Page 17 of 166 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Nice scores guys! Especially the Go-Bots!!!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Got almost 40 Gobots off Craigslist for about $4 ea

Not too bad a haul, 4 of the 6 Puzzler pieces, some of the main ones like Leader 1, Crasher, Alternate Cykill, Cop-Tur, Both variants of Spoons and some Rock Lords
    Nice haul there. Cop-Tur has his blades and Cy-Kill has his engine and wheels. The blue Leader 1 and black Cy-Kill have been on my want list for a while but I just haven't gotten around to getting them yet. Those are the versions of those leaders I had when I was a kid.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

ToyBiz x-men the motherload!

I'm building a Toy Biz x-men collection. I just got almost 20 of them MOC.

Storm (white)
    Rogue (without eye rings)
    nightcrawler with suction cups
    Apacolypse 2
    Sauron
    Tusk
    Forearm
    sabretooth I
    forge
    cannonball
    Banshee
    strong guy
    brood
    longshot
    stryfe
    collosus

These are so cheap averaging about $7.50 a piece; I can't wait to get more!
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Another Transformers shipment arrived, this one all the way from Japan.

Since I took this pic I did the "quick and easy" modification to make Megatron's "wings" removable. In the process I cut my hand open, clumsy as I am. From this we learn that Sandman should not be given xacto knives.

Attached Images Attached Images

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    In the process I cut my hand open, clumsy as I am. From this we learn that Sandman should not be given xacto knives.
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    My mutant healing power already took care of it.

Exacto cuts heal very quickly. They are usually very clean. I remember one time I was working on something and cut myself (twice, actually). Didn't really hurt and healed very fast.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    My mutant healing power already took care of it.
    You dang Swedes and your mutie healing powers!

Anyways, I got the '85 Squadron Supreme 12 issue mini-series yesterday. It's basically Marvel's parody of DC's Justice League. I really liked it as it deals with superheroes attempting to create a Utopian society by seizing power from citizens/government and dealing with the moral issues involved in such an undertaking. The superheroes use behavior modification programs on criminals, enemies, and each other to ensure their goals as well as disarming the populace and the military. And the unethical methods employed by the heroes causes dissension among their ranks as some members leave in protest which culminates in a battle royale at the end where many characters die.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Gots me the Girls:

I got some Uncanny X-men comics and an Amazig Spider-Man Annual #7 over the weekend...

And I'm up to date with the D-Arts Mega Man X figures! That's Mega Man X, Zero (from X1), and now I've got X in his full armor from X1! Each figure comes with different blasts (Zero coming with the mid-blast and X coming with the full charged shot) and I thought Armored X would come with the pink-ish giant blast from the game, but instead we get this GIANT golfball in blue:

I can only assume the blast is supposed to be the secret Hadouken you can pick up in Armored Armadillo's stage, but it's WAY bigger than it is in the game! Still, it's a pretty cool blast, whatever it is. Next will be VILE. I must have Vile. At any cost. If Vile were a release of some big console and there was a lineup at the store for it's release, I'd be at the front a week earlier in a tent with provisions. Favorite. Villain. Ever.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Some more X-Men comic goodness in the mail!

Now I got some Web-Head comics to boot...

For C-Smooth's personal edification, I got this comic...

Plus one with some Russian monkeys in it:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 22, 2012 at 11:27am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

FINALLY

a Muppet of a man...
    FINALLY
    I hope that has some Broadsidey goodness, Sandman.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Some more X-Men comic goodness in the mail!
    167 was my first Uncanny X-men comic as a kid. I love that issue.

Went for a road trip to the USA.
    Picked up the 6" Cheetara, 6" Classic Lion-O and Mummra, deluxe 4" lizard, golden lion armour thing and the chibi box set.
    HA Roadbuster and Leadfoot
    Heroica LE box
    GPK Flashback series 3 double packs

Couldn't find any of the new wave of 4" thundercats.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    167 was my first Uncanny X-men comic as a kid. I love that issue.
    Well, then, I'll keep the Uncanny X-Men comics rolling with these additions to my collection as well...

I drove from Ohio to Iowa and back over the holidays, and managed to turn it into a massive toy haul spanning four states!

On the way to Iowa, I stopped at a TRU in Indianapolis. I found the new NECA Soul Reaver figure and the new Crimson Hiss.

They also had both the She-Ra vs Supergirl and Zodac vs Green Lantern 2-packs. Only time I've seen them in stores.

Once I got to Iowa, my sister had third wave of the GI Joe 30th Anniversary figures for me! She found them in South Dakota. She even found a Renegades Storm Shadow!

After Christmas, I drove back to Ohio. My first stop was the TRU in Waterloo, Iowa. I snagged a DCUC Mad Love 2-pack. I've only seen it in stores once other than this, so I was glad I picked it up.

Then I rolled down to Iowa City, where I found the 4th wave of the GI Joe 30th Anniversary figures in a little mom and pop store. Two months later, and I still haven't seen these figures in any other stores!

Then I found these for $4 at a consignment store in Iowa City.

Also found this MOC Oz figure at the same store for $8. Yay for Buffy figures!

Last, but easily the most surprising... I stopped for dinner in Illinois, and decided to look around a Walgreens that happened to be next to where I stopped. And I found a GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Nano-Viper. How one of those was still on a peg in the wild, I have no idea. Amazing.

Good times, for sure. I'm definitely going to try a build a route of cool places to stop during future trips!
    Last edited by ksensor; February 23, 2012 at 05:06pm.

More and more 80's X-Men comics!

More ToyBiz goodies.

6 more Toybiz x-men, MOC.

bonebreaker, mojo, random, corsair, wolverine in street clothes, mystique in monster armor.

I've got more coming soon. This is great

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    ...Once I got to Iowa, my sister had third wave of the GI Joe 30th Anniversary figures for me! She found them in South Dakota. She even found a Renegades Storm Shadow!...

...Then I rolled down to Iowa City, where I found the 4th wave of the GI Joe 30th Anniversary figures in a little mom and pop store. Two months later, and I still haven't seen these figures in any other stores!...
    Man,how I wish those 30th Ann would be easier to get down here at the Pampas. Congrats for such haul, all those MIB Joes are plain beauty.

Last, but easily the most surprising... I stopped for dinner in Illinois, and decided to look around a Walgreens that happened to be next to where I stopped. And I found a GI Joe: Rise of Cobra Nano-Viper. How one of those was still on a peg in the wild, I have no idea. Amazing.
    $12 for a ROC Joe!!?? Isn't that too much? I thought that ROC figures marked the debacle of the classic style initiated with those beautiful 25th Ann.

Also, are those Batman Animated figures on the upper left corner of the Nano Viper pic? I thought that those would be much more rare to find on a peg. Aren't those from 1997 or something?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    $12 for a ROC Joe!!?? Isn't that too much? I thought that ROC figures marked the debacle of the classic style initiated with those beautiful 25th Ann.

Also, are those Batman Animated figures on the upper left corner of the Nano Viper pic? I thought that those would be much more rare to find on a peg. Aren't those from 1997 or something?
    There were actually some pretty cool ROC figures (not the movie characters though haha) For 95% of the single carded ROC Joes, you're right, $12 would be too much. But there were two figures that were really hard to find - Kamakura and the Nano-Viper. Both came out after the major retailers were vastly over-stocked with earlier "movie-head sculpt" figures. In fact, most people only reported seeing either of them at CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens/etc. Kamakura peaked at about $50 (now about $30). Nano-Viper was probably around $25, he's a bit lower now with the focus on 30th/POC. Very cool (and surprising) to find in the wild - especially now when most stores have gone through all of the POC waves and then the

I don't know anything about Batman Animated figures, so I couldn't say. Maybe someone else here in the thread?

No, they say Mattel on the red logo. Old animated say Kenner in blue and white on the bottom right corner.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    You see that $11 price tag? That's why. Pharmacies rarely ever have toy sales so stuff tends to sit around indefinitely because of the high prices. My local Walgreens still has ROC Cobra Commander on the pegs.

I got this via eBay. Getting these sets MOC is not very easy because they rarely pop up(even loose figures aren't that easy to get) and it's one of the VW sets.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I just received a complete Centurions Max Ray figure I bought on ebay
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, me too! He just arrived on Saturday, still mint in box.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Nice! Centurions were great for how small of line it was. Much more detailed sculpts than other toys of the time. I have Ace and Max complete but Jake Rockwell still alludes me. (Well, I have the figure but none of his parts.)
    I just got Jake Rockwell with a few accessories on ebay. Was then able to pick up 3 of the 4 missing parts I need from a fellow member. Now just missing his Shoulder Light mount.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I just found the DCUC wave 20 Sinestro. This is one of the few times where starting late in the game paid off since I wasn’t even collecting the line when the teenage sized Sinestro had come out. I really can’t decide which I like better between this one and the Toys R Us exclusive Superfriends style Sinestro.

I also picked up a vintage Star Wars Hoth Han Solo for just $3. I already had him but this one was in better shape so I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to upgrade for a measly $3.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I just got Jake Rockwell with a few accessories on ebay. Was then able to pick up 3 of the 4 missing parts I need from a fellow member. Now just missing his Shoulder Light mount.
    It is a pain in the butt to complete a figure bit by bit. But when it’s finally complete, you appreciate it so much more than a figure which you bought complete to begin with.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal