Page 35 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    TMNTC: Raphael
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

The end of August is approaching fast so it's time for another wrap-up post. Stuff I traded for, stuff I impulse bought and stuff I found at flea markets, all in a merry jumble. This was a fun month for me, as you will see from some of the purchases...

First some random stuff. Two GI Joe vehicles and some figures. The little blue guy is the vintage Real Ghostbusters ghost that goes with Peter Venkman. There's also a Lazer Beast in there, those are always fun to find.

3 Vintage Lego sets with boxes and instructions. Sadly two of them miss a few pieces (which I should be able to fix) but the light-and-sound police cruiser is complete, and the rarest one of the three!

Robot Heroes. These were really cheap, but they're so damn adorable I can't resist them.

Some Unicron trilogy toys. Some of these were very complete including comic and instructions. I initially didn't like the Armada etc toys, but I've warmed up to them a lot over the last couple of years. Plus, I have some sort of obsession with minicons, micromasters and other minimal Transformers. I just like making huge armies of the little dudes! Sadly, Jetfire's minicon just broke straight up when I transformed him, and some of the transparent ones have slight plastic cracks... I guess guys this small are not as structurally sound as their larger brethren.

War For Cybertron Megatron and Optimus Prime. These toys are really really cool and I regretted passing them up when I was in the US last time. Fortunately I found someone willing to part with his for cheap. This version of Optimus is infinitely cooler than the dinky FOC one that's out right now. Great toys!

G1 Pretenders without the "pretend" bit. Harder to find the inner robots in good condition than the shells, so I couldn't resist.

And finally... a G1 Wreck-Gar! He's in great condition other than missing stickers and a little bit of paint wear. Naturally his accessories are missing, but still. This is a toy I never had as a kid, so I'm really happy to add him to the mix.

And now, just for Scotward...

WRECK-A-SHIVA! WRECK-A-SHIVA!

(Yes it's a Transformers and a Venture Brothers joke. I'm such a hopeless nerd.)

Hope you guys enjoyed.

Hey Sandman, how much did those vintage lego sets run you? I want to get some old blacktron (and by old I mean that blacktron, not the original) but prices for anything combining "lego" and "not in stores anymore" equals "TO THE MOOOOOOON!" I'm just curious about what you paid for 'em.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I paid something like $10 for all three, but the BlackTron set is incomplete... I do already have that particular one, so this was more of a "spare parts" deal.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Just got back from Target and picked up some Marvel/Star Wars goodies. First, I picked up a couple of Skrull Warriors from the Avengers toyline to complement my Skrulls from the Marvel Universe line. You got to have an army of Skrulls always at hand. Just waitng for the Super Skrull to be released along with the Skrull Queen. Then the Kree army will be next. I like these action figures despite their limited articulation (they have no wrist, ankle, waist or upper bicep moverment). Their battle axe weapon is cool though.

Then I got the helmetless Juggernaut/Colossus comic 2-pack (just for Juggy of course). I prefer Juggernaut's regular look but I'm a sucker for him since he's my favorite Marvel villain. Colossus has a flat gray paint re-deco that doesn't really appeal to me. Colossus, to me, is supposed to be shiny and metallic.

Lastly I got 2 of the 3 new Star Wars Vintage 3 packs (the Villains set and the droid set). I wish the Death Star droid was shiny chrome instead of silver paint. It disappoints me just like I'd be disappointed if C-3PO was painted gold instead of being gold chrome.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

a Muppet of a man...
    I don't get the Venture Bros part of the joke, but I approve of Stackable Junkions(tm)

Got these 2 last week.

IMAG0606.jpgIMAG0611.jpgIMAG0596.jpg

I got the Avengers triple play Blu-Ray today, 2 days earlier than the actual release.

a Muppet of a man...

Picked up a set of Lego Monster Fighters (the swamp monster set) on a whim, my wife saw how much I liked 'em and picked up the mummy set!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have those two, and my wife bought me the Wolfman set as well. They're really very cool. I'm holding off on buying the other sets, since they're making an online-exclusive Haunted Mansion this fall that has the vampire and Frankenstein's monster as well.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I wish the Death Star droid was shiny chrome instead of silver paint. It disappoints me just like I'd be disappointed if C-3PO was painted gold instead of being gold chrome.
    I guess the mold is designed in such a way that the limbs have to be cast in soft/bendy plastic. I don't think bendy plastic can be chromed. I would have preferred the earlier mold from the late 90's with less articulation if it meant he could be chromed.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Picked up a set of Lego Monster Fighters (the swamp monster set) on a whim, my wife saw how much I liked 'em and picked up the mummy set!
    Man, Scooter, everytime I see those Monster Lego sets at the store I am always tempted to buy them because of the cool 50's horror theme. But then I never do because I realize that I don't have any room for them and I honestly don't need another drain on my income.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I guess the mold is designed in such a way that the limbs have to be cast in soft/bendy plastic. I don't think bendy plastic can be chromed. I would have preferred the earlier mold from the late 90's with less articulation if it meant he could be chromed.
    Yeah, F-Deuce. I just look at my C-3PO/Salacious Crumb combo and I just think of the possibilites of that Death Star Droid...

