Page 37 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Japanese catalogs and flyers. Masterforce catalog (the earliest one with Overlord still shadowed and lots of Headmasters products still in it), Zone catalog (with storyline stuff on the back) and Return of Convoy catalog (with similar story illustrations). In addition, the Masterforce flyer advertising the God Ginrai gift set, and the one advertising the "US editions" mail-away toys. The latter were simply the american releases of the Masterforce toys, available in Japan (for example they were selling "Nightbeat Minerva").
    When I first learned about the Japanese cartoon series and the accompanying exclusive Transformers, the first toys that stood out to me were Grand Maximus and God Ginrai. The only images I initially saw were of those catalog scans. So I was used to that prototype God Bomber and was shocked when I finally saw a picture of the actual toy.

Great find.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a trio of comics this weekend. First I got Amazing Spider-Man #94 which features the Beetle in his old timey suit plus has a re-telling of Spidey's origin:

Next I got Amazing Spider-Man #136 that has Harry Osborn's first appearance as the Green Goblin (II) where he reveals he knows Peter Parker is really Spider-Man:

Finally I got Generic Comic Book. While the artwork is average and the story is pretty flat (hey, it's Generic Comic Book), I loved the concept/cover and thought it was funny enough for a buy:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

HEY, awesome! I remember that Generic Comic Book from my Dad's old boxes of comics. I used to sit in the basement for hours and flip through his comics; that one always cracked me up. Especially how the guy has a collection of glow in the dark stuff, since that's always been a thing of mine as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A bit late on the game for this one...Four Horsemen's Timekeepers 3 pack.

These little guys are awesome (bit fragile though) but at $25.00 for all 3 I cant complain. Sculpt, of course, is fantastic. I wish there was a 4th though kind of like Earth, Wind, Water, & Fire. But they keep time not The Earth.

I thought the gold horned Keeper was going to be my favorite. However, its the Blue winged one.

I picked up a Raphael today. Only Leo left to get. I really love the look fo these new TMNT's. Can't wait for the cartoon.

Snappy Threader
    Just picked up a BulletStorm figure on clearance at TRU for 6 bucks. Amazing sculpt and couldn't beat the price.

Prince Dargon, used, from Sectaurs.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Heroic Warrior
    Got some things from Comic-Con:

1. A lightsaber (my childhood fantasy come true)-it was a toy of course, but close enough.
    2. This Alice in Wonderland themed book made by one of the artists from Return of the Dapper Men. (got it signed too)
    3. Snarked vol.1 (got signed)
    4. Some Adventure Time comics.

Found the last of the current wave of Kreon guys; Scorponok. I gotta say, if you just get one of these guys, get Scorponok! Really fun little guy.

Next, Target has thier halloween toys out, andI grabbed this Batman. I knew I wanted at least one of these guys, but I never ended up choosing one until now. I dunno why, but I love the hot orange on there. The painted eyes are what really solidified the purchase, though.

Found wave 2 of the Playmobile blind bagged guys! Nothing amazing in this wave, but there are some cool things. This is an alien!

These two were impluse buys because they were 50% off at Meijer. Mace has the best face sculpt so far, and Zam is just packed full of cool stuff.

Finally, I got Jazwares' new Space Ghost from thier Hanna Barbera toyline. It's....Jazwares. If you're familiar with them, then you know what I mean. It's not terrible, and it's a fine toy. Still...Jazwares just always seems like they're only barely aware of what toys are. They are faking it better and better these days, but they still come out with stuff like this that, when you study it, is just confusing. For instance: all the pegs keeping the joints together can be pushed out. It's not a bad thing, because they're all tight and they won't fall out on thier own...however, nothing but friction is keeping them in. You can push 'em out pretty easily. You can also pop his legs right off at the thigh swivel. His chest joint is also...interesting.

None of this is really bad, it's just strange. Like I said, it's like Jazwares gets the idea but hasn't actually looked at any other toys out there. The worst thing is that his right hand is molded so he can push the buttons on his left wrist, but they didn't give him a bicep swivel! Soooo...his hand is just posed like that for no reason. You can't use it. So strange!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    Got some things from Comic-Con:

1. A lightsaber (my childhood fantasy come true)-it was a toy of course, but close enough.
    Ah, i remember when I got my first light-saber... my father wanted me to have it, when I was old enough, but my uncle wouldn't allow it...

As for my latest score: my beautiful, understand, loving, and oh-so-patient wife bought me this...

Sorry for the stock photo. But my evil army of tiny lego monsters is growing!!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Just picked up a couple of vintage TMNT figures that I've been meaning to track down for years: Irma, Vernon, Burne, Tattoo and Chromedome.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Just picked up a couple of vintage TMNT figures that I've been meaning to track down for years: Irma, Vernon, Burne, Tattoo and Chromedome.
    I never collected TMNT, I only have 1, Undercover Leo, which I love.
    Although, lately I've been wanting to get Mutagen Man (can it be filled with water?) and Burne, which is an action figure that comes with toilet paper on a foot and a sandwich and it is beyond my comprehension.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Just received Mattel's Joker/Harley Quinn "Mad Love" two-pack.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post

Chrome Spark!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I never collected TMNT, I only have 1, Undercover Leo, which I love.
    Although, lately I've been wanting to get Mutagen Man (can it be filled with water?) and Burne, which is an action figure that comes with toilet paper on a foot and a sandwich and it is beyond my comprehension.
    I had stopped collecting TMNT by the time they made the Channel 6 team, so I was thrilled when I found out they existed - just never got around to getting them until now...I found some stuff I was missing when we cleaned out my parents' house this spring, so it kind of got me back into it a bit. But yes, Burne's figure is that of a slob.

You can put liquid into Mutagen Men, but I seem to recall problems with it leaking out. He's in the back of the cabinet - I now have just about everyone from the first four years of the line, I think. I'll have to inventory them along with the stuff I found this spring and see what's missing.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Ah, i remember when I got my first light-saber... my father wanted me to have it, when I was old enough, but my uncle wouldn't allow it...
    That's a lie, Scooter! I never meant for you to have that lightsaber! It was meant for a true Sith like me!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Chrome Spark!
    Is that robot farting?! Damn you, Michael Bay! Damn you to hell!

But as far as recent acquisitions go, I got a couple of Silver Age Spideys starting with Amazing Spider-Man #55 which has Spider-Man battling Doc Ock over the Nullifier (not the Ultimate one, though) at Tony Stark's New York factory. During the course of the battle, Doctor Octopus uses the Nullifier on Spidey which results in Spider-Man becoming amnesic (no, not anemic). Doc Ock takes advantage of the situation and convinces the clueless Spider-Man that he is the supervillain's cohort in crime.

Then I got Amazing Spider-Man #62 which has Medusa of the Inhumans visit New York City to determine if humanity is ready to receive the Inhumans back into their society. After a brief encounter with Spidey, Medusa lands and walks among the people of New York City where she is immediately offered a job as a model spokesperson for a hair spray. She decides to take the job in order to further study humans but quickly becomes irritated with the tedious work and leaves. The CEO of the hair spray company, angered at Medusa leaving, convinces a passing Spider-Man that Medusa has vowed to destroy New York City and beseeches Spidey to stop her. A fight ensues but the get to the bottom of the CEO's treachery and leave each other's company.

I really like the design of this cover and after eluding me for quite some time (at a reasonable price), I was finally able to add it to my collection.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 11, 2012 at 08:35pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I got 3 of these in the mail

Pics not of the actual items... I got 3 different KO Ravage USB flash drives, all 8 GB capacity, for $20. I got 2 Ravages, each a different mold, and a Cheetor. One arrived missing a screw holding on a foot(and these use screws which aren't easy to match), the seller is sending me another one for free because of the defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...200/Umgood.jpg

Finally, I got Jazwares' new Space Ghost from thier Hanna Barbera toyline. It's....Jazwares. If you're familiar with them, then you know what I mean. It's not terrible, and it's a fine toy. Still...Jazwares just always seems like they're only barely aware of what toys are. They are faking it better and better these days, but they still come out with stuff like this that, when you study it, is just confusing. For instance: all the pegs keeping the joints together can be pushed out. It's not a bad thing, because they're all tight and they won't fall out on thier own...however, nothing but friction is keeping them in. You can push 'em out pretty easily. You can also pop his legs right off at the thigh swivel. His chest joint is also...interesting.

