Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this true?: Disney purchasing 21st Century Fox

Is this true?: Disney purchasing 21st Century Fox

I just found out this "Breaking News" article that looks very foggy:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/06/disney-buys-21st-century-fox/

Is this happens to be true, a lot of Marvel fans shall be infinitely happy. Also, does it mean potential The Simpsons & Family Guy done by Disney? Star Wars handled again by 20th Century Fox? Disney Aliens vs Sofia the First? Pixar Predator?

Edit:
    Here's another report:

https://heroichollywood.com/21st-cen...x-sale-disney/
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting

In addition to what this would mean on the Marvel end of things, this would also be great for Star Wars as well.

Fox owns the original SW film out right, and has distribution rights through 2020 on the rest of the original films and all of the prequels. Also one of the things that fans have been disappointed in since Disney started making the new SW films is that the movies no longer with the 20th Century Fox logo, music, and fan fare which then leads into the Star Wars music. They would be able to release future films with that intact if they want to, and could even put out new releases of The Force Awakens, Rogue One, etc. with that added in.

And more importantly, with everything SW related firmly owned and operated under "one roof," maybe they could finally release the original versions of the original trilogy in HD/UHD.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Bloomberg says the talks are dead.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...dead-cnbc-says
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

It might be good news for Disney if that happens, but Media conglomerate reminds me of Tomorrow Never Dies story.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I am not surprised the talks fell through, it would have been difficult for them to get regulatory approval anyway. Disney already owns ABC, ESPN in addition to older Disney brands. This market consolidation is getting out of control.

Heroic Warrior
    I predicted this as soon as they bought Lucasart. I predicted that Sony and Fox would have to play ball with them... or the combination of Disney, Marvel and Star Wars money all Voltroned together would pretty much get them whatever they wanted. Spider-man, Fantastic Four, X-Men... whatever. They can either sell them back to Marvel, or Disney can buy their whole company

Since then they HAVE gotten Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher all back and Sony worked out something for Spider-Man... so yeah, them looking at Fox like that?? No surprise at all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    I am not surprised the talks fell through, it would have been difficult for them to get regulatory approval anyway. Disney already owns ABC, ESPN in addition to older Disney brands. This market consolidation is getting out of control.
    They definitely would not have been allowed to own Fox and ABC at the same time, something the story doesn't really address. They could certainly buy things like the movie rights and so forth, but you can't own two broadcast networks.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Nature's Greatest Wonder Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    They definitely would not have been allowed to own Fox and ABC at the same time, something the story doesn't really address. They could certainly buy things like the movie rights and so forth, but you can't own two broadcast networks.
    Some of the articles addressed those issues. They were only going to buy the parts of Fox that they could legally own. The TV networks and such would not have been included.

In the name of the Lloyd!

Heroic Warrior
    I would love for Disney/Marvel to get back the rights to the Fantastic Four but to be honest I really wouldn't want them to add the X-Men at this point.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Personally I hope that Disney does buy out Fox's movie entertainment properties so I can finally have the proper Fantastic Four and Uncanny X-Men in with the MCU. Once that is done, it will be a beautiful sight to behold...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I think it would be great, but I’m not holding my breath. Hasn’t this been considered in the past, too?
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

It looks like the talks are happening again:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/11/...x-deal-rumors/

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I hope this goes thru too...because empires and monopolies are awesome.

And if it doesn't go thru, they can blame Russia and RT...and North Korea, China, and evil anti-capitalists.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    Yes, I hope this goes thru too...because empires and monopolies are awesome.

And if it doesn't go thru, they can blame Russia and RT...and North Korea, China, and evil anti-capitalists.
    No this should go thru for many reasons:

1.Disney would get the distribution rights for 6 Star Wars films (1-6)
    2.X-Men Deadpool & FF come back to Marvel (They need too)
    3.Alien & Predator franchises would be ignited again under Disney banner
    4.Avatar
    5.Fox TV

Some companies could do a better job than Fox right now... Especially since Rupert Murdoch only wants to concentrate on news & sports type network

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

4.Avatar
    5.Fox TV

Some companies could do a better job than Fox right now... Especially since Rupert Murdoch only wants to concentrate on news & sports type network
    I don't believe Fox TV can be part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy:3756954

4.Avatar
    5.Fox TV

I don't believe Fox TV can be part of the deal.
    . Fox TV shows like the Simpsons etc.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

4.Avatar
    5.Fox TV

Do you think Fantastic Four in the MCU be awesome?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Do you think Fantastic Four in the MCU be awesome?
    One word. Doom.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    One word. Doom.
    What about Silver Surfer plus Starjammers in Guardians 3? or Galactus in Avengers or Guardians?
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; December 6, 2017 at 04:14pm.

What about Silver Surfer plus Starjammers in Guardians 3? or Galactus in Avengers or Guardians?
    That's all well and good. But Doom, if done right, could be THE villain that the MCU has needed. He's already the most dynamic, complex, and frankly likeable Villain in the Marvel Universe. He can pull the strings. He can hold his own in a scrap. He could be the orchestrator of the entirety of phase 4.

I'm very excited.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    Never liked Silver Surfer (FF2 was the coolest I've seen him) and Starjammers would really be too similar to the guardians I think to make a good addition.

However, I think Galactus as the NEXT big Thanos would AMAZING!! Just imagine THIS on the big screen!!

FF243A.jpg

That is if we didn't actually get THIS!!!!

Secret Wars would be all my time #1 favorite Marvel project EVER and seeing it on the big screen would let me die happy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's all well and good. But Doom, if done right, could be THE villain that the MCU has needed. He's already the most dynamic, complex, and frankly likeable Villain in the Marvel Universe. He can pull the strings. He can hold his own in a scrap. He could be the orchestrator of the entirety of phase 4.

I'm very excited.
    It really annoys me that they can't get him right... and he's NOT hard to do right. Dr. Doom is DARTH VADER. Darth Vader was based on Dr. Doom... just reverse the process. Base Dr. Doom on Darth Vader now. The ominous imposing bad guy who makes everyone (enemies AND Allies) around them wet themselves with the very thought that they have crossed him somehow.

We don't see his face. We don't hire pretty boy actors who need publicity. We get a good physical presence and stick him in a fright mask and if his voice isn't good enough, do the James Earl Jones thing and have someone else do the voice.

We don't see him struggling and learning to become who he is... When we see him FF #5, he IS Doom. Ruler of Latveria, Powered armor, a force to make everyone else tremble.

I'm very excited.
    Yup and i don't think Disney needs to buy the whole studio but Fantastic Four characters and the Star Wars movies so we can have the unviolated original versions of the classic SW movies on blu-ray in 4K from interpositives.

Yup and i don't think Disney needs to buy the whole studio but Fantastic Four characters and the Star Wars movies so we can have the unviolated original versions of the classic SW movies on blu-ray in 4K from interpositives.
    How does it make sense for Fox to sell their most valuable pieces to one company and either keep the rest or try to find a different buyer for the leftovers?

Disney could make or remake these films into money makers (again)

Titanic
    Planet Of The Apes
    Ice Age
    Simpsons
    Kung Fu Panda
    Predator
    Aliens
    Die Hard (I think)
    Independence Day
    Home Alone
    X-Files
    Night At The Museum
    Big Mamma's House
    Alvin & The Chipmunks

And whatever else I'm missing Disney could use a lot of these brands as well..

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    How does it make sense for Fox to sell their most valuable pieces to one company and either keep the rest or try to find a different buyer for the leftovers?
    Well Star Wars is Lucasfilm you know even in copyright and afterall everyone does want the original theatrical cuts of the classic SW trilogy on blu-ray now that Lucas is no longer in charge of Lucasfilm. And Fantastic Four doesn't seems vuluable to Fox anymore after the last 2 movies flopped in theaters even 2015 bombed badly, i mean we need Galactus in Guardians of the Galaxy 3 or Avengers even have Avengers meet the F4. Do you agree Silver Surfer with the Starjammers would be perfect for Guardians 3?