Page 20 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got another iconic Spider-Man comic yesterday, ASM #252: the first appearance of the black symbiote costume in one of his regular series book.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I think it's safe to say you can kiss any pretense of conformity good-bye, Benny. As for me, I much prefer the iconoclastic, free-thinker-who-walks-to-the-beat-of-a-different-drummer that I know you to be.
    Well, I sure do appreciate that, Jackie O. And as I sit down to smoke my pipe in my 3-piece suit while I slip on my loafers, it does me good to know that you think of me in that sort of light.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Toy Biz Blob figure, MOC circa 1996.

Figure's great
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    WoW cups.jpg

These Warcraft collector cups are only available at the ampm convenience stores. I don't have one near home, but luckily for my job I travel lot
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    my newest item is the NECA Leech MOC. It was pricey, but worth every penny!!!

HD figures on youtube
    Oooh nice! Gotta get me some. Going to save the packaging on mine though, love that art!

Picked up some more of the 1" DC Universe and Marvel HEROICS at Wal-Mart.

I was able to get Iron Man, but still can't seem to find a Hulk in any of them.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; March 24, 2012 at 01:02pm.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Attachment 74583Scored some new stuff in a trade over the weeekend.I really like the Battle Beast vehicles even though there missing there stickers.Attachment 74581Attachment 74582
    Last edited by ICER; March 27, 2012 at 11:45pm.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Added some Trash Pack "Trashies" and the Garbage Truck.

Also bought an 8-inch Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I got another iconic Spider-Man comic yesterday, ASM #252: the first appearance of the black symbiote costume in one of his regular series book.
    That's nice one! I actually pulled one of these from a "5 for a $1" box at a comic shop in upstate New York. Unfortunately, I didn't get to buy it When the clerk saw what I had, she phoned her boss. The boss had just bought a collection, but hadn't gone through it yet. The clerk thought he'd pulled everything of value, so she dumped it all in the discount box. She very politely said she couldn't sell me any of the comics I'd pulled. I think that's the most excited and most disappointed I've ever been in comic book shop

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I love that figure. I have a loose one, and it's amazing. Just a huge, hulking bad guy who looks like he's about to bring the pain on some "hero".

Quote Originally Posted by ICER View Post
    Scored some new stuff in a trade over the weeekend.I really like the Battle Beast vehicles even though there missing there stickers.
    Battle Beasts are the best! I try to pick them up anytime I see them for a reasonable price. That's a nice haul!

I recently had yet another excellent trade with Mighty Puundragon, and picked up some bots and Joes to complete!

a Muppet of a man...
    I bought the trailer a few weeks ago, but just got the Optimus Prime to put it all together today!
    Not sure why, but I've always liked the Diaclone Ultra Magnus color scheme...

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    That's nice one! I actually pulled one of these from a "5 for a $1" box at a comic shop in upstate New York. Unfortunately, I didn't get to buy it When the clerk saw what I had, she phoned her boss. The boss had just bought a collection, but hadn't gone through it yet. The clerk thought he'd pulled everything of value, so she dumped it all in the discount box. She very politely said she couldn't sell me any of the comics I'd pulled. I think that's the most excited and most disappointed I've ever been in comic book shop
    Awwwww, man! Denied, sensor-ini! Well, I hope you were able to get it later on or will be able to.

As for me I got another installment of my ever growing comic collection beginning with Uncanny X-Men #60, the first appearance of Sauron (outside of Tolkien):

And I got Uncanny X-Men #247, not really significant but helped fill a gap in my X-Men run:

Plus I got some early 80's Amazing Spider-Man comics to fill some other gaps:

Some more Bronze Age Spidey comics came in...

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 30, 2012 at 01:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

I picked up Transformers Prime Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Ratchet, and Soundwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Not sure why, but I've always liked the Diaclone Ultra Magnus color scheme...
    Me too. I was tempted to get that trailer but eventually decided that I didn't want to spend the money. I managed to get a good deal on the Takara Diaclone colored Ultra Magnus reissue a few years ago. I ditched the blue/black cab and display him with an Optimus Prime cab.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Picked up the animated Ghostbusters minimates at TRU yesterday on a whim, since I was able to get all four of the guys, Janine, Slimer, and Sam Hain in one go. I have them fighting the Universal Monsters on my desk.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Picked up the "Scooby-Doo Mystery Solving Crew" at Toys R Us today on sale for 25% off.

Grabbed a Sea-Borg from Monsterpants. Very cool design and not a bad price for a resin figure.

sbking6in.jpg

Also managed to snag an Adventure Kartel Penumbra Shadow - very happy about that since I only paid retail.

$(KGrHqFHJCsE9!Z5RTz-BPcurPun,g~~60_3.JPG

Nice books BJH...
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Picked up Catman at K-Mart.

So I received a mysterious package today, and I hope you'll forgive me for indulging a little.

Hmmm, this is unusually large and heavy. I wonder...

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is the greatest thing... like, ever.

And the robot mode is just as good!

"Me Grimlock think you, Prime can be leader if you can grab the crown off my head."

"..."

"Me Grimlock seem to remember you guys being a bit taller. But me Grimlock not scale purist."

"There he is! Decepticons, attack!"

"Pile on!"

"Keep firing, we can take h-"

"Me Grimlock winner and still champion!"

Overall, this is one of my favorite toys ever. I'm so excited to just have the guy.

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Me too. I was tempted to get that trailer but eventually decided that I didn't want to spend the money. I managed to get a good deal on the Takara Diaclone colored Ultra Magnus reissue a few years ago. I ditched the blue/black cab and display him with an Optimus Prime cab.
    That's funny... I kinda wish I had a blue Classics Prime for this set up

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    This is the greatest thing... like, ever.
    Overall, this is one of my favorite toys ever. I'm so excited to just have the guy.
    ME GRIMLOCK SAY WE ON OUR WAY!!!!!

Found a Python Patrol Viper at an antique store for a couple of bucks. I have been searching for this guy since I was a kid. Always passed him up if I found a seller who had him due to price. Now if anyone has his gun let me know!!!!

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by sithjedi171 View Post
    Nice books BJH...
    Thanks sither! Hopefully the best is still yet to come. Speaking of which, I got some more Amazing Spider-Man filler books and others...

And I got Amazing Spider-Man #256, the first appearance of Puma...

Picked up a few more Batman Legacy figures (Batman First Appearance, Batgirl, and Catwoman Classic) at Toys R Us and K-Mart:

I got some more cool early X-Men comics...

I got a 1st series What If...

And a couple of Avengers comics...