Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd Thor Film Talkback, Thor: Ragnarok

3rd Thor Film Talkback, Thor: Ragnarok

Some details on the third Thor film.

cnn.com:

'Thor: Ragnarok'

Ever wanted to see Chris Hemsworth face off against himself?

Looks like you'll get your chance in the third "Thor" movie (which co-stars fan favorite Tom Hiddleston) on July 28, 2017.

Ragnarok is a cyborg clone of Thor who is up to no good. This will almost certainly put the Superman vs. Clark Kent fight from "Superman III" to shame.

Called it.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...77#post3521977

- - - Updated - - -

Called it.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?244859-Avengers-Age-Of-Ultron-Thread&p=3521977#post3521977

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Some details on the third Thor film.

cnn.com:
    I hope it's not the clone that comes after Civil War I'm hoping it's the real Ragnarok with Surtur

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Thank Odin you were right too.

I'm not ready for them to stop Thor movies at three. Surtur needs more build up than to just turn up in one movie IMO.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I'm wondering if that's not just an assumption, to be honest. It's far more likely, I think, that it's more about the Asgardian end times versus the robot clone.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Heroic Warrior
    I hope it is about Surtur, cyborg clones are lame.

Are they really going to stick with that title?

The problem with the Thor movies is they look and feel really sterile. There was a moment early in Thor 2 where there was some kind of war, kind of an LOTR type scene, including a battle with a giant. That part was awesome. More of that please, less of the lame sci fi MacGuffin of the week stuff.

I like that Thor was a bit shinier. The more LOTR it gets, the more typical fantasy film it gets, I think. I think making the world feel a bit more lived in is a good move, though. Thor 2 tried to do that, more.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Umm, are they sure it's about the cyborg? During the Marvel press conference, Kevin Feige himself described Ragnarok as the end of days, a.k.a. the apocalypse.

Some of these sites reporting this stuff have no idea what they are talking about, so don't use them as fact until Marvel themselves say it.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I'm going with the movie concerning "Ragnarok," as in the end of days. Naming and centering a movie based on the name of a cyborg version of Thor seems pretty boring, considering the directions the movies seem to be heading in.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

So now marvel is also stealing the idea of faker ??

a female thor/valkyrie in the comics wasnt enough?

Sony you better hurry up and plan something with our beloved brand very soon!

Thor1 has been an enjoyable film but I personally liked the dark world the most because took place mostly on Asgard, and I loved those LOTR's type of battles
    Last edited by Triklops 1; November 4, 2014 at 02:22pm.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Grammer Flunky
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    considering how proud you are, I really hope that is not the biggest claim to fame of your life..... Here lies "Called it' 0000-0000 RIP ;o) j/k

Personally, I'm really enjoying the Thor universe more than any other.... it has the right amount of cool, humor, and action. Iron Man comes close second, (although personally I found that first movie rather boring)....
    looking forward to what thor has in stall......I know more about DC, so all of this is brand new to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by triklops1 View Post
    Sony you better hurry up and plan something with our beloved brand very soon!
    I hear Sony wants to do an all female spiderman team, just like they want to do an all female ghostbusters reboot. Either someone in charge at sony has totally gone insane, or a femenist just got promoted ;o).

I just want Beta Ray Bill and Frog Thor.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    I would love to see Enchantress & Executioner. Beyond that, I have no real hopes/wants/expectations for the next Thor.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, I think this movie is going to involve end of days Ragnarok and not cyborg clone Ragnarok because after Ultron, a robot enemy would seem rather redundant. Especially an inferior robot to Ultron...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Outstanding casting news:

Marvel has officially announced the cast of their upcoming film "Thor: Ragnarok," confirming Cate Blanchett as Hela and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Additionally Jeff Goldblum and Karl Urban have joined the cast as Grandmaster and Skurge, respectively. The announcement also confirms that Mark Ruffalo will appear in the film as Bruce Banner/Hulk. The announcement also came with the first piece of art from "Thor: Ragnarok," depicting the silhouette of Blanchett's villain Hela.

Goldblum's Grandmaster, along with Benicio Del Toro's Collector, makes me want a Contest of Champions movie...

Pretty great teaser for Hela!

Jeff Goldblum! Karl Urban!

So Executioner will be in the movie but not Enchantress? I hope they're saving her for future movies and this won't be the last we see of Asgard and co.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Heroic Warrior
    So the villain is Hela, that is disappointing, I was hoping for Surtur.

Love the casting.

In the official release, Jamie Alexander wasn't listed as coming back as Sif but in a Twitter post she replied with "Don't worry ...."

I love her as Sif and thinks she's one of the highlights of the Thor films.

Nice to know that she and the studio was able to work through their disagreement they had over her injury she suffered while filming Thor 2.

At one time, there were plans for Sif's role to expand past the Thor films and possibly bring her into the Avengers in Phase 3.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hmmm...with the Hulk in the film and it taking place in Asgard with Hela/Loki as the villains, I wonder if they are going to follow the Hulk vs. Thor animated movie plot?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

2nd Star To The Right, And Straight On 'Till Morning
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    At one time, there were plans for Sif's role to expand past the Thor films and possibly bring her into the Avengers in Phase 3.
    Well, she has been on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. twice now. Not quite the same, but for fans of the TV show it provides a great connection to the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Hmmm...with the Hulk in the film and it taking place in Asgard with Hela/Loki as the villains, I wonder if they are going to follow the Hulk vs. Thor animated movie plot?
    Everything I keep hearing is that Hulk will play a major role in this movie. I'm super excited about it. Just read this earlier this morning:

Everything we’ve heard about Thor: Ragnarok suggests that Marvel Studios is trying to make the third solo adventure of the Odinson something special. First and foremost, it’s no longer a solo movie but a team-up adventure with Bruce Banner, a.k.a. the Hulk. And puny Banner himself, Mark Ruffalo, says the sequel a road movie in the vein of Midnight Run.

Ruffalo, fresh off an Oscar nomination for his work in Spotlight, spoke with Empire and mentioned one of the great road trip movies of all time while chatting about Thor: Ragnarok:

There’s a little bit of Midnight Run, with [Charles] Grodin and [Robert] De Niro… I feel like that’s kind of where we’re heading with this relationship between Thor and Banner… It is a universal road movie – that’s where we’re heading… It’s not where you’d think it will be, so it’s not your classic road movie but it has that structure, I think.
    Leaked possible Spoiler (but big spoiler if true)

“Hela will take Asgard and Thor attempts to stop her,” writes Kellvin Chavez of LR. “Hela lays the smackdown on the God of Thunder, destroying his hammer and straight up murdering Thor’s friend Heimdall.”

Heimdall, played by Idris Elba, controls the portal into and out of Thor’s realm, Asgard. He has appeared in both previous Thor movies and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

But Idris Elba won’t be gone from the Marvel universe just yet. LR ’s sources insist that he’ll return for the final battle, when the righteous fallen unite with Thor and the armies of Valhalla to fend of Hela and her “army of the dead.”
    Last edited by Dice; May 24, 2016 at 10:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Everything I keep hearing is that Hulk will play a major role in this movie. I'm super excited about it. Just read this earlier this morning:

Leaked possible Spoiler (but big spoiler if true)
    Yeah, thinking about it some more, the main plot of the Thor vs. Hulk animated movie was a mind-controlled Hulk which was already done in the Avengers: Age of Ultron. So, I doubt they would use that plot device again.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    So I take it Hela will not be Loki's daughter....