Page 28 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Got another 30th Anniversary Techno Viper, a Rise of Cobra Cobra Commander, a Hot Wheels Brave and the Bold Batmobile, and a Hot Wheels '66 TV Batmobile (which is AWESOME).
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    YOLT 45th anniversary today

This was Connerys 5th Bond , he needed time away from Bond due to the extreme media hassle while in location Japan. Enter George Lazenby......

German 1sh sgd by McGinnis (he did the art for YOLT , OHMSS , DAF & LALD) , Les Bricusse (theme song lyrics which Nancy Sinatra sang) and even super rare sgd cut of Tiger Tanaka. This was the only Bond to feature the UA circle logo , by x-mas '67 they were bought by Transamerica , enter the "T" logo.

RIP :

Osato (dead 1988....he also was in the '66 Batman movie , zapped by Jokers de-hydrate weapon)
    Blofeld #1 (d. '95)
    Tanaka (d. '06)

Sadly every main villain from the 60s are now 6 ft under , such is life
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I got a white light cycle from TRON Legacy at Ross for $5. I ordered the Light Runner on-line for $13.

I'm into this line right now and loving these prices. Wouldn't it be funny if they ever turn out to be good collectible, heh. Must have more.........
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Found these two! Hawkeye is cool and can do some decent poses. Mostly it's just cool that his hands rock and his bow doesn't fall out. Widow is alright, but she's got some annoying things about her: only one of her hands has a trigger finger (had to cut the other one), the guns stick out of her holsters awkwardly, she only looks like Johansson from certain angles, and the arched back limits her poses. 'Course you're gona get that with any figure that doesn't have a torso joint, but her back is REALLY arched! Not a terrible figure (and looks better than the other Widow figure out there now) but it coulda been better.

So outta the two I like Hawkeye quite a bit better. Not only does he just work out better, but you can take the launcher off his other bow and have two bows!

...well yeah, one guy can't use two bows, but Ultimate Hawkeye didn't come with a bow, so score! One bow for Ultimate Hawkeye!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    One day I was working at Walmart and I saw a Cody Rhodes/Rey WWE Rumblers two pack. I put it ontop of the riser to buy it the next day. However it was gone!

On Monday more came in so I got them!
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got Uncanny X-Men #135 which has the full blown introduction of the Dark Phoenix!

I also got Marvel Graphic Novel #4, the introduction of the New Mutants:

And I got a couple of Amazing Spider-Man books starting with #43 which has the 3rd appearance of the Rhino:

Plus Amazing Spider-Man #209 which has the first appearance of Calypso:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; June 14, 2012 at 09:48am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    So outta the two I like Hawkeye quite a bit better. Not only does he just work out better, but you can take the launcher off his other bow and have two bows!
    Good pickups Alexx! I've been considering getting the movie Widow and popping one of the comic Widow's head onto it, but I'm not sure that'll work. I just wish that there would be a decent comic-styled one. Good call on Hawkeye's bow, though!

I'm gonna do a little flea market/miscellaneous finds coverage. So here's some odds and ends from the last 2 months or so.

McDonald's Changeables, aka McDonald's Transformers. I got rid of mine years ago and they are pretty much the only fast food promotion I really loved. So when spotting some dirt cheap I ended up picking them up again. Not a complete set yet, but I'm working on it. I blame the Pop Culture Network folks and Pixel Dan for reminding me how fun these are!

All manner of Transformers for several franchises!

I was really happy to find these. The figures are complete, as are the vehicles (though I ended up having to transplant a windshield from my old broken-down landspeeder to complete it). Quite rare to find cheap Star Wars toys in this quality these days.

Finally, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Titanus, Ninja Megazord and Falconzord. Yeah, I was out of toys by the time MMPR rolled by (it was one of the first things I actively thought was "dumb" and made me stop watching kid's TV at the time), but in retrospect I do appreciate the sentai shows that they mined for the MMPR footage. Anyway, I found these toys nearly complete, with great stickers, nothing broken and the box for the Ninjazord. And I ended up picking them up. Titanus is -huge-! A really cool toy, even if he isn't very articulate. Not sure yet if I'll keep or sell these, but for now they are kinda fun to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    McDonald's Changeables, aka McDonald's Transformers. I got rid of mine years ago and they are pretty much the only fast food promotion I really loved. So when spotting some dirt cheap I ended up picking them up again. Not a complete set yet, but I'm working on it. I blame the Pop Culture Network folks and Pixel Dan for reminding me how fun these are!
    OH MAN, I loved those things! I've still got my originals amazingly enough; it was pretty much a fluke. I must have shoved them in this drawer in a cabinet at my Dad's house when I was a little kid, 'cause I found 'em there in the same spot recently. Just about untouched for years! Only had the hotcakes and fries bots, though (as well as a happy meal dinosaur, but he's not as cool). I'd love to complete the set of robots someday.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    OH MAN, I loved those things! I've still got my originals amazingly enough; it was pretty much a fluke. I must have shoved them in this drawer in a cabinet at my Dad's house when I was a little kid, 'cause I found 'em there in the same spot recently. Just about untouched for years! Only had the hotcakes and fries bots, though (as well as a happy meal dinosaur, but he's not as cool). I'd love to complete the set of robots someday.
    I picked up a bunch of these a few weeks back at a garage sale.I even picked up some of the Mc.D's Stompers.Mainly found the Bigfoot ones.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

just one ordered today

Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Thundercats items @ $10 a piece....

My local TRU has buy one get one free on TC merch. Sale is today and Sat. only. Possibly, it might be nationwide; I have no idea.

At any rate, I spent $40 and got a pair of 8" Tygras, along with the ThunderTank and the Tower of Omens.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    My local TRU has buy one get one free on TC merch. Sale is today and Sat. only. Possibly, it might be nationwide; I have no idea.

At any rate, I spent $40 and got a pair of 8" Tygras, along with the ThunderTank and the Tower of Omens.
    Just checked on the Toys R Us website, and they're doing the sale there too.

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Just checked on the Toys R Us website, and they're doing the sale there too.
    Yeah, I kind of regret buying those two Tygra's now that Anubis says his TRU has 20 of them LOL. I can take them back, but I don't have to rush. Maybe they'll put some better stuff out and I'll do an exchange.

Heroic Warrior
    The replica of the 1st issue of Spiderman plus the dvd it comes with at Wal-mart for $2.96

- - - Updated - - -

Princess Celestia action figure (from Mcdonalds) for a quarter.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It was a Spidey kind of weekend with me getting 6 Amazing Spider-Man comics starting with Annual #9:

I got Amazing Spider-Man #61 which is the first to have Gwen Stacy on the cover:

Another Silver Age issue I got was #70:

Next I got issue #207 with X-Men foe, Mesmero:

As well as issue #210 that has the debut of Madame Web:

And last, I got issue #211 with Spidey tangling with The Sub-Mariner:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heroic Warrior
    I know it said non MOTU but I picked up MOTUC Molar 2 pack, Marlena SDCC version, Gygor, and Keldor all moc all for $20.00

More TRON Legacy toys. Another white light cycle (that I opened) for $6 at a Big Lots.

Die cast vehicles for $2 a piece at five & below, Clu's command ship and the Grid Limo.

It was my birthday today so I got

• Hot Toys Captain America
    • Living Dead Dolls "Day of the Dead" Series 20 Mexcian Wrestler Variant
    • Green Lion with Pidge

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It was my birthday today so I got

• Hot Toys Captain America
    • Living Dead Dolls "Day of the Dead" Series 20 Mexcian Wrestler Variant
    • Green Lion with Pidge

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...07177629_n.jpg
    I love that Cap'n version from Hot Toys but I love all their work so yeah. Also, the Mezco Living Dead Dolls is one of the most under-appreciated lines of "art quality" toys I've ever seen.

I got a pair of 4" Clu figures for TRON Legacy. I just need Kevin Flynn now. (anybody got a Castor I can borrow?)

I got Grune the Warrior in the mail. A guy on Ebay had them for $14 shipped. Sweet deal. Couldn't find that one anywhere.

Here's my latest batch of comic goodness to arrive at my dark abode.

First is Amazing Spider-Man #183 which features the debut of (and subsequent demise of) Big Wheel:

Second, I got #195 which has the second appearance of the Black Cat:

Third is #249 which has the Hobgolbin and Kingpin:

Now onto some X-Men comics like issue #85 that introduces the new X-Menace, Factor 3!

And the saga continues in issue #86 where the X-Men battle the Vanisher, the Blob, Mastermind, Unus and the Changeling to keep them from starting World War III:

The climax begins as the X-Men avert nuclear disaster and face the leader of Factor 3, Mutant Master, who turns out to be an alien. Plus the debut of the X-Men's new uniforms:

I also got issue #97 that features the return of Eric the Red as he enlists Havok and Polaris in his attempt to kill Professor X:

Next is issue #110 that has Warhawk takeover the X-mansion's computers and uses its defenses against the X-Men:

In issue #127 Phoenix officially joins the X-Men and we get a glimpse of Mutant X:

And finally, I got issue #127 which has the X-Men battling Proteus, son of Moira MacTaggert:

Heroic Warrior
    Went yard saling this morning and this one guy had a whole bunch of stuff to sell. There was a whole table full of Star Wars action figures and vehicles. There was so many that I wanted (Greedo, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, IG-88, Obi-Wan Kenobi, etc.). The figurines were $2-5 a piece. They also had vhs tapes of the Indiana Jones trilogy ($3 each) and the Star Wars films on dvd for $8 each (I was only missing Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith). They did have a C-3PO action figure (which was an action figure I would love to own), but he wasn't in his gold form (he had that gray plating in Attack of the Clones). I wanted everything there. The problem? I didn't have enough money (I only had $12 on me). So I picked up Obi-Wan Kenobi (with lightsaber) and the guy said he was $4. I asked him if he could take $3 and he said sure.

Me: (in bad Obi-Wan impersonation) The Sandpeople are rather started. But they'll be back and in greater numbers.
    Mom: What?
    Me: I'm quoting Obi-Wan!

If only I had enough for everything else.

I got King Claudus in the mail. I had to pay out good money to get him.

Damn, he's impossible to find. I swept every Wal-mart, Kmart, and Target in about a 30 mile radius. I found lots of stuff that commands even more than he does. That's crazy

Some more comics have hit this weekend at Casa de Benedict! First I got Uncanny X-Men #71 which reprints the story that reveals how Professor X lost the use of his legs. Surprise! It was because of Lucifer!

And then I have more of ol' Webhead's exploits starting with Amazing Spider-Man #112 where Spidey swears off of crimefighting...for about 5 pages.

Next I got issue #159 whcih features Doc Ock and Spidey teaming up to fight a newly returned from the dead Hammerhead:

And I got issue #160 where Spidey fights his very own Spidermobile:

In issue #169, J. Jonah Jameson puts 2 and 2 together and figures out that Peter Parker is Spider-Man:

The Green Goblin (III)makes a return in issue #176 by attacking Flash Thompson and it's Spidey to the rescue:

And finally I got issue #186 where Spider-Man is officially cleared of the murder of Capt. Stacy:

I stopped off at my local Target last night. I wasn't expecting to find anything, but I got a 4" Panthro on clearance for $5. I now have both versions.

I sold my other Storm Charger. So I ordered Tygra's ThunderRacer.

All I need now is Slithe and the 6" Tygra. I pretty much have everything else.