look better to me.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It's going to be vintage-inspired...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    You know, they could get the more "savage" heads for Two Bad, and the more serious heads for Tuvar and Baddhra... or vice-versa.

I like both styles, really.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I just don't see Tuvar and Baddhra as happy people. I expect their faces to be mean and nasty.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    why not have both? Two heads for the vintage look and two heads for the 200x look?

A two-headed, half-blue, half-purple monster guy in bright orange bikini-top armor and furry underpants. Named "Two-Bad." IMHO the more "serious business!" that looks, the more ridiculous it gets, so I'll go with vintage. :b

Vintage for me cuz I hate 200X, lol. I hated Spawn figures, and 200X crappy designs remind me of Spawn figures.

I'm not a fan of goofy faced monsters...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I definitely want the figure updated a bit more in the facial department. Let's say closer to whiplash or Beastman than Buzz-Off and Clawful.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'm not too worried about this; the designs are so similar. TS not as though there's as huge a glf between the Vintage and 200X looks as there was with figures such as Whiplash and Mer-Man.

That said, I quite like the idea of one set with Two-Bad and the other coming with Tuvar and Baddrah, respectively.

In the meantime, I'm voting Vintage.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Snappy Threader
    Serious look for me.

Make them look serious and mean!

Heroic Warrior
    I really don't get this poll either. The vintage and 200X both are trying to look mean/evil but the more recent version does if better obviously. I'm sure when the get around to the MOTUC version it will be even better.

If you're asking if I want Baddrah screaming- doesn't matter to me either way.

Vintage, like all others, just an update by the 4H will be enough to make it better.

I don't see anything cartoonish about the Vintage figure, and the 200X faces, are among the few I kind of like from 200X....but they are basically the same faces, just 200X is updated, and MOTUC will be more Vintage than 200X, but will still be the same.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!