Page 43 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3331

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I can't top the awesomeness of the latest Picarmy adventure
    Nothing can

Ultimate Scorpion is not the version of the character I would have wanted (this Scorpion is a clone of Peter Parker...
    That story doesn't do much for me, but the design is cool. Don't put your eye out with the firing missle.

this Goblin looks awesome sculpt-wise!
    Nice upgrade! I like your new one a lot more!

Snappy Threader
    I was able to snag the Toys R Us free Undertaker and added to my collection with Rowdy Roddy Piper, Cowboy Bob Orton, Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff and also found a Defining Moments Stone Cold Steve Austin at TJ Maxx for 9 bucks. 6 elite WWE figs for 50 bucks. Not bad at all.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Bought one of these for $30 shipped after putting up a want ad, I'll have it later this week. One of the best Transfo- no, one of the best toys made. I'm contemplating the 3rd party add-on but am hesitant to drop $20 on a set of decorative jet engines and a saw.

r_leader-starscream-048.jpg

tru mp optimus prime! $60 cash and about $60 worth of tf's that i didn't want anymore.
    "Evil, it's just so much easier." Exclu-DEAD
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Perhaps you can't, but the Picarmy is already plotting with or without your consent. I'm certain of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps you can't, but the Picarmy is already plotting with or without your consent. I'm certain of it.

Normally I don't post Comics on this thread… but I'm pretty stoked about these:

I picked up 3 graded Magnus Robot Fighter 4000 AD comics. When I was about 16 Valiant (remember them?) came out with a new Magnus Robot Fighter series, and I really liked it. Then I found out it was based on a 60's series. At the time, I went to this old antique book shop to buy comics… a guy in his late 70's ran it, and he kept comics just to keep himself entertained between book sales. Luckily for me, he had TONS of old 60's comics for cheap prices and I bought a lot of Magnus and Doctor Solar comics and 60s and 70s Fantastic Four comics. At the time though, I *knew* I'd never be able to afford the first issue. I was wrong. I picked this really nice #1 up, along with several others from the same dealer. The only problem is: I can't read them since they're sealed and graded Now I just need to find some place to put t

Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    Normally I don't post Comics on this thread… but I'm pretty stoked about these:
    I own the Swedish edition of those first few Magnus issues. It's a really fun series, very crazy 1960's sci-fi. It reminds me a lot of the early Legion of Super-Heroes stories, that type of thing. Doctor Solar is quite fun as well, but the silver age version was of course a very generic superhero, and nothing was ever made of how monstrously powerful he could be. You should also consider looking at the old Turok, son of stone series. Another enjoyable romp.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    Normally I don't post Comics on this thread… but I'm pretty stoked about these: The only problem is: I can't read them since they're sealed and graded
    Yeah, I hear ya, mahuti. I'm the type of person who likes to read his comics. That's why I never buy any CGC/PGX sealed comics.

I just got my earliest Spider-Man comic to date, issue #29. This features the second appearance of the Scorpion which has him breaking out of prison to seek revenge on Spider-Man and J. Jonah Jameson. Spider-Man learns about Scorpion's escape and tries to draw him out by appearing out in the open in front of crowds. However, the Scorpion sees this as an opportunity to attack an alone and vulnerable Jameson. Spider-Man soon realizes his mistake and rushes to the offices of the Daily Bugle just in time to save Jameson. A battle ensues in the offices and on the rooftop of the Daily Bugle. Eventually, Spidey drops Scorpion in the Hudson River and overpowers the Scorpion.

Then I got Amazing Spider-Man #33 which is the final issue of a 3-issue story-arc featuring Doctor Octopus and a sick Aunt May (when isn't she ill?). This issue starts off with Spidey trapped under large machinery after a huge battle against Doctor Octopus in his underwater base. The battle leaves the base damaged and flooding quickly. Spider-Man pushes himself to his limits to escape a watery grave and to retrieve the ISO-36 which holds the key to save Aunt May's life (who is dying due to blood poisoning after receiving a tranfusion of Peter's irradiated blood). Digging deep to save Aunt May's life, Spidey lifts the machinery off himself and fights off the remnants of Doc Ock's men despite being badly injured and exhausted. He then take the ISO-36 to Dr. Curt Conners who makes the serum to cure Aunt May's blood poisoning. Spidey drops off the antidote at hospital and Aunt May is saved.

Finally I got one of the TRU exclusive comic packs in, Wolverine/She-Hulk. This set has variants from the 80's X-Men Vs. Avengers limited series. I bought this set for She-Hulk as I was used to this costume as a comic reader/collector in the 80's. This figure does not disappoint. I love it! It did come with a slightly wobbly neck joint but nothing too bad. All I got to say is that She-Hulk had to wax constantly to wear this uniform. The Wolverine figure? What can I say? Another variant. Although I did like this version's look, he came with super loose ball/hip joints. He went straight to the needy chlldren.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 14, 2012 at 11:22pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Sweet benny, finally you get a Wolverine! I know you've been dying to get a figure of him. And a Spider-Man. And an Iron man!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Finally I got one of the TRU exclusive comic packs in, Wolverine/She-Hulk. This set has variants from the 80's X-Men Vs. Avengers limited series. I bpought this set for She-Hulk as I was used to this costume as a comic reader/collector in the 80's. This figure does not disappoint. I love it! It did come with a slightly wobbly neck joint but nothing too bad. All i got to say is that She-Hulk had to wax constatntly to wear this uniform.
    That's the reason why I got this pack. I like this She-Hulk's outfit better than her modern costume.

The Wolverine figure? What can I say? Another variant. Although I did like this version's look, he came with super loose ball/hip joints. He went straight to the needy chlldren.
    Needy children? I thought you were Evil?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's the reason why I got this pack. I like this She-Hulk's outfit better than her modern costume.

Max, they're evil needy children Of course giving to them is somewhat of a paradox
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Warrior
    Did some christmas shopping today. Here's what I got:

-Rainbow Dash t-shirt for my friend
    -Fleece blanket featuring Giant Size X-men on it ($5 off sale at Spencers).

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Sweet benny, finally you get a Wolverine! I know you've been dying to get a figure of him. And a Spider-Man. And an Iron man!
    I know, Sandy! Those Iron Man/Spider-Man/Captain America/Wolverine variants are so few and far between! Their rarity astounds me!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Well, WE'RE evil, MegaMaxi. Don't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Max, they're evil needy children Of course giving to them is somewhat of a paradox
    ~RK
    Actually, I'm the reason those kids are needy so I am did the evil deed. However, by giving only one toy between many children means I cause even more strife and dissension among their ranks. Come on, people! It's about layers! Like onions!

As for me, I got the latest wave (wave 7) of the Star Wars Vintage card series. I love the Royal Guard and Weequay (two of my favorite toys from childhood). I got a soft spot for Nein Numb as well...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heroic Warrior
    Did some more Christmas shopping. I got a Mint in Box Irwin 2000 6" Sailor Moon doll for $17.
    Last edited by Burtonnut; November 16, 2012 at 12:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I know, Sandy! Those Iron Man/Spider-Man/Captain America/Wolverine variants are so few and far between! Their rarity astounds me!
    Well, fortunately there's some repaint gift sets out right now which have more Spideys, Wolverines, Iron Men and Captain Americas. Maybe you should get those!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    USPS had some stuff for me today

picked up a marvel legends Hope Summers figure a minute ago... not familiar with the character, but when they originally released the ML line I collected all of the X characters, so I picked her up today.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

I got the second Marvel Universe 2-pack of the 80's X-Men vs. Avengers limited series: Captain America and Magneto. I was looking forward to the version Magneto included in this set although it wasn't his best incarnation. I got it because it was one, although not exactly replicated, I was familiar with and wanted to own it. I had high hopes that were quickly dashed onced opened the package. As I was trying to free Magneto from his plastic tray, his foot broke off at the peg.

I was a little disappointed to say the least. But I got some superglue and glued his foot back again. I did notice however that there's is something wrong with that foot peg. The other foot did not want to move and I didn't want to apply any real force lest I break that foot as well. Also, this Magneto has a giraffe neck. It's not as noticeable when he has his cape on but once it's off, boy! It looks like Magneto is doing a Mr. Fantastic impersonation. I really hope the crappy foot peg was only a problem with the set I got and not a widespread problem.

[QUOTE=Benedict Judas Hel;3158623] I did notice however that there's is something wrong with that foot peg. The other foot did not want to move and I didn't want to apply any real force lest I break that foot as well. [/url]

Hey Benny, sorry to hear about that. The best solution to joints that are stuck to the point where you're afraid to apply force to them is to boil some water and dip the figure in it. Whatever hardened paint, glue residue or other thing is gumming it up usually dissolves. If a joint remains stuck after boiling it's best not to try and move it again, as it may be permanently broken. I know this won't help with the broken foot on your Magneto, but I thought I'd offer some advice for other problems.

Mach Speed MyBuds Metal Ear Buds

$5 at Kmart. These are fantastic headphones

Berry bitty cafe(ssc)
    a lil sprout(cpk)
    coco calypso(bandai ssc)
    a strange yellow star
    a strange pillow with a bottle attach to it.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Hey Benny, sorry to hear about that. The best solution to joints that are stuck to the point where you're afraid to apply force to them is to boil some water and dip the figure in it. Whatever hardened paint, glue residue or other thing is gumming it up usually dissolves. If a joint remains stuck after boiling it's best not to try and move it again, as it may be permanently broken. I know this won't help with the broken foot on your Magneto, but I thought I'd offer some advice for other problems.
    Thanks for the advice, Sandy. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), this version of Magneto has a cape that is longer than his legs. So, he doesn't really need to have proper feet placement to stand correctly.

I got the last Marvel Universe 2-pack: Falcon and Captain America. Once again, I got this for the 70's/80's version of the Falcon. I am so glad that they didn't do the first appearance green/yellow costume monstrosity version. Predictably, I love this version of Falcon. Could do without the extra version of Captain America but it's a small price to pay for the Falcon.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Got the other TF Generations War for Cybertron Combaticons yesterday - I really dig them - they're brightly colored and all, but they just make me feel like I'm seven again. Also picked up ASM Movie Lizard, and finally got a TF DOTM Wheeljack.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    got my kid for his birthday the new tmnt van/subway car thing.... it's pretty basic for $35 imo. I thought that there was more to it, but he loves it so I guess it was worth it. I also got him shredder and krang, and found some 4" thunder cats figures at a different store, got him lion o, tygra, their pops and mumra. tygra's legs are on backwards (factory screw up) they are not able to boil and pop so I guess he will stay that way.

A big plush Super Mario.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."