Page 24 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Bought Woody's Roundup "Woody the Sheriff", "Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl", and "Bullseye" from Toys R Us this weekend:

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    edit------------
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; May 14, 2012 at 12:04pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got some more comics in the mail starting with Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #1-5 and #7:

Plus I got Transformers #63, #72 and #73:

Finally, I got New Mutants Annual #3:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 8, 2012 at 08:30am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I just bought the full set of Thundarr figures. I just discovered these a few weeks ago. I was going to take my time buying these, but now that Pixel Dan has reviewed them, I had to rush and grab them before they all disappear. Thanks, Dan.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Of Monster High, I bought

* Dead Tired Ghoulia
    * Ghoulia's comic book club fashion pack
    * Abbey Bominable
    * wave 1 Draculaura
    * wave 1 Frankie Stein
    * wave 1 Ghoulia
    * Operetta
    * Nefera

DT Ghoulia and Abbey were local store finds. Ghoulia's fashion pack was picked up for me, the rest were bought on eBay or Amazon. DT Ghoulia was opened and iwll be used for the fahsion pack, while the others will probably stay MIB for now.

I also bought these- unofficial WST Ultra Magnus in G1 and Diaclone colors.

As this occured in the course of two days...

Hot Toys True Type figure
    1/6 figure hitman cloth clothing

Monster High
    Operetta
    Operetta Fashion Pack
    Ghoulia Fashion Pack
    Lagoona Fashion Pack

I like all my toys to be well dressed apperantly...

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Since it seems almost super easy to violate the forum rules here I'm not even going to participate in these threads anymore. I'm here to do business and sell things and that is all from now on. It's just too much hassle otherwise. And if nothing starts selling shortly I go elsewhere.

I have a Hulk!

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I have a Hulk!
    Nice! I've been going back and forth on if I want that one or not, I think your pics just pushed me into the "yes"-column.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a bunch more ROM comics:

Plus I got 2 more drinking glasses, Doctor Doom and the Punisher!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

You really love those ROM comics

Do you have the original figure? I used to have it. Some day I will be able to get another one. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    You really love those ROM comics
    Yup, yup. I always liked the look of those ROM comics whenever I used to peruse them at my local bookstore as a kid. However, given my limited funds I could only buy my favorites (X-Men and Spider-Man). I bought a couple as a kid and that has pretty much carried over to my adult years. Now that I have the means, I plan on buying the entire 75 issue run of ROM comics (which, because they are relatively cheap, at present I am only 14 issues away from doing).

Do you have the original figure?
    Nah, Ice Cream Phil. My love was born from the comics and their awesome covers. Speaking of which more ROM comics I got in the previous bundle:

And I got some Bronze Age X-Men comics as well:

The only thing I remember is an issue where he gets trapped in his space suit and can't take it off any more. Maybe that was the first issue?

Maybe I'll look into that. The best collectible is a cheap collectible. That's why I like the Toy Biz X-men so much.

Toy Biz Juggernaut with light up energy weapon and removable helmet. I really like this figure a lot.

http://dos-man.webs.com/juggy.jpg

Last edited by Phil.Pastel; May 16, 2012 at 11:28am. Reason: Image Test

The only thing I remember is an issue where he gets trapped in his space suit and can't take it off any more. Maybe that was the first issue?
    Yeah, he was pretty much stuck in the armor since the beginning. He's a cyborg (organic and inorganic pieces meshed together) with most of his human parts (humanity) left in storage on his home planet, Galador.

Maybe I'll look into that. The best collectible is a cheap collectible.
    That's true. You can get most issues of ROM for $1 to $2 in very fine to near mint condition.

I got one more issue of ROM (#67):

I got some more X-Men issues starting with the first appearance of Dazzler (#130)

Toy Biz Juggernaut with light up energy weapon and removable helmet. I really like this figure a lot.
    I liked that 90's Juggernaut...then I got the Marvel Select Juggernaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah, he was pretty much stuck in the armor since the beginning. He's a cyborg (organic and inorganic pieces meshed together) with most of his human parts (humanity) left in storage on his home planet, Galador.

That's true. You can get most issues of ROM for $1 to $2 in very fine to near mint condition.

That's for me

I liked that 90's Juggernaut...then I got the Marvel Select Juggernaut.

Nah, I really don't want many different versions of the same character from different lines. I go with Toy Biz because they were prominent when the first animated series was running. I suppose I view those similarly to the way I view vintage MOTU and Filmation. Of course, they are going to make them bigger and better as the years go by, but they will never be as cool as the forerunners no matter how big and bad they become

Nah, I really don't want many different versions of the same character from different lines. I go with Toy Biz because they were prominent when the first animated series was running. I suppose I view those similarly to the way I view vintage MOTU and Filmation. Of course, they are going to make them bigger and better as the years go by, but they will never be as cool as the forerunners no matter how big and bad they become
    Well, that's where we'll have to disagree, Ice Cream Phil. I love villains and I love Juggernaut. I will always buy the bigger better version of Juggy whenever he comes out and that's what the Marvel Select Juggernaut is right now. Toy Biz was cool for it's time (I bought a crapload of them and still have them) but, for me, there are much better versions of those characters out there. But I understand your position as well.

But I got some more stock photos to share starting off with some Silver Age Spidey comics I got (namely #57 and #71):

I got Uncanny X-Men Annual #7 featuring the Impossible Man:

And in my bid to collect the entire 100-issue comic run of New Mutants, I bought a bunch recently (including Annual #5):

Well, that's where we'll have to disagree, Ice Cream Phil. I love villains and I love Juggernaut. I will always buy the bigger better version of Juggy whenever he comes out and that's what the Marvel Select Juggernaut is right now. Toy Biz was cool for it's time (I bought a crapload of them and still have them) but, for me, there are much better versions of those characters out there. But I understand your position as well.

Yeah, my loyalty is not to the x-men as a brand; it's to the original animated series, the arcade game, and the toy biz line. That's about all I have to do with x-men. I'm not a superhero guy. I've never even watched any of the movies. I prefer fantasy, nostalgia, and sci-fi. The x-men cartoon was one of the only good things I can remember from the mid-90's (a horrible time for me personally). So that is probably why I like it so much. Anyway, I can't really afford to buy multiples of guys; there's too much other stuff to buy.

The mailman has arrived with my Thundarr figures. These are great. Boy, was I unhappy with PD for reviewing these

I'm still debating on splurging on the Herculoids sets. They're pretty costly and kind of out of my usual range. But I really want them.

I got the last Food Fighter variant I needed to complete my figure set yesterday!!!

Now all I need is a few guns and a couple backpacks, Fry Chopper and the Combat Carton to complete the series!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

I have had some unexpected expenses to come up that ended up costing several thousand dollars so I won't be able to contrubute to this thread for a while
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Sorry to hear that. Still expect to you meet your obligations in the customs forum

gi joe

I got a good condition hooded cobra commander at a yard sale, yes its vintage $3
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

The mailman has arrived with my Thundarr figures. These are great. Boy, was I unhappy with PD for reviewing these

I'm still debating on splurging on the Herculoids sets. They're pretty costly and kind of out of my usual range. But I really want them.
    Get them! And then you'll have to get Space Ghost and the Blue Falcon/Dynomutt combo as well.

I got Secret Wars #6 (thus completing that series for me):

Amazing Spider-Man #305:

And two Alpha Flight comics (also on my list of collecting the entire 130-issue series quest):

And finally (for now I mean) I bought a pair of 1.00 t.w. carat diamond earrings as a future gift for someone (and hoping to receive so much more in return...)

I was actually hoping to get them for my birthday (which is in August).

And you're right, Space Ghost is a must. I was looking at him the other night

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Hey Benny, you want me to sign that Rom #51 for you?

Over the past 2 weeks, I got:

MU Storm
    MU Black Widow
    MU Wolverine/Sabretooth First Class 2-pack
    MU Guardian
    MU Thing
    MU Union Jack
    MU Constrictor

Family Guy Volumes 2, 3, 4.

Tales From the Crypt/Vault of Horror DVD

Disney's Little Mermaid 2-disc DVD (for $2 at a pawn shop! )

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Hey Benny, you want me to sign that Rom #51 for you?
    Only if you do it in your Spaceknight Golden Armor, Brandy Clark...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 17, 2012 at 09:23am.