Thread: Hasbro AFTER comicon sale

Hasbro AFTER comicon sale

Hi...

Not sure if there is a tread for this... i did do a search...and did not see anything... SO, would anyone happen to know the date HASBRO TOY SHOP.COM has the after comicon sale???
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

There is no set date and for that matter no set time. Hasbro just puts them up whenever they want to.

IIRC, it's usually a week or two after ComiCon ends, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm reading rumors that banners were posted at the Con that they would be available July 28.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

This is one area in which Mattel DESTROYS Hasbro as the post sale for Hasbro is generally HORRIBLE in regard to what you have to go through.

Waiting endlessly for it to come up with no set date in place and THEN anything you want generally selling out in no time.

Seriously not worth the hassle.

Yeah, I almost try not to pay too close attention to their exclusives. Then, maybe (if I catch wind of it) I'll pop on their store and see if anything I like is left. Happens, sometimes! Most of the time...nothin'. When they make exclusives, they STAY exclusive, sadly.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior Glimmer The Guide's Avatar
    Its the 28th its on the website

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    IIRC, it's usually a week or two after ComiCon ends, too.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm reading rumors that banners were posted at the Con that they would be available July 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glimmer The Guide View Post
    Its the 28th its on the website
    Thanks so much guys!!!! I just REALLY want that antman set~!!!
    Cinco Banking System: Great. I've made the change. Your wife's new legal name is: TAARGÜS TAARGÜS. Is this okay?

Agreed, H.A.L.-the Ant-Man set is pretty sweet. That Doctor Strange set is gorgeous, as well.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Yeah, Doctor Strange is my #1 want. I may grab the Ant-Man set, too. It's nice to have an actual date, at least.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nothing really interests me this year from the Hasbro exclusives. I'm sure the 6" Stormtrooper will be all over the place in a few months. I don't collect Marvel Legends and the Transformers exclusives didn't grab my attention. I guess with the death of the Marvel Universe line, my wallet can rest easy this year. The only thing I mildly considered was the Ant-Man set but I don't like the Giant Man costume. The Goliath and lab coat Pym are interesting but not $75 interesting.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

any news on the sale for THIS year????

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    any news on the sale for THIS year????
    Yes, on the HTS website, it has stated Tuesday, August 9th for the SDCC exclusives.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The only exclusive I'm really interested in is the 3 3/4" Collector set. I like having The Collector and Lockjaw. Howard the Duck and Cosmo are passable but Moonboy gives me hope that Devil Dinosaur is on the horizon!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Yes, on the HTS website, it has stated Tuesday, August 9th for the SDCC exclusives.
    AWESOME!!!! thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soundwavempl View Post
    Do we know what time they usually open the sale?

Hoping to score Obi-Wan. Thanks for the heads up!

Try your best, but just be prepared for failure. In my experiences, if you think Mattycollector is bad when trying to score SDCC items try HTS. Can't see the super popular stuff lasting more then 1-2 seconds and especially now that they've posted an actual time and date.

You'd think that would be a good thing, but a time and date with them will do nothing but draw people in by the droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Try your best, but just be prepared for failure. In my experiences, if you think Mattycollector is bad when trying to score SDCC items try HTS. Can't see the super popular stuff lasting more then 1-2 seconds and especially now that they've posted an actual time and date.

You'd think that would be a good thing, but a time and date with them will do nothing but draw people in by the droves.

They haven't listed an actual time only a date.

Actually the last few years it's been pretty easy to get most stuff as long as you are there when it goes up. Exclusives went up and most lasted for almost 30 minutes. The only thing that sold super fast the last few years was the Star Wars Black stuff with the exception of Jabba, who lasted about 20 minutes, and the GIJoe/Transformers Crossover sets. The Marvel sets and Transformers stuff lasted awhile.

The worst thing about HTS is that there is no set time. You just have to keep refreshing the website and hope you are there when it goes up.

Obi Wan would be nice but I can see him getting a wide release. Like Enchantress but don't want the rest.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it