None of this is really bad, it's just strange. Like I said, it's like Jazwares gets the idea but hasn't actually looked at any other toys out there. The worst thing is that his right hand is molded so he can push the buttons on his left wrist, but they didn't give him a bicep swivel! Soooo...his hand is just posed like that for no reason. You can't use it. So strange!
    Hahahaha...

I was just thinking of collecting the Hanna Barbera line. It just brings back SUCH good memories!

I mean, Captian Caveman...comeon now!

Space Ghost (Hanna Barbera, Space Ghost I loved so much). You kinda got me to pause for a sec. but I am taking this as a sign that I should just go for it!

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    That's a lie, Scooter! I never meant for you to have that lightsaber!
    That's not true... that's impossible....

wait, referencial humor aside... that ISN'T true... it IS impossible... YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!!!

Although, I do look forward to our fishing trips.

Heroic Warrior
    I preordered the perfect D-Arts Rockman/ Megaman with Rush and Met figures for an amazing price, so I bit and bought Rockman X, Zero types 1 and 2, Vile, Rockman full armor, Cloth Myth Eagle Marin, and Figma Samus Aran.

Definitive toys....who knew?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Marvel Select - Avengers (Movie) Iron Man

TMNT Classic Donatello (well I have ordered him but he is coming from the US so he won't be here for a short while)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Hahahaha...

I was just thinking of collecting the Hanna Barbera line. It just brings back SUCH good memories!

I mean, Captian Caveman...comeon now!

Space Ghost (Hanna Barbera, Space Ghost I loved so much). You kinda got me to pause for a sec. but I am taking this as a sign that I should just go for it!
    Yeah, honestly you're not gona get a better Hanna Barbera line elsewhere. Jazwares is just a confusing company that makes some odd choices somtimes. Be certain to inspect those packages, though! People shout "QC problems!" with the MotUC line, but that's because they haven't been collecting things from Jazwares for awhile, I think. Look for paint errors and joints not lining up. Beyond that, though, thier products aren't bad, and they always make a point to improve things when they hear complaints. For ever complaint I've had about them, they've made something unique and awesome to get me to forget my grudges!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I preordered the perfect D-Arts Rockman/ Megaman with Rush and Met figures for an amazing price, so I bit and bought Rockman X, Zero types 1 and 2, Vile, Rockman full armor, Cloth Myth Eagle Marin, and Figma Samus Aran.

Definitive toys....who knew?
    Fine choices! You won't regred the D-Arts figures; especially Vile. Absolutely fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Yeah, honestly you're not gona get a better Hanna Barbera line elsewhere. Jazwares is just a confusing company that makes some odd choices somtimes. Be certain to inspect those packages, though! People shout "QC problems!" with the MotUC line, but that's because they haven't been collecting things from Jazwares for awhile, I think. Look for paint errors and joints not lining up. Beyond that, though, thier products aren't bad, and they always make a point to improve things when they hear complaints. For ever complaint I've had about them, they've made something unique and awesome to get me to forget my grudges!

Fine choices! You won't regred the D-Arts figures; especially Vile. Absolutely fantastic!
    I've got some of the McFarlane ones, and they LOOK great but are about as durable as dry spaghetti.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I got Amazing Spider-Man #114 in today which has Spidey caught in the middle of a gang war between Doctor Octopus and Hammerhead. During the battle, Hammerhead captures Spider-Man and tries to force Spidey to join his side or be killed. It also has the origin story of Hammerhead:

And since it's getting close to Halloween, alot of cool stuff is beginning to surface for purchase. First, I bought a motion-activated Medusa bust with light-up eyes and 3 sayings:

Then I bought a motion activated Urn with animated face and 3 sayings:

These are super cool and will scare the crap out of anyone foolish enough to trespass on my domain uninvited all year round!

More Playmobile blind bagged guys!

These guys are just friggin' awesome; I hate Playmobile so much for being such a danged fantastic toyline. So hard to keep away from them.

Anyway, I got 'em at TRU, and I guess they had a promotion going on where you get a free Playmobile figure for...well I dunno, either spending so much or getting Playmobile stuff - I didn't ask.

But man, WHAT a free figure! So cool lookin'! I call 'em a Deatheye Knight. Pretty cool haul overall!