Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm...get a virus warning thru Google chrome when I'm gonna reply

Nice Lego
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Got somethin' AWESOME from Heli88 in a trade: pretty much a toy holy grail from when I was little. Never hunted it down 'cause I had no idea what it was called or what toyline it was a part of.

It's from a line called Pocket Power where everything they made fits on a card. Pretty much most of the line was vehicles 'n such with some dart or squirt guns thrown in (and I think an anti-air gun). This was the ONE item that was an action figure, though: Glo-Bones! He's pretty much the BEST THING EVER. Super articulated (for the time), cool accessories, and he fits on a friggin' CARD! On top of that, he glows! So on my list of things that are awesome, he's got three: Skeleton, glowing ability, and fits in my pocket. I thought he might be one of those things that was WAY cooler in my child mind back in the day, but it turns out he's JUST as cool as I always thought he would be! So cool to get a bascially pristine one nowadays.

Beyond that, just some standard stuff:

Out Christmas shopping for the neice and nephew and found these two; first ones I've seen! I was looking for them for a bit, but I kinda gave up. Good things come to those who wait! I didn't necessarily want them both, but I found 'em and figured: what the heck. Ended up liking the comic colored one a little better. Who knew?

BAM, found this at Target! So glad this one came out! I was thinking of getting Thunderwing, but I really didn't like 'em. I found out that he would eventually be repainted as some black 'n red guy and figured I'd wait for him. THEN they go and say it might be canceled...but here he is! Snapped 'em up as soon as I saw him and I don't regret it. It's a really cool figure!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    BAM, found this at Target! So glad this one came out! I was thinking of getting Thunderwing, but I really didn't like 'em. I found out that he would eventually be repainted as some black 'n red guy and figured I'd wait for him. THEN they go and say it might be canceled...but here he is! Snapped 'em up as soon as I saw him and I don't regret it. It's a really cool figure!
    I prefer the Japanese continuity (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory) far more than the US comic story which promotes many of those same figures. That said, I picked up Thunderwing and I really like him. But I've been waiting forever for a character to show up on the shelves from the Japanese continuity. Black Shadow is awesome. But I don't regret getting Thunderwing. Between the retooled parts and drastically different colors they make 2 nice distinct figures. And the transformation is one of my favorites. It's simple yet effective.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior

'73 Indonesian flyer , German 1sh & Spain 1sh....notice the similarity

German 1sh is unfolded......rare as most were factory folded (issued thrice in Germany : '73 , '75 double bill and '79......re-issues had "real BL" tag line which this one doesn't have)

Boss : "You are a fool....the police will laugh at you !" (Big Boss 1971-2011.....40th anniversary)

I got an early christmas gift today from Scotward... the best kind too, toys!

Finally added classics Skywarp to the collection. And the Ratbat from the two-pack I didn't really want, but Scot sent it along anyway.

I also got four BotCon comics (Generation 2, Wings of Honor, Games of Deception and Primeval Dawn).

Good times!

@Faker II: I'm not a huge fan of Headmasters or Super-God Masterforce, but still it's great to see Black Shadow in here. I mean, we only got him because Simon Furman made Thunderwing mega-popular, but still. It's a good retool. The odds of actually getting Blue Bacchus for him to partner with is probably miniscule, though, as no continuity ever used his US version Crossblades.

The weekend after Thanksgiving I dropped by Target to pick up some stuff and found out that their DCUC and Batman Legacy figures were 50% off. With my $5 coupon from Matty, I picked up a Mr. Freeze figure for $2.50!

Thanks to the Orgers who posted that they'd successfully used their coupons on Batman Legacy figures.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I picked up Marvel Universe X-23,Darkhawk,Ultron,and Black Costume Spidey.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I got more Lanard WOW girls via eBay. They were a "female civilian" line Lanard did alongside The Corps. Lanard made male civilians too as part of the Crops line, police officers and construction workers but the WOW line was separate and tried to market towards girls. They sort of fill in a niche that Hasbro left open in the G.I. Joe line, and unlike the bulky female Joe figures, cut down on articulation a bit to thin them out some.

Many of these are still pending shipment from the seller.

I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I picked up Marvel Universe X-23.
    X-23?! Say it ain't so, Sonlyf! Say it ain't so!

As for my stuff, I got 2 sets of the recent G1 Devastator Japanese re-releases.

Plus I fleshed out my Toho Monster collection with Sci-Fi Revoltech Baragon, Rodan and Mothra.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Picked up Lynx-O the other day to go with my Bengali!

These 2 are my favorite T-cats by far!

here's my updated Good Guys shelf:

Last edited by scar1321; December 7, 2011 at 05:50pm.
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Heroic Warrior
    Moonraker gals (their first time signing !) :

1980 japan calendar

-signoria del Matteo (curly haired girl.....she gloated when 007 was choked by snake)

-countess Labinsky

-Blonde beauty aka Venini shop girl (the girl who seduced 007 into Drax' pyramid)

The 4th MR girl cancelled......but 3 is pretty cool.

7x9 TV still , unknown episode......

U.K lobby card (different lettering than US)

7x9 "Cats Meow" episode still (45th anniversary this episode next Wednesday)

Most of the Batman TV stills on ebay are 80s re-issues , these all '66 originals.....some of the 7x9 stills are rare as hens teeth.

Here you see the 3 Drax' girls

A rare doll I added to my Sid & Marty Krofft collection. It's a Witchiepoo Doll from H.R. Pufnstuf in amazing condition. It came out in 1970! It's complete, has a tag on it and I even got the box.

Really awesome addition to my collection, especially to get it in this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by TanyaTate View Post
    A rare doll I added to my Sid & Marty Krofft collection. It's a Witchiepoo Doll from H.R. Pufnstuf in amazing condition. It came out in 1970! It's complete, has a tag on it and I even got the box.

http://monstar.typepad.com/MsgBoards...rofft_Doll.jpg

http://monstar.typepad.com/MsgBoards...offt_Doll1.jpg

Really awesome addition to my collection, especially to get it in this condition.
    Man, I thought that were Penny Dreadful figures. It is good to see a good quality figures or dolls after 40 years.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Just bought a Star Wars republic attack shuttle off Amazon for $24. They retail at $199.99 here in Singapore, so I'm pretty excited to finally get one at this price.

My latest score, at the local flea market a guy had a bunch of old white carded clone wars figures with a 3 for $20 sign. And second in the pile was AAYLA SECURA! so grabbed her, Whorm Loathesome, and 4A-7. I'd been laboring in vain to find one at a decent price forever, she'd turned into my SW holy grail, never imagined I'd get her that cheap though.

That's really cool. What a great find, and in such amazing condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    As for my stuff, I got 2 sets of the recent G1 Devastator Japanese re-releases.
    I'm trying to decide whether to get this. Encores tend to go quite a bit cheaper here then in the u.s., especially if they go to clearance. I've pretty much retired from transformers collecting, mainly because the humidity here plus Takara's lowered QC in the last five years means almost everything I buy from them gets chrome rot really bad, my henkei sideswipe lost all his chrome in about 3 weeks, just evaporated off his gun inside a display case after being transformed once. But I've always promised myself I'd get an encore devastator, he was my holy grail as a kid and I've never owned a vintage one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

Out Christmas shopping for the neice and nephew and found these two; first ones I've seen! I was looking for them for a bit, but I kinda gave up. Good things come to those who wait! I didn't necessarily want them both, but I found 'em and figured: what the heck. Ended up liking the comic colored one a little better. Who knew?
    The comic colored hydra does look awesome. Still haven't found one here.

http://monstar.typepad.com/MsgBoards...rofft_Doll.jpg

http://monstar.typepad.com/MsgBoards...offt_Doll1.jpg

Were in the world did you find that at?I've never seen one of those before!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

I finally picked up another Transformers Minerva knock off. I swapped parts with a Minerva KO I bought several years ago and I slapped some Autobot stickers on her and made a pretty descent looking Minerva. It doesn’t look exactly like Minerva but it’s close enough for me. I don’t have almost a grand to shell out for an original. Korea makes the best darn knock offs. I swear it feels about 95% as sturdy as a standard G1 Transformer.

Last edited by FAKER II; December 13, 2011 at 01:50pm.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    WWE 12
    Marvel Universe Cyclops and Skarr
    G.I. JOE Cobra Trooper, Iron Grenadier, and Hazard Viper.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Metron View Post
    I'm trying to decide whether to get this. Encores tend to go quite a bit cheaper here then in the u.s., especially if they go to clearance. I've pretty much retired from transformers collecting, mainly because the humidity here plus Takara's lowered QC in the last five years means almost everything I buy from them gets chrome rot really bad, my henkei sideswipe lost all his chrome in about 3 weeks, just evaporated off his gun inside a display case after being transformed once. But I've always promised myself I'd get an encore devastator, he was my holy grail as a kid and I've never owned a vintage one.
    Well, I can definitely feel the difference of the re-release and the original vintage. I got 1 set to apply all of the 3rd party accessories for Devastator to make him more cartoon accurate and poseable. I bought the other set to display them in a vintage G1 Devastator set box for that "MIB" look. I say go for it, Metron.

I got 2 Sentinel repaints to compose a squad of Sentinels for my Marvel Masterworks Sentinel as the leader. You can't have just one Sentinel!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I finally picked up another Transformers Minerva knock off. I swapped parts with a Minerva KO I bought several years ago and I slapped some Autobot stickers on her and made a pretty descent looking Minerva. It doesn’t look exactly like Minerva but it’s close enough for me. I don’t have almost a grand to shell out for an original. Korea makes the best darn knock offs. I swear it feels about 95% as sturdy as a standard G1 Transformer.
    Very nice. I've been looking at this one too, it got a fairly good review over on TFW, and of course the original is horribly hard to get.

I'm considering trying out one of the Liokaiser KO's that flourish right now. I will likely never have the $1500 or so to spend on the original, and as a huge fan of Victory, I really want a Leozack, Hellbat and the rest.

In my pipe-dream fantasies, the recent Sky/Black Shadow figure is such a hit that HasTak start making new versions of other Japan-only toys... But yeah, that's not gonna happen. Even Takara believe the Japanese market only wants more Optimuses, Bumblebees and Jazzes... Plus, Takara believes nobody likes Decepticons... What is with their good-guy focus?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Very nice. I've been looking at this one too, it got a fairly good review over on TFW, and of course the original is horribly hard to get.

I'm considering trying out one of the Liokaiser KO's that flourish right now. I will likely never have the $1500 or so to spend on the original, and as a huge fan of Victory, I really want a Leozack, Hellbat and the rest.

In my pipe-dream fantasies, the recent Sky/Black Shadow figure is such a hit that HasTak start making new versions of other Japan-only toys... But yeah, that's not gonna happen. Even Takara believe the Japanese market only wants more Optimuses, Bumblebees and Jazzes... Plus, Takara believes nobody likes Decepticons... What is with their good-guy focus?
    The quality of the plastic on this new KO Minerva is great. The only problem I had is there was a new type of screw used on her swivel arm joint that tends to get loose from moving her arms. It’s an easy fix to take the arm apart and tighten that screw but it might get annoying. The earlier KO from about 10 years ago didn’t have that problem. I combined parts from both the new Minerva KO and the earlier one to make this definitive Minerva.

I don't know if this is true but there's a rumor on TFW2005 that Reprolabels is going to make a sticker set for this Minerva KO.

Getting more Japanese characters in the Classics/Generations line is my pipe dream too. Minerva, Metalhawk, Overlord, Victory Saber, and Deszarus are high on my want list for that line. I have the 2005 Botcon Deathsaurus but the Botcon Leozack is out of my price range for a TF that small. I actually managed to get a hold of a vintage Leozack in descent condition without any accessories for about $25 shipped and a Deszarus without accessories for just under $40 shipped a few years ago. I would love to have those guys complete, but I got a pretty good deal on them even without accessories so I can’t complain.

I got an early christmas package thanks to MegaGearMax who found me the Guardians of the Galaxy, Darkhawk and Windcharger!

This was a very cool Marvel Universe set, I think. I was a big fan of the Abnett & Lanning GotG run and I hope they'll make a second set with Moondragon, Mantis and Cosmo (Nova's already confirmed for next year).

And Windcharger takes his place in the 1984 crew... So happy he's showing up at discount stores now so I didn't have to shell out $$$ from online scalpers.

I just got a new addition to expand my MU collection: The Marvel Select Watcher! I didn't initially buy him when he first came out because he didn't fit with the Marvel Legends figures scale to me. But now with the new 4" Marvel figures he perfect!

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 28, 2012 at 12:11pm.

it was like Christmas for me yesterday

Star Wars The Old Republic Collectors Edition (mine and my brothers)

The Centurions Mini-Series DVD set from Warner Archive (for me and 2 other orgers)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yesturday I got a loose,mind cpk snacktime kid(22$ with sipping)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

I got a vintage GI Joe Rolling Thunder. It has now become my favourite vehicle.

I would have loved to own this as a kid. It has size and firepower, what more can you ask for in a vehicle?