Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grayskull standart and Skeletors symbol

Grayskull standart and Skeletors symbol

One thing I noticed with the grayskull standart is that they had flags representing a bunch of different factions (King grayskull, king randor and the masters of the universe, the horde and the snake men. So we are missing the great rebellion, galactic protectors, space mutants, and the evil warriors. So what would the universally symbol be for each one of these factions. I think for the evil warriors it would have to be either

or

The great Rebellion could be

and

and the rest, im not really sure. Any ideas?

The bat symbol on Skeletors chests are to similar to the Horde symbol so I wouldn't want that as the evil warrior logo. I don't actually need a logo for them to be honest.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    The crossed bones have been used as a standard in a couple of places--Skeletor's sword in "The Dragon's Gift" (Filmation cartoon), and the banner flying over the captured Castle Grayskull in the comic adaptation of the Motion Picture.

For the Galactic Guardians, I like the three suns of the Tri-Solar System. For the Mutants, either Nordor or some sort of creepy biological organism similar to the Mothership's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    The crossed bones have been used as a standard in a couple of places--Skeletor's sword in "The Dragon's Gift" (Filmation cartoon), and the banner flying over the captured Castle Grayskull in the comic adaptation of the Motion Picture.

For the Galactic Guardians, I like the three suns of the Tri-Solar System. For the Mutants, either Nordor or some sort of creepy biological organism similar to the Mothership's design.
    Awesome ideas Matt. I'll try and find some images. Thanks for your input

Great ideas indeed!

I gotta be honest here. I asked myself the very same question while designing the standart and did not come to a satisfying solution, so I didnīt design flags for the other factions. I didnīt want to go with the crossed bones for Skeli, as I thought them to be too specific for Skeletor himself, not for his "gang".
    The first POP-picture isnīt showing, so I donīt know which symbol that would be. The other one on the Angella pic is too small/sketchy to make out.
    What I really like is the idea of the tri-solar system. I guess Iīll start working on a nice logo for the galactic protectors.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions - keep īem coming!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

This issue has been on my mind for a long time. MOTU has always been a bit weak and messy with faction logos or flags, which I think weakens the brand overall. Just look at some other properties from the same era, like Transformers and G.I. Joe - the Autobots, Decepticons, Cobra, and the Joe team all have iconic logos that are instantly recognizable. The only faction in MOTU that even comes close is the Horde. It would be so much easier/cooler for merchandising and marketing purposes if the other factions had such iconic symbols, but it's problematic coming to an agreement on which ones to use.

For the Heroic Warriors, you could use He-Man's iron cross, but unfortunately that's not a unique symbol since it's associated more with West Coast Choppers, and much more importantly, the German military. I guess the only other logical symbol you could use would be He-Man's "H/eagle symbol". Or maybe a stylized face of Castle Greyskull?

For the Evil Warriors, I think Skeletor's crossbones make the most sense. I love the bat symbol on his Battle Armour, but I agree that it's too close to the Horde symbol.

Unfortunately, for the Snake Men, The Great Rebellion, The Galactic Protectors, and the Space Mutants I have absolutely no clue as to what symbols could represent any of them. We need to come up with ideas and settle on final designs because this is years overdue!

It could also be fun to think of unique symbols for all the independent villains too, as well as some of the different cultures and races of the various planets.

Widget
    I think the bat from the regular armor would be a perfect standard for Skeletor. He was part of the Horde and left to create Horde 2.0. An altered Horde symbol makes sense to me.

I also think the purple and burgundy bat from Skeletor's battle armor is perfect for his crew. Deimos did a great job of incorporating it into his normal leg armor in his artwork. It just fits. He-man and his cohorts should keep the crest from the original Dragon Walker for their sigil. The Snakemen have theirs plastered all over their armor as do the Horde. New Adventures stuff is a whole other problem......
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This issue has been on my mind for a long time. MOTU has always been a bit weak and messy with faction logos or flags, which I think weakens the brand overall. Just look at some other properties from the same era, like Transformers and G.I. Joe - the Autobots, Decepticons, Cobra, and the Joe team all have iconic logos that are instantly recognizable. The only faction in MOTU that even comes close is the Horde. It would be so much easier/cooler for merchandising and marketing purposes if the other factions had such iconic symbols, but it's problematic coming to an agreement on which ones to use.

For the Heroic Warriors, you could use He-Man's iron cross, but unfortunately that's not a unique symbol since it's associated more with West Coast Choppers, and much more importantly, the German military. I guess the only other logical symbol you could use would be He-Man's "H/eagle symbol". Or maybe a stylized face of Castle Greyskull?

For the Evil Warriors, I think Skeletor's crossbones make the most sense. I love the bat symbol on his Battle Armour, but I agree that it's too close to the Horde symbol.

Unfortunately, for the Snake Men, The Great Rebellion, The Galactic Protectors, and the Space Mutants I have absolutely no clue as to what symbols could represent any of them. We need to come up with ideas and settle on final designs because this is years overdue!

It could also be fun to think of unique symbols for all the independent villains too, as well as some of the different cultures and races of the various planets.
    The snakmens is there, Its on most of them here is what it looks like

I love the bat symbol of skeletor's battle armour. However why not the skull face on the warrior's ring that Tri-Clops comes with? I seem to remember some cool skeletor evil warriors desktops utilizing that back in the day of the .Org.

Pop should just be that gold thing on she-ra. Heck, it even evokes the Crystal Castle in Filmation She-Ra. I dont particularly like that symbol, but I've seen it used often enough as just this.

As mentioned, snake men have a symbol that is often featured. No question there.

I like the idea of the basic Galactic Protectors sticker on the MOTUC packages, but remove the words and instead have 3 circles on the triangle. LIke a military badge, calling back to both the package art and also as suggested the Tri Solar System.

Space mutants? I got nothing.

Would you all be happy with this one here for Skeletor?

Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    The bat symbol on Skeletors chests are to similar to the Horde symbol so I wouldn't want that as the evil warrior logo. I don't actually need a logo for them to be honest.
    Agreed.

The Evil Warriors IMO don't need a faction symbol. They aren't an "army" like the Horde so they don't need it.

And howīs this for the tri-solar systemīs Galactic Protectors?

Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Would you all be happy with this one here for Skeletor?

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8156/7gkp.jpg
    It's a bit busy, I think. I'd go with just one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/1074/prjt.jpg
    That one is fantastic! Perfect!!

Now we just need something for the Space Mutants. Also, we haven't agreed on the Heroic Warriors - would they use He-Man's iron cross or his H symbol? What about the stylized Greyskull from Tri-Klops's ring (I know he's evil but as the defenders of Greyskull it would make more sense to be the symbol of the Heroic Warriors)? Or is there another symbol they could use? Is there a flag of Eternos or a standard of Randor?

he-ro_6.jpg
    what about the symbol from He-ro's cape and headstone?

I donīt see the Defenders as a separate faction, but rather King Randors "special forces", if you will.
    So they would march under Randors banner. Which already came with the Standard.
    Positivity, folks!

I donīt see the Defenders as a separate faction, but rather King Randors "special forces", if you will.
    So they would march under Randors banner. Which already came with the Standard.
    But the defenders of Greyskull (Heroic Warriors) were around before Randor and will continue to be after him. They should use a permanent symbol that outlasts the reign of any one king.

What about a stylized version of the head of the Havoc Staff for the Evil Warriors?

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/1074/prjt.jpg
    this is pretty close to what I was thinking. Except the gold circles on the red triangle thing with the purple rectangle behind the red thing, so it looks like a military badge.

So the purple thing shall go behind the red "arrow"?

I will give it another shot. Some fans already suggested the havoc staff as a symbol for Skeletor. I will try.

In the meantime:

Although the Horde banner was a favorite in the first set of banners, I decided to make yet another one for the Horde:

Together with TINs awesome custom heads, this will be the perfect addition for a Horde invasion right after the twins birthday.
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Agreed.

The Evil Warriors IMO don't need a faction symbol. They aren't an "army" like the Horde so they don't need it.
    Exactly. The Snake Men and Horde are armies so having a logo suits them but I like Skeletors forces being kind of a rag tag group of criminals, mercs and misfits rather than a rank and file, uniformed army.

