Page 34 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The Marvel Transformers comic was one of the few series I stuck with from beginning to end as a kid, and it always brings back memories.
    I wish I had done the same thing, Sandy Duncan. As it is, I stopped at issue #50. Now I have to try to acquire the low production run of the last 5 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    After seeing Benny's posts with Spidey book after Spidey book I went on the hunt as well. However I'm on a phone so there are no photos, stock or otherwise.

Anyway, my pickups are Amazing Spider-Man #55 and more importantly to me Amazing Spider-Man #39. They're both kinda beat up, so I'll keep these as readers and hope for grade worthies somewhere down the line.
    Cool, SonlyF! Those are 2 Spidey issues I still need to get. However since I only buy comics in Fine+ or better condition, I know those will cost me a good sum (especially #39).

As for me, I just got in Uncanny X-Men #49 which features the introduction of Lorna Dane (a.k.a. Polaris):

Then I got Amazing Spider-Man #120 which is the second part of Spidey's battle with the Hulk in Canada:

Lastly, I got my second major acquisition...Amazing Spider-Man #122. This is the final battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin which culminates in the death of the Green Goblin. Another important issue in the Amazing Spider-Man run:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 18, 2012 at 06:39pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    YES. You have joined the club of the awesome people who own the glowing exoskeleton. One of my all time favorite toys over the years. Most of my old toys are in storage, but I keep that one with me!

I'm waiting for the sun to go down so I can check him out

Unfortunately, the bubble is yellowed. It isn't like this is a 30 year old figure, geesh...
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Lastly, I got my second major acquisition...Amazing Spider-Man #122. This is the final battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin which culminates in the death of the Green Goblin. Another important issue in the Amazing Spider-Man run
    In a freaky coincidence, ASM #122 is the one I'd kill to get right about now. I had passed on it 2 different times back in the 90's, then when I went back to the comic shop to finally buy it, the shop was gone and replaced with a freakin skate shop that reeked of nouveau hippies.

Heroic Warrior
    Bought a Hello Kitty plush recently.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    I've just entered the world of Revoltechs, and ordering products from Japan.

Asuka's taking over the toys shelves.

A vintage Leatherhead.

Fun moment when he arrived. He and Slash were two favorites back in the day, but I had forgotten for a long time that he even existed. He's in fabulous shape.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    In a freaky coincidence, ASM #122 is the one I'd kill to get right about now. I had passed on it 2 different times back in the 90's, then when I went back to the comic shop to finally buy it, the shop was gone and replaced with a freakin skate shop that reeked of nouveau hippies.
    Well that bites, SonlyF. Just out of curiosity, what was the condition of that issue and what did they want for it back in the 90's?

As for me, I got 3 more comics in the mail starting off with Uncanny X-Men #104 which has a cover imitating the cover of X-Men #1. This issue features a newly reborn Magneto (after being turned into a baby) battling the new X-Men for the first time:

Next I got Uncanny X-Men #101 which is an important issue in the X-Men run because it has the first appearance of Phoenix and has the iconic comic cover:

Lastly, I got the third major comic acquisition in the form of Uncanny X-Men #94. This is, in my opinion, the 3rd most important issue in the original X-Men series (after X-Men #1 and Giant Size X-Men #1) as it has the new X-Men's second overall appearance and the first in the regular series. Since issue #67, all the X-Men comics had been reprints of previous X-Men comics. This issue launched renewed interest in the X-Men and catapaulted them into their new era of popularity. This issue has the new X-Men battling Count Nefaria and his Ani-Men after they have taken over NORAD and threaten to launch the U.S.'s entire arsenal of nuclear weapons unless all the countries of the world pay their ransom.

After this comic and Amazing Spider-Man #121-#122, I have exhausted my self-imposed monthly comic book spending limit. I hadn't thought I'd be able to win high-end comic books for yet another 2-3 months but luckily these 3 comics (plus X-Men #101) were there for the taking. However, as such, I probably won't have another comic book for another 3-4 weeks. Yet, I am very glad to have these books in my possession.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 20, 2012 at 09:06pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

hashbrown MotU VS. DC Andy Adams's Avatar
    Ok I'm jealous of your physical comic collection, i got tired of losing out on auctions to get my x-men set complete so just went ahead and bought the dvd-rom edition. Not the same but still fun to read ..and print off images.

