Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3331

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

I got Beast Hunters soundwave and Prowl. Legion class.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a Signature Series Punisher in today.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Picked up the Deathstroke & Green Arrow and Wonder Woman & Solomon Grundy DC Direct Injustice packs at my local comic shop the other day.

Got Jungle Hunter Predator and Jungle Patrol Dutch from toys r us, never thought I'd see let alone own these characters. They are beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

POP Walking Dead's Darryl Dixon
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    heerotoysmaker offered to send me a solid-color unassembled cast of his current WST prototype. I'll get to build it and offer feedback. I won't say what his current prototype is in case he doesn't want it revealed yet but it's not a mold that was done by Takara previously- which means we're still waiting on Megatron and Prowl to get updates.

edit- heero posted a page on his store, it's G2 Laser Optimus Prime

Last edited by diosoth; April 20, 2013 at 07:10am.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in a Famous Covers Carnage today:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    How are Reprolabels sets, for the most part? I hope they're generally better than the WST sets I purchased. I bought sets for WST Blaster, Soundwave, Hot Rod and Optimus Prime and the quality is bad. They're printed on vinyl and the print is very easy to damage. Scratching the surface will do it, even folding the sticker will do it. The adhesive is good but if you put a decal on crooked, you're not getting it off without damage. Frankly, I think I'm better off with the stickers heerotoysmaker throws in with his WSTs for free than I would be to buy any more of these decal sets.

I wanted to cut a small black square to put onto Soundblaster's door tab, and despite cutting out 4 such squares, they each got damaged on the corners very easily. I eventually ditched that and cut a tiny square of electrical tape instead.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img546/4482/soundblasterk.jpg

I would almost have to think the print and material quality of most of their sets is far better than the WST sticker sheets, just because people aren't complaining about the print being easy to scratch.
    I am not a fan of reprolabels. The stickers look OK, but are nowhere near OEM quality, definitely nowhere near as great as people make them out to be. On top of the flakiness, the printing quality is very grainy as far as the surface texture of the stickers goes.

I got Beast Hunters Shockwave. I found him at a Target.

Went out for some household stuff, found Ultra Magnus. Probably not the best use of my $13, but I was really looking for an excuse to buy a toy He's okay, not as good as the Starscream I got recently, but still fun.

Flea market season started! From this week on we'll have one pretty much every weekend in the Stockholm area.

First though, I got some more Lego minifigs. The cheerleader and cowgirl are donations from Scotward (gee thanks) and the rest of them prove that I should NEVER EVER buy bags without trying to find out what's inside them first. I'm not sold on the bride and hippy.

Flea market finds! I know the MOTU minicomics are not non-MOTU hauls, but I can't be bothered to make a separate post. Also a lot of G1 Micromasters! I love those little *******s.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Flea market season started! From this week on we'll have one pretty much every weekend in the Stockholm area.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ps045b6cdd.jpg

First though, I got some more Lego minifigs. The cheerleader and cowgirl are donations from Scotward (gee thanks) and the rest of them prove that I should NEVER EVER buy bags without trying to find out what's inside them first. I'm not sold on the bride and hippy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ps88e59434.jpg

Flea market finds! I know the MOTU minicomics are not non-MOTU hauls, but I can't be bothered to make a separate post. Also a lot of G1 Micromasters! I love those little *******s.

That board game looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I got some more Lego minifigs. The cheerleader and cowgirl are donations from Scotward (gee thanks).
    You love them. Stop pretending that you don't.

I took a flyer on a crappy Thor figure, heh. His weapons and cape seem like they might be useful for something...

PoP Walking Dead Michonne & Glenn
    I have Walking Dead issues!!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    How are Reprolabels sets, for the most part? I hope they're generally better than the WST sets I purchased. I bought sets for WST Blaster, Soundwave, Hot Rod and Optimus Prime and the quality is bad. They're printed on vinyl and the print is very easy to damage. Scratching the surface will do it, even folding the sticker will do it. The adhesive is good but if you put a decal on crooked, you're not getting it off without damage. Frankly, I think I'm better off with the stickers heerotoysmaker throws in with his WSTs for free than I would be to buy any more of these decal sets.

I wanted to cut a small black square to put onto Soundblaster's door tab, and despite cutting out 4 such squares, they each got damaged on the corners very easily. I eventually ditched that and cut a tiny square of electrical tape instead.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img546/4482/soundblasterk.jpg

I would almost have to think the print and material quality of most of their sets is far better than the WST sticker sheets, just because people aren't complaining about the print being easy to scratch.
    I have a few reprolabels sets and I was pretty pleased with them. I wouldn’t say they are 100% as good as the originals but the ones I got were at least about 90% as good.

My favorite set I got from them was a customized set of Powermaster Optimus Prime stickers in Scourge/Nemesis Prime colors which they only charged me $10 on top of regular price of the sticker set. Since the only alterations were the colors the set was still pre-cut. I’m really pleased with the set and am stoked to have Nemesis Prime in my G1 collection.

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

If anyone is looking for specific Prime deluxe's, hit your local Big Lots. They got them in by the boatload.
    Unfortunately, I just need another Ratchet, and couldn't find one at either store I went to.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The WST shelf grows.

Megatron is kind of poorly done, it doesn't lock into place and pieces just rest in spot. I hope if heero ever makes his own Megatron, he improves on the design.

I got in Famous Covers Dark Phoenix:

And Famous Covers Falcon:

As well as Famous Covers Vision:

Lastly, I got Takara's MP-10, Optimus Prime which is in scale with the more recent MP releases:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 22, 2013 at 11:08pm.

Wonderful little trucks, very similar to the old Stomper's. Headlights and Rubber wheels

On the down side, I really didn't need another toy line to collect at this moment in time...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Lastly, I got Takara's MP-10, Optimus Prime which is in scale with the more recent MP releases:
    I REALLY like the way the MP-10 looks. But I don’t collect Masterpiece. I wish he was just an inch shorter and he would work with Classics/Universe/Generations. I have the original Takara MP-01. He doesn’t fit in with any specific TF line I have but since he is an even 12” he fits in nicely with other 12” figures. I think the Masterpiece figures look great but I just can’t shell out the cash for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    On the down side, I really didn't need another toy line to collect at this moment in time...
    I’ve been saying this for years. And every time I say it it’s not long after that I start collecting something new.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Just got Chell from NECA's Portal 2 line. She's a decent figure with an amazing accessory. While she's really designed to just stand around, she does have a fair amount of articulation. Check out my review here: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/04/...-2s-chell.html

chell1.jpgchell2.jpg

BTW, Benny, what made you want to start collection those Toy Biz famous Covers figures? Are they fairly inexpensive on the secondary market now?
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I REALLY like the way the MP-10 looks. But I don’t collect Masterpiece. I wish he was just an inch shorter and he would work with Classics/Universe/Generations. I have the original Takara MP-01. He doesn’t fit in with any specific TF line I have but since he is an even 12” he fits in nicely with other 12” figures. I think the Masterpiece figures look great but I just can’t shell out the cash for them.
    Come on, F-Deuce! MP Transformers are the only toys to collect! How could you not want Grimlock, Optimus or Prowl (your favorite)? Give in to your desires!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    BTW, Benny, what made you want to start collection those Toy Biz famous Covers figures? Are they fairly inexpensive on the secondary market now?
    Actually, Bbq-17, I'm not collecting them. I'm buying them for my nephew for his Christmas/birthday gifts. He likes all the comic book movies and cartoons so I'm slowly buying the more well known ones. And I am buying the female heroines for his sister, my niece, who will probably be asking where her gifts are (you know how little sibling children can be).

As for the price, as I told Scooter earlier, you can get most of these figures for $10-$20 MIB on Ebay. I've actually got quite a few for less than that ($5-$10). The more desireable ones will be a bit more than that (Hulk ran me $35 and Iron Man $27). Luckily, as I have a little bit of time until Christams, I can afford to be patient and wait on lower prices. The only factor is shipping costs. For the most part, shipping on these figures in box run between $10-$12. Sometimes you can get it shipped for $7-$10 but on average it's at least $10.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 23, 2013 at 11:48am.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Come on, F-DeuceI'm not collecting them. I'm buying them for my nephew for his Christmas/birthday gifts. He likes all the comic book movies and cartoons so I'm slowly buying the more well known ones. And I am buying the female heroines for his sister, my niece, who will probably be asking where her gifts are (you know how little sibling children can be).
    BJH, you can't fool anyone- you're a GOOD guy. Your brother/sister must love you. Ha, well your a better guy than me.

Thanks again for your input on some of the Marvel Legends- I got Green Goblin along with Rhino. I'll post some of my scores shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    BJH, you can't fool anyone- you're a GOOD guy. Your brother/sister must love you. Ha, well you're a better guy than me.
    Why would you write such derogatory things about me, moll-herald? If it was to hurt my feelings and make me cry...mission accomplished!

Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    Thanks again for your input on some of the Marvel Legends- I got Green Goblin along with Rhino. I'll post some of my scores shortly.
    Cool. It better be a big battle royal pic you post up, though!