Thread: Lost my job today.

Lost my job today.

Got laid off today, prayers appreciated....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sorry to hear that, Z-Gone. I hope it won't be long before you find another job.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

That really stinks, but hopefully you can view it as an opportunity? I know - that never sounds especially comforting, but give it a shot and see if you can't redirect yourself towards something more fulfilling in life, even if you are in the industry you intended to be in. There are more opportunities out there and this is a chance to re-evaluate things. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Z-Gone. I hope it won't be long before you find another job.
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    That really stinks, but hopefully you can view it as an opportunity? I know - that never sounds especially comforting, but give it a shot and see if you can't redirect yourself towards something more fulfilling in life, even if you are in the industry you intended to be in. There are more opportunities out there and this is a chance to re-evaluate things. Good luck!
    That's what I'm praying for. I realize that God has a plan for me and that I just need to take it in stride.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Sorry this happened to you. Good luck!
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    That suuuuuuuuuucks. I know how it is, unfortunately. There's no way around the way it makes you feel, but there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

Give 'em hell!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

sorry to hear.. this happened to me some yrs back. stay strong and aim for a better stronger future my friend
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I too am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you as well. Keep us updated on how things move forward for you.

Paul

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Oh man! I am so sorry to hear this. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Bahdrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Hang in there, Zargon! As a freelancer, I know the ups and downs of employment so I sympathize. But a new opportunity may be right around the corner!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    And here's hoping for the return of Power-Con!

Heroic Warrior
    Can you collect since you were laid off? If so, at least that little amount will help rather having nothing at all during the dry spell.

Very sorry to hear that! I hope you find something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Can you collect since you were laid off? If so, at least that little amount will help rather having nothing at all during the dry spell.
    Yes, I can.

Thank you to all for thoughts and prayers.

That´s awful, i´m very sorry. Things like that are never easy.

I hope you can find an even better job soon and as long as you get some money there is no worry about bills and that´s worth a lot!!!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I'm sorry to hear (read) that, Z.

I've been out of work for a year now, focusing on finishing my degree program and taking care of our little Hermione and her growing menagerie of pets. Remember to stay focused on what you excell in, keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities, keep the faith, and look at the bright side, whatever it might be. Good luck to you!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

My prayers go out to you Zargon. I don't know what your situation was at your work place. but often things like this, are better looked at as a blessing in disguise. exspecially, if your in a very negative work environment like I am. you know something is wrong when there is so much hate, the atmosphere is thick with it. snickers and sneers, dirty looks not to mention rumors of you being the next lay off. are all tell tale signs its time to move on, despite all your valiant efforts to be a model employe. and bending over backwards to get along with everyone.

often time its the green monster, jealousy envy you have something they'll never have. a house, your pay rate personality charisma, your happy they are not. the list go'se on and on but the fact is, once many of your coworkers decide they don't like you for whatever reason. they'll make it very tough for you until you walk out. quit even, the best bet is find a more positive work environment, and also it may seem a bit strange. but don't give to much information about yourself that can be latter used against you. like your a toy collector, you belive in the posibillty of alien life elsewhere in the universe. some people will jump like hungry jackels and cry out for you to be fired! this I don't understand at all, since everyone is different everyone has there own belifes values outlooks. its a shame you cant be yourself, what makes anyone normal. believing in nothing, that's not for me ill rather move on. but anyways many well wish's go out to you my friend.

Sorry to hear that, Zargon. Wishing you the best!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Sorry to hear that, Zargon. You have my best wishes as well!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    I'm really sorry, I send you the best vibes, man, I hope you can find a better job so soon.

Good things are coming for you.

That sucks.

About 8 years ago I got laid off from my job that I had for the previous 14 years and thought I was going to be ruined. I fell into a deep depression. In the end though, loosing that job was the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me go out and find another job which is 100 x's better than my old one. I'm still there today and actually love my job.

Keep your head up. When one door closes, another opens up. Like me, maybe this we be a good thing and you'll find something better.