Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Warrior: R.I.P.

The Ultimate Warrior: R.I.P.

Breaking news as it's being reported that he has indeed passed away, and WWE confirmed the news. He was apparently walking to his car with his wife outside of an Arizona hotel when he collapsed, per TMZ. He was transported in an ambulance and was later pronounced dead.

Wow.......just.....wow .
    Last edited by Shecky; April 9, 2014 at 06:53am.

He didn't look very good on Raw. Pretty shocked by this. 54 is no age to die.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    After watching his promo from Monday, nobody will ever convince me that he didn't know he was dying. The whole weekend seems like a dying man getting his affairs in order before passing on.

So sad. Another wrestler gone long before their time. And in this case, they had a wife and two young daughters. Just terrible.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Absolutely terrible. I was so excited to see him get inducted into the Hall of Fame and become an ambassador for the WWE, and he was even on Raw on monday... and now he's gone.

RIP you crazy, crazy nutcase

whoa man...this is terrible new RIP!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

RIP Warrior
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

I didn't expect him to go to soon, But I glad he got recognize on Hall of Fame and made amend couple of day before he passed.

RIP O great Warrior.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Aww, no...

I really liked the Warrior back in the day! Still like the character. Heck, The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior was the only WWE DVD I ever felt compelled to purchase.

RIP Ultimate Warrior!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

He was the true definition of a larger than life character. Good Journey Mr. Warrior. Thank you for the memories.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Truly a sad day in the world of wrestling.

James Brian Helwig whom later became legally known as Warrior (1993) was a true unique persona in the days of wrestling. The intensity, the energy he brought through the curtain as his entrance music came on not only electrified, but IGNITED the audience every time. Of course throughout his career decisions on both ends led to anger, hostility and bitterness between all parties involved. But thankfully in the tragic and unexpected end, some things were finally resolved and mended which allowed his contributions to the business to be honored.

Sadly his last promo on Monday Night Raw (eerily which seems to sound like his own goodbye to fans & final words) really makes his passing so much more heavy felt...

R.I.P Warrior
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I haven't cared about wrestling since the early 90's, but The Ultimate Warrior has always been my favorite wrestler.

R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Warrior was one of my favorites (though Hogan was always "my guy") but death has become a part of the profession so it is never really surprising that it takes them in this way in the end.

I put my thoughts here , he will be missed even if it was for his crazy outbursts of the last decade.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Read this this morning on BBC News, very sad news, RIP Warrior.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I loved pro wrestling as a kid, but stopped watching after the Attitude Era. I became in love with MMA at that point and can never look at it the same again. I think pro wrestling sucks and have no interest in it. That said, I always loved the character of Ultimate Warrior when I was a kid - by far my favorite one. I watched the HOF and Raw for the first time in 14-15 years because he was on it. I knew about the vendetta he had with Vince/WWE and so it was just too interesting not to watch.

On a side note, he also stated that he had signed a multi-year deal, so I doubt he knew he was dying. But, he did not look that healthy on Raw. He looked like he could barely walk, and had trouble taking his mask off.

It also seemed over the weekend that Warrior was generally happy to be back and be there for the fans, which he didn't always seem to like in the past.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    He was one of my favorites when I used to watch wrestling back in the day with my grandpa. RIP Ultimate Warrior. My condolences to the family.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Wow. A lot of those guys are dying really young. Guess the life really took its toll on them, fake or not.

Heroic Warrior
    His speech he gave was very ironic, pretty eerie.. Very sad..

Even though I still have several "negative" feelings toward him, it is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post

It also seemed over the weekend that Warrior was generally happy to be back and be there for the fans, which he didn't always seem to like in the past.
    Money will do that. Just ask Bret Hart. They all come back once they run out of money and need a paycheck. "Hello Vince..."

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I wasn't an Ultimate Warrior fan either, but at least he got to go into the Hall of Fame while he was alive and his fans got to see him one last time, actually three last times (HOF, WM30, and Raw). I just hope his kids weren't present when he fell. His children, wife, and mother all seemed very sweet, and maybe that balanced out his craziness.

He wasn't a great in ring performer, but I will admit, he was part of some of my favorite matches - Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 6 and the Macho King Randy Savage vs. Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 7 in the "career ending" match. Hopefully Macho is getting an elbow drop on him somewhere in heaven right now to even the score.
    Support Crystal Moonbeam for MOTUC!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...beam-in-MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Money will do that. Just ask Bret Hart. They all come back once they run out of money and need a paycheck. "Hello Vince..."

If you have a problem with UW, please take it to the general wrestling thread and keep them out of the thread clearly about mourning him. If nothing else, jumping into this thread with nasty comments like that is in poor taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    If you have a problem with UW, please take it to the general wrestling thread and keep them out of the thread clearly about mourning him. If nothing else, jumping into this thread with nasty comments like that is in poor taste.
    Whatever. I was just stating facts concerning his return.

For the record, I did say it was sad that he passed.

Eerie timing. I admire that he fought for his intellectual property. RIP

Wow, he's one of the few names I remember from the times when I paid attention to wrestling. What was that...early 90's? Can't even name that many, but he was one of them. Sucks when folks go early like that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Whatever. I was just stating facts concerning his return.

For the record, I did say it was sad that he passed.
    Again, conversation more suited for the wrestling discussion thread than an "In Memoriam" thread.

Lots of people hold famous people in a different light than they would a run-of-the-mill stranger. Celebrities/atheletes/whoever can lend a hand in peoples' formative years simply by doing what they do on the screen, the field, or in the ring. UW clearly made such a mark on plenty of people (myself included). I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling like a part of my childhood was lost when I heard the news. I know that UW didn't know me from Adam. But I also know how awesome it was to spend time with my Grandfather watching UW/Hogan at Wrestlemania or seeing him live, again-with my grandfather-teaming with The Legion of Doom to take on Demolition at the Hartford Civic Center. Again, whether he knew it or not, UW was an unforgettable part of my childhood, even if only by association. And I think it sucks that someone would come into a thread mourning his death (and celebrating his life) to call him a money grubber (even if it was true, which nobody in this thread can prove or disprove).

Put a little eye roll emoticon if you want. But if it isn't something you would say to a friend or family member of a deceased person, don't say it in an "R.I.P" thread.

Rest in Piece, Warrior. I feel incredibly bad for his daughters.