Page 33 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

I picked up an extra 6" modern Lion-o at a Kmart. Looks like a packaging variation, it doesn't have the Cartoon Network logo at the top (unlike my other one).
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    Hot Topic:
    -Adventure Time socks
    -Marceline plush
    -Batman pin
    -My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic pin

Birthday:
    -Cowardly Lion funko plush
    -Alice in Wonderland necklace
    -little stuffed panda
    -A large Totoro plush

Comic book store:
    -Marceline #1
    -Adventure Time #6
    Last edited by Burtonnut; August 7, 2012 at 10:46pm.

Finally got my SDCC Brock Samson 3 3/4"

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Amazingly enough I found a packaged Lord Dread at a fleamarket for two bucks
    Yeah… I had something similar happen with Lord Dread… and I opened him. I'm an opener. But at some point I realized that I was coming close to having a MOC collection of Captain Power so I started filling in what I was missing. I was hoping to have a really nice Lord Dread, but this falls short. I rarely resell anything, but I think this one will have to go.

Someday I've gotta track down a complete Sauron; my original two are either chewed up or obtained "additions" with a hot glue gun back in the day...
    I got a loose Sauron with this… but he's missing his wings and the back of his head piece.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Just picked up Avengers Black Widow, and Lifeline, and SciFi from GI Joe at a Chicago area toy show called ToyCon in Bridgeview.

I'm only missing the gray GI Joe Hawk that came out about the same time as those two and I'll have all the Joes on my want list.

The Black Widow head sculpt and deco was too good to pass up.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Items obtained:

Well, aparently these are out already! And these price hikes are killin' me...these comic packs are friggin' twenty bucks now! And I spent that twenty on repaints. Sue me, I need more DOOM for the collection.

Speaking of price hikes:

Transformers are up to fifteen bucks now. Couldn't pass these two up though! The Vehicon grunt from Prime is just awesome. The grunts always are. I know this guy would have been someone important if I had 'em back in the day. Then of course - speaking of important - SHOCKWAVE. Nothin' much more to say there. He always ends up cool - no question.

Finished off my TMNT team with Mike and Leo. Two more fantastic figures! As you can see, I replaced the plastic chain with a real one on Mike's extra weapon (didn't do it with the chucks yet; not sure if I will).

Also got a Foot Soldier! Thankfully he had a minor screw up of a backwards right arm, which makes it straight! Which is cool, 'cause the usual TMNT badguy bent arms are kinda annoying.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Items obtained:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...pideyStyle.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...telookevil.jpg

Well, aparently these are out already! And these price hikes are killin' me...these comic packs are friggin' twenty bucks now! And I spent that twenty on repaints. Sue me, I need more DOOM for the collection.

Speaking of price hikes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...HOCKWAVE-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...alwayscool.jpg

Transformers are up to fifteen bucks now. Couldn't pass these two up though! The Vehicon grunt from Prime is just awesome. The grunts always are. I know this guy would have been someone important if I had 'em back in the day. Then of course - speaking of important - SHOCKWAVE. Nothin' much more to say there. He always ends up cool - no question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tleGETDOWN.jpg

Finished off my TMNT team with Mike and Leo. Two more fantastic figures! As you can see, I replaced the plastic chain with a real one on Mike's extra weapon (didn't do it with the chucks yet; not sure if I will).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...calledFOOT.jpg

Also got a Foot Soldier! Thankfully he had a minor screw up of a backwards right arm, which makes it straight! Which is cool, 'cause the usual TMNT badguy bent arms are kinda annoying.
    Those turtles are really tempting me. I love the sculpts. Nice work on the chain replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Those turtles are really tempting me. I love the sculpts. Nice work on the chain replacement.
    Thanks! It was annoying and I totally don't suggest cutting a slot in the bottom of the weapons and gluing in the chain. It worked, but if I'm doing the same to the chucks then I'm doing it a different way!

Anyway: GO FOR IT. Seriously man, these TMNT figures are a steal right now. G.I. Joes are ten bucks, Marvel Comic Packs are twenty, and Transformers are fifteen - these turtles are only about 9 bucks! Nearly Joe price but more plastic and weapons for your buck, and VERY sturdy and fun toys. I'm not putting down Joes ('cause I'm still shelling out the bucks for them and enjoying the figures) but I won't lie about how awesome the TMNT figures are and how they really feel like you're getting your money's worth at a time of rapid inflation for action figures.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hey Alexx how do you like Shockwave and the vehicon compared to other figures in your display? There's been so many complaints on how small and slender Shocky is, in particular...

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I actually picked up Shockwave a week or two ago. He's a tiny bit shorter than WFC Soundwave or the Seekers, which is a little depressing. By himself, he looks cool, but there's no heft to him at all. He almost feels like he could be Shockwave, Jr., or something.

I think I'm pretty much done with TFs now, unless they ever release those Rumble/Frenzy classics figures in the US that they'd said were coming a year or two ago. (Unless they were released here and I just missed 'em.) They've made pretty much everyone I really want, and if they're going to be shrinking and lightening going forward, they're just not as appealing.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got several more comics these week adding to my collection. First up is Transformers #78 where Galvatron battles Megatron in order to rid himself of what he perceives as a weakness:

Then we move onto some Bronze Age Amazing Spider-Man comics (specifically #130, #133, #180, #184 and Annual #13):

And in the Uncanny X-Men I got some great Silver Age comics and a great Bronze Age one. First I got #24 that features the X-Men battling the laughable Dr. Augustus Hopper as The Locust:

Then in #27, The Mimic returns to join the X-Men:

In issue #48, Cyclops and Marvel Girl take on Computo who is controlled by Quasimodo:

Finally I got issue #129 that has the new X-Men's first encounter with The Hellfire Club and features the debut appearance of Kitty Pryde (a.k.a. Shadowcat):

And with that issue I now have every issue from #105 to #260. Still working my way down to #1...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Hey Alexx how do you like Shockwave and the vehicon compared to other figures in your display? There's been so many complaints on how small and slender Shocky is, in particular...
    Thatman pretty much said it: Shockwave is pretty small and slender. Of course, I don't really have a TF display - I just love robots, and Shockwave is a favorite for having a gun arm AND a monoeye. So as a toy, he rocks. I do think he might be a bit disappointing for TF fans in terms of size. I just think he's too fun to miss. I wana do a little post on him in the blog, so I'll be comparing him to my other Shockwaves.

As for the Vehicon: I didn't really compare him yet - I've been playing with him by himself ever since I got 'em. So much fun! Great little toy, and an impressive transformation; probably my favorite yet. I can't believe they got the whole front, roof, and back of the car (at least the top) to fold up into his legs. It's awesome!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    A few items arrived my way this Saturday like a trio of Amazing Spider-Man comics starting with issue #98. This issue is the conclusion of the non-CCA drug story arc with Harry Osborn:

Then I got issues #198 and #199 which are part of the Burglar/Mysterio story arc:

And I also got the first variant of the 3 3/4" Venture Bros. toyline, bloody shirt version Brock Samson. I mean, what good would it be to have a killing machine like Brock and not have him drenched in blood? I got to say the paint deco is slightly better on this figure than on the regular version especially the knife. I only wish the knife also had some blood deco on it as well.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Finally found Movie Masters Catwoman today, picked up a few new Marvel Minimates ( I cannot believe they made MODOK!), and grabbed the Ghostbusters Janine/Samhain on clearance at TRU - Samhain and the display background are going into my Real Ghostbusters display.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Snappy Threader
    Managed to find two Green Lantern Movie Masters for 3.99 each at TJ Maxx. Sinestro and Isamot Kol. I don't really care for the Sinestro but Isamot Kol is kickin. Need to find a few more somehow to complete Parallax.

Got classics Raph, but I don't think I'll be getting the rest of them. I've already got the new four, and I love 'em! This one can just join the Raph collection. Not a bad figure, but he doesn't need the articulation in the fingers and toes and he's just too big for my tastes.

WHA - New Star Wars figures exist?! What is this? It's like a fabled relic from the past, when stores regularly put out new Star Wars figures!

Seriously though, I dunno what happened to the Star Wars market recently. All sorts of new figures have been coming and going, but Star Wars has stuck to the same few that I've been seeing for awhile. Especially the Vintage Collection. I checked some sites and there are new reviews 'n all that, but I've not seen a single one of those figures until now. This is it: A new Vader. And granted, it's not like I want a bunch of them. Just one or two! Usually the ones everyone else wants. At least I was able to find this Vader - seems like they finally put together one without cut-joint elbows AND hands that can hold things! Amazing!! Sometimes Star Wars toy DO catch up with everyone else.

I found a Deluxe Light Runner at Ross from TRON: Legacy. First one I ever found. Keep those TRON items coming, I still need quite a few die-cast vehicles MOC

*** 1000th post! ***

I got a lot of dandy X-Men/Amazing Spider-Man comics the past days starting off with Amazing Spider-Man #138 which has the first appearance of Mindworm! Yeah, I never heard of him either:

Next I got Amazing Spider-Man #145 that has the return of The Scorpion after a stint in the joint:

Following that is Amazing Spider-Man #157 in which Doctor Octopus returns to Aunt May (after their failed marriage attempt) only to be followed by the ghost of Hammerhead:

Then I got Amazing Spider-Man #162 where Spidey, The Punisher and Nightcrawler team up to battle brand new villain, Jigsaw:

For Uncanny X-Men comics, I got issue #38 where the X-Men must do the bidding of Factor 3:

I also got Uncanny X-Men #68 which is the reprinted tale of the X-Men's first battle with the newly built Sentinels:

Finally, I got Uncanny X-Men Annual #14 which features the second appearance of Gambit:

I just ordered the Deluxe Panthro.

Anybody got a Slithe they are willing to part with ?????

I just got my Rage of Hercules upgrade kit in the mail today. It's to be used with the jumbo Hercules Devastator:

Then I got a couple of Transformers comics starting with #75 which pits the joint Autobot/Decepticon forces against Unicron in a battle where many Transformers perish:

Next is issue #76 where the newly appointed Autobot leader, Grimlock, tries to piece back the Autobot forces:

Finally, I got the first "major" comic acquisition in (and by "major" I mean costing me over $100) and it's Amazing Spider-Man #121. This is the issue where Spider-Man battles the Green Goblin over the George Washington bridge after he's kidnapped Gwen Stacy. During the course of the fight the Green Goblin knocks Gwen Stacy over the side and a desperate Spidey webs her to safety only to discover that she is dead. A very important comic (from a Marvel nerd's point of view) and one of the most pivotal points (if not the most) in Spider-Man's history and shows that sometimes the good guy doesn't always rescue the damsel in distress or protect his lady love.

As a young kid I would always see this issue referenced in 80's Spidey comics but I never thought I would be able to own it. Now, I had this story in reprinted form but nothing beats having the original in hand.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; August 16, 2012 at 09:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

Then I got a couple of Transformers comics starting with #75 which pits the joint Autobot/Decepticon forces against Unicron in a battle where many Transformers perish:

Next is issue #76 where the newly appointed Autobot leader, Grimlock, tries to piece back the Autobot forces:
    The Marvel Transformers comic was one of the few series I stuck with from beginning to end as a kid, and it always brings back memories.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I got the Hulk/Wolverine 2 pack from a local Comic Store for the new Hulk sculpt.

They had Hulk as a single pack, but it doesn't have as good as a paint job as the two pack. His skin is better painted, as opposed to unpainted green plastic. The store had Beta Ray Bill, Miles Morales and Beast. I would have gotten Beast too, but he had bad paint.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    After seeing Benny's posts with Spidey book after Spidey book I went on the hunt as well. However I'm on a phone so there are no photos, stock or otherwise.

Anyway, my pickups are Amazing Spider-Man #55 and more importantly to me Amazing Spider-Man #39. They're both kinda beat up, so I'll keep these as readers and hope for grade worthies somewhere down the line.

Some T2 figures apprehended at a flea market.

One of them explodes and one glows in the dark!

YES. You have joined the club of the awesome people who own the glowing exoskeleton. One of my all time favorite toys over the years. Most of my old toys are in storage, but I keep that one with me!