Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dan's Spinnerella Review !

Pixel Dan's Spinnerella Review !

Enjoy !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Considering we're paying more for this figure due to the paint apps, those splodges are unforgivable.

Uggghhh! They didn't learn how horrible the Sorceress's wings were....stuck on the arms? With as big as those bracers are, couldn't they have made the tassles a plug-in feature, so you could remove them if you wanted? I'm not a fan.....and I still don't think this figure should have cost more. I would have thought Mantenna would have been a higher cost with the extra legs.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Certainly like the look, but I do wish there could have been something done about the tassels. If cloth ones would have made her cost more, I would have paid it, honestly. I'm seriously thinking about buying two and seeing if I can attach cloth tassels, but we'll see if I feel like it's worth it, later. I'm sure someone else will try it.

I also wish she came with a weapon that made sense to spin with, like the axes or a sword, or knives, or ANYTHING other than a spear! On the other hand, this is the spear I wanted Netossa to come with, so it'll go to her. I might paint the spearhead to match her color scheme (hopefully the blue shaft works as-is). I don't really mind her not coming with any weapons, if I can't match her with anything. Her spinning abilities matched with a dancer's movements will make for a great hand-to-hand fighter.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    Considering we're paying more for this figure due to the paint apps, those splodges are unforgivable.
    Agree with ^this 100%

Her face sculpt, although not bad, isn't as good as what we first saw. Her hair is a nice feature. And the shield not actually fitting on the arm is just sloppy planning.

I still like her. Just not as much as I thought i would.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm sure someone else will try it.
    Maybe me. To make Tallstar s ribbons, I used rubber band + Paint + ultra hard varnish, I think I will do the same for Spinny.

jij_by_seblebon-d5fxzmz.jpg

Is it just me, or is Dan finding it harder to hide his disappointment with every passing figure?
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Is it just me, or is Dan finding it harder to hide his disappointment with every passing figure?
    I donīt hear disappointment, i hear that his voice sounds a bit cranky maybe he has a sore throat and i wouldnīt wonder with all that videos he made lately
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

The moment I saw her figure form on SDCC videos, I thought this would be "yet another" Sorceress issue ! There is no doubt that I love this figure, but the design could have done something better on her tassels. If cloth is not the way to go, then they could have made those plastic tassels removable, something like Spector's cosmic key !

But at the end of the day, we are talking about Ruben here ! You can't expect any better ! Glad he's gone for 2015 !!

As for that sloppy paint apps.......... come on, we are paying extra $5.00 for this figure !!

EDIT :-

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Uggghhh! They didn't learn how horrible the Sorceress's wings were....stuck on the arms? With as big as those bracers are, couldn't they have made the tassles a plug-in feature, so you could remove them if you wanted?
    wOw....... I never even read your post & we thought the same !

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    I'm not a fan.....and I still don't think this figure should have cost more. I would have thought Mantenna would have been a higher cost with the extra legs.

I STRONGLY feel that the extra $5.00 was fixed NOT because of the paint apps, its because of the rarity of her vintage figure ! The marketing strategy is "everybody who is missing 'a' Spinnerella in their collection will buy one............ even if she is $5.00 extra" !!
    Last edited by TUC138; November 2, 2014 at 05:29pm.
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

She's not perfect but I'm still really happy with her. I love the face and hair. Both came out great.

I wish they would have included a joint at the bracelets like BG Evil-Lyn got so you could at least rotate the bracelets around and get more poses out of her.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love her, have waited YEARS for her and want her NOW!

I'm kind of surprised at the negative comments in the review. Spinnerella's pretty amazing and they made her MUCH better than I anticipated. Look at all the sculpted DETAIL on her guantlets and belt. She comes with hair display options! She's so gorgeous, doesn't lack accessories, her production figure is nearly identical to the prototype, etc.

I'm SO thankful they fixed the hair. The first sample was missing a huge chunk out of the back. A+ for Mattel catching and fixing that mistake.

Her skirt/arm streamers should have been separate all the way to the top instead of stopping in random places, but she's still amazing! Her sword from the cardback would have also made a lot more sense than the Goddess' spear repainted... We need another weapon pack for that, the missing PoP shields, Netossa's mask, Starla's backpack, Tallstar's pants and Jewelstar's rock form.

Picture request: Spinnerella on Swiftwind. Is this possible? It's what I've been wondering since before she was revealed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Great Review as always from PD!

Maybe PD just got a bad copy. The blotches on her tassels, and now her unfortunate face. What happened?! She doesn't look as pretty as we saw before. Her face looks a bit elongated, and not as beautiful...almost plain like Glimmer's.

I like her a lot.
    I am debating on just cutting the ribbons off of her bracers.
    IDK...just have to see how I feel about it when she gets here.

I really like her face sculpt. She's very girlie. The girliest so far. Maybe Perfuma will beat her on that front.

