Page 55 of 151 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3756

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I ended up doing that, just because I really love Wheeljack, so I imported one for about that amount for myself for Christmas. I'd love to get the DOTM Soundwave too, but not enough to shell out the same amount.

Yeah, he looks really nice in vehicular mode. Most of the DOTM cars are black or gray, etc. He's one of the only ones who has a little color going for him. I mostly collected the deluxe's for the mechtech weapons, as well as the fact that they were on clearance lol.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got the Mirror Master/Heat Wave/Flash 3-pack in today (for the villains of course):

And I got the limited edition red chrome piledriver attachments for Masterpiece Red Alert. I know he never had them in the cartoon but I'm a sucker for G1 stuff.

Now, where the chrome attachments were plastic, these are die-cast metal. They are pretty heavy for being so small. Very cool!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 15, 2013 at 11:12am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Damn, Bennie. What do those have like one point of articulation?

I had to get this guy for the transparent canons. He disappeared around here, had to get him off amazon (which is slightly annoying...)

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Lego Star Wars - Rancor Pit
    Lego Star Wars - AT-RT
    Sideshow/Hot Toys - Bossk
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

A Mariokart blind ba..ll where I got a Luigi. And a metal mini Mario Bros. suitcase with some stickers in it.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

Well, I have been a bit quiet for some time, but I'm back with more stuff. Lego stuff! This post goes out especially to Scotward, Alexx and midor who have all been instrumental in these purchases in some way. Thanks for encouraging me to spend more money, guys!

I got a few gift cards for belated christmas gifts, and I was intrigued and horrified to discover one of the stores had started stocking toys (they previously only dealt in computer stuff and vanity items). And so, like the responsible adult I am, I burned the entire card on toys...

First off, I missed out on the Pharaoh's Quest theme when it was still current, despite the fact I have always loved Egyptian stuff. The modern-day Mummy movies only encouraged this love. Fortunately the two sets I wanted the most were still in stock (and on sale!): The Golden Staff Guardians and Flying Mummy Attack.

The Golden Staff one is the smaller of the two, but is really cool. It's basically just three minifigures, a motorbike and a small terrain piece, but it's very well done. The adventurer and his bike (with equipment) evokes the Mummy movies brilliantly, and the mummy figures themselves are just so well-done. Not to mention it's a small set with two badguys in it! Everything about the PQ sets is top-notch!

The Flying mummy attack set is much better, though. I don't know when Lego started designing these amazing era vehicles, but the biplane that comes with this set is really really great. The flying mummies are also very cool, I never expected to see Egyptian-styled wings in Lego. These also come with a hawk headdress instead of the generic one, which reinforces the theme of the set.

So now I own all three of the smaller sets of this theme, and the only one I'd really want at this point would be the Scorpion King's Pyramid set, and that one is expensive....

Alexx made me pull the trigger on this one. I have never given Lego imitator brands any thought (remembering how poor quality many of them are), but this World of Warcraft Mega Bloks set (The Lich King and Sindragosa) was too tempting. I absolutely love the look and design of the undead dragon (Sindragosa). The set consists of the dragon, the Lich King and his sword Frostmourne, and a small diorama piece representing the Frozen Throne of Icecrown Glacier.

The terrain piece is honestly kind of rubbish. The choice of a plain white baseplate was not a good idea in my opinion, as it contrasts and takes away from the blue, translucent pieces. The piece looks decent enough, but it's absolutely not something I'd have paid for if the set had just been this and the minifigure. Arthas himself is a cool little figure, very true to the game models of him. As a Mega Bloks figure he has a lot more joints than a Lego minifig, but he still works fairly well standing alongside them.

Sindragosa is of course the main treat of the set. Well-articulated and well-designed, she's a big old dragon and just looks great. I did have a little problems with a warped piece when assembling her, but it worked out well enough in the end. I just love how they design these dragons, and would definitely be ready to add more to my collection, much to the chagrin of my long-suffering Lego knights.

And speaking of "real" Lego...

The real reason I ended up buying toys instead of other stuff for my gift card is this set: the Lego Medieval Market Village. This is a "prestige" set created for Lego speciality stores and online retailers (like the store I bought it from) and clocks in at over 2600 pieces. It assembles into an inn, a blacksmith shop and a crapload of accessories, furniture, farm animals, lots of minifigures and other stuff. Just look at it!

Each building is fully detailed inside and out, and can be collapsed together or linked with other buildings in Lego's "modular" system. Assembled, the whole thing is the perfect scene for Lego castle-type adventures.

I mean, the real reason I wanted it was so I could have scenes like this:

Mixing and matching figures from any era works so well.

...of course the residents may not be as welcoming to any visitor...

