Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I'd suspect that with a figure that heavy one of 2 things would happen: either the J-hook on the card would wear out or the blister would separate from the card.
    I'd definitely put a few nails underneath it to help support the weight.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Cool, Rocket-P. I first gained a fondness for the Sentinel in X-Men: Children of the Atom fighting game. I'm still looking for th eperfect port of that game for the Dreamcast and/or PS2.
    I still have my Sega Saturn copy. Now I just need to get another Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I hit the freakin' jackpot today!

I got nearly the entire 4" ThunderCat collection in one fell swoop!

I happen to work early morning part-time at the store where they were at. On my break I was checking out the toy pallets that they were hoarding in penskie for Christmas season (yep...so we'll be selling toys which everyone got three-four months ago). Yesterday, I got Batman Legacy Wave 2, and I totally forgot about ThunderCats until I checked for them this morning and they had them!

A case has:
    Lion-O x3
    Mumm-Ra x3
    Tygra x2
    Panthro x1
    Cheetara x1
    Wilykit x1
    Wilykat x1

I snagged one of each and a Thundertank. Panthro, Cheetara, Wilykit and Kat are one to a case, so you'll have to be early to get them, unless your store ordered multiple cases.

I did grab a 6" Mumm-Ra, but he's too big. Lion-O's head come up to the top of his belt. I guess it works if you like Mumm-Ra enormous.

I totally forgot about the deluxe figures like Grune and Mumm-Ra, so when I return 6" Mumm-Ra, I'll check to see if they have the other two!
    Are the T-Cats TRU exc. or are they going to be available at other store chains?Could you post pics of the T-Cats you picked up?
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    Are the T-Cats TRU exc. or are they going to be available at other store chains?Could you post pics of the T-Cats you picked up?
    From what I've heard so far the Thundercats are most available at K-Marts, and they will be carried through pretty much every major retailer (K-Mart, Target, Wal-Mart, TRU) there are just a lot of stores that haven't got them in or put them out yet.

Me want Ma-Mutt! And dear Lord please no Berbils.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    The new ruler of my main toy shelf arrived this week:

I don't have any timekeepers, but I found a use for part of the armor, so Scarabus can have an undead minion too. I only wish I could have afforded Demon Fire Scarabus too.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I still have my Sega Saturn copy. Now I just need to get another Saturn.
    Actually, the Sega Saturn version was pretty good. It had tremendous lag time but the gameplay was pretty spot-on.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I've seen and heard of people buying whole cases in store, is there like any particularly good time to attempt that and how do you go about it? Do you ask somebody or if there's a case there do ya just grab and pay?

Help a brother out here.

Ok not a brother really, I'm whiter then snow but you get the idea.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Help a brother out here.
    Well, maybe I could help if I knew what was the context of your statement was.

Noooooo!!!!!! Not you too! It's a madhouse! A madhouse!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

I've seen and heard of people buying whole cases in store, is there like any particularly good time to attempt that and how do you go about it? Do you ask somebody or if there's a case there do ya just grab and pay?

Help a brother out here.

Walmart and Target will have the cases out on the floor when they are delivered, some will say the Assortment others will have a number code. If you know what you want and you see it pick up the entire case and take it to checkout and they will open it and ring up each figure.

I have done this quite a few times, if any employees gives you crap you just tell them you are buying the whole thing and that will usually shut them up.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yay! Now I know!

And while knowing is half the battle I never got a chance to learn the other half, shooting guns with pretty colored flashes coming out of it and hitting ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

My latest score;

Obviously it is not my picture but I am glad to finally have a decent camera. Now I will know if my formerly bad pictures are because of a bad camera or if I am a bad photographer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Way too much stuff this month

Scarabus

Swamp Thing

SDCC Thor

Batman and Robin from Batman Inc.

Thundercats

I got the lastest additons to my Venture Bros. collection, Dr. Girlfriend and Hank Venture:

I really like these figures! Dr. Girlfriend has some really "interesting" uses of rear and frontal padding. I guess it's to give her more curves than a regular plastic form of it's own cannot provide. Even her undergarment is cartoon accurate.

Hank is also more cartoon accurate than the previous Dean Venture toy I feel. I can't wait for my Dr. Orpheus and Phantom Limb set to come in.

i found a hawkgirl/gentleman ghost DCUC two-pack at walmart on saturday. i didn't know there were two-packs for this line, but i was very happy to finally get a gentleman ghost figure. it's the only DCUC toy i've really wanted.

I went to Target this weekend and got the Wolverine/Captain America Comic pack mainly for the battle-damaged shield...

I bought a Mass Attack Doc Ock...

And I got a Simpsons glass 4-pack as well...

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 28, 2012 at 11:46am.

Masterpiece Rodimus Prime from Toys R Us (exclusive?). Opened it which I partially regretted instantly, but Hot Rod was my favourite Transformer when I was a kid, so I couldn't help myself.
    "I wish there was a God. I do. What I've heard about him, brilliant. But if there is a God, why'd he make me an atheist? That was his first mistake. Actually, talking snake was his first mistake"

Blind Cowboy and Ghost Horse. But it won't be delivered until November.

I got the latest wave of Marvel Universe figures today...

I am most disappointed in the Dr. Doom figure which is just a straight re-deco of the Marvel Secret Wars Comic 2-pack version. I was expecting something of an update, maybe even at the very least new hands. I really like Doctor Strange and Falcon. Now, I need to get Doctor Strange's Astral form variant. The surprise hit for me is the Scarlet Spider. I hated the character and the uniform but in person, it looks pretty good. Skarr, I am apathetic to. Overall, a decent assortment for me.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 28, 2012 at 11:48am.

I just got my Entertainment Earth exclusive Talky Tina, the killer toy from one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, "Living Doll". She's 18" tall and says her 5 signature phrases from the episode.

That episode taught me the valuable lesson that if you love your toys they will rub out anybody who treats you wrong!

I only picked up the POC Croc Master as well as Marvel Universe Thor and Apocalypse, so happy I found Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I just got my Entertainment Earth exclusive Talky Tina, the killer toy from one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes, "Living Doll". She's 18" tall and says her 5 signature phrases from the episode.

That episode taught me the valuable lesson that if you love your toys they will rub out anybody who treats you wrong!
    I couldn't have that in my house. It would freak me the heck out.

Marvel U Regular Dr. Strange! They only got in two Astral variants to begin with, but I REALLY wanted the normal version.

Heroic Warrior
    Arnold signed bb book

AFAIK , hes never signed thru mail in his movie career.....he mightve signed ttm 70s but those are few and far between.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !