Page 23 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

I always liked those mini-playset type toys, Dan. Good find.

I have a desire to track down all the Mighty Max ones one day, those were the coolest thing ever (after the previous coolest thing ever but before the next coolest thing ever).

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got X-Men #52 yesterday...

And I got Reprolabels stickers for Herculers Scavenger to make him more like his G1 counterpart:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Went yard saling today and I found the following:

1. MLP: FIM Twilight Sparkle figure from Mcdonalds (the one that came out not too long ago and still in the package) for 25 cents
    2. This Miss Piggy figurine from Muppet Babies I got for 10 cents
    3. Madame Alexander Alice doll from Mcdonalds (I love Alice in Wonderland btw) for 25 cents.

for months i've been going back and forth, deciding whether i wanted to start collecting marvel legends again or if i wanted to start buying marvel universe. but i've finally decided to go with the latter. i picked up the fantastic four set (blue costumes) and the doctor doom/absorbing man (with wasp) two pack. i really want to get my hands on the human torch/wolverine and the nightcrawler/mowhawk storm two packs that i sometimes see.

i also picked up the S.L.U.G. zombies 12 pack.

and finally, i bought a tech deck skateboard to go with my neca raphael, which i've been meaning to do for years. i got one that had a moth design.

I snagged the two Amazon.com-exclusive GI Joe 4-packs yesterday. They sold out in less than a day, so I'm glad I got my order in. Also, since when does Amazon get exclusives???

Retaliation set - check out that black Cobra Commander!

Renegades set - nice looking Ninja Viper & a slightly modified version of Renegades Storm Shadow

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a CDMW-28 Hercules Custom Head and a CDMW-29 Hercules Custom Cement Barrel for my Hercules Devastator:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    New stuffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I always liked those mini-playset type toys, Dan. Good find.
    I particularly like the "Transporter Action" Capt. Kirk there. Playmates did some fun, goofy stuff getting the mileage outta those figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I got a CDMW-28 Hercules Custom Head and a CDMW-29 Hercules Custom Cement Barrel for my Hercules Devastator:
    Eventually, I hope you're going to post a picture of that thing all put together with all these add-on's you've been buying. I'd like to see the final project, when you get everything. Should be pretty... devastating...

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Eventually, I hope you're going to post a picture of that thing all put together with all these add-on's you've been buying. I'd like to see the final project, when you get everything. Should be pretty... devastating...
    No can do, Scooter. The Stapler cut off my photo uploading privileges when it was apparent I was proving to be too awesome and cool. So, all I can do is link stock photos now.

Heroic Warrior
    The Once Upon a Time soundtrack off of amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No can do, Scooter. The Stapler cut off my photo uploading privileges when it was apparent I was proving to be too awesome and cool. So, all I can do is link stock photos now.
    Whaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?!?!

AWESOME, Dan! I loved those mini turtle sets! Those were so awesome.

And....now....I see you are the owner of some -

....Thudbutt cheese.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Whaaaaaaaa!?!?!?!?!?!
    Yeah, I know, Dicey. But that's the kind of stuff you got to deal with when you're a superstud like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    I snagged the two Amazon.com-exclusive GI Joe 4-packs yesterday. They sold out in less than a day, so I'm glad I got my order in. Also, since when does Amazon get exclusives???
    I did not get heavy into getting 30th nor POC lines because of the truncated 25th Ann; and it is almost impossible to get some figures such as Low-Light, Commando Snake Eyes or Renegades Storm Shadow, but I wanted these sets since they were a nice start up point, specially the Renegades one. In any case they weren't available to be shipped to Argentina, and I don't want to know how much they would be in Evilbay.
    Congrats to you in getting them sir!
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

My latest non-MOTUC score was 12 of the 16 LEGO Minifigures from series 7. I don't know how LEGO is going to top this series, in my opinion it's the best so far.

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    My latest non-MOTUC score was 12 of the 16 LEGO Minifigures from series 7. I don't know how LEGO is going to top this series, in my opinion it's the best so far.
    Yeah, I found this series as well! Managed to snag three Space Commandos (whatever they are called) for a sort of squad. I'd like more, but I don't have the patience to keep checking, so I'll stick with the three and try out some different heads to make my squad. I seriously think they're my favorite lego guys ever; I love the old Space logo on the shoulders.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I love the hippie figure in that set. Makes me laugh every time I see it. That in that big VW Bus thing they did a while back would be great!

i got a few more marvel universe figures.

luke cage/iron fist two pack
    psylocke
    ages of thunder thor
    apocalypse
    iron man (classic suit)

For the first time since 2005, I picked up some Botcon exclusives. I love me some G1 Japanese Transformers characters. So Metalhawk and Gigatron (Overlord) had to be mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Also, since when does Amazon get exclusives???
    Well, last year they had an exclusive Transformers Unicron.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    For the first time since 2005, I picked up some Botcon exclusives. I love me some G1 Japanese Transformers characters. So Metalhawk and Gigatron (Overlord) had to be mine.
    I'm gonna guess you got the Deathsaurus figure from 2005's "Descent into Evil" set? That's one I'd actually like myself, partially because I love the Devil Gigatron mold.

