Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Han Solo Star Wars movie thread

Han Solo Star Wars movie thread

It looks like young Han Solo has been cast:
    http://deadline.com/2016/05/star-war...st-1201737425/

Huh. The guy was good enough in "Hail, Caesar" but I'm not sure he was who I would've picked from the potentials.

I think this movie has a lot going in its favor, but a new Han Solo means a lot of expectations. I hope it can deliver...

He definitely looks enough like a young Ford.

I like the idea as the Solo character has plenty of backstory to fill up a movie, but I don't like how it's getting pitched as "Young Han Solo." Harrison wasn't all that old when he did the role so it all seems a little weird. Not to mention, I don't think this guy looks like him at all. Perhaps it's just because we've seen too much Ford over the years.

Anyway, pulling off "Young Obi-Wan" although we essentially already got that with the Prequels seems to work more due to the age gap, but this one? More of a stretch in the looks department anyway.

You just simply aren't going to look night and day different from 20ish to 35 like they're trying to pull here.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I think a young Han Solo movie is just Disney raping the cow some more. But if they were going to chose someone to play a younger Harrison Ford, they should have picked Anthony Ingruber. He's already played a younger version of Ford in Age of Adaline. He's got Ford's mannerisms down pat.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

He’s 26. That’s actually quite a bit older than I thought they would go. I assume he’s going to be playing a twenty year old. I wonder if we'll see him and Chewie first cross paths? I assume Lando will feature somewhere, as well as Boba Fett.

I’m looking forward to Rogue One, but as for this one the only reason why I’m anticipating it is because of the directing team of Christopher Miller and Phil Lord. Everything they have done so far has been superb. I think this spin-off is a good fit for them and I can’t wait to see what they produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    He’s 26. That’s actually quite a bit older than I thought they would go. I assume he’s going to be playing a twenty year old. I wonder if we'll see him and Chewie first cross paths? I assume Lando will feature somewhere, as well as Boba Fett.

I’m looking forward to Rogue One, but as for this one the only reason why I’m anticipating it is because of the directing team of Christopher Miller and Phil Lord. Everything they have done so far has been superb. I think this spin-off is a good fit for them and I can’t wait to see what they produce.
    Well, the problem is and as mentioned there's just very little room to work with. When you're only 35 and hell let's face it, that was Harrison's REAL age at the time and could of easily passed for even less in the movie and you're trying to tell the story of the "younger" version you really need to go back to let's say 10-15 with a guy that looks so different and who wants to see that?

I'm assuming that the meat and potatoes of what went on in Solo's life like acquiring the Falcon, the encounter with Jabba and all of the other interesting stuff etc. all happened at 20+ or else it doesn't seem too plausible. It's all just too close and this guy is too old and different for that.

The other guy shown above looks much more the part and credible.

After the original directors had creative differences and left, Ron Howard is taking over as director.
    http://deadline.com/2017/06/ron-howa...or-1202118193/

Did any of you ever read the Han Solo trilogy books from the late 90's? I did when they came out and they were pretty good. They could easily make a really good movie based on that story line.

How in blazes is Anthony Ingruber NOT young HAN SOLO!??? My wife and I just stared wide eyed at each other when we saw him in Age of Adeline.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; June 23, 2017 at 01:45pm.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_wPdLxp4

How in blazes is Ingruber NOT young HAN SOLO!???
    Maybe he's not as good when reading new lines? He did a good impersonation of Ford in that movie Age of Adoline, but he's only in it for a minute or two, so I don't know how well he could carry a whole film.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Did any of you ever read the Han Solo trilogy books from the late 90's? I did when they came out and they were pretty good. They could easily make a really good movie based on that story line.
    No, but I met the author Anne Crispin and she was a lovely person. Sadly she passed away a few years ago, so I'll never know what she would have thought of this new endeavor. Probably it would have amused her because she had some funny stories. While she was writing it Lucas surprised the publishers by denying he'd ever said Han had met Chewbacca by saving his life. The publishers asked Anne to maybe "write around that" and she suggested it would read like this: "Han looked to his copilot chair and saw a large wookie sitting there. How this creature came to be there, Han could not recall!" So they had to nail down what Lucas had already said about how Han and Chewie met.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 23, 2017 at 01:51pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I actually think the change in directors is a good thing. I was always unsure about the choice in directors. As talented as they are, all their previous films have been animation and comedy, not the tone needed for SW or the experience in directing big budget sfx blockbusters IMO. Ron Howard is an excellent choice IMO and I think the movie will be better for it. I'm now looking forward to the film sooo much more than I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Yeah I read them in the 90's and remember not being able to put them down I enjoyed them so much.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