As for new acquisitions, I got 3 comics in (yeah, I know about what I said a few pages back but these called out to me) starting with Uncanny X-Men #56 which has the first appearance of The Living Monolith. I simply love the cover on this issue:

Then I got Transformers #68 where humanity introduces it's defense against the Transformers...the super-powered Neo-Knights;

Finally I got Transformers #79 which is the second to last Transformer comic in the first series run. It has Spike Witwicky bonding with Fortress Maximus again (after rejecting the responsibility in issue #51) and battling Galvatron on Earth as the remaining Autobots chase after last contigent of Decepticons through space to stop them from ravaging a new planet. The last 10 issues had low print runs due to waning interest and therefore are pretty hard to get at a decent price. I think I did fairly well with this issue at $20 shipped in VF condition.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I have those two, and my wife bought me the Wolfman set as well. They're really very cool. I'm holding off on buying the other sets, since they're making an online-exclusive Haunted Mansion this fall that has the vampire and Frankenstein's monster as well.
    Yeah, Thatman, I saw that Haunted Mansion set online... soooooo cool. Probably not anything I'm ever gonna own, but now I'm eyeing that Vampire hearse thing with the zombie driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Man, Scooter, everytime I see those Monster Lego sets at the store I am always tempted to buy them because of the cool 50's horror theme. But then I never do because I realize that I don't have any room for them and I honestly don't need another drain on my income.
    I hear ya, about the $$$ on these things, Benito, but they are pretty darn fun. I'm telling myself no more for a least a month. We'll see if I can be strong.

In the vein of discussing Lego, I picked up the Lego Star Wars Skiff. This will go to my eventual purchase of Jabba's Palace and the Rancor.

But bloody hell these things are expensive. It was $50 for the Skiff and the Palace is pushing $200.

Sam Flynn's Identity disc

I want to open this item: Help!
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I want to open this item: Help!
    It's an identity disc. How can it record things if it's trapped in a plastic prison? Open it!!

As for my newest additions, Alice and Hysterical Alice. Also some dragon fellow arrived in the mail at the same time.

I love Monster Fighters. I'm hoping to get the Haunted House in September! I've actually reviewed all the sets on Amazon, (check my signature) so take a look if you want to be further tempted to buy them. I'm really looking forward to the Zombie set as well.

Yesterday I got John Blake from the Dark Knight Rises and today I ordered the Victory of the Daleks set from Doctor Who.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    It's an identity disc. How can it record things if it's trapped in a plastic prison? Open it!!

I did open it. I just couldn't resist. I did manage to get it out without annihilating the packaging, which is a +

BJH do you read the comics you collect (the old issues) or do you collect them? I have a friend who has gotten into buying older books in vf conditions just for a display piece.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    BJH do you read the comics you collect (the old issues) or do you collect them? I have a friend who has gotten into buying older books in vf conditions just for a display piece.
    I read them. I'm a reader. Of course I'm very careful when I read them but that's what comics are for. To get enjoyment in reading the stories inside.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I did open it. I just couldn't resist. I did manage to get it out without annihilating the packaging, which is a +
    Awesome!! I was helping a friend try to find one of those one day. We tried several stores, but never did find it. I think we bought Recognizers and Light Cycles instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    There's also a Lazer Beast in there, those are always fun to find.
    Awesome! I'd love to find a Laser Beast in the wild! I think I'm in the wrong country for it, though!

So do you have any more LBs?
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

I think maybe it was a target exclusive. I'm waiting for Rinzler's disc to come in the mail. They aren't cheap; I went all out

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    In the vein of discussing Lego, I picked up the Lego Star Wars Skiff. This will go to my eventual purchase of Jabba's Palace and the Rancor.

But bloody hell these things are expensive. It was $50 for the Skiff and the Palace is pushing $200.
    That's another thing. I know if I cave in on the Monster Hunter sets, I'm gonna want to get the Star Wars stuff (Original Trilogy only, of course) so it's best I don't start. I got to keep that income for my comic book collection.

And speaking of comics, I got 3 more in starting with Uncanny X-Men #64 which introduces us to the fiery gaijin-hating Japanese mutant, Sunfire. This issue has Sunfire seeking revenge on the U.S. for the bombing of Hiroshima (and the death of his mother because of the bombing) by destroying the Capitol Building at the behest of his uncle (his mother's brother). When Sunfire's father, the Japanese ambassador, attempts to talk him out of his destructive mission, his uncle shoots and kills Sunfire's father. Enraged, Sunfire in turn kills his uncle and mourns at his father's side.

Next, I got Amazing Spider-Man #36 which introduces the villainous Looter (a.k.a. Meteor Man), a failed scientist who receives his power from the gas emitted from a fallen meteor. I'm not sure why this particular comic has been one of the more difficult ones for me to acquire. I had to pay slightly more to win this book than other comics from the same time frame. I'm not aware of the Looter's significance (if he has any). I guess just because it's his debut comic.

Lastly, I got Amazing Spider-Man #163 which has Spidey take on The Kingpin in an all-out physical brawl.

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Just got my latest eBay present, Web of Spider-Man #49-75. All in great shape and for about a buck a book! SCORE!!