Page 25 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Just got DC Arkham City: Wave 2 last night.

Riddler and Hush are excellent.
    Catwoman's face seems a little off, but overall the figure is a really good representation of the character.
    Detective Mode Batman is kind of gimmicky, but looks ok. I really don't like the articulation on the Arkham Batman body, however.
    The Mad Hatter is decent but really, really small. I was shocked by how small he is. I mean, he looks ok in scale with the other figures, but the guy could have used a few accessories to make him feel worth the money.

I like the set, but I'm really dissappointed that only the Mad Hatter comes with a stand (DC Direct figures always come with stands!) and both Catwoman and Hush don't even have holes in their feet to use other figures' stands.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Gold's at the cleaners, will you settle for metallic pink?
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Gold's at the cleaners, will you settle for metallic pink?
    Nope. Sorry.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Went to yard sales and Salvation Army today and got the following:

1. Mcdonalds toy from the early 90's I think of Kermit and Ms. Piggy from Muppet Babies (free)
    2. Small Batman action figure (free)
    3. Wizard of Oz book from Disney (63 cents)
    4. Judy Garland: Before the Rainbow for $4 (this book was in awesome condition as if it's never been read before).

Time for another batch of whatever I got since the last time I posted!

In superhero news:

Found that Thanos and other-guy comic pack! So glad this Thanos has his crazy grin; it's looks awesome. I'm also surprisingly pleased with the way the previous Thanos' Infinity Gaunlet looks on this one. The brighter gold of the Gauntlet seems to just look...right.

Also found the one with Mr. Sinister and Gambit, though I got it for Sinister. I also mostly got Sinister 'cause I used my old toybiz one (the old one with the glowing chest crystal) as a villian I made up myself, so I wanted 'em for the personal nostalgia.

I grew an interest in the Black Panther from watching the Avengers toon, so I picked up the special one with the glowing stand. Pretty neat!

Thought he looked cool!

I was looking forward to Psylock, but she's a little disappointing. I thought they had made a female mold with swivel biceps? This woulda been the place to use it! Also her hand doesn't hold the sword at all; even when I ran it under hot water to squeeze it closed. Still, she's not bad.

In Transformer news:

Loving these smaller Transformers! They are simple enough to transform back and forth, and I'm a sucker for translucent weapons. Starscream and Megatron are the stars here, though.

Finally, I got what I want out of the recent Lego Minifigure wave! I think I'll stop at 3 of those Space Marine guys, though 4 would be nice (don't think I've got the patience to look for more). I used both sides of the heads for two different guys, and a different head for an android of sorts.

I also accidentally got a second rabbit guy (must have missed the feel of the ears) and mixed 'em with an extra Knight guy I got for parts:

I call him Mr. Hare Trigger.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I got some New G.I. Joes, Airtight and some Techno Vipers. Also, Those Rom comics are rad. I had every issue, including the Annuals.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got home from work and got some packages containing some comics for me. However, the packages seemed to have been bent badly during shipping and it seemed to transfer to some to the comics inside. First time it's happened since I started buying all these comics through the mail. Luckily, the damage didn't seem to bad so hopefully time will help decrease some of the damage.

First I got some more Spidey comics starting off with issue #77:

Then I got issue #236 that features the death of the Tarantula:

Plus I got issues #245, #248 and #250:

I also got a classic Uncanny X-Men issue, #142, the 2nd part of the Days of Future Past story that features the deaths of future Wolverine, Storm and Colossus in the year 2013!

Lastly, I got a nifty Vader sweatshirt that'll help me school those lame Jedis and annoying younglings:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; May 18, 2012 at 10:35pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Evil finally showing his ugly mugg?
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

I just scored some of the new Monster Fighter Lego sets and a marvel lego set.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Got Monster High Werecat Twins, Rochelle Goyle, Jackson Jekyl and teh Cat Witch Create-a-Monster set today! so excited!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Evil finally showing his ugly mugg?
    Nah. That guy is doing something in that pic I would never do. I believe you mortals call it "smiling"...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Loving these smaller Transformers! They are simple enough to transform back and forth, and I'm a sucker for translucent weapons. Starscream and Megatron are the stars here, though.
    My friend buys those, the Bulkhead and Megatron are great! I pretend Megatron is a Klingon Warbird!

Finally, I got what I want out of the recent Lego Minifigure wave! I think I'll stop at 3 of those Space Marine guys, though 4 would be nice (don't think I've got the patience to look for more). I used both sides of the heads for two different guys, and a different head for an android of sorts.

I also accidentally got a second rabbit guy (must have missed the feel of the ears) and mixed 'em with an extra Knight guy I got for parts:

I call him Mr. Hare Trigger.
    Haha Mr. Hare Trigger looks fantastic! I like putting the meat cleaver into the hands of the clockwork robot from series 6. Changes the whole figure!

I grabbed six Space Marines myself, the leader has the eye cover and the rest the orange face. And I'm going to get as many Aztec Warriors as possible. I love mesoamerican culture. I'm planning on doing a big Mayan temple for them!

I'd reccomend grabbing a Poseidon, it's a really great figure!
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

I was looking forward to Psylock, but she's a little disappointing. I thought they had made a female mold with swivel biceps? This woulda been the place to use it! Also her hand doesn't hold the sword at all; even when I ran it under hot water to squeeze it closed. Still, she's not bad.
    Yeah, but Psylocke is a cheapo repaint wave. She is actually totally identical to the Jean Grey Phoenix figure from the Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2-pack from last year, even the head. And the sash is from the first version of the Ms Marvel figure.

Disappointing but I still got her to fill out my Jim Lee team.

Grats on getting the new 2-packs, btw!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Diablo III Collector's Edition
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    My friend buys those, the Bulkhead and Megatron are great! I pretend Megatron is a Klingon Warbird!
    Ah-HA! I knew his spaceship form looked familiar!

Haha Mr. Hare Trigger looks fantastic! I like putting the meat cleaver into the hands of the clockwork robot from series 6. Changes the whole figure!

I grabbed six Space Marines myself, the leader has the eye cover and the rest the orange face. And I'm going to get as many Aztec Warriors as possible. I love mesoamerican culture. I'm planning on doing a big Mayan temple for them!

I'd reccomend grabbing a Poseidon, it's a really great figure!
    Ha! You're right; suddenly the robot's eyes look so...focused. But yeah, I may end up getting at least one more Space Marine. And perhaps I will pick up Poseidon - I ran into him enough when I was checking for the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Yeah, but Psylocke is a cheapo repaint wave. She is actually totally identical to the Jean Grey Phoenix figure from the Cyclops/Dark Phoenix 2-pack from last year, even the head. And the sash is from the first version of the Ms Marvel figure.

Disappointing but I still got her to fill out my Jim Lee team.

Grats on getting the new 2-packs, btw!
    Ah, I thought her head looked familiar. Honestly I don't even care that she's a repaint; would have just been cool to use a better body to repaint (assuming this isn't the only female mold). And like I said; I wish she held her sword at all. It just rests in her hand.

Oh, and thanks! I'll bet ya anything that I never see those comic packs again. Not that I need to...it just feels like luck that I ran into them at all, since I found them at Wal-Mart and I rarely go there. Dunno what it is with Target. Sometimes they get the new stuff, sometimes they skip it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The new MU Black Widow figure with the light up base has the Dark Phoenix/Psylocke head too. But it's 100x better than the head from that Luke Cage Wave. Widow's belt and Widow Bracelets are yellow too, instead of silver.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    DC Universe Classics Wave 20

So today was kinda Hulktastic. Stopped by my LCBS and found this:

Also, mrs.ward found this at Wal-Mart and decided I needed it...

She got the Nick Fury one for her car.

Ah, I thought her head looked familiar. Honestly I don't even care that she's a repaint; would have just been cool to use a better body to repaint (assuming this isn't the only female mold). And like I said; I wish she held her sword at all. It just rests in her hand.

Oh, and thanks! I'll bet ya anything that I never see those comic packs again. Not that I need to...it just feels like luck that I ran into them at all, since I found them at Wal-Mart and I rarely go there. Dunno what it is with Target. Sometimes they get the new stuff, sometimes they skip it.
    The katana is terrible. I have no idea which figure it's a reuse from but as you say, her grip is way too loose to hold it. It just droops and looks dinky. Maybe the swivel legs from X-23 were too short? I dunno why they didn't reuse any more articulate bits. Also, something I really miss on this female body is an elbow swivel so she can move her arms outwards. Even X-23 doesn't have one, which makes her claw poses awkward.

And yeah, the two-packs are weird. In my month of hunting during my vacation I found exactly ONE Deadpool/Taskmaster 2-pack, right after a restock. Meanwhile they had millions of the pegwarming ones like Cyclops/Marvel Girl, Wolverine/Sabretooth and Cyclops/Dark Phoenix...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The katana is terrible. I have no idea which figure it's a reuse from but as you say, her grip is way too loose to hold it. It just droops and looks dinky. Maybe the swivel legs from X-23 were too short? I dunno why they didn't reuse any more articulate bits. Also, something I really miss on this female body is an elbow swivel so she can move her arms outwards. Even X-23 doesn't have one, which makes her claw poses awkward.

And yeah, the two-packs are weird. In my month of hunting during my vacation I found exactly ONE Deadpool/Taskmaster 2-pack, right after a restock. Meanwhile they had millions of the pegwarming ones like Cyclops/Marvel Girl, Wolverine/Sabretooth and Cyclops/Dark Phoenix...
    Yeah the sword came with Ronin originally (unless it came with someone before that) and any of the Hand ninjas afterward. The holes in thier hands were just enough to slide the sword into. That makes the handle REAL small, though. Psylock just can't hold it.

And I also only found one Deadpool/Taskmaster pack. Never saw it again since! I hate that I gotta get lucky with these, but at least I'm finding them at SOME point.

Picked these up off of craigs a few days ago.Attachment 76157Attachment 76159
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Very nice haul, Icer. Pirates of Dark Water figures are hard to get in the first place, and some of those Transformers look like they're in good condition. Snaptrap is a great figure and I like Jackpot, Mainframe and Krok despite being Action Masters.

Alexx: The sucky thing is that the Taskmaster I got in the only 2-pack I found was crap, and now I want a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I got some New G.I. Joes, Airtight and some Techno Vipers.
    Did you find Airtight at retail or get him online? I managed to find the Techno Viper. But Airtight, Lifeline, and Sci-Fi still elude me. I'm wondering if I should give up trying to find them at retail and pay aftermarket prices.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I found all of the 30th anniversary Joes at retail. Mostly at Walgreens, but more recently, at the grocery store.
    Also, this came today:kaliandrex.jpg
    If you ever worked in a record store, this collection of comics is essential.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I got Uncanny X-Men #140 featuring the conclusion to the Wendigo saga:

And Annual #15:

Plus I got Amazing Spider-Man #361 featuring the debut of Carnage, another of my favorite villains: