Page 18 of 150 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    There were actually some pretty cool ROC figures (not the movie characters though haha) For 95% of the single carded ROC Joes, you're right, $12 would be too much. But there were two figures that were really hard to find - Kamakura and the Nano-Viper. Both came out after the major retailers were vastly over-stocked with earlier "movie-head sculpt" figures. In fact, most people only reported seeing either of them at CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens/etc. Kamakura peaked at about $50 (now about $30). Nano-Viper was probably around $25, he's a bit lower now with the focus on 30th/POC. Very cool (and surprising) to find in the wild - especially now when most stores have gone through all of the POC waves and then the

I don't know anything about Batman Animated figures, so I couldn't say. Maybe someone else here in the thread?
    Well, good deal there so. I did not like ROC figures, mainly because there were thousands of those here in Argentina at retail, extremely expensive and just wave 1 & 2, which didn't sell well, making impossible to have POC or 30th be sold around here. I did not even know that there was a Kamakura figure, otherwise I may have looked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by manticore View Post
    No, they say Mattel on the red logo. Old animated say Kenner in blue and white on the bottom right corner.
    Kenner/Hasbro did the Batman Animated figures till 2000. Mattel took DC & Batman on 2001 with JL & Batman Animated Classics; the figure from the pic on the peg seems to belong to a series launched in 2005. Still, I thought that is pretty odd to find a 7 year old figure on a rack.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got the only comic series I would buy based on a Mattel toy...Rom, Space Knight!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Someone bought me an Empire Strikes Back Tauntaun. It says Target exclusive on the box.

I don't actually collect Star Wars (other the old ceramic character mugs from Sigma), so I might put this up for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Well, good deal there so. I did not like ROC figures, mainly because there were thousands of those here in Argentina at retail, extremely expensive and just wave 1 & 2, which didn't sell well, making impossible to have POC or 30th be sold around here. I did not even know that there was a Kamakura figure, otherwise I may have looked for it.

Kenner/Hasbro did the Batman Animated figures till 2000. Mattel took DC & Batman on 2001 with JL & Batman Animated Classics; the figure from the pic on the peg seems to belong to a series launched in 2005. Still, I thought that is pretty odd to find a 7 year old figure on a rack.

Oh, ok. Those must be the ones I always see at Big Lots. Yeah, they never move. I've been seeing those for many years now.

Damn, man I used to have ROM back in the day. Breaks my heart to think about all the great toys I had when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; February 25, 2012 at 03:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Vintage AT-AT Driver on an ESB card.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    You see that $11 price tag? That's why. Pharmacies rarely ever have toy sales so stuff tends to sit around indefinitely because of the high prices. My local Walgreens still has ROC Cobra Commander on the pegs.
    Well, I bought it... so yeah, I saw the price tag I wasn't surprised to find a ROC figure on the pegs, I was surprised to find that ROC figure on the pegs. Almost all of the CVS/Wallgreens/etc around me still have at least one ROC wave 1 or wave 2 figure. But the rare later ROC figures are long gone. That's why I was so surprised to find it.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a few more comics over the weekend. Namely Rom #1 and Amazing Spider-Man #216, #218 and #219

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Oh, man, I loved those Rom comics. I really should take the time to track down the whole series. Shame about what happened to the writer, Bill Mantlo.

Anyway, my latest score would be a Sideshow 1/6 exclusive Plo Koon for under $55 shipped. My first sideshow figure and from what i can tell, it's a great deal for the price. Man, I thought I was done with Star Wars, but then I started watching the Clone Wars cartoon and now there are a handful of characters I need on my shelf lol.

Also picked up a MIB Black Voltron Coffin. Think I'll just sculpt my own robeast to chill in it though, I just can't bring myself to spend actual currency on the two Panosh made lol. Seriously getting the Voltron bug thanks to the (albeit, half-hearted) new toys. Not really finding any decent fansites though...most are either out of date or deserted. If anyone has one to recommend, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Shame about what happened to the writer, Bill Mantlo.
    What happened to him?

I went to a couple comic/toy shoppes and got Inhumanoids' Metlar, LOTR Battle Troll, Species II Eve, Sleepy Hollow's Witch and Headless Horseman, and Flashpoint Wonder Woman (who by the way looks awesome with my MOTUClassics figures!)
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    What happened to him?
    Victim of a hit and run and was left with brain damage. You can read his story here: http://www.lifehealthpro.com/2011/11/07/tragic-tale

1997 Toy Biz Sentinel. New in box
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

More and more comics keep coming...

