Page 71 of 172 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 4285

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Great score on that little gun Megatron. That's actually not an easy figure to get--despite its small size.
    He's fun, but he has one big drawback. The gunbarrel is cast in that bright safety orange and then painted, but the plastic is so slick the paint rubs off very easily. I imagine I'll have to be repainting him constantly... He's a quite fun little toy though.

And yeah, that wave of toys was much more common in the European and Canadian markets than in the states, something which happens regularly...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    He's fun, but he has one big drawback. The gunbarrel is cast in that bright safety orange and then painted, but the plastic is so slick the paint rubs off very easily. I imagine I'll have to be repainting him constantly... He's a quite fun little toy though.

And yeah, that wave of toys was much more common in the European and Canadian markets than in the states, something which happens regularly...

Maybe put a think layer of apoxy sculpt over it. Then paint it after it hardens....

- - - Updated - - -

Well, here is Motorbreath finally out of the package. Tough little guy to photograph, heh.

I think he's quite cool.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Ordered these just to complete the glowing WSTs. The Starscream mold, plus Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust, 4 toys for $16

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in a Famous Covers Spider-Girl:

I also got in Avengers Annual #10 which features the first appearances of Madelyne Pryor (Mr. Sinister's Jean Grey clone and future wife of Scott "Cyclops" Summers) as well as Rogue.

Plus I got in the comic book adaption of the movie Creepshow:

I always loved Creepshow and remember that as a kid I wanted to own the comic book the kid had in the movie. I even went to my local used book store (which also sold past comic books) and asked if they had that comic book insisting that it had to be real since it was in the movie (being a dumb kid and not knowing about movie props). Well, of course they didn't. But I recently ran across this movie adaptation and figured this was the next best thing to owning the original comic book.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Just got this, only $12

You were inspired by my motorbreath, no?

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got Andre from my cousin a while back. I was in a wrestling store in Knoxville and I saw the Hulkster to go with it.

Photo May 01, 1 09 45 PM.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Nick april from tmnt awesome fig.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I had a huge freakin' box waiting for me when I got home and when I opened it up, it was my Transformers Encore #23: Fortress Maximus...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Holy Hannah, Benji! That's one big ass 'Bot!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I had a huge freakin' box waiting for me when I got home and when I opened it up, it was my Transformers Encore #23: Fortress Maximus...
    Da-da-da-da-DA HEAD ON! Da-da-da-da-DA HEAD ON!

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Ordered these just to complete the glowing WSTs.
    I swore I was done buying WST, but now with the glow in the dark it looks like I'm back in.

And he's in-scale with Masterpiece Grimlock! How awesome is that?

ME GRIMLOCK SAY WE ON OUR WAY!!!

Phil does the expoxy thing work on soft plastic or does it melt? Did you ever using it on anything soft like Dreadwing's fins or head?

If I didn't already have Fort Max then I would have bought this even if it was the only toy I bought in 2013. Do you have an original? I'm curious if there are any minor differences.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

If I ever get a Fort Max it'll be one of those tiny KO versions. Although if I had that much cash to spare on a luxury purchase I'd probably get more use from an Open Pandora than a big toy. Nor would I even know where I'd put it since fitting Unicron in was a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Holy Hannah, Benji! That's one big ass 'Bot!
    What can I say? I like 'em big! My robots that is...

Da-da-da-da-DA HEAD ON! Da-da-da-da-DA HEAD ON!
    Bring your Wheelie over so my Fortress Maximus can step on him, Sandy!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Do you have an original? I'm curious if there are any minor differences.
    Actually, no. Unfortunately, I don't own a vintage Fortress Maximus, Fakerini. When I was amassing my G1 collection, I wasn't making as much as I am now (straight out of college) and I had more debt to pay off (student loans, helping my folks out with their debt) so I didn't have the scratch nor the time to search for a near mint and complete O.G. Fort Max (which would have been $800-$1000). So this is going to have to be the Fort Max in my collection.

Now all I need is for Hasbro to re-release the U.S.S. Flagg and I'm set!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 3, 2013 at 11:10am.

Phil does the expoxy thing work on soft plastic or does it melt? Did you ever using it on anything soft like Dreadwing's fins or head?

I can't say I have. There's a 3-part video on youtube by TheCookiinCompany about how to use the stuff to customize action figures. Possibly someone you could ask.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    If I didn't already have Fort Max then I would have bought this even if it was the only toy I bought in 2013. Do you have an original? I'm curious if there are any minor differences.
    It's the Japanese version that comes with the Master Sword. Otherwise there are no changes in sculpting.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't say I have. There's a 3-part video on youtube by TheCookiinCompany about how to use the stuff to customize action figures. Possibly someone you could ask.
    Thanks mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Bring your Wheelie over so my Fortress Maximus can step on him, Sandy!
    !
    Grimlock can handle that well enough on his own, benny!

Thanks mate!

Did your Dreadwing's horn break off?

I got in Amazing Spider-Man #22 which features Spidey's battle with the Masters of Menace (a.k.a. The Circus of Crime sans the Ringmaster) as well as the first appearance of Princess Python:

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

This cost more than I wanted to pay for a WST, but I really didn't have a choice if I wanted one as cheap as I got it. Was still $10 cheaper than the seller last week had them for.

Did your Dreadwing's horn break off?
    No no, but he's missing a lot of yellow from his animation model, including on his head crest.

Yard sale prize!

C-9.5 box

- - - Updated - - -

I found an R2-D2 at TJ Maxx. Win

Does anyone else think the new Superman figures are embarrassing? I mean, they only cost like 8$ so you can't expect any miracles. But there are a lot of really lame variant-type figures that I saw -- like Wrecking ball superman
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; May 5, 2013 at 09:18pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I picked up Autobot Targetmasters Pointblank, Crosshairs, and Sureshot on eBay.