Page 257 of 262 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 6548

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I had gradually and casually been collecting the DC Collectibles action figures based on Batman The Animated Series / The New Batman Adventures, but had some catching up to do. My intent was ultimately to get most of the figures (not necessarily "completest," but close to it). But had been putting off getting some of them. In fact originally I was going to have my wife and family get me some of them for this past Christmas, but decided against it in favor of other things instead.

Then in the past couple of weeks I was casually looking things up again. Most items can still be bought for decent prices (some less than the "standard" original price). But I discovered that the GCPD Rogues gallery 5-pack, which was just released this past fall, had apparently become scarce with secondary market prices going through the roof!

I hunted for the best deal on it that I could, accepting that I was going to have to pay well above the regular price to get it. Luckily I managed to get it for a little less than the average current going rate (now that I did that, I fully expect the set to either be reissued, or the figures in it to be sold separately sometime in the near future ).

Not wanting to get stuck in a similar situation with other items, between the Amazon Marketplace and Big Bad Toy Store, I ordered most of the figures that I didn't have yet (singles and multi-packs where applicable). BBTS also still had the Batmobile that comes with Batman, Robin, and the Bat Signal in stock, which I ordered because other stores (like Entertainment Earth) are showing out of stock with no more coming in, and people are already marking it up on ebay.

Luckily for the figures that I bought through Amazon's marketplace, some were sold for a lot less than the original prices (I got the Girl Night Out 5-pack for $30-something, for example). Thanks to those deals, it made the market up on that other set easier to take. I did the math on everything that I ordered, and I averaged about $27 per figure, which is the MSRP for a single figure, which wasn't too bad considering the price of that one set. Still, I dropped quite a bit on all of it. But with a few exceptions (mostly preordering MOTUC and the Neca TMNT SDCC set for this year), I haven't been buying a ton of collectibles lately, I was able to handle this splurge.

Next month, after my credit card billing cycle flips over, I'm planning to get the Batwing and the Batcave set with Alfred from BBTS. After that the only things that I really need to get are the versions of Batman and the Joker that come with several heads with different expressions, and then the Harley Quinn expressions set that comes out later this year.

The one figure that I didn't order and am on the fence about is the Anti-Fire Suit Batman figure. I'm just not a big fan of the design.

I bought some KO Mp transformers from China...

thye should be in by end of July.. hopfully they are nice...
    GIMME TOYS!-

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I had gradually and casually been collecting the DC Collectibles action figures based on Batman The Animated Series / The New Batman Adventures, but had some catching up to do. My intent was ultimately to get most of the figures (not necessarily "completest," but close to it). But had been putting off getting some of them. In fact originally I was going to have my wife and family get me some of them for this past Christmas, but decided against it in favor of other things instead.

Then in the past couple of weeks I was casually looking things up again. Most items can still be bought for decent prices (some less than the "standard" original price). But I discovered that the GCPD Rogues gallery 5-pack, which was just released this past fall, had apparently become scarce with secondary market prices going through the roof!

I hunted for the best deal on it that I could, accepting that I was going to have to pay well above the regular price to get it. Luckily I managed to get it for a little less than the average current going rate (now that I did that, I fully expect the set to either be reissued, or the figures in it to be sold separately sometime in the near future ).

Not wanting to get stuck in a similar situation with other items, between the Amazon Marketplace and Big Bad Toy Store, I ordered most of the figures that I didn't have yet (singles and multi-packs where applicable). BBTS also still had the Batmobile that comes with Batman, Robin, and the Bat Signal in stock, which I ordered because other stores (like Entertainment Earth) are showing out of stock with no more coming in, and people are already marking it up on ebay.

Luckily for the figures that I bought through Amazon's marketplace, some were sold for a lot less than the original prices (I got the Girl Night Out 5-pack for $30-something, for example). Thanks to those deals, it made the market up on that other set easier to take. I did the math on everything that I ordered, and I averaged about $27 per figure, which is the MSRP for a single figure, which wasn't too bad considering the price of that one set. Still, I dropped quite a bit on all of it. But with a few exceptions (mostly preordering MOTUC and the Neca TMNT SDCC set for this year), I haven't been buying a ton of collectibles lately, I was able to handle this splurge.

Next month, after my credit card billing cycle flips over, I'm planning to get the Batwing and the Batcave set with Alfred from BBTS. After that the only things that I really need to get are the versions of Batman and the Joker that come with several heads with different expressions, and then the Harley Quinn expressions set that comes out later this year.

The one figure that I didn't order and am on the fence about is the Anti-Fire Suit Batman figure. I'm just not a big fan of the design.
    There's a few stores in the UK that sell cheapish home stuff, one has had the animated stuff in for a while, they've also had the odd pack in as well, I've picked up the Phantasm, Mad Love and Bat Signal packs for 13 quid each from them, the individual figures are 7/8 quid a pop, I picked up Firefly the other week and I got Anti Fire Suit Batman from a comic con yesterday for a tenner.

Heroic Warrior
    I've bought many of these myself, they are very nice for their price. I just hope you are dealing with honest sellers, I had to file claims on 4-5 of them [never sent them] and re-buy them from someone else after I got my $ back.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    I bought some KO Mp transformers from China...
    they should be in by end of July.. hopfully they are nice...

As for buying. picked up the JW Colossal Tyrannosaurus Rex for my son and I.
    Luke & Wampa 2-pack [current version]
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

cybertron thudercracker
    generations thundercracker
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in another World Barbie for my niece today, Chilean Barbie:

I also got in some vintage Find Your Fate Transformers books, Dinobots Strike Back #1

Battle Drive #2

And Attack of The Insecticons #3:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

https://www.dollgenie.com/1997/18559-L.jpg

I also got in some vintage Find Your Fate Transformers books, Dinobots Strike Back #1

https://gamebooks.org/gallery/fyfjr_t1.jpg

Battle Drive #2

https://gamebooks.org/gallery/fyfjr_t2.jpg

https://gamebooks.org/gallery/fyfjr_t3.jpg
    Sweet! I bought the Dinobots Strike Back from the bookmobile as a kid!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon

https://www.dollgenie.com/1997/18559-L.jpg

https://gamebooks.org/gallery/fyfjr_t1.jpg

Battle Drive #2

https://gamebooks.org/gallery/fyfjr_t2.jpg

https://gamebooks.org/gallery/fyfjr_t3.jpg
    I have those transformers books as well. They are really good but the one with Springer on the cover is/was a pain in the rear to find. There are 9 in total for this series

An Australian publisher produced some similar books as well as a large storybook. Those go all the way to the Wave 4 storyline, head masters and target masters. There were 6 books for this one and again the large storybook.

Hope this info helps some Benny.

Sent from my LGL56VL using Tapatalk
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Heroic Warrior
    It's wild seeing the toy models used on those covers as opposed to the animation models.

Chris here...

Those Transformers books look seriously cool!! What are they like inside, is it all text or do they have illustrations?

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Quote Originally Posted by He-Fan View Post
    Chris here...

Those Transformers books look seriously cool!! What are they like inside, is it all text or do they have illustrations?

Take care...
    They are like "choose your own adventure" style books with multiple outcomes depending on your choices. I can't remember whether there were other illustrations or not.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Sweet! I bought the Dinobots Strike Back from the bookmobile as a kid!
    Well, I wouldn't recommend revisiting these books if the memory you have of them is positive. They really aren't that good at all as a gamebook or as a literary work. I understand that these are classified as "Junior" (which means that they are meant for even younger readers than regular Find Your Fate books if you can believe that) but even with that lower of a bar, these books are pretty awful.

I don't know if I want to continue to get the rest of the series. Even though there are only 6 more I need to complete the releases, I'll probably only get them if they are sold as a lot and very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It's wild seeing the toy models used on those covers as opposed to the animation models.
    They do have illustrations inside but like the covers, the drawings inside are all just models of the toy art from the card art/boxes. They aren't even inked instead just being graphite illustrations. You can see the pencil shading used for shadows and darkened areas. They really phoned it in on this book series in terms of story and drawings. The stories are told in 3rd person (instead of 1st person) and you don't get to be a Transformer just control their actions somewhat.

I really can't recommend them to anyone unless you are a diehard Transformer fan and/or Choose Your Own Adventure fan.