40_years_of_x-men.jpg
    Dolph He-man, Langella Skeletor, Exclusive God Skeletor, Karg, Lubic, Shock Troopers.

Join the movement, Movie figures sub for two thousand x-teen.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well that bites, SonlyF. Just out of curiosity, what was the condition of that issue and what did they want for it back in the 90's?
    I don't vividly recall the condition, but the hazy remembrance recalls it being probably in the very fine to fine range. At the time, it was $50 bucks even. The only reason I passed was because I was still in high school and that would've used all the spending money I had at the time, hindsight being 20/20 I should've took the hit.

Plus my newest item is Amazing Spider-Man #54, so now I have that to look forward to. It was an EBay win that looks to be pretty decent. The guy put it at a 5.5, but we'll see. Either way for only $17 bucks, it can't be bad.

*update* the ASM was listed as 5.0 and I forgot to mention that I picked up another copy of Secret Wars #8. I thinkee one to read and one to grade.
    Last edited by Stinkor's Only Fan; August 21, 2012 at 03:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Parker View Post
    Ok I'm jealous of your physical comic collection, i got tired of losing out on auctions to get my x-men set complete so just went ahead and bought the dvd-rom edition.
    Don't worry, KP. You'll complete your X-Men set. Just keep at it. What would you consider a complete X-Men set if you don't mind me asking?

I don't vividly recall the condition, but the hazy remembrance recalls it being probably in the very fine to fine range. At the time, it was $50 bucks even. The only reason I passed was because I was still in high school and that would've used all the spending money I had at the time, hindsight being 20/20 I should've took the hit.
    $50 for that comic seems pretty good. But yeah, I was a college student in the early to mid 90's and I doubt I would have dropped that much coin on the comic, too.

As for me, I just got my Impossible Toys Alicon today. These were the guys that attacked Hot Rod and Kup for their energon goodies:

They are a little pricey but if they are still around a few months from now I might pick up another one (you need an army of these). My only complaint is that mine came with no instruction booklet so I'll have to guess my way through his transformations into beast mode.

So I stopped by the local comic shop (Comix Oasis) yesterday. I hadn't been there in awhile, and don't go often because it is a dangerous place...you know, for my wallet. It's the only comic shop i've been in where the prices are reasonable, and that is more than enough reason to only go there every so often and when I have extra toy cash available.

So naturally I walked out with one thing I was looking for and two other random items! Well okay, one was actually random, and the other was just a bonus.

Finally got the original BAT v2 in good shape with his accessories. I LOVED this figure back in the day, but it belonged to a friend and I never had my own. You'd think I would be happy with the v2.1 figures (technically v4 but still called v2 on the cards; personally called v2.1) because they have an awesome classic paint job 'n all that. Still...this neon monstrosity calls to me in terms of nostalgia and....well, it looks good! I like the neon, and it goes well with the green and black. I knew I would want at least one someday, and now I've got 'em!

Next is a Gobot: Tux. He's a fancy white car that turns into a robot wearing a tophat. I don't really need to explain myself, do I? I randomly ran into a picture of him on some website one time, and I knew I had to have that dapper S.O.B.

Finally, I just bought 'em 'cause he was cheap. I love the Machine Wars planes! I've heard bad things about them, and I can understand why TF fans wouldn't like them....because, well they are just folders. The legs and arms do nothing but fold underneath the plane! They're made to "autotransform" quickly, and they do that by just flipping forward without any other movements. For that reason: I like 'em! It makes them good toys no matter what, because nothing gets in the way of the articulation.

Anyway, I looked him up when I got home: Turns out he's a japanese transformer using the "Thrust" name without any visual nods to the original. He's also from Beast Wars, somehow? Also he calls his gun his "Thrust Gun", and that is hilarious. All around a good buy for five bucks!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Next is a Gobot: Tux. He's a fancy white car that turns into a robot wearing a tophat. I don't really need to explain myself, do I? I randomly ran into a picture of him on some website one time, and I knew I had to have that dapper S.O.B.
    I had a few Go-bots in my day, but I don't remember even seeing this charming fellow.

My latest score:

She refused to stay upright, even with her stand, and her hand popped off the moment I tried to pose her, but a little crazy glue fixed that. I'm not much of a Wonder Woman fan, but this one looked much too like Athena for me to pass up.

Finally got the original BAT v2 in good shape with his accessories...
    You're preaching to the choir. I have a strong affinity for the late 80's-early 90's "neon" era of toys. I don't see what people think is so awful about them. Well, okay, I do. But I don't let that stop my enjoyment. It's not something I wish in an entire toyline, but I think it's fun to have "offbeat" figures like this. And I like this version of the B.A.T as well, the colors somehow work.

Anyway, I looked him up when I got home: Turns out he's a japanese transformer using the "Thrust" name without any visual nods to the original. He's also from Beast Wars, somehow? Also he calls his gun his "Thrust Gun", and that is hilarious. All around a good buy for five bucks!
    So basically when they started showing Beast Wars in Japan they produced two "filler" cartoons which ostensibly were just there to fill the void between the redubbed US seasons. Beast Wars Second (or "Beast Wars II") and Beast Wars Neo. Both are -really- out there in terms of characters and stories, but suffice to say they're a weird, wonderful world totally unlike any of the western Beast franchises...

Anyway, the Beast Wars Second toyline was almost entirely redecos and retools of existing toy molds, which the Predacons being mostly vehicular transformers and the good guys being repainted Beast Wars toys. Your guy there is Thrust, a henchman of the (Beast Wars II) Galvatron and Mega/Gigastorm who was later in-story upgraded to a new powered-up form: Thrustor. In his stronger body he's a slightly altered Dinobot from Beast Wars, but this is his original, vehicle form.

Yeah, sorry for rambling. Cool finds! I do love Tux as well, it always makes me wish they'd gotten to do that Transformers: Animated episode with the homage to him in it when I see him...

a Muppet of a man...
    Not a great pic, but a fun toy... I just picked up Animated Wreck-Gar

Despite being mainly a shellformer, he's a heck of a lot of fun. He reminds me of what was great about that cartoon, and.. he's freakin' Weird Al in toy form!! Who could ask for anything more?!!?!

He's a fancy white car that turns into a robot wearing a tophat. I don't really need to explain myself, do I?
    You do not! More robots should aspire to such formal awesomeness.
    Last edited by Scotward; August 23, 2012 at 10:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    I had a few Go-bots in my day, but I don't remember even seeing this charming fellow.
    He's like some dashing anomaly among robot toys! All of them transform and fight, while Tux here transforms and hangs out in the background with a cigar and a glass of scotch, commenting on the battle.

You're preaching to the choir. I have a strong affinity for the late 80's-early 90's "neon" era of toys. I don't see what people think is so awful about them. Well, okay, I do. But I don't let that stop my enjoyment. It's not something I wish in an entire toyline, but I think it's fun to have "offbeat" figures like this. And I like this version of the B.A.T as well, the colors somehow work.
    Yeah, and the neon is probably why we don't see any newer version of them either! I mean, they could use the same colors for some and maybe tone it down some; one way or another I would love to see a new version of this BAT. Heck, for that matter I wana see ANY new version of a BAT. They made the 25th v1 BAT and stopped there. He's awesome and all, but for awhile there we were getting a new version every so often! The ones during Spytroops and Valor vs Venom were awesome! Now they just keep repainting the 25th v1...

So basically when they started showing Beast Wars in Japan they produced two "filler" cartoons which ostensibly were just there to fill the void between the redubbed US seasons. Beast Wars Second (or "Beast Wars II") and Beast Wars Neo. Both are -really- out there in terms of characters and stories, but suffice to say they're a weird, wonderful world totally unlike any of the western Beast franchises...

Anyway, the Beast Wars Second toyline was almost entirely redecos and retools of existing toy molds, which the Predacons being mostly vehicular transformers and the good guys being repainted Beast Wars toys. Your guy there is Thrust, a henchman of the (Beast Wars II) Galvatron and Mega/Gigastorm who was later in-story upgraded to a new powered-up form: Thrustor. In his stronger body he's a slightly altered Dinobot from Beast Wars, but this is his original, vehicle form.

Yeah, sorry for rambling. Cool finds! I do love Tux as well, it always makes me wish they'd gotten to do that Transformers: Animated episode with the homage to him in it when I see him...
    Crazy! So were those shows not in the past, then? I dunno how planes 'n such get into that story line otherwise, I guess. I've still gotta watch all the way through Beast Wars! I only caught it every so often back in the day, then the last episode I ever saw was Megatron killing the original Optimus and undoing time or something! Needless to say I was a crazy episode to have as your last; though I've looked up what happened since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    You do not! More robots should aspire to such formal awesomeness.
    I know, right? We could use a whole toyline of gentlemanly transforming robots! There will be tophats, fedoras, suits, bowties, and the other items in the car will turn into things like easy chairs, canes, newspapers, and glasses of brandy or scotch. Kids like that stuff, right? These'll sell like hotcakes!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Finally got the original BAT v2 in good shape with his accessories. I LOVED this figure back in the day, but it belonged to a friend and I never had my own. You'd think I would be happy with the v2.1 figures (technically v4 but still called v2 on the cards; personally called v2.1) because they have an awesome classic paint job 'n all that. Still...this neon monstrosity calls to me in terms of nostalgia and....well, it looks good! I like the neon, and it goes well with the green and black. I knew I would want at least one someday, and now I've got 'em!
    This figure is one of my favorites too. I also have the v4 one which was given to me as a gift from a friend. And I have the original BAT as well. Love them BATs.

Finally, I just bought 'em 'cause he was cheap. I love the Machine Wars planes! I've heard bad things about them, and I can understand why TF fans wouldn't like them....because, well they are just folders. The legs and arms do nothing but fold underneath the plane! They're made to "autotransform" quickly, and they do that by just flipping forward without any other movements. For that reason: I like 'em! It makes them good toys no matter what, because nothing gets in the way of the articulation.

This figure is on my list but I just haven’t gotten around to him yet. I have his buddy Dirge.

Crazy! So were those shows not in the past, then? I dunno how planes 'n such get into that story line otherwise, I guess. I've still gotta watch all the way through Beast Wars! I only caught it every so often back in the day, then the last episode I ever saw was Megatron killing the original Optimus and undoing time or something! Needless to say I was a crazy episode to have as your last; though I've looked up what happened since then.
    Beast Wars II was cell frame animated as opposed to the CGI Beast Wars show. It features a different Convoy (Optimus Primal) character who IMO is more reminiscent of G1 Optimus Prime as far as how he acts than the US Beast Wars Optimus Primal. The series takes place way in the future. Takara had Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo produced as filler between seasons of the main Beast Wars show. This series is my favorite version of Beast Wars.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Playmates: Nickelodeon TMNT Leonardo!

Fantastic toy! Leo was/is my favorite but really did not want to get into another toy line (too many and they are never complete! ). However, this is a great sculpt & great quality figure! Great articulation (not too stiff, not too loose: just right!).

I am not too crazy on the Classics line of TMNT, I never liked the turtle figures (vintage). Now, the allies & enemies...I had them all....just never the actual Turtles.

I feel like running back to the store to get them all now! The price point REALLY helps too! BuuuuuUT, I think I am going to limit this collection JUST for The Turtles! It'll be my make up to the vintage turtles. I don't actually like the other figures...Splinter, I'll get him. MAYBE April O'Neil (not really feeling the whole teenage-girl vision, though she does look good with The Turtles).