My bros first thought on Ron howard was madmartigan from willow

I'm still excited, maybe more so.

As to Han Solo books, the old Brian Daleys are, in my opinion, far more fun and better-written. Also, the Lando Trilogy is a blast to read!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Synopsis for the film released:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-synopsis/

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Synopsis for the film released:

http://www.slashfilm.com/solo-synopsis/
    Hmmmm... no Leia, no Luke, no Ben... well, you might say that he's in a "solo" movie! Huh? Huh??

Anybody?
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Grammer Flunky
    that's not a synopsis.
    that's a description for a 4 page childs adventures story book.

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    While the original SW film came out before I was born, and I was only a few months old when Empire came out (so I didn't see either of those theatrically during their original releases due to the laws of time and reality... apparently my mom did take me to see ROTJ in the theater in '83, though I don't remember that experience), I have otherwise seen all of the Star Wars films do date theatrically in some form or another. In the case of the Original Trilogy, it was mainly by way of the 1997 special edition releases.

And I will say that to some extent or another, I have enjoyed all of the films released so far since Disney bought Lucasfilm.

But given the stories about what a huge mess this production has been, and me having a really hard time (based on the images shown so far) of accepting this actor as a young Harrison Ford/Han Solo, this may be the first Star Wars movie that I skip seeing in the theater.

I may change my mind if the critic reviews in general are overwhelmingly positive, but I'm not holding my breath on that being the case.

Odds are I'll still see it at some point regardless on some form of home viewing, but I don't see myself supporting the box office on this one, barring some kind of small miracle.

no interest. just milking the same cow over and over and over and over and over ...

damn u disney
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Grammer Flunky
    wouldnt' the guy posting this be in major crap and have had to sign a non disclosure before seeing the film?

Heroic Warrior
    Seeing how it's a positive review:
    Maybe pre-emptive damage control?
    Maybe...

Grammer Flunky
    that was my first thought. i never saw this kids videos before, but it was posted elsewhere. so not sure on history.

I'm still excited to see it (for now at least). Ron Howard usually doesn't direct bad movies. I hope it feels like one of the older movies.

I do think Han Solo has some things going against it that might possibly make it one of the least profitable Star Wars movies.

1. Opening 5 months after the very divisive Last Jedi that got a lot of backlash.
    2. Crowded summer movie schedule. Deadpool 2 just leaped to the week before it.
    3. The rumors of the extensive number of reshoots and the main actor needing an acting coach.

Frankly I had a bad feeling about this film as soon as it was announced, I just didn't think the directors were suite to it, that they wouldn't capture the Star Wars tone and it would be too comedic. But I tried to stay optimistic about it due to Larry Kasdan being the writer.
    When Ron Howard was announced as the new director I couldn't be happier, all my concerns about the film disappeared and my excitement level shot thought the roof! I'm now looking forward to this film so much!

Theres several leaked pictures of lego sets out there with some very interesting planet names:

Kessel, Corellia, Mimban!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    But if they were going to chose someone to play a younger Harrison Ford, they should have picked Anthony Ingruber. He's already played a younger version of Ford in Age of Adaline. He's got Ford's mannerisms down pat.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/wp-c...ruber-Ford.png
    Hell yes he does. My wife was watching that movie and called me into the room to see the kid do his Harrison. I was impressed.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; May 12, 2018 at 11:37pm.