Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dial-a-mug in MOTUC

would love to see Dylamug down the road ... the sooner the better, he was very charismatic

I would love to see his character in the line Filmation style. He would be a totally new sculpt, not sharing any parts with all other figures. Maybe a good candidate for the SDCC 2012 exclusive.

I'd like to get him. My wife saw him on the cartoon for the first time the other night and said, "What the he#* is that?" It was pretty cute.

As an aside, I loved his voice.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Dylamug is so bizarre and different yet I feel he fits in well. I would totally pick this guy up if he was released. Changing face plates or spinning face parts controlled by a dial (that's his name after all) would be great! I'm a sucker for new Horde members. I don't usually say this but Filmation version is better.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    This one should definitely come further down the line. For some reason or other, he used to freak me out as a kid...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

He does look pretty neat and I'm sure the horsemen could make him look great, though he probably won't have any part sharing I can see. I think I'd rather have a few other completely new tooled characters before him. I'd say he's about 1/2 up my 'would like to have' list and id definitely one of the filmation characters I would like to see get a figure.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Im worried that he might not get a figure because he he is a 100 percent new sculpt, with no reuseable parts. I still feel he is an important part of the horde and standout character in Filmation. I want this character see the light of day.

Only if it's the Filmation version, because it has that old school 60's robot feel.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

It would be awesome if he was sculpted and painted to look like the Filmation Dylamug, but has the 3-tiered, spinning face dials like the concept art. It would be so incredibly neat if he had 3 different sets of eyes, noses, and mouths that you could rotate each dial through and make a variety of facial expressions with.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Pass on this. I'd rather Classics figures of characters that had figures first.
    Me, too. Besides, I always disliked Dylamug. To me, this character was and still is ridiculous and boring.

Def Must have

Yes please! Dylamug is another Horde character that expands their ranks. This is the most powerful intergalactic army in the universe, so they need lots of characters (not just lots of Troopers and a few bullies).

Bring on Dylamug- oh and while you're at it, let's have Vultak, Admiral Scurvy and the rest too!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Pass on this. I'd rather Classics figures of characters that had figures first.
    I feel exactly the opposite. I want figures of characters that I always wanted as a kid but never got. I wanted an Adora and Shadow Weaver more than anything and now those are realities. Dylamug isn't at the top of my list but I remember him very fondly from the cartoon and would LOVE to eventually get him in figure form. I do think it's too early for him to get a slot (especially considering we haven't gotten more "core" Horde members like Mantenna and Scorpia) but down the road I'd welcome him with open arms!
    Last edited by Swifty; October 22, 2011 at 10:27am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I would really like him. He did stand out as a "should have been" (and point of fact should a was).

I'd like to see him in this line. I dont even know if I would like him too much but he would fill out the Horde.

I support Dylamug and don't ask me why, but I want Dylamug and a Tavern Diorama like in the episode Duel at Devlan
    I want all Horde Troopers, the barmaid and the bard.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I like Dylamug but he need 110% new tooling, so i don't know if he's gonna make it There are too many new tooling-characters to be done, and he don't reuse a single finger from the figures already done.

Bring on Dylamug!! I really wanted this character made into a figure back in the day and recently someone here on the .org made a custom vintage Dylamug out of a Roboto figure. I would definitely prefer the Filmation version over the concept art one for the vintage line. He can be created using an existing buck with his giant face as a separate piece like Slush Head that attaches onto the buck front and back. Give him
    Trap Jaw shoulders
    Icarius biceps and arms
    new hands and feet
    Roboto legs
    A different face plate and bonus accessory - cherry whipped pie

I think he can be made into Classics without much new tooling. He can use the broader Leech buck with some alterations made to it. If we can get him in Classics I'd be more than thrilled!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    He could make a really good figure. I wonder if he's on Mattel's radar?
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    He could make a really good figure. I wonder if he's on Mattel's radar?
    I sure hope so! He does have a unique and creative design and had a lot of screen time in "The Secret of the Sword" movie. He would be great to have.

Edit: he wasn't in that movie but was prominent in a few episodes
    Last edited by Count Judas; July 11, 2012 at 02:10pm.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    reminds me of this guy.
    actually if dial-a-mug was like this guy I would be much happier & would buy in a second.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

No dylamug we dial a mob!!

With the Filmation sub greenlit for this year, now is the chance to have Dylamug in Classics! He'll expand the Horde ranks very well and it'll be great to see him sculpted by the awesome 4H!

A new way of creating him under budget if tooling is a huge issue:

He can use the trapjaw buck and have the trapjaw mechanical arms with new hands. Maybe icarius waist and new robotic legs which can be used for Multi Bot as well. Similiar to Slush Head, he can have his giant head go over the entire torso like an armor piece would. Give him two removeable face plates (one smiling, one angry) and trap jaws gun in silver (for Roboto as well) and he'll be done. This is just an example on how he can be made without being 100% newly tooled which may detract Mattel from greenlighting him. The trademark gives us hope he will be made!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for Dylamug! The Trap Jaw robot arms are an excellent idea! New torso overlay/armor as well. He'd need new legs and waist, though. And new hands. But he's entirely possible! I've got my everything crossed!

He's not a character that can share parts with anyone else. Why would you want to compromise his design? He needs to look the way he did in the show or not be made at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal:3207416
    He's not a character that can share parts with anyone else. Why would you want to compromise his design? He needs to look the way he did in the show or not be made at all.
    His new parts would be his full legs, hands, new head mold armor piece and a new waist. Mattel had made a sketch of what his action figure would look like and in the tradition of Classics, they can blend in elements from other parts like Trap Jaw's mechanical arms which will not compromise his look but make him "fit" in with the line.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'd be all for Dylamug, especially now that we have a dedicated Filmation sub!