I was very excited when I first saw her proto, because I thought the overs-sized silver gauntlets would be removable w/ the ribbons. I just assumed why wouldn't they make nice silver clip on gauntlets w/ tassels to go over vintage colored (or Filmation) colored plain gauntlets. It would of been perfect. Also Matty/Scott kept saying every arm/skirt ribbons was painted on all sides like a figure having "10 capes' hence the larger price tag. Isn't it clear that the blue parts of the skirt's & arm tassels are molded blue plastic & only the lavender color is painted? I always thought that to be the case. I still thik she looks beautiful, but for $5 extra, clip on removable gauntlets w/ the plastic tassels would of been GREAT! I don't agree w/ Dan that because they don't use soft goods this way the only way to go......removable clip on gauntlets would of been fantastic IMHO!

Still a beautiful figure, but I wish that the gauntlets weren't so Reubenized, IF he is the one that decided that....then again it was part of the 4 Horseman prototype so......not sure who is to blame. Still like her a lot, but she should not cost a cent over $25 for subscribers to Club Etheria. Not a single cent!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I donīt hear disappointment, i hear that his voice sounds a bit cranky maybe he has a sore throat and i wouldnīt wonder with all that videos he made lately
    In his Gwildor review he sounded kinda stuffy. Maybe Dan's feeling under the weather? It is flu season. I think he's just tired. I personally didn't hear disappointment.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Heroic Warrior

I STRONGLY feel that the extra $5.00 was fixed NOT because of the paint apps, its because of the rarity of her vintage figure ! The marketing strategy is "everybody who is missing 'a' Spinnerella in their collection will buy one............ even if she is $5.00 extra" !!
    I STRONGLY FEEL you are incorrect. They are attempting to make money where they can---but the rarity of the original doesn't come in to play.

Those are a lot of major flaws for a "deluxe" figure.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    I STRONGLY FEEL you are incorrect.............
    That's your opinion ! But you can't change mine !!

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    They are attempting to make money where they can
    That "attempt" is because "the rarity of the original DOES come in to play".

Alright, the good... beautiful face sculpt, nice coloring.
    The bad... the plastic "ribbons", the chunky guantlets, the weak bio, and no mention of netossa anywhere nor is she on the back of her card,
    the ugly... charging more for Spinerella, when there are other figures who have more paint apps and more details then her who cost 25-27, plus her weak ass accessory, and just why make her so rigid? I just wanted less from her while wanting more if that makes sense.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Great review, buit this figure seems to have a lot of issues.
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Two options would have worked better.

(01) Make the arm tassels an exception and do them in cloth, in my opinion would be the way to go.

(02) giving her bracers two articulation points (like BG Evil Lynn) would have at least doubled the poseability, if you must have plastic bracers.

Some of my favorite characters were ruined by Rueben (Flogg, NA Skeletor and Rio), so I can't get too mad about a figure I have no memories of, but I do certainly feel for those who are greatly disappointed by this figure. All of Scott and the Horsemen's hard work and love, just spit on by someone who literally didn't care at all. The single weak link that severely destroyed the quality of what would otherwise be one of the single greatest action figure lines ever made. One little weak link.

Heroic Warrior Maestro Monstoid's Avatar
    I second that! The paint job should be well done and not flawed like what Pixel Dan's review sample is!

She ra Rocks! He-man Rules!

Check out my artwork at http://groups.msn.com/MaestroMonstoidMOTUArtwork/shoebox.msnw

I agree on the paint apps issue. I assume Dan just got a bad figure, but I've been noticing a slide in quality as far as neatness of the paint. Just about every figure I get nowadays has some level of sloppiness, it's jut a matter of if it's something acceptable/fixable, or not. Maybe it's getting worse, and if so, hopefully Mattel moves quickly to fix the problem.

This makes zero sense. There's more than figure in MOTUC that was "rare" in the vintage line, but those figures didn't have price premiums. The only basic figures that are more expensive than normal are the ones that have extra paint/tooling/accessories (Gwildor, Ram Man, Etheria Invasion Hordak, etc.). Besides, it's only a small small percentage of fans that even knows that Spineralla was a rare figure, or even cares. Not a smart marketing plan even if it was true (especially since most of the figures are already sold via subs).

Of course it costs extra to paint all of those tassles, we've been over this before on other figures that each individual section is a separate paint app (like the scales on Rattlor). The factories in China will nickel and dime you on every little thing. They wouldn't spit on you for free if you were on fire. I'm more than happy for them to charge extra for figures who need it, much better than getting stuff like unpainted swords with Blade.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Really wish it looked more like the vintage figure and that she had a spinning stand.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm ususally not a fan of soft good, but in this case I think it would've been a better idea, given the tassles. She still looks great, just not a fan of gravity defying clothing.

I may cut the ribbons off as well.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!