Yeah, and the neon is probably why we don't see any newer version of them either! I mean, they could use the same colors for some and maybe tone it down some; one way or another I would love to see a new version of this BAT. Heck, for that matter I wana see ANY new version of a BAT. They made the 25th v1 BAT and stopped there. He's awesome and all, but for awhile there we were getting a new version every so often! The ones during Spytroops and Valor vs Venom were awesome! Now they just keep repainting the 25th v1...
    Definitely! I want to see some Eco-Warriors! Star Brigade!

No, BWII and BWNeo were set in the future, although they never really specified on any specific ties with the original Beast Wars cartoon (or Beast Machines). And yeah, what you saw there was the last episode of season 2 of BEast Wars, it's a doozy!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    This figure is one of my favorites too. I also have the v4 one which was given to me as a gift from a friend. And I have the original BAT as well. Love them BATs.
    YES. I've got all the BATs I can manage, save for special con exclusives (which I would also like to nab someday). I want at least one of each, though I've got a bunch of the ones I could easily get, like Spytroops and Valor vs Venom ones (and 25th, of course). I'm hoping someone will not want the Nano BAT from the upcoming subscription line that the Collector's Club is doing; I'm sure someone will be dropping that one.

This figure is on my list but I just haven’t gotten around to him yet. I have his buddy Dirge.
    Neat! I was reading about Thrust on the TF wiki and it sounds like he was the comic relief, of sorts, and Dirge was his comedic partner...so now of course I'm interested in him! Funny how this works out; I buy a random toy 'cause I like the colors and now I want MORE toys because he is partners with someone and they're supposed to be funny!

Beast Wars II was cell frame animated as opposed to the CGI Beast Wars show. It features a different Convoy (Optimus Primal) character who IMO is more reminiscent of G1 Optimus Prime as far as how he acts than the US Beast Wars Optimus Primal. The series takes place way in the future. Takara had Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo produced as filler between seasons of the main Beast Wars show. This series is my favorite version of Beast Wars.
    Okay cool, so I sounds like I don't need to wait until I watch through Beast Wars.

Definitely! I want to see some Eco-Warriors! Star Brigade!
    *sigh* Man...if only. You know how awesome a Star Brigade BAAT would be? That stuff is just dust in the wind...so hard to find fans of those sub-lines. I friggin' LOVED Star Brigade. I dunno, it seems like people are so against G.I. Joe branching out, but...well, I was a fan of the size of figures, so I wanted anything and everything they could shove in there. Same with nowadays: Zombies might not be the best thing for Joe, but I am DANG happy we got on in the line! Who else could have made such a great Joe sized zombie?

No, BWII and BWNeo were set in the future, although they never really specified on any specific ties with the original Beast Wars cartoon (or Beast Machines). And yeah, what you saw there was the last episode of season 2 of BEast Wars, it's a doozy!
    Ah, of course! A season finale; I'm still wondering why I could never catch the next part. I don't think I was watching it during it's original run. Probably reruns 'n all that. Sometimes they show them out of order when they do that. Funny thing is that I wasn't watching the show during it's original run, but I was getting the toys! Maybe not a ton, but they were the first time I was really happy with a Transformer, at the time.

Just got
    summer fun lemon,cherry jam,plum and orange from ssc(major discount from k-mart) as well as spin and spakle dora(blue)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

He's like some dashing anomaly among robot toys! All of them transform and fight, while Tux here transforms and hangs out in the background with a cigar and a glass of scotch, commenting on the battle.

I know, right? We could use a whole toyline of gentlemanly transforming robots! There will be tophats, fedoras, suits, bowties, and the other items in the car will turn into things like easy chairs, canes, newspapers, and glasses of brandy or scotch. Kids like that stuff, right? These'll sell like hotcakes!
    I guarantee if we created a good comedy show around this premise the toys would sell like mad!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Whatever this is.

Heroic Warrior
    Kinda looks like the Snow Monster from Empire Strikes Back.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Phil, my husband and I have that. It's from Hot Wheels, IIRC.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Is it a Star Wars item, or just a random monster? It has a battery compartment in the back and a button on the chest that opens his mouth. The battery cover looks like a watch battery, but it is dead. I'm assuming he roars.