Thread: To Mattel Design - Support Peekablue & Perfuma To Have Their Boot-Cut Articulation !

To Mattel Design - Support Peekablue & Perfuma To Have Their Boot-Cut Articulation !

Well, it slowly began with Starla & now, its has become a soring tradition of MOTUC POP female figures ! Missing Their Boot-Cut Articulation !!

I know its too late to make Blast Attak come apart, but as far as Peekablue & Perfuma are concerned, the ship has NOT sailed away ! They are guaranteed in 2nd half of 2015, so we have the advantage of voicing this issue early to Mattel design (or 4HM like Scott used to say in the past). I hope 4HM or Brandon sees this thread, so that they can have their mercy on Perfuma & Peekablue ! I am not even a dedicated POP fan, but I want them to have their Boot-Cut articulation.

Come On Mattel................ These Two Are The FINAL POP Female Figures From The Vintage Line, So DO THEM RIGHT ! GIVE THEM WHAT THEY TRULY DESERVE !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

There is no reason they shouldn't. Peekablue might not, because her boots are already tooled (see Netossa), but Perfuma could have a boot cut (if they give her boots)

She also really needs to be scented like Moss man and Stinkor were.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I think it might be the horsemen you need to speak to about this, at least in the first instance. Looking at the prototypes, it looks like the boots and legs are sculpted as one piece.

I would love to see the return of the boot cut articulation since it seems we lost the rocker ankles as well. Double Mischief has the flat heels but Sweet Bee who comes with the same boots hasn´t. The pin on her ankle is hidden now but i´rather have that pin no rocker ankles.

And i really miss the boot cut articulation it really helps.

You have my support!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I congratulate the OP on this thread and support him in the quest for the boot cut.

It is depressing to read threads where fans are effectively told to accept what we get from Mattel. It is disheartening to read posts where people who never enjoyed a certain vintage figure feel it is cool to criticise, talk down and generally make it seem those of us who ask something more from Mattel - to re-create what we enjoyed with a figure as a kid - that we are being unreasonable or greedy or selfish.

So I support you in this thread full heartedly. Mattel could make the boot cut you have requested - and they should! If they are not currently planning it, they should go back and have another think.

Just as they should Blast Attak!

Heroic Warrior
    The return of boot cut articulation for Peekablue and Perfuma would be great.

As would the return of skirt splits for both Peekablue and Perfuma. Especially if Perfuma has the extra long skirt from the Filmation design.

And the return of rocker ankles after they made a welcome re-appearance for Double Trouble but mysteriously vanished for Sweet Bee.

As the final two PoP characters, it would also be great to see some bonus accessories thrown in like Netossa's mask, She-Ra's Filmation "sword to shield" and She-Ra's toy-design sword/dagger.

I'm more upset by the gradual loss of ankle rockers. That really hinders posability of the figures.

Heroic Warrior
    If they give Perfuma boots, that may be difficult, given the detailing at the top of the boot appears apart from the boots itself. But agreed: Why did they ever stop this practice? Women from the PoP line could have had a universal lower leg and issues like what arose with Glimmer having longer lower legs could have been avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Peekablue might not, because her boots are already tooled (see Netossa),
    IIRC, BG Evil-Lyn's articulated wrists/bracers were not newly tooled. The actual mould was modified for giving this articulation. I think this was confirmed by Scott when BG version was heavily criticised at the time for not being an authentic 200X variant ! So I wonder why they can't modify Netossa's legs for this. Even if they can't, they just have to re sculpt/retool new shins (I am only talking about legs here) for Peekablue, as the standard female legs are already available !

If someone who can contact 4HM or Mattel Design (Brandon) & have a word about this, I believe this is possible !
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior
    IIRC, BG Evil-Lyn's articulated wrists/bracers were not newly tooled. The actual mould was modified for giving this articulation. I think this was confirmed by Scott when BG version was heavily criticised at the time for not being an authentic 200X variant ! So I wonder why they can't modify Netossa's legs for this. Even if they can't, they just have to re sculpt/retool new shins (I am only talking about legs here) for Peekablue, as the standard female legs are already available !

If someone who can contact 4HM or Mattel Design (Brandon) & have a word about this, I believe this is possible !
    They can't because they cost out all parts a year in advance. If they were on notice about this in 2012/2013 OK. And were they? Yes. But it wasn't repeated ad nauseum the way the ankles and leotards were. Peekablue will have the number of new parts already told to the Horsemen and they would have sculpted them by now.

It's a nice thought, but don't look for new boots for Peekablue. Just my opinion given the history of Mattel. I would love to be wrong.

There is no reason they shouldn't. Peekablue might not, because her boots are already tooled (see Netossa), but Perfuma could have a boot cut (if they give her boots)

A scented Perfuma would be cool!
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Got my support. Those last few Ladies need boot cut, rockers and tight joints. And hopefully they will loose the long crotch tooling. It makes Glimmer, Sorceress and a few others look too tall and just really off.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Imagine if she was scented like Stinkor...I mean she has the ability to replicate all flower scents. There is the corpse flower and skunk cabbage so it's not too far out of the realm of possibility for Perfuma to reproduce those smells. Of course, it wouldn't make her too popular with the other members of the Great Rebellion.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Agreed! My vintage Perfuma has lost most of her scent, but I'll never forget what she smelled like when I opened the package as a child.
    "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

I wholeheartedly agree. Perfuma should be scented. Glimmer got the shaft with glow in the dark
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Perfuma should be scented. Glimmer got the shaft with glow in the dark
    AGREE 100% !!!!!!! Chase King Grayskull is going to be all GITD, but Glimmer didn't get the staff cast in GITD plastic & have GITD paint on her crown? I thought the GITD features for a MOTUC Glimmer was a given, but alas I was wrong? But my biggest Gripe about Glimmer is we got a variant of Glimmer as our only release.....Scott figuring he'd never get to NA Hoove or his variant "TOO TALL HOOVE" must have gotten the "keen" idea to experiment therefore resulting in an unfortunate (IMHO) TOO-TALL GLIMMER figure. Pretty Cool HUH? Just kidding! BUT, I literally can't UNSEE her awkward height in relation to other characters....especially since she's supposed to still be a teenager. Argh! The POP figures do get less attention to detail than the MOTU characters do in my opinion.

Oh back OT - I remember my lil sister's PERFUMA's scent, well she was Scentsational! I hope they give MOTUC Perfuma the scented treatment, but not too strong if they go w/ the Rose scent. I remember it being flowery, but not that super strong Rose scent some vintage dolly's had! That smelled like a French ***** House, as my Mother would so eloquently put it!
    Last edited by invisibleboy; November 4, 2014 at 04:30pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

I can get behind this. There's no real excuse for the female figures to constantly lose articulation points, especially when the female figures generally need moderate new tooling. It's especially galling since they tooled a calf piece from the start when Teela was created, and all they have to do is sculpt the new boots to fit that calf. For a line that's all about tool re-use, they sure don't like to use existing parts.

The only caveat though, is if they make Perfuma more Filmation than Vintage Toy, she'll have slippers, not boots. Which in that case - rocker joints, please.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

IT would be awesome, but I don't expect Mattel to do it. "Logistics", "Parts reuse is nostalgic" or whatever explanation they'll give. It sucks that many POP ladies are losing that PoA, but we're "too late", since these are planned in advance over a year. I WISH we could have it, but I'm not holding my breath. and Heck yeah! on Perfuma being scented!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

This ----^ So much and so hard.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'm totally behind the boot cut articulation and the scent. I never had Perfuma as a kid, so I have no idea what she smelled like. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'm more upset by the gradual loss of ankle rockers. That really hinders posability of the figures.
    I agree, the missing rockers are really frustrating.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Actually, I would push for more of the ankle rockers before boot cut...we get a lot more out of the ankles moving side to side than the boot spinning...don't get me wrong...BOTH are ideal...but the ankle, if possible should be the higher priority...

All this for nothing, as TG said after he left...the line is so far ahead...it is pretty much done...they are most likey sculpted or already in early design stage.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

If anything I'm hoping she is scented. It really adds something to the figure.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!