Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain America 3: Civil War

Captain America 3: Civil War

Robert Downey Jr. Joins The Cast Of CAPTAIN AMERICA 3; Movie Will Adapt CIVIL WAR

Robert Downey Jr. is on the verge of signing on to “Captain America 3,” a move that would bring the Civil War storyline from Marvel’s comicbooks to the bigscreen and trigger the start of a new phase of movies from Marvel Studios.

The actor is in final negotiations to play billionaire Tony Stark in the third installment, which is slated to begin production in the Spring for a May 6, 2016, release. Downey is already set to suit up as Iron Man for next year’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” and “The Avengers 3.”

The deal is significant for the Marvel cinematic universe considering the plot will pit Stark against Captain America’s alter-ego Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans, as they feud over the Superhero Registration Act, which forces anyone with superhuman abilities to reveal their identities to the U.S. government and agree to act as a police force for the authorities.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109212#dILM8J7sW5a02omf.99

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robert-downey-jr-to-join-captain-america-3-exclusive-1201312229/

OMG!!

Is this real???
    Last edited by Bonehead; October 13, 2014 at 10:40pm.

Whoa! I saw RDJ was signed on, but I managed to avoid the storyline spoiler. LOL. Don't feel bad, it's not like that would have stayed hidden. It's kind of crazy news. I just hope they write it better than the comics, where they made Stark WAY too unsympathetic.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    Wow. Just wow. I guess Marvel aren't planning on resting on their laurels when it comes to the Marvel live-action universe.

IF all the deals end up being made and IF this works out, I think it will be pretty amazing. It also indicates some pretty substantial changes coming in Avengers 2 and throughout the Marvel universe. After all, as it currently stands, a Superhuman Registration Act would be pretty pointless since the secret identity of all of The Avengers is publicly known. So, they would need to introduce and establish some "sympathetic" superheroes, just like Spider-man, so the audience can understand Captain America's POV.

Urrrrrrrgh

I HATED Civil War in the comics, it almost ruined marvel comics completely for me and if this is the way the movies are heading then I am probably done with them.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

So, what about Thanos?

I used to subscribe to like thirty titles for over a decade. Civil War made me stop reading all comics for seven years.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

I first find it interesting they say superhero abilities.

Also I personally didn't have a problem with the idea behind Civil War, it was how unlikeable Tony was during it. It's like they wanted him to be considered the villain.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    I hated the civil war story, I hope this is false information.

The heck with this, I want Baron Zemo and the return of the Red Skull (I call BS that Weaving is done, they're just not paying him enough). I'm already sick of Captain America fighting Americans.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

YAWN.

it might play out well but the idea does NOTHING for me. I really enjoyed Cap 2 but I don't think Cap 3 should be Cap 2 rehashed with superheroes instead of shield agents. that's the feeling I have going into it. by Cap 3 all wounds should be healed and a serious EVIL should rear it's head. Marvel doesn't seem to want to establish a strong rouges gallery for its cinematic universe. so far we ONLY HAVE LOKI as an establish villainous threat. Thanos is around be he hasn't DONE anything. I was happy that Cap 2 didn't kill off many 'name' villains but dammit, there are interesting villains in the damned universe, lets see some make a big splash!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

There are basically four ways to take the story right now
    1)Fallout from Hydra
    2)planned by Hydra
    3)Skrulls
    4)Tony's made into a feminine hygiene product for the sake of the story.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    There are basically four ways to take the story right now
    1)Fallout from Hydra
    2)planned by Hydra
    3)Skrulls
    4)Tony's made into a feminine hygiene product for the sake of the story.
    1 and 2 is basically Cap 2 and current Agents of Shield, but with more superheroes. that's why it doesn't interest me. I don't like the skrulls (I feel shape shifting doppelganger story lines generally are cop outs), and 4 sounds interesting... if taken literally.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I loved the Civil War storyline and love sseeing hero fight hero. I do feel it's a bit too early though for this storyline as there aren't too many heroes around to make it a real "war".
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    After all, as it currently stands, a Superhuman Registration Act would be pretty pointless since the secret identity of all of The Avengers is publicly known. So, they would need to introduce and establish some "sympathetic" superheroes, just like Spider-man, so the audience can understand Captain America's POV.
    Ugh...Civil War? Heroes were acting grossly out of character in that.

And Haephestus has a point...is there a point since all of the Avengers work for SHIELD anyway? Iron Man barely wanted on the Avengers in the first place. And the Marvel Cinematic Universe is too small for Civil War, unless it's a conflict contained in the Avengers' ranks only.

I'm really hoping that this isn't true.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

It may look like that they would still go against Bat vs Sup in doing something similar with Cap vs IM in Captain America 3. I'm more of a DC guy, but Marvel would seem to win this match.
    If the rumors are true, they can go Civil War including Spider-Man, but it appears to me as only rumors than anything else.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Too early Marvel, just too early.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Civil War was IMO an interesting concept that was executed very poorly by Marvel. It not only ruined Iron Man for years but also "ruined" Cap as well. That whole "Brubaker stuff" in Cap was garbage. Spider-Man has been pretty awful ever since.

I would honestly rather have them adapt a different story than Civil War. There's TONS of great Avengers stories that would make a much better movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    I used to subscribe to like thirty titles for over a decade. Civil War made me stop reading all comics for seven years.
    Avengers Disassembled did that to me.

Quesada and his cronies though had pretty much ruined a lot of stuff in the MU before that but Disassembled was my own personal breaking point.

I wouldn't get too worried about the quality of the comic being a reflection on the moive(s.) Just like Age of Ultron, I'm sure they are just taking the most basic concept/name and making it something different for the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I wouldn't get too worried about the quality of the comic being a reflection on the moive(s.) Just like Age of Ultron, I'm sure they are just taking the most basic concept/name and making it something different for the MU.
    That's what I'm hoping. They can't use many of the players in CW anyways so it's likely going to be a much simpler story.

Well this will be in what 4 years, and they are putting out what 2-3 movies a year? And they are about to establish the age or miracles where characters have powers from unknown sources. So I could see them wanting to keep this under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    That's what I'm hoping. They can't use many of the players in CW anyways so it's likely going to be a much simpler story.
    The worst thing about Civil War, was that outside the main book, some of the writers just didn't know how to write Stark in a manner that made him still relatable. I thought within the main book you understood where he was coming from pretty well. If they can follow more of that example, I think it'll work. I think some writers just went the easy route and made him too much of a villain.

Heroic Warrior
    I have always disliked hero vs hero stories. Is it so hard to have good villains in the marvel cinematic universe...well other then Loki.

I just don't see it working without key players that Fox has. Not just Spidey but Mr. Fantastic and the X-Men. Anyway I wasnt a fan of the comic either but the movies have yet to let me down. I would prefer some Infinity Gauntlet stuff instead though.

2nd Star To The Right, And Straight On 'Till Morning
    I'm not buying it. Everything that I have seen on it refers back to one source, and I have no reason to consider that source reliable. In this era, when information is so readily available, misinformation is also readily available. I don't buy into anything until it's official.

Now . . . I definitely think that Marvel Studios could pull it off, and I think they could do a great job with it. It just feels too soon for this story to me. I guess only time will tell!

Oh my, oh my, remember to breathe, Heidi. This. Is. Amazing!

I will be emotionally crushed and scarred for life if these rumors are fake news. Destined to a rest of my life filled with heavy and unrepairable trust issues.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback