Thread: MOTUC backgrounds or diorama kits

MOTUC backgrounds or diorama kits

I saw today images of some NECA products for Aliens and Predator (thrones and all sort of equipment), and thought occurred to me that there certainly would be room for MOTUC diorama pieces. I know people say Snake Mountain should come with Skeletor's throne, but I am equally sure people would buy throne separately. Or what about just the rocky background or base, a bit like the stands but taking it a bit further and making it sure figures can actually stand on it.

Any thoughts, or does the third party cover this area for you already? Or perhaps you create your backdrops yourself rather?

Heroic Warrior
    I would like that. Say, Skeletor's throne, the table with the big crystal half-sphere in it and a model of castle Grayskull, plus a painted Snake Mountain throne room background on cardboard would be a set I would buy, for example. If I have to, I would by all that separately, too.

Other things, too. Let's say, a Crystal Castle interior. Or Eternos Castle throne room. Evergreen Forest.

I'd be all over this. Also, something along the lines of the posters we got through the sub, but they could have different backdrops on them, like Grayskull, Fright Zone, themed dramatic vistas, you get the idea.

The Grayskull stands could've been so cool, but missed the mark by the figures not being able to stand on that awful peg system they had. Definitely themed bases that could interlock would be great. Also, as I see with a lot of the anime toys like Dragonball etc, some energy effects would be really cool, and would look great for anyone wanting to set up battle scenes, dioramas etc. I know we had some similar items with Thunderpunch He'Man etc ,but I'm thinking more energy blasts and area of effect type stuff.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

I would like some background kits for sure, even if they were just cardboard printed with images of the cartoon sceneries. even better if they were made to fit the dimensions of the Ikea Detolf cases!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I would like some background kits for sure, even if they were just cardboard printed with images of the cartoon sceneries. even better if they were made to fit the dimensions of the Ikea Detolf cases!
    This /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

(I've thought about doing this myself, especially now they do the lighting fixtures that can change colors etc)
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Unapologetic TEELA fan.
    Check out some of my resin toys! some cool stuff coming soon! http://lordchaoscreations.bigcartel.com/
    This one goes up to 11... When Cannons Fade

This is a great idea. I've looked into building dioramas, but dont think i have the time or skill to be happy with what i would produce. And the figures are too cool to just Be standing on shelves -- They need some environment or ambiance.

I assume there would be a pretty decent demand for these. I wonder if it is something super 7 would consider? Not playsets, but "display sets."

Yeah, I love when I see pictures of the figures with dioramas some people have made, but I am just not talented in that area, and wouldn't even know where to start.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post

Toy Stages do some nice MOTU backdrops.

https://toyhax.com/75-toy-stages

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post

Thanks, had no idea these were out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post

Cool, thank you!

If your in need of something ASAP, you could always hit up the toyhax website and snag some of their flat image MOTU backdrop displays, and floor sections they have for sale. I used some of these in the past for Masterpiece Transformer displays. They are not too shabby in hand. I liked em. I am planning to rebuy some for my MOTUC figures as I recollect the line.

https://toyhax.com/43-stages-for-motu

They have 3 sections for each backdrop type that they currently have available. So you could cover alot of your display area behind your figures if you snagged all 3 of each type of set for a few large figure displays. Here is a few examples of some they have available as of today. I think they have a few other types available as well. Here is a few examples I had bookmarked still in my MOTUC folder....

Last edited by Replikor; January 19, 2018 at 10:28pm.

Wow, very cool. I really like the Eternos and outdoor versions! Thanks for posting.
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

- - - Updated - - -

Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Where did you get the throne and the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Where did you get the throne and the table?
    Ebay seller from Canada who custom cast them. I purchased them several years back

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Ebay seller from Canada who custom cast them. I purchased them several years back
    I just bought his Skeletor throne, table and Hordak throne. They’re awesome!

I told him he should bring them to Power-Con, he’d sell a ton!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I just bought his Skeletor throne, table and Hordak throne. They’re awesome!

I told him he should bring them to Power-Con, he’d sell a ton!
    IKR