Page 36 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Flea markets are, apparently, great places to find glow in the dark figures

Note the nice cape and the cool sword.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Collection Michelangelo for the low low price of £28 ($45) and I freaking love him

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    A cheap $17 MP3 player I ordered from China showed up yesterday

The MP3 playback is good, the FM radio actually works and it seems rather solidly built. I went with the big deluxe model for the separate volume buttons and 2 speakers, but they make smaller cube models that's 5cm x 5cm.

I finally spotted the Classic TMNT figures in my area and picked up Donatello and Michaelangelo, which were the only 2 I could find.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Yesterday I picked up the Michaelangelo and Donatello Nickelodeon TMNT figures at Walmart. I had heard about them, but this was the first time I saw them at retail, and I really like the little guys. And at $7.77, they're amazingly inexpensive, so creating a small collection is wallet-friendly.

The Sewer playset they have planned for the line is flippin' incredible. Think The Company would farm out the MOTUC license to Playmates to create playsets, since Matty is so reluctant to do so? I already know the answer, but the continued reluctance gets to me sometimes.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; September 2, 2012 at 07:52pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

While on vacation in Copenhagen I picked up the 3.75" Avengers movie-based Black Widow figure. I've had my eyes on this one over the other Avengers figures due to her excellent articulation (most of the other Avengers toys at both scales are very stiff and unposable) and she didn't disappoint. She also has a good ScarJo likeness even though I already plan to switch the head out for the crappy comic-based Black Widow's...

Quote Originally Posted by scar1321 View Post
    Awesome! I'd love to find a Laser Beast in the wild! I think I'm in the wrong country for it, though!

So do you have any more LBs?
    It's always fun, Scar. I have made a point of not collecting Battle Beasts myself due to cost/space issues, but I can't resist picking them up for cheap. I only have two Laser Beasts at the moment though, but they trickle in now and then.

Lotta building stuff lately! My wife got me some things:

Yay, Lego Deadpool! I mean Marvel Legos! Er...anything that gets me Deadpool in Lego form, whatever!

Next, I have never played World of Warcraft (nor do I plan to) but Mega Bloks basing a toyline around it is BRILLIANCE. The armor is mix-and-matchable, the sets look fantastic, and you can get things like this icy undead dragon and some armored awesome guy. No WoW knowledge is needed - this is just an AWESOME toyline!

This next one is shared by my wife and I - it's mostly hers, but I'm not gona lie about how cool it is. It's a glow in the dark zebra! Plus, she totally rhymes like Roadblock when she talks so....well, I dunno. It's cool to me!

This one I bought on a whim; I never had any connection to her, but she is the original fourth wall breaker, so I figured I should own a version of her. Plus, it's finally a semi-proportional female body! Sorta. Her arms could be a little bigger, but they aren't terrible.

Series 8 of the Lego Minifigure blind bags! Some of them, anyway. I may get more; we'll see. I didn't feel like feeling up bags forever, so I only felt them up until I ran into the evil robot.

And finally, on the blind bagged front, I got the Kre-O micro-changers! They're pretty cool, and I did a writeup on the ones I got on the 'ol blog. After I got 'em I found out that the different numbers are different figures - I mean, I shoulda assumed that and I did, but I wasn't completely sure until I opened them. Now I just need Scorponok!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    It's Zecora!

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    It's Zecora!
    Yeah, kinda sucks she has to be a special figure. If they wana add anything other than standard repaints they gotta be exclusives! Ah well, I'm just glad they made her, and that she friggin' glows in the dark. That there is awesome.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm not sure, but I believe Zecora will also be sold at TRU, she just got an early release at SDCC. Unless they changed their plans? I know she was a TRU exclusive to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Next, I have never played World of Warcraft (nor do I plan to) but Mega Bloks basing a toyline around it is BRILLIANCE. The armor is mix-and-matchable, the sets look fantastic, and you can get things like this icy undead dragon and some armored awesome guy. No WoW knowledge is needed - this is just an AWESOME toyline!
    I'm tempted by this set just because of the figures. Mega Bloks is rather shoddy as a building toy, but the figures look cool. However, I have read some early reviews that indicate that the quality on these sets is generally poor, with missing, deformed or even broken parts out of the box.

This one I bought on a whim; I never had any connection to her, but she is the original fourth wall breaker, so I figured I should own a version of her. Plus, it's finally a semi-proportional female body! Sorta. Her arms could be a little bigger, but they aren't terrible.
    This one and her entire wave is a must-have for me. I'm glad cuz it looks from your shot like Shulkie turned out very nice!

(And I won't even comment on the MLP thing, Alexx... )

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I read them. I'm a reader. Of course I'm very careful when I read them but that's what comics are for. To get enjoyment in reading the stories inside.
    Awesome!! I prefer that myself.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I'm not sure, but I believe Zecora will also be sold at TRU, she just got an early release at SDCC. Unless they changed their plans? I know she was a TRU exclusive to begin with...
    Oh I'm sorry; yes! The wife and I got her at TRU - but she's still exclusive to TRU and I don't think she'll be sold anywhere else. That's what I meant by exclusive - I never went to SDCC, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm tempted by this set just because of the figures. Mega Bloks is rather shoddy as a building toy, but the figures look cool. However, I have read some early reviews that indicate that the quality on these sets is generally poor, with missing, deformed or even broken parts out of the box.
    Really? I dunno, Mega Bloks has never done me wrong. They may not be as good as Lego, but I stand by thier minifigures. Best tiny toys out there; so much articulation in such a tiny figure! Honestly, I still think Mega Bloks has one over Kre-O in terms of building. If I get more WoW stuff and run into broken parts I'll be sure to mention. Otherwise, the set I got was fantastic. I really stand by Mega Bloks and the awesome ideas they come up with.

This one and her entire wave is a must-have for me. I'm glad cuz it looks from your shot like Shulkie turned out very nice!
    Yeah, she's very cool! Dunno what else is in the wave though, and I don't expect to find it or any other past waves I know I've missed. UGH. And here I used to blame Toybiz for my inability to find thier product - turns out the control in this is Marvel, not the company making them. You slap Marvel on anything and BAM, it's gone! Couldn't find Marvel Legends back then, can't find them now, and Marvel Universe is just as bad. Why does collecting Superheros have to be so annoying?

(And I won't even comment on the MLP thing, Alexx... )
    Well you should, because it's a glow in the dark zebra! ...I...I'm weak against glow in the dark stuff.

If I get more WoW stuff and run into broken parts I'll be sure to mention. Otherwise, the set I got was fantastic. I really stand by Mega Bloks and the awesome ideas they come up with.
    I think it may be a comparison between Lego and MB that hurts Mega Bloks. A lot of people who never bought a Mega Blok product jumped on the WoW sets (what with Blizzard games being so popular) and have been disappointed. As I said though, I have no experience with them. Mega Bloks are barely even sold in Europe due to Lego being so strong here (especially in Scandinavia)...

Yeah, she's very cool! Dunno what else is in the wave though, and I don't expect to find it or any other past waves I know I've missed.
    New-style Punisher with proper articulation and nice weapons, Kang, Scarlet Witch and White Costume Spidey for the FF set with paper-bag costume Spidey as the rare variant. The Spidey is an easy pass for me, but the rest are all must-haves. And I know all about the scalping from my US visits. I usually end up buying these through BBTS, sadly.

Well you should, because it's a glow in the dark zebra! ...I...I'm weak against glow in the dark stuff.
    My only complaint about the SDCC Radioactive Man is that he doesn't glow in the dark! Well, and that he doesn't have painted eyes...

I got some extra cash yesterday, and went to TRU online and ordered one of these. With the Shoprunner free trial they offered it was with free shipping.

I already own the standard release of the train, but I never found the cars on their own, and this also gives me a lot of extra track. This thing actually works better for the mini figures and I can make some money back selling off the unwanted brushable ponies.

This weekend I found the Lego Monster Fighters set "The Zombies" at Target. Very fun set with some neat features (the zombies can spring from their tombs) and a truck with giant hammers on the sides.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I'm not gona lie about how cool it is. It's a glow in the dark zebra!
    I have never quite understood the MLP Brony thing. I don't judge, I mean, I spend my money on Legos and such, so you know... glass houses and stone-throwing and all that, but it's just never been something I could understand.

But "Glow in the dark zebra"... this is a concept I can get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    I have never quite understood the MLP Brony thing. I don't judge, I mean, I spend my money on Legos and such, so you know... glass houses and stone-throwing and all that, but it's just never been something I could understand.

Basically.... the cartoon is good and isn't watered down "fashion, fame and beauty salons" stuff that a lot of girl cartoons tend to be. Like they have time for that when every 4 or 5 episodes some eldritch abomination from the pages of Lovecraft is springing up to cause trouble.

Ha, you see what I'm sayin' then! But yeah, I don't really get into the ponies as much, though I got this set while back that has molded hair instead of real hair, so they match the animation better. My wife and I lived through our niece instead, and got her the whole friggin' first wave of these guys. She loves 'em, so we've got easy presents from here on out until she either loses interest or the show (god forbid) dies.

Anyway, I'm into the tiny collectable ones if they keep making side characters like they are. Anything that'll look more like the toon representations. Although....well, Zecora doesn't look that much like her toon self, but I've already said my it's-a-glow-in-the-dark-zebra bit, so no more explaination is needed! So yeah, I'm a fan of the toon more than anything else, but my toy interest stays the same, and I like to get toys of favorite characters if they look well enough like a representation of the toon version.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Not so much a toy, but after many years I finally, finally, FINALLY snagged a rare model kit of the UFO from "The Invaders" tv series. I had one in the 1970's, and like everything else it went the way of the rubbish tip. I've developed a lot more modelling skill since I had the original so I plan to spend a lot of time on it to light the interior and engines. Cool model... comes with interior detail, alien figures, the works!
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I have never quite understood the MLP Brony thing. But "Glow in the dark zebra"... this is a concept I can get behind.
    Uh oh! Sounds like Scooter is a little Brony-curious!

I got quite a few packages in the mail after the long Labor Day weekend containing many comic books starting off with Transformers #69 where Optimus Prime, in order to prepare for the upcoming battle against Unicron, decides to unconditionally surrender to the Decepticons so that the two factions may unite as one.

Then I got G.I. Joe #36 where a 3-fold attack story takes place within. There is nothing particularly special about this issue except that it was one I had as kid and showed that it was well read by me. So I decided to upgrade to a better conditioned copy.

Next I got Amazing Spider-Man #197 in which a newly resurfaced Kingpin beats the living heck out of Spider-Man (although he does already have one damaged arm prior to the fight). In the story, the Kingpin's wife, Vanessa Fisk, has issued an ultimatum to him: he can either give up crime or he can give her up. She gives the Kingpin 24 hours to decide. Of course, the Kingpin decides that before he can walk away he must kill Spider-Man after all the plans he has foiled in the past in order to live in peace. And just as the Kingpin is about the finally destroy Spider-Man, the clock strikes midnight and Vanessa asks him to choose, revenge or her. Trembling at the situation of Spider-Man's life at his fingertips, the Kingpin relents and decides that he cannot live without Vanessa at his side. As he states to his wife, "My dear, my loving Vanessa, I am now and forever--your slave!"

The other comic I got was Uncanny X-Men #55 which has the Living Pharoah battling Cyclops over Alex Summers as the Living Pharoah plans to kill them both.

Finally I got Uncanny X-Men #81 and #82 which reprint stories from isuues #33 and #34. X-Men #81 has the X-Men enlist the aid of Doctor Strange to stop the Juggernaut. He transports Cyclops and Marvel Girl to Korea where the Juggernaut first found the Cytorrak gem which gave him his powers as the Angel, Beast and Iceman try to slow down the Juggernaut.

Issue #82 has the X-Men partake in a subterranean war between the Mole Man and Tyrannus:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Got my hands on some american and japanese pack-in stuff from the classic Transformers line from an american fan. The only one of these I ever saw in the european packages as a kid was the 1987 catalog, so everything else was new.

US Catalogs 1985-1988. The 1988 one is rough, but was a bonus.

Mail-away flyers from various years. Some of these are pretty common, some aren't. "Have the Decepticons defeated us once and for all" is somewhat rough.

But all these were really just something extra. The following are what I bought the lot for:

Japanese catalogs and flyers. Masterforce catalog (the earliest one with Overlord still shadowed and lots of Headmasters products still in it), Zone catalog (with storyline stuff on the back) and Return of Convoy catalog (with similar story illustrations). In addition, the Masterforce flyer advertising the God Ginrai gift set, and the one advertising the "US editions" mail-away toys. The latter were simply the american releases of the Masterforce toys, available in Japan (for example they were selling "Nightbeat Minerva").

Very happy with this purchase!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Mail-away flyers from various years. Some of these are pretty common, some aren't. "Have the Decepticons defeated us once and for all" is somewhat rough.
    Make sure you mail away for your Omnibots and Powerdashers, Sandy! Plus Wheeljack, Mirage, Ratchet and Thundercracker! (Yeah, I know I did this joke in the chat room but we were on a roll in there and I had intended to only use here in this thread. Oh well. I blame Scooter!)

As for me, I got a couple of Spider-Man comics starting with Amazing Spider-Man #92 where Spider-Man is on the run from the law after being accused of murdering Captain Stacy from the previous issue. He makes off with Gwen Stacy and runs into his future Amazing Friend cohort, Iceman, who attempts to rescue Gwen. They later team up to fight the racist D.A. contender Sam Bullitt, who has kidnapped Robbie Robertson in order to stop the Daily Bugle from running an expose revealing his bigoted past.

Then I got Amazing Spider-Man #140 which has Spidey battling against the combined forces of the Grizzly and the Jackal. This issue also features the debut of Gloria (Glory) Grant who would become J. Jonah Jameson's secretary after Betty Brant.

And with this issue, I now have every Amazing Spider-Man issue from #140 to #375. Still working my way down to #1...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 6, 2012 at 08:23pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Flea markets are, apparently, great places to find glow in the dark figures

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0&d=1346535564

Note the nice cape and the cool sword.
    Am I the only one that thinks it's Taarna from Heavy Metal?

Yesterday I got a new Michaelangelo. Got Donatello a couple of weeks ago, and will soon add the other two.