So the purple thing shall go behind the red "arrow"?

I will give it another shot. Some fans already suggested the havoc staff as a symbol for Skeletor. I will try.

In the meantime:

Although the Horde banner was a favorite in the first set of banners, I decided to make yet another one for the Horde:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1372/0p60.jpg

Together with TINs awesome custom heads, this will be the perfect addition for a Horde invasion right after the twins birthday.
    I would REALLY rather have the correct Horde logo with Hordak's full face on it in detail. The more detailed the symbol, the better it will look on a flag.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

You mean like this?

That one already came with the original release of Grayskullīs Standard. I wanted to add another option for all of you wanting to display a Horde Trooper with Hordak head, accompanied by Horde Troopers with TINs marvellous headsculpts:

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/10/first-l...edium=facebook
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I love the bat symbol of skeletor's battle armour. However why not the skull face on the warrior's ring that Tri-Clops comes with? I seem to remember some cool skeletor evil warriors desktops utilizing that back in the day of the .Org.

Pop should just be that gold thing on she-ra. Heck, it even evokes the Crystal Castle in Filmation She-Ra. I dont particularly like that symbol, but I've seen it used often enough as just this.

As mentioned, snake men have a symbol that is often featured. No question there.

I like the idea of the basic Galactic Protectors sticker on the MOTUC packages, but remove the words and instead have 3 circles on the triangle. LIke a military badge, calling back to both the package art and also as suggested the Tri Solar System.

Space mutants? I got nothing.
    I feel like the the He-ro skull face and warrior ring is the symbol of the Cosmic Warriors. I like it but i just dont feel like it should represent an entire faction because it really has no roots to any of the factions.

For POP, the shera symbol could work, but I dont think really represents the Great rebellion. I think the great Rebellion is best represented by Brightmoon, so maybe a pic of Brightmoon Castle. Gotta still do some more research into it.

I Really think we got one for the Galactic Protectors. Love it.

Space Mutants... again more research

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Agreed.

Totally disagree, they all work for Skeletor, and are somewhat terrified of him, but they work as a cohesive unit. I totally feel they need a flag.

Quote Originally Posted by guardianmonkey View Post
    he-ro_6.jpg
    what about the symbol from He-ro's cape and headstone?
    again I feel like the the He-ro skull face and warrior ring is the symbol of the Cosmic Warriors. I like it but i just dont feel like it should represent an entire faction because it really has no roots to any of the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    But the defenders of Greyskull (Heroic Warriors) were around before Randor and will continue to be after him. They should use a permanent symbol that outlasts the reign of any one king.
    But that symbol represents the king of eternia, which they are defending and will continue to defend, and although king grayskulls symbol differs from the kings of eternia, it should since he was the first.
    You mean like this?

http://imageshack.us/a/img822/7020/07nx.jpg

That one already came with the original release of Grayskullīs Standard. I wanted to add another option for all of you wanting to display a Horde Trooper with Hordak head, accompanied by Horde Troopers with TINs marvellous headsculpts:

http://i1.wp.com/thefwoosh.com/wp-co...size=473%2C310
    http://thefwoosh.com/2013/10/first-l...edium=facebook
    I think one is enough for the horde

- - - Updated - - -

found this one for the Great Rebellion, its the flag that came with the POP Crystal Castle,not sure what the symbol has to do with anything but just figured i would throw it out there.

Every once in a while Skeletor assembles an army. A real army, not just mercernaries. Just think about the 1987 movie. So I agree that he needs a flag.

I donīt think there is really a symbol that represents the Defenders. In basically every incarnation of MOTU they are always loyal to the king. Whoever that is - or we know of. With each new king comes a new banner. The Defenders arenīt an army. They are propably the only faction of MOTU this can be said about. See above, even Skeletor has armies from time to time. The only army the Defenders ever ally with is the kings army. And therefore they march under the kings banner.

Facet: That circle? Thatīs toy She-Ras chest symbol.
    Positivity, folks!