Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DYLAMUG (Dial-a-mug) in MOTUC

Does anyone know/remember what his 3rd appearance was? I know he was in the 1st episode "The duel at Devlin" & the episode where Shadow Weaver steals Orko's shadow. He is also in a 3rd episode where he's just reused animation as part of a convoy (hey it still counts ). The problem is it's just a few seconds & well, I seem to remember alot of convoys.

Still hoping for this guy badly. Gonna make comedy/tragedy dvd bookends out of 2 of him. Also as others have said he brings a unique size & shape to the line.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I don't remember which episode it was exactly, but from my recollection it did cast him as buffoon-ish as the other Horde Troopers were sometimes portrayed as. It was unfortunate, because the Duel at Devlin episode portrayed him much differently. But such was the Filmation series, on minute a foe could be semi-menacing, the next a complete fool.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

YES...IF the 4H can actually make this guy BAD@SS.. cant say i care much for the toon design... id like to see this character re-envisioned..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Does anyone know/remember what his 3rd appearance was? I know he was in the 1st episode "The duel at Devlin" & the episode where Shadow Weaver steals Orko's shadow. He is also in a 3rd episode where he's just reused animation as part of a convoy (hey it still counts ). The problem is it's just a few seconds & well, I seem to remember alot of convoys.

Still hoping for this guy badly. Gonna make comedy/tragedy dvd bookends out of 2 of him. Also as others have said he brings a unique size & shape to the line.
    The third episode was the Inspector.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    The third episode was the Inspector.
    Thank you!!! I can quit searching random episodes now!
    As a huge Dylamug & Inspector Darkney fan, I feel ashamed, terribly ashamed that that nugget of info wasn't filled under "important useless knowledge"...it is now.

@ wayneepoo- yeah I love his character in 'Devlin'...then he's a goofball. LOL oh well, thats why I like Filmation I guess.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

In case Dylamug doesn't make the cut for 2015 and seeing that perhaps 2016 will be used mainly for lesser tooled figures, I believe a great way to have him in that year is as a Build-a-Figure, new incentive for the rebranded line!

Offer 6 new characters from 6 media forms (concept, 200x, Filmation, vintage mini-comic, current mini-comic & NA) each with a BaF piece separate to each figure's own tooling budget.

Could be monthly for 6 months or bi-monthly figures

NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

EVIL TRENTONIAN
    I am not usually a completist, but I love me some Horde. Bring on DYLAMUG

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I hope he is in the 2015 lineup
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I really want this guy - he's unique and creepy looking as hell. The fact that Mattel trademarked his name gives me hope, so we'll see.

By the way, could someone change the thread title to his correct name spelling, DYLAMUG? It bugs the crap out of me every time I see it wrong.

I didn't know about this guy until I watched Secret of the Sword, and I really hope we get him in MOTUC. He's too weird and awesome to pass up.
    "Peanut nostrils, happy clams."
    -Michael J. Nelson

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    In case Dylamug doesn't make the cut for 2015 and seeing that perhaps 2016 will be used mainly for lesser tooled figures, I believe a great way to have him in that year is as a Build-a-Figure, new incentive for the rebranded line!

Offer 6 new characters from 6 media forms (concept, 200x, Filmation, vintage mini-comic, current mini-comic & NA) each with a BaF piece separate to each figure's own tooling budget.

Could be monthly for 6 months or bi-monthly figures

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/...psgk3ynwdy.jpg
    I like the idea of this figure being made as a BaF—it's probably the MotU character most fit for it. However, I think this would be a good incentive for a second Filmation minisub, rather than an "unfocussed" mixed-media offering. Dylamug is a prominent Filmation character, but one that may not necessarily have general appeal for everyone else. Offer his build-a-figure as a sub-exclusive polybagged monthly bonus to subscribers of a second Filmation minisub, along with a carefully selected sub-exclusive and roster (from among characters like Lord Masque, General Tataran, Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, Kittrina, Granita, Dree-Elle & Montork, Admiral Scurvy, Garth, Zilora...) and I think such a sub could have a chance of meeting the minimum quota for happening.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    By the way, could someone change the thread title to his correct name spelling, DYLAMUG? It bugs the crap out of me every time I see it wrong.
    Done and done.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Its such a cool guy, and shamefully not fully exploited in the filmation series. Playground productions need to re-introduce this creepy character in the motu's mythology
    I've always imagined him as sort of tough boss for the horde troopers involved in the battles aganinst the rebellion ( I remember him clearly in SOTS)

I support the horde , I'll buy everything horde-related so I guess, yes, I'm expecting him to pop up in the motuc line very soon and welcoming in my collection
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    Whats next ?

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I like the idea of this figure being made as a BaF—it's probably the MotU character most fit for it. However, I think this would be a good incentive for a second Filmation minisub, rather than an "unfocussed" mixed-media offering. Dylamug is a prominent Filmation character, but one that may not necessarily have general appeal for everyone else. Offer his build-a-figure as a sub-exclusive polybagged monthly bonus to subscribers of a second Filmation minisub, along with a carefully selected sub-exclusive and roster (from among characters like Lord Masque, General Tataran, Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, Kittrina, Granita, Dree-Elle & Montork, Admiral Scurvy, Garth, Zilora...) and I think such a sub could have a chance of meeting the minimum quota for happening.
    I'd love another Filmation sub (with more PoP/Horde) and I hope we do get one. As long as we all get Dylamug in this line somehow I'm all for it.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!