Page 119 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4082

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Well, there goes the neighborhood...

The Lich King with his dragon. This is quite a wonderful set.

Only took two hours to put it together. :P

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in Dr. Wu's DW-P19P Warhead (for Prowl) and DW-P19B Warhead (for Bluestreak) today. Each set has 3 different sets of attachments (missiles, short laser blasters and medium laser blasters):

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I got more Monster Marbles at Kmart. They are still on sale, a dollar for a bag of two. Here are all the ones I was able to get.

I really like these guys a lot. They are heavy, nicely painted, and have detailed sculpts.
    But trying to collect them is brutal. You get way too many duplicates.

Just got in:

• Mark's Mystical Warriors of the Ring Holiday Bundle
    • Thundercats POP! Vinyl figure set (Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Cheetara, Snarf, and Panthro)
    • NECA TMNT figure set
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I got SW Black Bobba Fett!!
    He is THE best figure in the line so far!!
    Amazing!!! A+++ on this guy!!

And i got MH Jane Boolittle...sad her colors changed from the prototype but still really nice!

MARVEL Legends Baron Zemo and Black Cat, found a TRU. The only two I really wanted, hopefully I can find the aim and hydra soldiers later.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Picked up the GI Joe: Retaliation Night-Viper - I always loved the 1989 version and this is a really nice update. Also got the Pepper Potts/Gremlin minimate set.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I got two more Dragons Universe sets. Actually, I got these a week ago, LOL.

The first one I got was pretty decent. I went with 2 villains this time (I guess) and am hoping that they will be a bit cooler.

I got my Walking Dead (Comic Series) Neagan and TMNTC Bebop and Rocksteady from BBTS yesterday.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Grabbed these 3 on eBay for cheap

Bought these 2 from a private seller

Attached Images Attached Images

Got the S.H. Monsterarts Millenium Godzilla yesterday. Is it sad I can get this shipped from Ami Ami in Japan for nearly the same cost and in nearly the same time as a figure from Digital River?

Back to the figure - he looks fantastic! After the disappointment that was 1964 Godzilla (I'll get into that later), he is a noticeable return to form for the line. Just delightful!

And this is why the 60's Godzilla landed with a thud. Yes, Mattel did not corner the market on bonehead moves.

Though the figure in itself is a great recreation of the estimable lizard's hippie look, he's scaled wrong (he fits the Revoltech line instead of the Monsterarts line) and his price point was way too much for what you got (I paid $10 more for him than 200x - huh?).

But as I said, think Bandai redeemed itself, and look forward to Final Wars Gigan (3 words: Flippin'. Chainsaw. Hands.) this spring.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

DioSoth, love the Star Trek figs! Represent!
    Latest Haul:
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine Commander Benjamin Sisko from 1993 and the toy show yesterday

Steel Shield Superman

Tech Glider Robin

Speed Strike The Flash

Transformers Predaking by MMC, the Rhino

Power Rangers SuperMegaAwesomeCalafrageliciousexpialadostious Pink Ranger

Action Man Crimson Warrior with Hi-Tech Crossbow and Concealed Dagger

WildC.A.T.S Bullet Bike

Spider-Man Vampire Wars Morbius UnBound with Blood Pumping Action! (Like Pulsar and GreGory from the 70s)
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

I got the Arkham Origins Batman figure from DC Collectibles. Definitely the best Batman figure in quite some time!: http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/01/...om-arkham.html
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I got some more Dragons Universe eggs. Having a blast with all these amazing little guys!

Nice change to be able to create your own figure stands for once.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Found a lot of stuff since the new year started:
    Amazing Spider-Man 2 4" figures (actually got those Christmas Eve)
    Captain America set of Legends figures (this is one of the best Legends waves Hasbro has done)
    Cap Winter Soldier 4" figures
    Spider-Man Legends (again, one of the best waves from Hasbro. Not crazy about the version of the Goblin, but the problems I have with the unimaginative hybrid of the Hulk, Ghost Rider and Doomsday is Marvel's lazy concept, not Hasbro's adaptation of it. Black Cat turned out gorgeous).
    Total Heroes (lordy, what an awful name that line has. Someone have a flashback to valley-speak or something? Figures are a lot more fun than I first thought, though, once you get used to the style).
    4" Batman figures (again, have to get used to the style, but nice to have some 4" figures from Mattel with actual knee and elbow joints)
    4" Multiverse figures (nice detail and decent articulation, although a bicep or elbow swivel is really needed in this line)
    I've been lucky in that when I've found the stuff at retail, the whole set was there for the taking, even the two Legends waves.

Over Christmas, I used part of my Christmas bonus (actually a retroactive raise in one check) to pick up something I missed back in the 80's. Retro TV has been showing the Filmation Ghostbusters series on Saturday morning; they started with the horrid show from the 70's starring the two guys from "F Troop" in a live action disaster. then moved on to the 80's show where the sons of the originals took over. I saw and won an e-bay auction for what was almost a complete set of the figures and accessories from the 80's show, and picked up the pieces I needed to finish them in the interim.

Yesterday I went to a collectibles show in Deland, FL, and started collecting a new/old line. One vendor had a bunch of old Kenner Robocop figures, and, after some deliberation, I decided that, since the stuff coming out for the new movie is so sparse and rather lackluster, I'll be going after some of these old figures. The ones at the show were only five bucks on the card, and it doesn't look like any of the stuff is too pricey to go after.

So I've been getting the new stuff coming out, but also going back and getting some old things I missed.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got in Avengers #88 today:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Never did a post on Christmas stuff, yet! So here we go:

Legos come standard for Christmas, 'cause I don't buy them for myself very often but I still want them. The new Ninjago stuff caught my eye because CYBORG NINJAS. That's the theme for this one. Yeah. Otherwise, there's a TMNT set 'cause I wanted a Shredder and a previous Ninjago set 'cause it's a giant feudal Japanese mech, and I find that hilarious.

This is a 5 inch Sonic figure - I usually collect the smaller ones, but this guy comes with these awesome light-up Chaos Emeralds that light up brighter depending on the impact. So technically you could stick 'em on top of a speaker and give your figures a little rave lighting! The things are so cool I almost didn't want to take them out of the package so they could light in unison.

I'm always looking for background props, and Playmobil usually has some nice stuff that is sorta in scale with Joes. This is a living room! It's got a TV that I've been wanted for ages, and various other useful things.

And in that same vein, I have a stage and instruments! Granted, it came with a whole boy band, but whatareyagonado? The funny thing is that the stage doubles as a player, and you can plug in an MP3 player to have your own music play through it. It's ain't a great speaker, but it still think it's funny. Anyway, we'll see where this gets used!

Oh, and speaking of furniture: Dollhouse stuff! My wife also got me this set of leather chairs and this couch with are AWESOME. They're gona work well with a lot of stuff! My only regret is not having any sort of tiny room to put them in, but i'll make due. For now, Samus is relaxing after a hard day of spelunking in the belly of Zebes.

This is from Imaginext, and I friggin' love it. Just a truck with a payload of ROBOT. Transforms to just look like some sorta box on the back. Really cool! Imaginext is really taking my attention.

This is a Doom bobblehead for the 'ol Doom Collection I've got going. I don't usually run into these kinda things, so thankfully my wife was lookin' out for 'em.

And finally, Bass! From Mega Man 7 (and beyond). These D-Arts figures are pretty much dream toys of video game favorites - I knew I had to have Bass to go along with Mega Man. So far that's all they've done from the original series, so I hope they keep at it! We need Proto Man next!
    Last edited by Alexx; January 14, 2014 at 02:07pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Out of curiosity I snagged the Beware the Batman figure from Mattels last Batman Unlimited series.

He's....not good. This is by far the worst toy that I picked up from 2013.

http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/01/...tman-from.html
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

This is a seriously fun thread to read. I've missed it, but wow. Thanks to everyone who uploads pictures of their recent purchases. Keep it coming. I will try to contribute too.
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Out of curiosity I snagged the Beware the Batman figure from Mattels last Batman Unlimited series.

I LOVE the series and for the mos part he looks good on screen, but yeah the toy doesn't work.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

Bruce Timm-esque designs work much better at smaller scales; six inchers need more detail to really work. The figure in question is very much on-model, but looks bad at this size.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Plusgh Wendy the good little witch I won it in a claw game.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

More Hauls, from the Toy Show, and over the week-end
    Ronin Warriors Kento

Ronin Warriors Hariel, Ryo as Ronin Warrior of Light and Flame!

GI Joe Sgt Savage Jet-Pack General Blitz

GI Joe Sgt Savage Urban Attack Dynamite

GI Joe Sgt Savage Jungle Camo D-Day

Purple Superhuman Samurai Servo

WWE Alberto Del Rio 12 inch figure
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Now that I got the Christmas stuff outta the way, here's what I've been getting afterward:

Earlier in the thread I showed off a Superhero Mashers Iron Man, and I KNEW I had to get Dr. Doom no matter what. Still, I like this series and I may get a few more. He's holding a pistol that came with Iron Man, by the way. I think his cape is considered his accessory for his price range.

I'm not really sure why I'm still getting these; they're kinda neat, but oddly proportioned and the armor always ends up a little too big on them. Still...Green Ranger. He's always cool. I haven't passed up a Green or White Ranger yet!

FEEL BAGS. GET FIGURES. PUT TOGETHER. SHOVE TO THE SIDE. Maybe I should find a place to display these...this is starting to feel a little like an addiction.

Hey hey, speaking of addiction! It's like I'm just getting these because I have tons of Joes already and it's what I do. Not that I don't like the figures! I'm just...so swamped with Joes. So swamped.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.