Page 27 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got some more Bronze Age Amazing Spider-Man comics (#167, #168, #170, #172) with the debut of Will O' Wisp ("the most senses-shattering new character") and just as quickly is largely forgotten! Plus the "psychotic" Rocket Racer...a guy on a skateboard...

I got a couple of Transformer issues (#44 and #62):

And the obligatory Bronze Age X-Men comic books (#105, #, #139, and #141) with #141 being the first part of the Days of Future Past storyline including the death of Franklin Richards and the intro of Rachel Summers (Phoenix II):

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 8, 2012 at 07:33pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Man, every single one of those ROM covers are consecutively the most awesome thing. Taking down fighter jets, getting screamed at by a playdoh man, crashing a wedding and straight up murdering the groom, robot laser fights, and a friggin' pedophile elf with tenticles. Okay, so maybe the last one wasn't as awesome as the rest, but I seriously should have gotten into that comic a long time ago.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

My 12-figure case of GI Joe: Retaliation figures arrived from HTS! I got a blue Cobra Commander and a blue Joe Trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Man, every single one of those ROM covers are consecutively the most awesome thing. Taking down fighter jets, getting screamed at by a playdoh man, crashing a wedding and straight up murdering the groom, robot laser fights, and a friggin' pedophile elf with tenticles. Okay, so maybe the last one wasn't as awesome as the rest, but I seriously should have gotten into that comic a long time ago.
    Bill Mantlo's best title in a string of awesome titles. You should check it out.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    FINALLY found Adam Warlock/Thanos & Gambit/Mr. Sinister from MU, as well as Dr. Doom...also picked up MU Psylocke & Ages of Thunder Thor last week. Found Skrull Soldier & Black Widow (whom I'm debating keeping or trading) from the Avengers line, as well.
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Bill Mantlo's best title in a string of awesome titles. You should check it out.
    Sandusky speaks the truth, Alexxia. As I said before, you can get the majority of ROM comics for $1-$2 and with only a run of 75 issues (plus 4 annuals), it's a very viable collecting option.

And speaking of ROM comics, I just got ROM #18. And thus I have accomplished my goal of owning the complete run of ROM comics:

I also got a couple more Transformers comics (#45 and #67 which has the introduction of Galvatron in the comics as conqueror of North and South America in the year 2009!):

I got Uncanny X-Men #128 that features the death of Proteus, the son of Moira MacTaggert:

And finally, I got New Mutants #87 which features the debut of Cable:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I also got a couple more Transformers comics (#45 and #67 which has the introduction of Galvatron in the comics as conqueror of North and South America in the year 2009!):
    Yeah, that was a rough year. The introduction of Masters of the Universe classics monthly figures, and Galvatron ruling the US. No wonder the economy took a downturn.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Transformers Generations - Cybertronian Soundwave
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I also got a couple more Transformers comics (#45 and #67 which has the introduction of Galvatron in the comics as conqueror of North and South America in the year 2009!
    I got Transformers #67 when I was 12, and being a G1 cartoon purist, I had no idea on what's going on. I was just surprised by seeing Rodimus crucified and amazed by that great "strange" Galvatron on the cover. Then I come to know that was Jim Lee's cover.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I got NECA's Galactic Friend E.T.
    This message has been Orko Approved

I just got the 7 inch Art Asylum Gorn figure. He looks great with King Hiss and Kobra Khan.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Today I got two promotional canvas posters of Tim Burton's Corpse Bride that my grandma found at a yard sale. Thanks Grandma.

splashin surprise lemon (ssc)
    the last 4 ssc dvds
    a coupke hundred yugi cards
    we did it dora
    brats babyz donut chair
    tf armada optimus spinning pop

video games:
    kirby:the crystal shards(n64)
    little mermaid(gb)
    super mario deluxe(gbc)
    dora saves the snow princess(ds)
    disney princess(ds)
    totally anjelica(ps1)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Picked up the Marvel Universe Sentinel on clearance at Walmart for$20. I don't collect MU, but Sentinel is cool enough to display with other lines.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Heroic Warrior
    Ordered these off of Amazon.com for 43-47% off:

1. Codename Sailor V Vol.1. I've been wanting this manga for quite a while now. Now that it's at a cheap price I can get a great deal on it.
    2. Sailor Moon Vol.4. I only have the first 3 volumes and now I'm getting Vol.4 (vol.5 comes out in July)
    3. Star Wars Omnibus Droids and Ewoks (preorder). I've been in a Star Wars mood lately and I felt a need to purchase something Star Wars related. So what better way then to get something with Artoo and Threepio in it. I already own the Omnibus Dark Horse comics of the Droids series (Protocol Offensive is awesome btw) and now I wanted something from the vintage line (not crazy about Ewoks, reminds me too much of Care Bears).

Got a bunch of Lego blind bagged minis: Bagpiper, Minotaur, Cleopatra, boxer, lumberjack, evil dwarf, merman, female zookeeper, gangster w/ violin case. Love these little guys!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Went to a toys show in Columbus on Sunday and found some very cool things!

Tomart's is in Dayton, and Tom had a booth at the show. He needed to duck out for a bit, so I ran his booth for awhile. I sold a Transformers prototype to a guy dress as Jack Sparrow who refused to drop out of character. Good times.

As a thank you, Tom signed an issue of Action Figure Digest for me! I picked the issue featuring the Super Powers playset I desperately wanted as a kid. I thought it looked so cool, and I was sad that I never saw one in a store - I had no idea at the time that, even though it was on the cardback, it never actually got made!

I snagged a beautiful MOC Super Sonic Psyche-Out for $12 from Tom. I got the DG exclusive Joes for $6-10 each - the CC and SE complete my set, and the SS and second SE are openers. Also grabbed 6 random vintage Joes I needed (straight arms and mail-aways, baby!). I found an incomplete Night Force Psyche-Out, the first NF figure in my collection! Also grabbed the black jacket version of General Flagg on a trashed card to open.

MIB variant LT for $10 and a Secret Wars Dr. Doom with beautiful paint for $5. I picked up the 4 Robin Hood figures for $15 just because that nearly completes my set of that series. I'd never seen Little John or Friar "my body is the Gamorrean Guard mold" Tuck before

Picked up a vamp Drusilla MOC and a pair of cool Buffy lunchboxes for $22 total. Drusilla and the bigger lunchbox were both Previews exclusives.

Also added to my BtVS collection with this 4-pack. I've passed on picking this set up a couple of times, but couldn't pass on a nice one for only $40. It looks great on the shelf with my other Buffy multi-packs!
    Last edited by ksensor; June 11, 2012 at 02:11pm.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Also added to my BtVS collection with this 4-pack. I've passed on picking this set up a couple of times, but couldn't pass on a nice one for only $40. It looks great on the shelf with my other Buffy multi-packs!
    Nice score with the Buffy stuff. I've been looking for a nice Buffy figure for a while myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Secret Wars Dr. Doom with beautiful paint for $5.
    Nice find there! That is my all-time favorite Doom; mostly because he's my first Doom and the one I used all through childhood. Mine was of course completely rubbed clean of his detail, but I found one still in package at a comic shop for 15$ some two or three years ago. He's perfect! Also the first one I've ever had with his weapons and shield. 'Course I don't have any use for in-package stuff so I opened him up; didn't bother me much at fifteen bucks.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I've been buying Lego Minifigs like it's going out of style lately. I recently grabbed the Space Marine, Poseidon, Tarzan, Aztec Warrior, and the Surgeon. Some of those were to finish up my David Tennant Doctor Who, Rose Tyler, and He-Man customs. I'm thrilled with how they have turned out, and those blasted minifigs have gotten me coming back for more. Those led to picking up the Batman pouch from TRU and the Sea Monster from the Monster Fighters line (which I'm sure is just the beginning of that particular line-SO awesome).
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I bought NECA's Evil Dead 2 figures - Deadite Ash and Farewell To Arms Ash.

Some Showbiz Pizza goodness.Garage sales you've got to love em!Attachment 76622
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

I found a ThunderRacer with Lion-o figure at Ross. They just had one for 7.99. There wasn't one with Tygra, or I would have picked that up as well. Also got a Tron Legacy lightjet for $5.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

More comic goodness starting off with New Mutants #74, #77 and Annual #2 (featuring the intro of Betsy Braddock a.k.a. Psylocke and sister to Captain Britain):

I also got Amazing Spider-Man #156 (featuring the debut of Mirage whose greatest claim to fame was getting killed by Scourge), #158, #166, #259 (featuring the return of Spidey's old suit and the origin of Mary Jane) and Annual #22 (featuring the debut of Speedball a.k.a. Penance):

Finally, I got the latest wave of Star Wars Vintage Card series (with Darth Malgus):

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 12, 2012 at 09:18am.

Heroic Warrior

'77 Polish 1sh , a crown jewel in a Jaws collection for sure
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !