Page 31 of 159 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

6" Samus Aran from Metroid.

An amazing figure, a little shorter than I expected, but still very cool.

OMG I didn't know Samus was out already!! Gotta get that.

In other important video game character news:

The Mega Man Network put up a contest not long ago. The basics of it were that you had to show how your Mega Man collection was cool enough for Zero - specifically the Zero pictured above! I won it (along with one other brilliant fellow for a total of two winners) with this comic.

I got the figure yesterday, and responded with an arrival comic.

Anyway, it's an awesome figure! His parts fall off a bit more than on the other figures, but so far it hasn't been a big problem.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    6" Samus Aran from Metroid.

An amazing figure, a little shorter than I expected, but still very cool.
    That figure is tempting even if it is the... *shudder* Other M design.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    That figure is tempting even if it is the... *shudder* Other M design.
    That's exactly WHY you should get it! Then you can have the figure act out all the things she SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING rather than listening to that moron "commander" of hers and wizzing in her armor when she sees Ridley, who she has fought countless times before that (and according to one of the Primes: stood in the middle of a weak platform over a DEEP HOLE while Ridley flew straight down at her and fought his screaming, monstrous form all the way down the hole).

*ahem* Ah...you know what I mean.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    More Silver and Bronze Age goodness got here! First I got Uncanny X-Men #69, a double size issue that reprints the X-Men's first encounter with Master Mold and Mimic:

Then I got Uncanny X-Men Annual #1 that depicts the X-Men versus The Avengers and Lucifer:

I also got Amazing Spider-Man #54 that features Doc Ock becoming Aunt May's boarder:

And in Amazing Spider-Man #69, Spidey battles the Kingpin:

And last of the comics I got was Amazing Spider-Man #194 that introduces the first appearance of Black Cat:

And as far as action figures go, I got a Marvel Select Deadpool as well:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Picked up a nice 9" Sony portable Blu-Ray at BB a couple of weeks ago. Soooo awesome, but it needs a region unlock for DVD's. I look but me not find yet, hopefully there'll be one soon.

Hannah Dundee figure.

Always liked the colorful packaging for this line, and it's nice to get 15 year old figures for $10.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

haven't received it yet, but I bought Hot Toys On Stranger Tides Jack Sparrow.

I also pre-ordered the joker 2.0 and TDKR Batman...sigh. I'm AIMING to get the hot toys tumbler, it comes out august, I may be able to save up for it.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Today was a toy day:

Monster High Draculaura

SDCC Thundercats Minimates

Lego Minifigures (yet ANOTHER Aztec Warrior...Mermaid King, Hippie, Computer Programer)

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Okay, a whole lot of loot showed up this weekend for me. Here are the ones I can talk about. First I got a couple of Bronze Age Amazing Spider-Man comics, namely #192 and #193:

I also got Uncanny X-Men Annual #2 (a.k.a. King Size X-Men #2) which reprints the X-Men's battles from issues #22 and #23:

Then I got Uncanny X-Men #76 which reprints their first encounter with Banshee:

And I got Uncanny X-Men #108 (which is John Byrne's first issue) and has the climactic battle with D'Ken, the mad Shi'ar emperor:

I also got Uncanny X-Men #120 and #121 which features the debut of Alpha Flight:

On the toy front I got some major exclusives in beginning with the TRU exclusive X-Factor repaint set. True that it's a cheap repaint set and some of the paint work is sloppy (particularly on Marvel Girl and Cyclops) but I'm a sucker for 80's costumes. I love the X-Factor duds and the little inhibitor belt on Iceman (I just wish it was removeable so I can put it on the single release Iceman who actually has an 'X' on his chest). Plus this gives me my first Angel MU figure (although I prefer the powder blue/white costume color scheme for him). I also like the new paint scheme for Apocalypse. All in all a good set (except for the blaring omission of humanoid Beast because Cat Beast ain't gonna cut it for me):

Next I got my SDCC Masters of Evil set in. I like them alot with Tiger Shark being my favorite out of the bunch. I've always liked his look and his evil grin and metallic purple paint compliments his orange body very well. I am a little disappointed that Radioactive Man's eyes were not painted differently to contrast his translucent body but I'm sure that when they release him later singly they'll fix this. Baron Zemo is also cool (with his shoulder fur harness being a separate piece) but a major problem with him is that his hands are not molded so that he can hold his sword or his gun. A major annoyance. Luckily I kept some of the see-through elastic bands from previous action figures that are used to hold weapons while on card. Just a forewarning to those who bought this set.

And lastly, I got my SDCC Shockwave/Destro Set in. I can't go into much detail on this one as I haven't opened it yet. I'm still figuring out where I'm going to put him:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 21, 2012 at 10:31pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Plastic crack @ $7 per hit.

Don't mind if I do

- - - Updated - - -

Some behind the scenes Ebay haggling, and I was able to get the remaining 5 figures for $60.

I'm $80 lighter, but I will now have the complete figure set for this line This is another small line; my speciality

I will need the 2 vehicles. It irks me because I used to have several NIB skeletal horses back in the day
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; July 22, 2012 at 08:08pm.

Scored some stuff this weekend...

Last edited by scar1321; July 23, 2012 at 05:14pm.
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Plastic crack @ $7 per hit. Some behind the scenes Ebay haggling, and I was able to get the remaining 5 figures for $60.
    Cool, Ice Cream Phil. I had an Aracula adorning my college room. I'll probably have to acquire the entire set of villains in the Skeleton Warriors line myself in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Scored some stuff this weekend...
    And a nice score to you to Scaramantula on the Madball figures! Those things were cool!

As for myself, I got some more Alpha Flight comics (#73-76, #79, #105, #117,#122 and #123):

And an update on my SDCC Shockwave/Destro purchase...well, I finally opened him up and assembled him. I love his metallic purple paint deco! I love Destro's purple color scheme and his briefcase of money (both American and Euro money). I like the Constructicon-colored B.A.T. And I love mini-Soundwave and his even mini-er cassettes. He has a peg on the back of him so that any Joe or Cobra can carry them on their backs while jamming to some music. In fact, the boc I got came with an extra set of mini-Soundwave and his cassettes! How cool is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Cool, Ice Cream Phil. I had an Aracula adorning my college room. I'll probably have to acquire the entire set of villains in the Skeleton Warriors line myself in the near future...

I can start you off on your quest. To get the Skullcycle at a reasonable price, I just wound up with an extra Dagger and Cyborn MOC. I'll gladly give them to you for $7.50 each. PM me if interested.

Turtles! Found just about everything, but I'm a little light on toy cash at the moment, so I only snagged these two for the good guys, and:

These two for the bad guys. I am LOVING these guys so far! Still some oddball Playmates articulation (or lack thereof) as usual, but it's way less annoying that it has been in the past. I wish the Kraang body had some elbows or at least some knees, but he's actually still pretty cool without them. Also wish Shredder had some knees, but...eh. He does some good kicks, so whatever! At least his hips allow his legs to move outward. The turtles are fantastic, however! Only thing I can say about those two is that I wish Don's staff was a bit longer. Otherwise: awesome!

Now the coup de grace:

VILE! One of my all-time favorite villains in TOP form! Excellent figure; he comes with everything he needs (even a glass of whiskey, for what that's worth) and he is everything I've always wanted in a Vile figure. If only I could go back in time and hand this off to my younger self back when I was frothing at the mouth for SOME kind of Mega Man toys. Vile woulda blown my little mind. Heck, he does now, too! SO awesome to finally have a respectable figure of Vile. This guy now (and probably forever) holds on of THE top spaces in my whole toy collection.

Star Wars The Vintage Collection – Clone Wars Anakin Skywalker

This is a figure I’ve been looking forward to for a long while. I like the Clone Wars but I just couldn’t spend the money on the line. It's not that I'm opposed to the animated style but rather I collect too many other toy lines to collect 2 separate Star Wars lines right now. It’s nice to have a few Clone Wars characters in a more realistic style to add to my main movie line figure collection.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Alexx: Really cool that Vile figure is. It's kind of funny how he was created as a Boba Fett homage (with nearly identical armor) and his Japanese name "Vava" apparently either means "Boba" or ís some kind of word pun on it. He manages to look cool in his own right, of course.

I picked up some more pre-Transformer toys from a friend who is pruning his collection:

This is of course the European release of Takara's Diaclone Multiforce boxed set, which saw a lot of releases worldwide. This sample is in amazing condition, with only minor sticker wear, resplendent chrome and foam in great condition. The european release (by Ceji) also used the original Takara box set design, rather than the modified designs used for this box set in America. This set is from 1983, but these lines were to some extent still on shelves when Transformers began selling as a brand in Scandinavia.

The minicomic is really fun, with not-Optimus Prime and Robo Colt (AKA Browning) as well as lots of toys that saw only very limited release as Transformers (or none at all).

And then, to cap it all off:

Euro release Meteor Robo, much later released as "Eggleo" in Beast Wars (but as a keychain) and as Angela in (urk) KISS Players. The gold chromed original version is by far the coolest, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Alexx: Really cool that Vile figure is. It's kind of funny how he was created as a Boba Fett homage (with nearly identical armor) and his Japanese name "Vava" apparently either means "Boba" or ís some kind of word pun on it. He manages to look cool in his own right, of course.
    Oh yeah, and not only look cool in his own right, but is a totally different guy! The homage stopped for me a long time ago; I barely even see the Boba Fett thing beyond the helmet anymore (that, and he's based on newer designs so the helmet has lost a lot of the "Fett" look that the original sprite mugshot had). He's always been a favorite insane jerk badguy for me. They knocked the figure out of the park!

Anyway, I found two little things while I was getting some groceries last night:

They apparently repainted the last movie Soundwave and repackaged him as a Prime toy! How odd. I mean, I would like a small version of Prime Soundwave still, but it was cool that they did this, because I missed the first release of this mold (and I like these colors better than the silver).

Then I found Magneto with the least offensive face paint that I could get. I've seen him a few other times, but the face...ugh. This one isn't even that great either, but it's the best I've seen so far. I know what they were going for, but...it's not a 2D picture. It's an object that you can hold in your hands and direct light on it in any way you see fit. We don't need a shadow painted on the face! Let ME do that with my own lighting! Sheesh! Ah well; still not a bad figure.

a Muppet of a man...
    I successfully navigated the first of Hasbro's 45 second windows and was able to pick this up...

I was on the fence about whether or not I really wanted it, and then after SDCC I decided to go for it. I'm glad I did. I was unfamiliar with this HISS Tank, and it's a pretty cool vehicle on it's own. And in all the pics, I never noticed this...

Shockwave's eye! Maybe I'm not very observant, but I just missed it, I guess. But I'm really happy, this thing is a lot of fun!

Kevin Flynn, where are you now!

He's right here. And he's an expensive little bugger. My collection of "official" core figures is complete.

I got some more comics in the mail. First, is the Alpha Flight Special which portrays Alpha Flight's first mission. And with this, I have completed entire comic run of the first series of Alpha Flight:

Then I got 4 Spidey issues (#99, #142, #146 and #161):

Plus I got a couple of Uncanny X-Men comics starting with #122:

And I got Giant Size X-Men (dramatic pause)...#2 (cue sad trumpet). Not the more iconic #1 but still a good comic. It has the re-introduction of the Sentinel program:

Evil Master of Warcraft
    621082_10100208203695233_1993468074_o.jpg

This is the real deal to go with my Frostmourne. Thrall's Doomhammer from Warcraft.

I got a lot of cool stuff at SDCC, but I never got a chance to upload it. Some of the cool stuff I scored was:

Terry cloth Sith robe to use in the hot tub.
    Frostmourne Key Chain (Japan release only)
    Real Ghostbusters Pop gun I used to have
    Really cool Blizzard swag from a private event I went to
    Serenity model
    and a few other things.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Dr. Cyborn + Dagger + The Skull cycle.

I'm waiting for the 3 human/hero characters + the horse to arrive.

Snappy Threader
    I just scored a WWE Elite Bret Hart, Daniel Bryan, Triple H and King Sheamus (now I can order Triple H in a suit with the upc codes just like the old days, sort of). Also got SPiderman Classics (which I didn't know were even coming)....got Spiderman, Venom, Green Goblin, Iron Spiderman and Scuba Suit Spiderman.

And the cool comics keep rolling in! First off I got Amazing Spider-Man #45 which has the third appearance of the Lizard as he battles Spidey in his quest for a world ruled by reptiles:

Next I got Amazing Spider-Man #125 which features the second appearance of Man-Wolf (a.k.a. John Jameson, son of J. Jonah Jameson):

Followed by Amazing Spider-Man #137 where Harry Osborn, as The Green Goblin, kidnaps Mary Jane, Flash Thompson and Aunt May and threatens to blow one of them up:

Then in Amazing Spider-Man #175 we witness the death of the Hitman (no, not Bret Hart):

Next we go with some Uncanny X-Men comic I got starting with #29 that has the Mimic facing off against the Super Adaptoid:

Then I got Uncanny X-Men #62 which has the X-Men travel to the Savage Land where the meet up with Ka-Zar and a familiar foe:

Uncanny X-Men #74 is a reprint issue of their battle with El Tigre:

And lastly I got issue #95 that has the death of Thunderbird:

And in non-comic loot I got this weekend, I received sticker sheets for 2 Transformers products. First, I got sticker upgrades for Hercules Devastator Bonecrusher:

Plus I got one for iGear's Teletran 1 Console release from a couple of years ago. This thing is sweet and the added stickers give it an extra G1 sweetness!

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 28, 2012 at 05:14pm.