"Sorry about the property damage, ma'am. She was just hungry".

Hope you all enjoyed the pics. Stay tuned for more!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Damn, Bennie. What do those have like one point of articulation?
    Which ones are you talking about, Philly Cheese Steak? The Red Alert piledrivers or the Justice League Unlimited figures? Because the red chrome pile drivers have 0 points of articulation (being accessories) and the DC figures have 5 points of articulation (2 legs/2 arms and 1 head). Yeah, they are pretty much for standing only and some of them don't even do that well.

As for recent acquisitions, I got Reprolabel sticker sheets for Classics Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp and Thunderwing. They looked cool before the stickers but unbelievable look so much better with them.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 15, 2013 at 11:54pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yeah, I meant the DC figures. But the pile drivers are almost as articulated as they are, heh. Still cool, though. You gotta go old school once in a while.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    With the addition of Orcrist, I have now completed my Elder Days collection LOL

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I found this little optimus figure at Big Lots. He comes with a nice little jet pack. Not really sure why 3-D glasses are included

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Not really sure why 3-D glasses are included
    I think it was because the movie had been released in 3D in a few theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I think it was because the movie had been released in 3D in a few theaters.

That would make sense, but the package says they "are not for use in cinemas."

That would make sense, but the package says they "are not for use in cinemas."
    Not too sure but I think there was some other 3D gimmick going too- maybe some website thing Hasbro ran?

Not too sure but I think there was some other 3D gimmick going too- maybe some website thing Hasbro ran?

Yeah, it doesn't give any specifics. It just says "View exclusive 3-D content at Transformers.com." Maybe it was actual movie footage. Definitely seems like kind of a strange thing to include with an action figure.

I think he's pretty cool though -- for a little guy. His legs are kind of annoying. I might pick up the Battle Steel version now, just for more weapons...

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    You! diosoth! It's your fault I bought Cure Black and Cure Aqua! You posted pictures of Pretty Cure figures!

Look at them! Look how cute they are!!

So what I'm trying to say is, thank you diosoth!

Glad you got into them. Try to get a Cure White if you can- she goes with Cure Black, and the holding hand matches her.

Nothing "new" but I got my Twittles out on their shelf, along with an old UFO toy that was hand-made for me when I was a kid.

Got this a couple of weeks ago. Slowly building an 80's toy gun collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    This post goes out especially to Scotward, Alexx and midor who have all been instrumental in these purchases in some way. Thanks for encouraging me to spend more money, guys!
    Glad I could help!

The real reason I ended up buying toys instead of other stuff for my gift card is this set: the Lego Medieval Market Village. This is a "prestige" set created for Lego speciality stores and online retailers (like the store I bought it from) and clocks in at over 2600 pieces. It assembles into an inn, a blacksmith shop and a crapload of accessories, furniture, farm animals, lots of minifigures and other stuff. Just look at it!
    You have a lego duck. And you have a female medieval citizen. You need to build a set of scales and create an angry plastic Lego mob to find out what weighs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post

You have a lego duck. And you have a female medieval citizen. You need to build a set of scales and create an angry plastic Lego mob to find out what weighs more.
    Now I just need a Lego newt.

"What else floats on water?"

Another new old score.

Picked up some boot T-Cats awhile back.058.jpg
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Friend of mine got me this. I am a big Hulkster fan. Vintage shampoo bottle

il_fullxfull.366157850_m8a6.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Been a VERY rough 7-10 days. NO toys purchased, but had to purchase a lot of stuff. There goes the nice tax refund :

• Jeep Broke down = purchased $200 worth of parts to fix myself (dealer wanted to charge $1,200+)
    • Deck tore up due to high winds = purchased $100 worth of lumber to fix myself
    • Computer crashed and I lost almost everything = spent $900 on new computer
    • Wife had bronchitis turn into pneumonia = medical bills haven't come in yet
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope she is feeling better. Try out some of the Transformers Prime Legends figures at Five Below. The translucent weapons are really cool. and they are pretty neat for $3. The Bot Shots are also only $3 there.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Friend of mine got me this. I am a big Hulkster fan. Vintage shampoo bottle

il_fullxfull.366157850_m8a6.jpg

Dirty & oily hair. Whatcha gonna do when the Hulkster and this shampoo run wild on you?

(sorry. couldn't resist.)

Heroic Warrior
    The Amazing Spider-Man K-Mart Exclusive 3 pack of Anti-Venom, Spider-Man, and the Green Goblin.

Marvel Select Spider-Man Fearsome Foes Disney Store Exclusive Box Set: Green Goblin, Spider-Man, Venom, and the Lizard.

Marvel Select Disney Store Exclusive Venom.