Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3335

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Fall of Cybertron Brawl.

Five Below got more DOTM triple-changers in. This time they got wave 3, which I have not been able to find at retail over the past three months or so. Very happy to finally find them in quantity at rock bottom pricing. I walked out with a huge bag full of them
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; January 19, 2013 at 02:53pm.

So anyway, Legos.

As chronicled earlier in this thread, Scotward sent me a "secret santa" gift in the form of a Lego set, unaware (or uncaring) that it might once again rekindle my long-dormant interest in tiny plastic bricks. Lego was probably the definitive toy of my formative years, and now I'm all interested again. Not to the point of just going out and buying tons of stuff, mind you. My personal funds are way inadequate for that.

But I did find out there was a privately owned Lego store in the greater Stockholm area, and so...

Spyrius was a Lego Space subtheme that I missed, as it happened just after I stopped wanting Legos as a kid. I always liked the looks of the black and red sets though, so I picked up the smaller robot.

As well as the "budget" sized UFO, which I think is really neat. Another reason I love the Spyrius theme is that in English-speaking markets they were pretty much passed off as being space communists. The Robot pilot is even named Major Kartofski or something similarly ridiculous.

I also picked up the small M-Tron speeder. Another good-looking subtheme from the early 90's.

After that, I went off to scour the toy stores at the local mall complex. This proved to be less fruitful, as most things I saw didn't appeal to me. But I did find a store that still had a single Pharaoh's Quest set on the shelf, from way back in 2011. Pharaoh's Quest appeals to me due to the Egyptian theme (always been a big Egyptian buff) and the fun-looking creatures in the set.

This one is just an adventurer, his equipment, and a big, awesome-looking scarab. But it all looks great, comes with great accessories... I love it. Now to try and find the mummy airplane attack set...

Finally, another vice. Collectible minifigures. I picked these up while the post-christmas sale was still going at my local toystore, they're a mix between wave 5 and wave 6. I got an extra Minotaur too, not pictured. I'm pretty happy with the figures I got! I love the historical ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Scotward sent me a "secret santa" gift in the form of a Lego set, unaware (or uncaring) that it might once again rekindle my long-dormant interest in tiny plastic bricks.
    A simple gesture of kindness has resulted in me being an enabler for a documented brick addict.

Does anyone else like Bot Shots? I thought I would regret buying them, but... not at all.

I think they bring back memories of the old dukes of hazzard wrist racers -- a personal favorite of mine

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2013Jan004.jpg

I also picked up the small M-Tron speeder. Another good-looking subtheme from the early 90's.
    M-Tron was awesome. I still have some of my old sets (they are boxed up and put away, but they are at least mostly intact). Amongst them is the Multi-Core-Magnetizer. That thing was awesome!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

So anyway, Legos.

As chronicled earlier in this thread, Scotward sent me a "secret santa" gift in the form of a Lego set, unaware (or uncaring) that it might once again rekindle my long-dormant interest in tiny plastic bricks. Lego was probably the definitive toy of my formative years, and now I'm all interested again. Not to the point of just going out and buying tons of stuff, mind you. My personal funds are way inadequate for that.

But I did find out there was a privately owned Lego store in the greater Stockholm area, and so...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2013Jan001.jpg

Spyrius was a Lego Space subtheme that I missed, as it happened just after I stopped wanting Legos as a kid. I always liked the looks of the black and red sets though, so I picked up the smaller robot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2013Jan003.jpg

As well as the "budget" sized UFO, which I think is really neat. Another reason I love the Spyrius theme is that in English-speaking markets they were pretty much passed off as being space communists. The Robot pilot is even named Major Kartofski or something similarly ridiculous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2013Jan004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2013Jan005.jpg

After that, I went off to scour the toy stores at the local mall complex. This proved to be less fruitful, as most things I saw didn't appeal to me. But I did find a store that still had a single Pharaoh's Quest set on the shelf, from way back in 2011. Pharaoh's Quest appeals to me due to the Egyptian theme (always been a big Egyptian buff) and the fun-looking creatures in the set.

This one is just an adventurer, his equipment, and a big, awesome-looking scarab. But it all looks great, comes with great accessories... I love it. Now to try and find the mummy airplane attack set...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...2013Jan006.jpg

Finally, another vice. Collectible minifigures. I picked these up while the post-christmas sale was still going at my local toystore, they're a mix between wave 5 and wave 6. I got an extra Minotaur too, not pictured. I'm pretty happy with the figures I got! I love the historical ones!
    OH MAN, I love that old Spyrius stuff! I had that robot and technically still do, I just have to dig out the parts from the Lego Collective. Those (Spyrius and M-Tron and the rest) were directly in my years of Lego buying as a kid. How much did those old sets run you?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

M-Tron was awesome. I still have some of my old sets (they are boxed up and put away, but they are at least mostly intact). Amongst them is the Multi-Core-Magnetizer. That thing was awesome!
    M-Tron came out just as I was getting less interested in Legos. I had the small recon ship with the magnet in the back, I forget the name of it, and that was it. I always liked the color schemes they had for it, though. Just so classic and timeless. I am very much hoping to find the Magnetizer (that's the big multi-wheel tank, isn't it?) and the larger ships sometime. I like that these themes are rather small, so collecting them all is quite possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    OH MAN, I love that old Spyrius stuff! I had that robot and technically still do, I just have to dig out the parts from the Lego Collective. Those (Spyrius and M-Tron and the rest) were directly in my years of Lego buying as a kid. How much did those old sets run you?
    I'm a little bit older than you (I think) so I was actually out of Lego when Spyrius came out. But for some reason I kept collecting the catalogs for years, so I always kept an eye out on what was out. And I always liked the look of Spyrius, Ice Planet, UFO and the other later Space themes.

I paid $30 for those three sets. They had no instructions, but were complete with no wear on any of the printed elements. The only downside is that I somewhow immediately lost the little data-tile that the Robot commander had... and now I can't find it.

I'm a little bit older than you (I think) so I was actually out of Lego when Spyrius came out. But for some reason I kept collecting the catalogs for years, so I always kept an eye out on what was out. And I always liked the look of Spyrius, Ice Planet, UFO and the other later Space themes.

I paid $30 for those three sets. They had no instructions, but were complete with no wear on any of the printed elements. The only downside is that I somewhow immediately lost the little data-tile that the Robot commander had... and now I can't find it.
    Aw 30, seriously? Geeze, every time I look up older Legos from when I was a kid they're friggin' SKY HIGH in terms of prices. Legos just keep going up in price every few minutes, I think. I'd love to get some Ice Planet and Blacktron that I missed from those times. Especially Space Police; the green ones.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Aw 30, seriously? Geeze, every time I look up older Legos from when I was a kid they're friggin' SKY HIGH in terms of prices. Legos just keep going up in price every few minutes, I think. I'd love to get some Ice Planet and Blacktron that I missed from those times. Especially Space Police; the green ones.
    The store owner had sky high prices on everything except M-Tron and Spyrius. Classic/Futuron vehicles he wanted like $75-100 a pop for. I guess he just thought that after 1991 there was less interest. He did have the Spyrius base, though, I kinda am considering getting it (even if it is not that great).

Hit the Target Clearance section and got SLUG Zombies Series 2,4, and the Christmas Wave for about $10 total

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Marvel Universe 3 1/4 size figures.
    I'm still very disappointed with the face detail & paint. most of these characters are kind of disappointing as collectors items.
    I think I'm just going to give up & sell what I have.
    the stores in my area don't sell any of the new its just the same figures that no one wants. on e-bay they are to much. same gos for the retail prices now.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    My first pink ranger has arrived and she is awesome!!

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I got a bunch more of Bot Shots and More mini Skate boards...

I now have 8 of the 12.

Been awhile since I posted in this thread, so a lot of new stuff has been obtained. Here's the highlights:

The Fall of Cybertron guys have really caught my eye, so I've been getting those when I see 'em. I wasn't going to get Prime originally, since I have the War for Cybertron one...but MAN I don't regret it. Way way WAY better than the WfC one. In fact, I'm getting rid of the WfC one and replacing him with this one. Jazz is cool, but not as good a Prime.

I was also not gona get Soundwave because I have the smaller WfC one...but DANG I love the fact that you can put the discs in him and pop them out! It doesn't work all the time, but it works often enough for me. I of course got all the discs as well, though the flying ones are arguably the best. Ravage is sadly the worst, but at least he pops out in a menacing half-transformed state. Soundwave himself is awesome, though I'm still keeping the smaller one 'cause he's a favorite character.

Just found this today! I've been waiting for the new wave, but everyone keeps putting out fresh cases of wave 1. This guy was all by himself at a Wal-Mart, so I missed all the others...but that ain't bad, 'cause I would have bought them and it's nice to keep it simple at the moment. Anyway, I LOVE the sword! So cool that it separates and fits over the gun. Really cool interactivity.

Got two dwarves, and plan to get all of them eventually. They're good, though the legs are near useless (thought they are articulated). As expected, if I want to keep Dwalin's axes on his back, it'll bend the handles. Not a huge thing, since his hammer stays back there okay.

Found these two newer guys by some stroke of luck. Having a heck of a time finding ANY of these!

Another stroke of luck landed me a chance at this guy, so I got 'em. My first Juggernaut figure, actually! Really cool, and I'm glad I got 'em. I have no idea why he's screaming "Cheetos."

In Sonic news, I picks up the Chaotix, regardless of having no real nostalgic tie to them. I have been seeing them in various publications over the years though, so that's good enough. Charmy Bee is the best in the set, strangely enough. Vector is cool, and Espio would be awesome if his arms and legs weren't SO long.

Also got Blaze the Cat 'cause I thought she was cool in Sonic Rush.

Next, I splurged a bit on this guy not long ago 'cause OH MAN. Always wanted a figure of Tekkaman Blade, though I only knew him as Teknoman for the longest time. They brought the anime to the states in the 90's (obviously calling it Teknoman) and I loved the heck out of it, but was unfamiliar with anime, so I thought it was just another toon, and was thus confused that they never made any toys. Well FAAAAST forward to now and I finally have a representation of this guy in figure form!

Also my first Figma. Next in the Figma line would have been Samus Aran, but she has mysteriously fled online stores (to the best of my knowledge) and goes for near 200 on amazon, so I dunno what to do. I usually wait around for expensive figures like this and pick 'em up whenever, but Samus somehow went WAY up. Dunno what happened.

Anyway, finally:

Got what I want out of series 9 of the lego minifigures! Doubles are either for extra parts or 'cause they're cool.

There! All caught up (for the most part).

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Thanks to our very own Bbq17, I was able to add 3 more villains to my DC Unlimited collection: Darkseid, Lashina and Mantis.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

What Tekkaman Blade figure is that from?

Anyway, I also got these guys today:

Space Godzilla - He is pretty awesome. The sculpt is amazing, but I am going to nitpick in that I don't like how loose his legs and tail pieces are. It just feels like they are going to spin off even though I know they want. I do love the posseability though, but I hate how the stand piece keeps popping out of the hole on the crystal base. Outside of those thing, this figure rocks. BTW, I cannot even look at my Bandai Creation vinyl of him anymore. It just looks so... pitiful. I'll probably be giving it away in our next anime meet-up group dinner.

MechaGodzilla - This one is probably my least favorite of the four I have. Overall, he is cool, but I have issues with him. First off, his legs are loose, extremely loose. I'm pretty sure it is due to the weight of the die-cast in the feet, but whenever I lift him up, his thigh joints just droop downward. The other issue I have is I feel like I am going to break him whenever I take his head and tail off to put him into the flying pose due to how much force I need to get them off. I also wished he had a better range of motion in his arms, but whatever. Now I need to some day get Garuda to complete him.

Ghidorah - Despite him having A LOT of parts that look like they can easily get broken, he is my favorite of the bunch. I just love how massive he is. I can definitely see why people hate the wings however, as my left one is not properly placed on his body, so it is kind of stuck at an upward angle. It doesn't look like it is broken, however, so that is a good thing. However, I'm also afraid to really touch the wings because of the hinges breaking outside of moving his wings to be against his back so I could fit him in my display case. I love that he has the three lightning bolts, but man were they a pain to get him in the case with the bolts on the stand. I had no problems with them until then. It's mostly the head farther from my reach that gives me an issue. However, I know the moment I move him, I will never get those things back the way they are in the picture again. Nevertheless, I love this guy. Now I'm really starting to feel that I need to get that Godzilla just for the sake of it being Godzilla. Hopefully I can hold out a little longer to see if they are going to do a different version of him.

Lastly, due to the size of Ghidorah, I'm not sure I am going to get Destoroyah. Not because Destoroyah won't be a great figure, but because I don't think I'm going to have room to fit him into my display case, especially if he is just as big or bigger than Ghidorah.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    That is from the Figma line; I dunno if it's the best choice, but I like 'em. I know there's a few others, but this one seemed like the best one in terms of style (for me).

Also my first Figma. Next in the Figma line would have been Samus Aran, but she has mysteriously fled online stores (to the best of my knowledge) and goes for near 200 on amazon, so I dunno what to do. I usually wait around for expensive figures like this and pick 'em up whenever, but Samus somehow went WAY up. Dunno what happened.
    Wow, her price is even worse than Link's. I think when BBTS had to cancel their orders, it left alot of people out in the cold and led to the demand we're seeing now. Might be best to hope for a re-release at this point. :/
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post

Anyway, I also got these guys today:

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuart...Godzilla04.JPG
    http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuart...Godzilla06.JPG

Space Godzilla - He is pretty awesome. The sculpt is amazing, but I am going to nitpick in that I don't like how loose his legs and tail pieces are. It just feels like they are going to spin off even though I know they want. I do love the posseability though, but I hate how the stand piece keeps popping out of the hole on the crystal base. Outside of those thing, this figure rocks. BTW, I cannot even look at my Bandai Creation vinyl of him anymore. It just looks so... pitiful. I'll probably be giving it away in our next anime meet-up group dinner.

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuart...Godzilla03.JPG
    http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuart...Godzilla10.JPG

MechaGodzilla - This one is probably my least favorite of the four I have. Overall, he is cool, but I have issues with him. First off, his legs are loose, extremely loose. I'm pretty sure it is due to the weight of the die-cast in the feet, but whenever I lift him up, his thigh joints just droop downward. The other issue I have is I feel like I am going to break him whenever I take his head and tail off to put him into the flying pose due to how much force I need to get them off. I also wished he had a better range of motion in his arms, but whatever. Now I need to some day get Garuda to complete him.

http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuart...Ghidorah02.JPG
    http://archivaria.com/DrKain/Figuart...Ghidorah05.JPG

Ghidorah - Despite him having A LOT of parts that look like they can easily get broken, he is my favorite of the bunch. I just love how massive he is. I can definitely see why people hate the wings however, as my left one is not properly placed on his body, so it is kind of stuck at an upward angle. It doesn't look like it is broken, however, so that is a good thing. However, I'm also afraid to really touch the wings because of the hinges breaking outside of moving his wings to be against his back so I could fit him in my display case. I love that he has the three lightning bolts, but man were they a pain to get him in the case with the bolts on the stand. I had no problems with them until then. It's mostly the head farther from my reach that gives me an issue. However, I know the moment I move him, I will never get those things back the way they are in the picture again. Nevertheless, I love this guy. Now I'm really starting to feel that I need to get that Godzilla just for the sake of it being Godzilla. Hopefully I can hold out a little longer to see if they are going to do a different version of him.

Lastly, due to the size of Ghidorah, I'm not sure I am going to get Destoroyah. Not because Destoroyah won't be a great figure, but because I don't think I'm going to have room to fit him into my display case, especially if he is just as big or bigger than Ghidorah.
    In the mechagodzilla group shot, what figure is that on the left? He looks absolutely wicked!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    WST G1 Optimus Prime and G2 Prime

I got Revtech Megatron and Legends class Optimus from Diosoth.

Also got Bluestreak, Hoist, Motorbreath, and Thundercracker from toysrus.com (exclusives).

Lastly, got a bunch more Bot shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    In the mechagodzilla group shot, what figure is that on the left? He looks absolutely wicked!
    Are you referring to the big gone? That is an 8inch vinyal of the MechaGodzilla from Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla and Godzilla Mothra MechaGodzilla Tokyo SOS.

Thanks Dr. Kain. I'm sure the other Mechs have it beat in articulation, but it looks downright bad-ass in comparison.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I just got in Uncanny X-Men #17 in the mail today. This issue has the X-Men recuperating in a hospital tending to wounds they incurred during their battle with Sentinels last issue. Iceman is unconscious and delirous while Beast has an injured foot. However, Professor X senses something amiss and sends Angel back to the X-Mansion to investigate where he is promptly defeated by an unknown assailant. Worried about losing mental contact with Angel, Professor X urges Cyclops to accompany him back to the mansion. There they too are rendered unconscious by the unseen foe. Finally Marvel Girl convinces the newly healed Beast that something is wrong and they head to the mansion as well where they are also beaten. Angel's parents show up at the door to the mansion for a surprise visit and are greeted by the deadliest X-Foe of all, Magneto the Master of Magnetism freshly returned from his intergalactic journey after being abducted by The Stranger in issue #11.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Savage Wolverine 1, Deadpool 4, New Avengers 2 & Minutemen 6
    Plus I got the Nite Owl & Ozymandias issue1 promo posters to give me the full set of 7
    And I got an Avengers 2 pack of mini Mighty Muggs Cap & Red Skull
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!