Thread: Remember reversed shoulders? This is a reversed TORSO!

Remember reversed shoulders? This is a reversed TORSO!

Well, this was amusing. So, I collect a lot of toys based on mythology. My favorite line, Demon's Chronicle, includes things like Goetic demons, Biblical angels, Zodiac creatures, and two waves' worth of Egyptian gods. I had picked up Set a while back - you know, Set/Seth/Sethan, the evil aardvark/wolf/whatsit god who murdered Osiris and had a longstanding feud with Horus - but something about the figure bothered me. These toys come disasembled (and blind-packed, originally), and the previous owner of mine had glued his. He had just done it poorly, but I couldn't put a finger on how it had happened.

Here is the official production photo:

And here is my figure:

Yeah, so he's hunched over. This is odd. The previous owner must have glued him sloppily, and not noticed how the pegs weren't lining up. Notw the significant neck gap.

It's especially obvious from the back, where you can also see gaps in the arms, and... hey, waiiiiiit a second. Somethin' wrong here...

Woah. His torso is on backwards. The previous owner glued Set's torso on backwards. See?

So, I disassembled him. It took some work, but I was able to crack the glue with minimal tearing. I left two spots that were glued - his foot and the piece of Horus, and his tail - but managed to free the rest. I had to sacrifice a foot peg to get him off his base, but that's necessary if I want to take photos of this guy and not have to cover a big blue block. The neck peg got a little torn up and had some glue residue, so I had to trim it after the fact, too. The crazy thing is, all those pegs are Asymmetrical. I can't imagine how much determination it took this previous owner to force every single joint in a way that did not fit and looked bad.

And now, reassembled! I will not be gluing him again, Set stays together just fine as-is.

Oh he's cool!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome! I actually once got a Battle Armor He-Man where just his lover abdomen was in backwards. I was half expecting something similar here!

Man how did the guy not notice that he made the figure look like he was doubled over in pain? Or the nipples on his back?

Glad you got it fixed. That is a really neat looking piece.

Hilariously, my first pass at a photo of him assembled correctly turned out not as good as the picture taken when he was all mixed up.

I'll have to keep trying!

I think he looked better hunched over.

Quote Originally Posted by felgekarp View Post
    I think he looked better hunched over.
    Same here, I think if you buy both that have faulty, keep one as a hunched over. I would prefer both anyways.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Take 2 is a way better improvement, photo-wise.