Thread: Planet of the Apes ReAction line by Super7

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Planet of the Apes ReAction line by Super7

Planet of the Apes finally gets the 3 3/4" retro line it should have always had!

Who else is excited about this new ReAction line? Looks like Super7 could get deep into the original franchise. What characters do you want to see released?

unnamed-12-1.jpg

unnamed-46.jpg

That's cool. When I was young, I always thought Nova was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    That's cool. When I was young, I always thought Nova was one of the most beautiful women I had ever seen.
    I wouldn't disagree with you there.

oi9mk8uhrhyokmuo[1].jpg

120357263.jpg

There was a good Nova action figure done in the Medicom Planet of the Apes line awhile back.

I am very excited about this ReAction line because of the size and missing retro feel. I wasn't alive in the 70's, but there should have been something like this for Planet of the Apes, the first true blockbuster saga. I know of the regular sized Megos that filled the gap somewhat for kids in the mid-70's.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinhard View Post
    that's cool. When i was young, i always thought nova was one of the most beautiful women i had ever seen.
    yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just when you thought it was safe to take a pee.....- Hard Ticket To Hawaii -

They did it. They actually made them!! Damn you!!! Damn you all to Helllll!!!!
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    She's super hot man.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I wouldn't disagree with you there.

oi9mk8uhrhyokmuo[1].jpg

120357263.jpg

There was a good Nova action figure done in the Medicom Planet of the Apes line awhile back.

I am very excited about this ReAction line because of the size and missing retro feel. I wasn't alive in the 70's, but there should have been something like this for Planet of the Apes, the first true blockbuster saga. I know of the regular sized Megos that filled the gap somewhat for kids in the mid-70's.
    She looks amazing in that bottom picture. So yes, you confirmed it: she's still one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. It must have been really hard for Charleton Heston's character to be "stuck" with her for the rest of his life!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Road Ripper 3) Dragon Walker 4) Land Shark

I'm one of the older fans on this site as I was born in 1970.

Decades ago, my uncle bought me some POTA toys for Christmas. I remember I liked them, but they weren't a really big deal to me because I didn't watch the movies till years later!

And Nova was super hot.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; February 22, 2018 at 01:12am.
    Odd Man Out

To be fair, I think most kids in the 70s were use to most toy tie-ins being "representative" rather than "complete" (I think the closest we ever got was the Star Trek Megos with the main cast and a number of aliens). Having a large number of toys from a tie-in really was a post Star Wars thing from my experience.

Sure I'd have liked more Megos in the PotA line that fit the series as a whole. What we got was nice - Cornelius, Zira, Zaius, Soldier apes and the TV show figures, Verdon, Burke, General Urko1 and *cough*Cornelius again*cough* pardon me, I mean Galen. The only real downer was the generic astronaut which ultimately is understandable as an adult even if it seemed a bit duff as a kid.

Still I would have loved for more figures - stuff like Nova, General Ursus and Mendez (from Beneath), Dr. Milo (from Escape) Breck, *cough* Cornelius again*cough* sorry, Caesar, Lisa (from Conquest), and Aldo, and Kolp from Battle would have felt it represented the film series as a whole. Particularly if there were some generic mutants and fascist military figures thrown in for Beneath, Conquest and Battle.

Maybe add Barlow from the TV series to give the tv characters a second face antagonist.

Yeah that's probably too much to ask.

1Security Chief Urko in the actual TV show. I think the figure started out to be Beneath's General Ursus and changed when they went with the tv show.