As for scores, I got a couple of omnibuses, Atlantis Attacks:

And Age of Apocalypse:

Plus I got a Mondo poster of A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 by Mike Saputo:

Finally, as part of the Kickstarter campaign I supported, I got in a Rifftrax Space Mutiny poster signed by Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett (creators and stars of Rifftrax):

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 3, 2018 at 10:26pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heroic Warrior
    Grabbed grodd and Grundy from figures toy company. They fit in perfectly with dcuc and prefer the accurate cartoon looks to their dcuc counterparts. Added them to my customized dcuc captain cold, sinestro along with lex Luther giganta, cheetah etc. waiting on the dc multiverse Walgreen bizarro

Attachment 116571

Attachment 116572

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, roboto, shadow weaver, entrapta , adora, moss man, stratos, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Court Magician
    Just got in the Marvel Select Juggernaut figure from BBTS, this is my first Select figure and let me tell you it won't be my last, this figure is huge, heavy and very imposing looking. Just love it!

Chris here...

Well, I wouldn't recommend revisiting these books if the memory you have of them is positive. They really aren't that good at all as a gamebook or as a literary work. I understand that these are classified as "Junior" (which means that they are meant for even younger readers than regular Find Your Fate books if you can believe that) but even with that lower of a bar, these books are pretty awful.

I don't know if I want to continue to get the rest of the series. Even though there are only 6 more I need to complete the releases, I'll probably only get them if they are sold as a lot and very cheap.

They do have illustrations inside but like the covers, the drawings inside are all just models of the toy art from the card art/boxes. They aren't even inked instead just being graphite illustrations. You can see the pencil shading used for shadows and darkened areas. They really phoned it in on this book series in terms of story and drawings. They stories are told in 3rd person (instead of 1st person) and you don't get to be a Transformer just control their actions somewhat.

I really can't recommend them to anyone unless you are a diehard Transformer fan and/or Choose Your Own Adventure fan.
    Cool, thanks for the info - disappointing to hear that they aren't as cool inside as they look outside!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

Chris here...

Cool, thanks for the info - disappointing to hear that they aren't as cool inside as they look outside!

Take care...
    No problem. I just wish I could be a bit more positive in my review of them but I don't even have any nostalgia to aid me in this book series as I never owned any as a child.

As for scores, I got in another Marvel omnibus, this time it's The Evolutionary War:

And I got in Toyhax's label sheet for Fanstoys' Rouge (a.k.a. Autobot Arcee):

I am slightly disappointed there isn't a vanity plate sticker for her real name "Arcee"...

Sold both Hercules and NBK, got this. It's the original solo releases with the proper G1 toy silver legs and yellow mixer, and better head. I added Toyhax stickers, yellow vinyl to the eyes, purple vinyl to the arms for the proper G1 toy purple, and a set of Shapeways G1 thigh canons- there are 6mm holes in the knees, I wrapped some purple vinyl on the pegs to fit them.

I do intend to order the yellow box set too, it has all the separate add-on parts which have become difficult to find and would give me a set to display separate. As much as I want a G1 green set, the solo releases are notorious for breakage issues and these box set releases fall short of being "ultimate" because they lack the silver legs or green/yellow mixer. I am not a fan of G1 cartoon colors especially on a detailed toy with G1 toy details.

Heroic Warrior
    • MPP36 Megamaster KO [Megatron Masterpiece Oversized]
    • MP-35 Grapple KO
    • Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos Black Ninja MOC
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

I got in the last 2 Stellar Warriors (a.k.a. Decepticon Combaticons) that were recently released, Rage Winterchill (a.k.a. Vortex):

And Broodlord Lashlayer (a.k.a. Blast Off):

Finally the Combaticons are complete!

Now they can merge into Bruticus (G1 toy version):

Or G1 cartoon version:

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Some old G.I.Joes comics to replace some of my damaged ones.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I got more vintage Find Your Fate books, this time G.I. Joe based (#1-5, 7 and 8):

These, like their Transformers counterparts, are not very good. Again, you are not an established Joe, just a generic made-up Joe. The cover art on all of these are superb but sadly the interior drawings are on the same level as the Transformers books artwork as in, not good either.

Lastly, I got a Skylark Choose Your Own Adventure #5 (for younger readers than their normal Choose Your Own Adventure series), Gorga the Space Monster:

I wish I didn't wait so long to get into Video Games...they are so AWESOME! catching up with Xbox 360 and getting onboard with Xbox One.

A second copy of TW Constructor- the new yellow box set release with the add-on parts. If not for the cost involved I'd actually get the green and upcoming orange sets. This thing just trashes that mediocre CW version in every way.

I got in The Hands of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Vol. 3 variant cover omnibus: