Thread: Cereal Geek Update

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar

Cereal Geek Update

It appears that the Cereal Geek website is closed down and based on James's Tweets the magazine lost a lot of money coming to the states for SDCC.

Anyone have any information if the last two issues are going to get printed.

I had pre-ordered a long time ago so I hope I didn't lose my $44 bucks (rounding based on GBP conversion)
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

that's kind of weird... why bankrupt your company by going to a con in another country, when there are probably local ones you could attend?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    that's kind of weird... why bankrupt your company by going to a con in another country, when there are probably local ones you could attend?
    It could be he was hoping to get some more visibility with customers and resellers.

Reminds me when I used to go to E3 each year. I would visit with a lot of smaller companies that had bought booth space there. They would have literally gone "all in" to to get their name out in the market and I would never hear from them again.

I don't own my own business, but I guess that is just part of the juggling act of how large to grow your business and what steps to take to make it happen.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    This is awful news if true. cereal:geek is a wonderful magazine. I hope James chimes in to give us a status.

I pre-ordered issues 9-16, and really enjoyed everything I got so far.

That'd be incredibly sad if true. Hopefully the site's just down due to some server issue or something.

The site is back up and James responded to me that the issues will hopefully be printed by the end of the year.

I was pretty brash about the whole ordeal and started freaking out. James as always has been a gentleman even though I was a total Hordak.

Master of New Adventures!
    None of this surprises me.

I'm still waiting, after seven years, to get the comp issue of Cereal Geek I was promised in return for giving a lengthy interview about NA, despite numerous ensuing PM requests that went unanswered -- and yeah, I've still got copies of my unanswered PMs. I rarely complain about things and I think most on the board know I will do almost anything for fans so it was my pleasure, initially, to agree to the interview. But this was disappointing, especially in light of the fact that the interview was used to sell copies of the mag and sending me a single copy, as promised, was a small enough thing to do for my time:

http://www.cerealgeek.com/issue_02.html

The simple courtesy of a reply to my PMs would have been appreciated. And no, professionals that are disrespected do not simply go away because they are disrespectfully ignored. Burning bridges, btw, is never a wise thing to do as it can come back to bite you.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; August 30, 2014 at 07:31pm.

Ouch. That's not cool!

I'll keep this info away from my daughter. She wouldn't be happy that her favorite writer from Lady Lovelylocks was treated in this manner.

I know it won't help, but I know that issue 2 completely sold out and James is looking to get it reprinted. He should have still sent a copy to you before they sold out though.

Master of New Adventures!
    Kindly tell your daughter that I sincerely appreciate her being a LLL fan. It was one of my favorite series that I created and wrote for and I would be only too pleased to correspond with her -- through you, of course -- about it.

Is she aware of this wonderful website?

http://ladylovelylocks.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    Ouch. That's not cool!

I'll keep this info away from my daughter. She wouldn't be happy that her favorite writer from Lady Lovelylocks was treated in this manner.

I know it won't help, but I know that issue 2 completely sold out and James is looking to get it reprinted. He should have still sent a copy to you before they sold out though.