Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mythic Legions figures debuting at Power-Con 2018

Mythic Legions figures debuting at Power-Con 2018

From the Four Horsemen:

"As we've done in the past, Four Horsemen Studios is partnering up with the most spectacular He-Man & She-Ra convention on the planet - Power-Con - to bring you two new Eternian inspired Mythic Legions figures, and if all of the stars align just right, they'll be making their debut at the 2018 Power-Con (Aug. 25th & 26th in Los Angeles, CA)!

It's going to be tight, but we're going to try our hardest to have a very limited amount of these two figures, Cowarros and Malynna the Malevolent on hand and up for sale to Power-Con attendees months before they ship from Store Horsemen! Prototype images shown - final product may vary. More accessories for these to be revealed soon. If you want to see these two prototypes up close and in person, be sure to be at ToyConNJ this weekend! More info about that event coming tomorrow...

For more details about the Power-Con sale and the Store Horsemen pre-order coming soon for these and four other convention based Mythic Legions figures, keep your eyes on StoreHorsemen.com!"

Click here to get your tickets to Power-Con 2018!

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2018!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Awwww, man - those look so cool! I will definitely be adding these to my growing Mythic Legions collection. I'm so glad they are making these MOTU-inspired characters.

Yes!!!! I'm all in on this line. Well done Horsemen. I'm hoping for an Alternate head for Evil Lynn. Maybe something a little closer to the Classics sculpt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdude

How does these fit in with motuc size wise?

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool. I hope that we see a She-Ra analogue in Mythic Legions too!

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    How does these fit in with motuc size wise?
    Really well. Maybe slightly smaller if you're super particular.

I can see some good custom made fan made story lines for these characters , connecting them to Masters of the Universe even if they're not MOTU .

For example - We can pretend that Malynna the Malevolent is Evil-Lyn's long lost daughter , or long lost sister. Which do you prefer ?

We can pretend that she is a villain to Dare , He-man's son known as He-ro . Once Evil-Lyn starts to age and get too old, Malynna takes her place as " The Sorceress of Night ". The title that Skeletor gave Evil-Lyn in the classic Filmation episode " Diamond Ray of Disappearance ".

For Cowarros he can be related to Cringer's green tiger clan . Except the group of green tigers he grew up with evolved even further than Cringer , not just knowing how to talk but to walk upright like humans . Cool toys by the way .
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mastersofeternia - MASTERS OF ETERNIA

HE-MAN CHARACTER PROFILE CLUB at-http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HemanCharacterProfileClub

These are great. Must haves for me. I just recently received the ones from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    These are great. Must haves for me. I just recently received the ones from last year.
    Yeah, I just received my Coliseum order recently. The MOTU-inspired Keltuss is amazing!

Wow, really impressed with Cowarros!!

I'll definitely be picking both of these up!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Nice! I hope they give Cowarror a helmet that matches Battlecat, and make a Panthor variant too.

OH MAN!!! those are SICKK!!!!
    White jays, white horse , white wrist , white Porsche -

Heroic Warrior
    I wish discussion on this could be in the Classics thread.

I really like the Battle Cat tribute. Calls to mind the humanoid concept that was kicked around for the movie and is in the Dark Horse art book. It’s a concept that worked for me and would move the mythos forward.

The past two years I have kind-of wanted the MOTU inspired Mythic Legions figures being offered by Four Horsemen, and both years I forgot that they only take cash and I never both to take the cash out to get them before they sell out. But these two are definite must-haves, and I WILL have cash on hand for them this year!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Chewer of Trollans
    I love that Battle Cat design, but it is weird to imagine He-Man was riding him all this time. I might just jump on it for the design aesthetic.
    I'll be getting that evil sorceress for sure.
    All of my Mythic Legions play well on Eternia.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    That Cowarros guy is almost a must have for MOTUC, it's following that design pitch shown in one of those books of MOTU art. I hope the size fits OK when displaying together with MOTUC figures.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Is cowarros a play on cringer being a coward then?

Nice! Man, I was hoping they use a name like Vil-Lynne, but Malynna is perfectly good. I totally didn't see Cowarros coming! Must haves for me!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by tenno View Post
    I love that Battle Cat design, but it is weird to imagine He-Man was riding him all this time. I might just jump on it for the design aesthetic.
    I'll be getting that evil sorceress for sure.
    All of my Mythic Legions play well on Eternia.
    This seems like a line that's very loosely based on the on the MOTU story. Kind of up for your own interpretation. I know what you're saying though. Hard to think of Battle Cat without imagining He-Man on his back.

Anyone know how much we can expect these to cost based off the previous PC exclusives?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factorz View Post
    Anyone know how much we can expect these to cost based off the previous PC exclusives?
    $35 each i believe.

Battle Cat with "Bamtan & Robin" style nipples? Yeah, no.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Love these continuing Mythic Legions homages to MOTU...

I was one that was bummed there wasn't at least one other variation using the Ba'lam head in Advent of Decay (it was at the very least begging for a black panther version) so getting this figure done this way is really cool.

I'm hoping I'll be abel to snag these at Power Con.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I wonder if these would be available to non-attendees
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

They'll be up on their store at some point.