Speaking of Gigatrons, I kinda like this version of Overlord (with his IDW head) but I am one of the many who wishes they had just repainted Cyclonus and slapped a new noggin on there to make an inner robot Metalhawk. He was almost never running around in the "Suit on" mode in the cartoon, so it just seems silly not to do the robot version.

However... I have a faint hope they did this version because there might be a robot-Metalhawk in the works. Hasbro DID confirm there will be more toys based on the cartoons and comics in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm gonna guess you got the Deathsaurus figure from 2005's "Descent into Evil" set? That's one I'd actually like myself, partially because I love the Devil Gigatron mold.

Speaking of Gigatrons, I kinda like this version of Overlord (with his IDW head) but I am one of the many who wishes they had just repainted Cyclonus and slapped a new noggin on there to make an inner robot Metalhawk. He was almost never running around in the "Suit on" mode in the cartoon, so it just seems silly not to do the robot version.

However... I have a faint hope they did this version because there might be a robot-Metalhawk in the works. Hasbro DID confirm there will be more toys based on the cartoons and comics in the future...
    Yep, Deathsaurus (along with Ironhide) from 2005 were my last Botcon exclusive purchases. There have been several exclusives I’ve liked but none that I’ve been willing to shell out for. In the case with Metalhawk and Overlord, their vintage counterparts go for around 5-6 times what I paid for these Botcon versions so I could justify the purchase.

I too prefer Metalhawk’s robot form over his Pretender shell. But I do feel that this figure represents Metalhawk’s Pretender shell better than Cyclonus’ mold would have worked as Metalhawk’s robot form.

I have my fingers crossed as well for a Generations figure based on Metalhawk’s robot form. I just hope that it is based on his Masterforce design and not that skinny IDW version.

Au contraire, I feel the Cyclonus mold is almost perfect for this.

MH custom.jpg

Of course, an all-new one would be interesting too, but that'll probably never happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Man did I hit the jackpot today. I was suppose to get six (the store limit is 3, plus additional ones if you donate a canned good), but my mom gave me her three free ones. Here are the following comics I've gotten:
    *Mouse Guard: Labyrinth and Other Stories
    *Donald Duck Family Comics
    *3 Adventure Time comics (2 I had to pay for because they came out recently)
    *Finding Gossamyr
    *The Infernal Devices Clockwork Angel
    *Spiderman season 1
    *Star Wars
    *The New 52 (a comic book featuring Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman)
    *Lady Death the Beginning
    *Popeye (I had to pay this one too because it was recent).

Here's the other stuff I got:
    *Thor FCBD figure (free at the comic book store)

I've been camera-less for a few weeks and lagged behind on my ever-so-important documentation of pointless crap I bought. So here goes my mop-up post for late March, April and early May.

Some flea market finds. That Starscream is rubbish, but I intend to use him for parts. I love Monsters in my Pocket and can never get enough of them! Also little Robot Masters Arcee is adorable.

From our very own Scotward I also got Quinlan Vos and a G1 Runamuck. Quinlan is one of those weird Star Wars characters where a complete throwaway background character gets turned into a really interesting one by the comics/novel writers. And that's pretty much why I wanted him, as I liked the Clone Wars comics a lot. Now I just need that new Aayla Secura to go with him...

From MegaGearMax and a guy on another forum I added some more Marvel Universe figures to my lineups. Yes, I am still sore that Psylocke is a 100% repaint (she doesn't even get a new head or new accessories, and can't hold her dinky katana) but I doubt there will be another Psylocke anytime soon. So meh. The Destroyer is the "normal" version of the figure with the weird semi-translucent head. I imagine there was a light-piping gimmick here at one point, but as it is it just looks odd. I may slather some silver paint over it to make it look better.

Also got the First Appearance variant for Ms Marvel, just in time for her name and costume change in the comics. Heh.

Also from MGM I got "Sky Shadow", better known as Black Shadow. A remold of Thunderwing (both as a G1 toy and this incarnation), this guy is one of those extremely rare cases when a Japanese-original character gets all-new tooling and a new US release! He even has a cartoon-model head (as opposed to his G1 toy head). This guy is awesome!

Finally... through some help I collected my Transformers Collector Club figures for this year. It was a pain and way too expensive to think about, but there they are. Runabout and Runamuck in fancy new "Classics" form. They are really cool figures, thankfully.

That's it for now, thanks to everyone who's helped me get this stuff.

Sky (Black) Shadow was my 2nd favorite Transformer released last year. (Amazon exl. Unicron was my favorite.) I love the transformation: not too complicated or too simple. Thunderwing and Sky Shadow were a real surprise given that there are both US and Japanese characters that are more well known.

Runabout and Runamuck are cool. If they were available at retail I’d pick them up. I just can’t shell out for them. Metalhawk, Gigatron, and one more rarity I have coming to me are pretty much it for my big spending this year.

I got Reprolabel's Classics stickers for Hercules Long Haul, Mixmaster and Scrapper. I made a mistake in ordering the Scrapper set as I don't have Hercules Scrapper. I have Hercules Bonecrusher. Oh well, I guess I'll have to place another order and get some sticker sets for Cyclonus and the seeker jets.

Plus I got a 6" Mumm-Ra. I would have preferred an Mumm-Ra in 8" scale but I got this one because it was there and in case they don't make an 8" one.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 8, 2012 at 08:16am.