Page 38 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Got a pair of these-

I need to do some work though... a few minor paint touch-ups on a few spots, and replacing the foam ear pads. But as tempted as I was to cut the cord off, I'll leave it attached. They're not stellar headphones(the cheapo Family Dollar pair I have is better) but will be useful if I need emergency headphones. Though trying to put them on a shelf with that giant cord thing attached is a bit annoying. But they were cheap too.

Just watch though, one of the cords will accidentally rip out or something when I drop one of the figures.

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    Marvel Legends: Dark Wolverine (masked version)
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a trio of comics this weekend starting with Transformers #61 which has features the intro of Primus , creator of the Transformers, as well as his origin, the origin of Unicron and of the Transformers.

Next I got Uncanny X-Men #37 where the X-Men go in search of Professor Xavier who was kidnapped by Factor Three. In the ensuing search, the X-Men are captured and are put on trial whereby they are judged by a jury consisting of their greatest enemies: The Blob, Mastermind, The Vanisher and Unus the Untouchable with The Changeling overseeing the trial.

Finally, I got Amazing Spider-Man #119 in which Spidey travels to Canada and battles the Hulk:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I got the Lego Haunted Mansion for my birthday. It is absolutely amazing!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I got the Lego Haunted Mansion for my birthday. It is absolutely amazing!
    Nah, it's not that amazing. Probably just taking up room in your house. I'll drive over and take it off your hands, you'll be glad to be rid of it. You're welcome.

Seriously, that thing is really cool. Congrats!

Haha. Thanks! Now my next project is to extend the fence all the way around the house (it only comes with a front gate setup) and to find some little battery operated LED lights for the inside so that when it is closed on display it will emit an eerie glow.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Try LEGO light bricks. They have press bricks & the ones with rods. Lego Harry Potter's Hagrids Hut has the push kind that I think would be great. You can push a rod from the outside to light the inside. Of course DYI works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Haha. Thanks! Now my next project is to extend the fence all the way around the house (it only comes with a front gate setup) and to find some little battery operated LED lights for the inside so that when it is closed on display it will emit an eerie glow.
    Let me know what kinda fence you end up building; my wife got the house too and we're trying to think of a way to fence the whole thing. Won't be able to for awhile, but we'd like to build a town (using the modular buildings 'n such) and that Haunted House needs to be included!

Anyway, BUYING THINGS:

Meijer recently decided to actually clearance things, so I got the Kre-O Optimus for fifteen bucks, mostly for these:

Now my baby Seekers are complete with Skywarp!

Next, a superfluous superhero:

He was down to 6 bucks or thereabouts, so I got 'em. Dunno why, because I'm trying to get rid of most of my 6 inch superheros, but...man, flaming skull! I'm weak to anything skeleton related (and he was cheap).

Finally, I found two of the latest Cyberverse (or whatever they call the little TFs) guys:

Ultra Magnus is cool, but I was expecting a bit more from him. His shoulders are really loose, and when you move his legs forward they pop off the hip joints. Thankfully the leg thing was fixed by shaving off plastic above the ball (the hips run into the body there and pop off) but the arms are still too loose to hold the heavy hammer all that well.

I wanted to avoid this guy, but I like matching planes. Dreadwing was so cool anyway, so I was glad to have a repaint of a good mold, at least. Also, he comes with different weapons! I'm happy I got 'em.
    Last edited by Alexx; September 18, 2012 at 01:08pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Avengers 6" Hawkeye, only seen one on the store and figured it was my only chance to get him. Haven't decided if he should be in the main avengers shelf or in the variants section.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    Found a DC Direct Ocean Master in a comic shop clearance bin. I have been looking for him for a while at a very low price, and I finally got him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Finally, I found two of the latest Cyberverse (or whatever they call the little TFs) guys:
    I'm avoiding that scale as well, but Ultra Magnus looks cool. From what I hear, his full-size version is pretty neat as well, when that shows up.

Nice finds, Alexx!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm avoiding that scale as well, but Ultra Magnus looks cool. From what I hear, his full-size version is pretty neat as well, when that shows up.

Nice finds, Alexx!
    Actually I'm not avoiding the little guys, I'm trying to stick to JUST them! They're a much cheaper way to get my TF fix (and takes less space) while still getting a fun transformation (and I also get translucent weapons!). I'm trying my best to stay away from the standard sized ones save for the really cool ones. Otherwise, I'll be just adding to the pile that I can't seem to sort through and be rid of. I keep going through past figures, but I can't seem to let go of them (regardless of just keeping them in the tub and not touching them often). I need to pare down my TFs to just my top favorite versions of characters.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Picked up the new Warrior Predator - LOVE the mask and translucent blue green skin tone.

Actually I'm not avoiding the little guys, I'm trying to stick to JUST them! They're a much cheaper way to get my TF fix (and takes less space) while still getting a fun transformation (and I also get translucent weapons!). I'm trying my best to stay away from the standard sized ones save for the really cool ones. Otherwise, I'll be just adding to the pile that I can't seem to sort through and be rid of. I keep going through past figures, but I can't seem to let go of them (regardless of just keeping them in the tub and not touching them often). I need to pare down my TFs to just my top favorite versions of characters.
    Oh dear, I totally misread your post. Sorry about that!

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 7 inch Action Figure - Ezio (Onyx Costume Unhooded). This is mine that I just got.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I need to pare down my TFs to just my top favorite versions of characters.
    Madness! If anything, you need more Transformers, Alexx-ia! Them's the good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Oh dear, I totally misread your post. Sorry about that!
    Fight! Fight! Fight!

Personally, I got 2 more comics in the mail today. The first is the Silver Age beauty, Amazing Spider-Man #44 which marks the second appearance of the Lizard and the third appearance of Mary Jane Watson. In this issue, Curt Conners turns into the Lizard while waiting for his wife and his son at Grand Central Station. Peter Parker happens to be there as well to see Aunt May off for her medical vacation. Seeing Mrs. Conner being distraught, Peter changes into Spidey and offers his assistance. Therein ensues a battle royale between him and the Lizard.

Then I got my fourth "major" acquisition in Amazing Spider-Man #129 that has the first appearance of the Jackal and the first appearance of the gun-toting, skull-loving vigilante of extreme justice, the Punisher. The story has the Jackal employing the Punisher to kill Spider-Man who has been implicated in the death of Norman Osborn. This is another comic I didn't even think I would ever own and it brings me great enjoyment that now I finally do.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 19, 2012 at 08:34pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

my TMNT Classic Donatello arrived today, one week earlier then expected, and he is free of derpy eyes

I got two more Silver Age Spidey comics in today starting with Amazing Spider-Man #48. In this issue a dying Vulture reveals the hiding place of his flying suit to his cellmate, Blackie Drago in the hopes that Blackie will kill Spider-Man. Once the secret is given, Blackie reveals that it was he that orchestrated the accident that was responsible for the Vulture's current state. Laughing that he's duped the Vulture, Blackie promptly proceeds to escape from prison and dons the flying suit. He starts a crime spree in New York City that attracts the attention of Spider-Man. However, Spidey is ill with a fever and is easily beaten by the new Vulture who leaves the unconscious Spider-Man on a snow-covered rooftop to freeze to death.

Second, I got Amazing Spider-Man #49 in which a groggy Spidey wakes up after the fight with Vulture II. It seems that the snow had the opposite effect on Spidey reviving him instead of finishing him off. Weak from fever, Spider-Man goes home to get some rest. Meanwhile while Peter is resting at home, the Vulture II continues to loot at will which attracts the attention of Kraven the Hunter. Infuriated that the new Vulture seems to have killed Spider-Man, he vows to battle the Vulture. Tracking the Vulture down, Kraven attacks him and draws him into an exhibition center where he has constructed net traps preventing the Vulture II from flying away. After, his rest, Spidey feels better and sets out to take down the Vulture and Kraven whose exploits have been reported on the news. Of course, Spidey defeats them both in the end and swings off home to his Aunt May.

Alexx, where did you find the Space Ghost figure from Jazwares? Who else was made from the Hanna Barbera line?
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I got a few things over the weekend and today. First off I got Uncanny X-Men #25 where the X-Men face off against central American bad man El Tigre and his 2 indigeneous cohorts.

Then I got the earliest Spider-Man comic I have acquired to date, Amazing Spider-Man Annual #2. It features reprints of stories from Amazing Spider-Man #1, #2 and #5 plus it has a new story featuring Doctor Strange and the first appearance of evil doer, Xandu.

I also got 2 Transformers issues, #65 and #70. Issue #65 has the Autobots Grimlock, Bumblebee and Jazz searching for the Creation Matrix on a distant planet. Thunderwing and the Decepticons are also on the planet looking for it as well. However, the Matrix has mutated a creature into something quite deadly and it isn't too eager to let the Matrix go.

And in issue #70 Megatron and Ratchet are fused into one being after a botched interdimensional portal jump. The creature runs rampant on the Autobot's shuttle and Optimus Prime must decide to destroy the creature and his friend Ratchet or endanger his entire crew and risk their destruction.

On the figure front, I got the new Marvel Select Ultron. Honestly, I'm a little disappointed in it. It seems a little too basic. After being wowed by The Abomination, Juggernaut and Magneto, this version of Ultron just doesn't have enough detail for me. I mean, it's not a bad figure. It's just...there.

I have been working on a collection of vintage ninja turtles for the past month or so. This collection is a tribute to my now deceased mom.

Here is what I have so far, not counting a few items in transit.

I got Amazing Spider-Man #105 where Spidey has to face another Spider Slayer built by Professor Smythe for J.J. Jameson. Defeated by the new robot, Smythe catches a glimpse of Spidey unmasked.

Then I got the latest wave of Marvel Universe figures:

I was hoping to get Paper Bag Spidey instead of the white costume version but I wasn't fortunate enough. Other than that I am fully pleased with this wave even though there is only one villain in the wave (Kang).

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Does this count? I picked up an eight point buck

487553_10100253358654333_531909517_n.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Flea Market gems

I am always surprised when Star Wars figures exist past the usual glut of Obi, Anakin, and random side characters with two seconds of screen time in the background half hidden behind a box of Womp Rat Nibblets. Anyway, I found Darth MALGUS, which I assume can only be correctly pronounced while gargling jello. Not that it's hard to pronounce, it's just...I dunno, sounds like a name you need to juice up. Anyway, he's neat! Kinda wish he didn't have the cut joint hips, but he's got enough to work with. Love the extra cape 'n hood, too!

AANNND more Playmobil blind-bag guys. That clear robot is the BEST. His head even glows in the dark! I swear they made that one just for me.