Page 67 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3331

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Unreal! What the hell did you do go back in time? So did you pick up all that awesomeness at a show or buy a collection online? Great find, I imagine it wasn't cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Holy crap, where did you get that stuff? Collector liquidating?
    The collection belonged to a deceased family member of the seller. They were just looking to get rid of everything. It was all bought in person.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerFall View Post
    Awesome collections Man-E-Toys.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    The collection belonged to a deceased family member of the seller. They were just looking to get rid of everything. It was all bought in person.

Thanks!
    While I'm happy for your find, that makes me a bit sad. Whoever it was probably loved that collection a lot...

While I'm happy for your find, that makes me a bit sad. Whoever it was probably loved that collection a lot...
    Agreed. The best we can do for our departed collecting brethren is to carry on with our tradition/ritual.

And so I picked up cyberverse Vehicon and Mirage

The Walking Dead Rick Grimes & Michone Comic Book Series 1
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in my PE-11 Scouting Force X Robot set (a.k.a. Reflector):

This is a variation of the previous release to closer resemble the cartoon version of Reflector:

My first thought when looking at this set was "I thought this would be bigger for the money I paid". It is tiny! But after the initial letdown, I was pretty impressed how cool it looked especially after I applied the Reprolables sticker sheet I had bought for him.

A very cool set but may not be everybody's cup of tea for the price.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 16, 2013 at 09:12am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    How are Reprolabels sets, for the most part? I hope they're generally better than the WST sets I purchased. I bought sets for WST Blaster, Soundwave, Hot Rod and Optimus Prime and the quality is bad. They're printed on vinyl and the print is very easy to damage. Scratching the surface will do it, even folding the sticker will do it. The adhesive is good but if you put a decal on crooked, you're not getting it off without damage. Frankly, I think I'm better off with the stickers heerotoysmaker throws in with his WSTs for free than I would be to buy any more of these decal sets.

I wanted to cut a small black square to put onto Soundblaster's door tab, and despite cutting out 4 such squares, they each got damaged on the corners very easily. I eventually ditched that and cut a tiny square of electrical tape instead.

I would almost have to think the print and material quality of most of their sets is far better than the WST sticker sheets, just because people aren't complaining about the print being easy to scratch.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Loving NECA's Prometheus figures, I managed to grab the Deacon as well. He's a very cool xenomorph like creature with some really nice articulation and some of the coolest accessories ever. The only thing I'm not completely sold on is his paint. Check out my review of him here: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/04/...acon-from.html

[IMG][/IMG]

This image has been heavily augmented, but there are more unaltered pictures of the figure in the review.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    How are Reprolabels sets, for the most part? I hope they're generally better than the WST sets I purchased. I bought sets for WST Blaster, Soundwave, Hot Rod and Optimus Prime and the quality is bad. They're printed on vinyl and the print is very easy to damage. Scratching the surface will do it, even folding the sticker will do it. The adhesive is good but if you put a decal on crooked, you're not getting it off without damage. Frankly, I think I'm better off with the stickers heerotoysmaker throws in with his WSTs for free than I would be to buy any more of these decal sets.

I would almost have to think the print and material quality of most of their sets is far better than the WST sticker sheets, just because people aren't complaining about the print being easy to scratch.
    Well, I think the Reprolabels for the Classics and Masterpiece Transformers are excellent and extremely well done. Otherwise I wouldn't keep going back and buying more of them. Now that being said, I've never bought any of their WST sticker sheets (or as they have them on their website, STF) so I can't speak on the quality of those sticker sheets.

But one thing I have learned is that investing in a pair of tweezers has saved me a lot of headache with these tiny stickers. They allow me for more precise sticker placement than my fingers alone could accomplish and therefore don't have to peel stickers off and re-apply them as often.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Agreed. The best we can do for our departed collecting brethren is to carry on with our tradition/ritual.

And so I picked up cyberverse Vehicon and Mirage
    Well if it makes you guys feel any better, it wasn't a young guy. He was in his 70's.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-E-Toys View Post
    Well if it makes you guys feel any better, it wasn't a young guy. He was in his 70's.

That doesn't automatically mean he wasn't into having them -- as any one of us would be even at that age

I picked up cyberverse bulkhead from the beast hunter line. I'm hoping his vehicle mode is better than the deluxe, which I really struggled to transform properly....
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; April 16, 2013 at 03:55pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    That doesn't automatically mean he wasn't into having them -- as any one of us would be even at that age

I picked up cyberverse bulkhead from the beast hunter line. I'm hoping his vehicle mode is better than the deluxe, which I really struggled to transform properly....
    It's nothing to do with that. I just wanted to clarify that he wasn't a young guy like most of us here.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Eject, Rewind, Ramhorn & Sundar.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Wundar_Grayskull View Post
    Transformers Fall of Cybertron: Eject, Rewind, Ramhorn & Sundar.
    You wouldn't happen to be in need of ravage and rumble would you?

Picked up Leatherhead from the Nick TMNT line at Wal-mart. He was the only 'new' figure on the pegs, but the store had some refresh of the original figures, including April and Splinter.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I got in 3 more Crazydevy upgrades for G1 Transformers: CDMW-35 which are bigger and ball-jointed Pirahnacon feet for greater mobility.

CDMW-36 which are larger thigh connectors and waist shield for Predaking.

And CDMW-37 which is a face plate and shoulder attachments for Omega Supreme to closer resemble his cartoon appearance.

Alas, Megatron has to wait till next month. But I'm actually on the fence about getting him.....

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    While I haven't played Bioshock Infinite yet, I did grab the Elizabeth figure from NECA. She is just gorgeous and really well done! I just posted my review of her this morning:http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/04/...infinites.html

el1.jpg

Anyone recognize the foe she's hiding from? For some reason, it just seemed like it would be fun for her to be evading Spydor!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I got in another Legion of Doomer in the form of Justice League Unlimited Deadshot:

And I got Tranformers Generations Hot Spot:

I got RTS Tracks MOC from a tfw2005 board member.

And he is awesome.

I got a Famous Cover Incredible Hulk:

Wow, Benny... that's a Hulk toy that even I didn't buy... did you open it? If so, how does it look out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Wow, Benny... that's a Hulk toy that even I didn't buy... did you open it? If so, how does it look out of the box?
    Actually, I didn't open it, Scooter. This is intended to be a Christmas gift. But here are some pics of what he looks out of the box:

He feels pretty heavy in the box and is bigger than his Famous Covers counterparts. He is also a bit more expensive than most of them as well. You can find alot of the Famous Covers figures for $10-$20. The Hulk cost me $35 + $13 shipping but the other Amazon sellers had him at $40 at the cheapest. So just a fair warning.

2 Leatherhead's, 2 Baxter's, & a Snakeweed from the Nick TMNT line. I collect MOC & loose, so just need 1 more Snakeweed & I can quit hunting for TMNT for a few months.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I found one of these for a price I was comfortable paying