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    It is a pain in the butt to complete a figure bit by bit. But when it’s finally complete, you appreciate it so much more than a figure which you bought complete to begin with.
    Very true. Years ago I bought a G1 Scorponok which was missing all his parts except for the head and gun, and i'm still trying to find the last few remaining pieces. But he's become one my most cherished Transformers, simply due to the amount of time it's taken to finish him.

I just received Mattel's Andre The Giant, and the Four Horsemen's new Outer Space Men figures. I love these little guys, they so much fun. Can't wait for the next few waves. Terra-Firma (the first female OSM figure) looks like she's going to be fantastic!
    Last edited by RocketPunch; March 1, 2012 at 09:21am.

I got some Amazing Spider-Man annuals plus Alpha Flight #20-70.

Yay, new toys are showing up!

First, Mega Bloks have minaturized they're Dragons. They pop together like the ones that come in eggs, but these are tiny and come in blind bags. They're pretty fun!

Speaking of blind bags, I also found these. After a little research it turns out these are a British toyline, and so far that I know these are the first in US stores? Anyway, they're blind bagged figures of various kinds; ninjas, soliders, and then the ones above. There are a bunch of 'em, and I like the design!

The Avengers stuff is showing up, and though I thought I was gona skip it, I ended up getting two to try them out. Cap is pretty cool even though they took out a few points of articulation. Only points I find myself missing are a torso twist and wrists. Otherwise, he's pretty cool!

Then I got this Iron Man just 'cause I liked the colors. Turns out it's supposed to be an armor for flying outside friggin' BLACK HOLES so he can study them. Crazy.

Found Storm from what I think is the current wave of Marvel Universe. First Storm I've bothered to get. I'm not totally happy with her, but she ain't bad. Only other figure I want from that wave is Psylock, and I know that's gona be tough...

Finally in Transformers Prime, the only guys that matter! Soundwave and Megatron! They always end up having cool figures. Megatron has a really cool scratchy finish on his armor, and Soundwave is just creepy and awesome. I love how thin he is, and the fact that Laserbeak seamlessly fits into his chest is just AWESOME. I do wish he had some weapons, but I actually find myself to not be bothered by the absence. Megatron is good on weapons, but they could have been better. The action features work, but aren't that much fun, which is odd 'cause they worked in a lot of flip-out weapons in the last movie line that were pretty fun. I think they could have worked something better into Megatron's fusion cannon. Still, not bad overall!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I picked up Thor, Cap Hulk and Iron Man from the Avengers movie line this weekend. Also found WWE Elite 13 Cody Rhodes.

I got some more Spider-Man comics over the weekend:

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I got the recent reproduction release of the fortune-telling menu holder/napkin dispenser from The Twilight Zone episode, "Nick of Time" which held William Shatner's character in it's thrall.

Plus I also got New Mutants #41-60

I picked up some random odds and ends from a guy liquidating the last of his Transformers collection. I have vague notions of turning some of those into customs. But we shall see.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I picked up some random odds and ends from a guy liquidating the last of his Transformers collection. I have vague notions of turning some of those into customs. But we shall see.
    Well, I see some parts from Devastator, Slag's sword, Powermaster Optimus Prime's dual barreled trailer guns, Ultra Magnus' head, and Squeezeplay's tail.

Today, I picked up these two at the Supercenter Walmart, in Cicero.

IMAG0151.jpg Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!

IMAG0152.jpg Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form into MUMM-RA, THE EVER-LIVING!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Well, I see some parts from Devastator, Slag's sword, Powermaster Optimus Prime's dual barreled trailer guns, Ultra Magnus' head, and Squeezeplay's tail.
    Squeezeplay's gun is there as well, and Ultra Magnus' gun and one connector. Unfortunately I'm still missing Squeezeplay's headmaster.

I got some more comics yesterday...

Another wonderful display of stock photos as always Benny!
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    My latest non-MOTU score was an MOC Breetai figure from the Robotech line. Yes, the figures are sub-par compared to other lines of the time that I collect (MOTU obviously as well as GI Joe) but Macross/Robotech has always been an all-time favorite of mine. I'm kinda surprised how many of the figures I DON'T have....
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"