Page 39 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Flea Market gems
    Princess Whats-her-face! And Emma Frost from back when she wasn't annoying as hell. Nice ones!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Kinda wish he didn't have the cut joint hips, but he's got enough to work with. Love the extra cape 'n hood, too!
    It still annoys me when they still do cut hip joints when they are also using ball joints for other figures... in the SAME line! But Malgus looks cool! I kinda want him and the bounty hunter chick from that wave. Good pickup!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    It still annoys me when they still do cut hip joints when they are also using ball joints for other figures... in the SAME line! But Malgus looks cool! I kinda want him and the bounty hunter chick from that wave. Good pickup!
    Yeah, the bounty hunter chick is the next one I'm looking for. I don't expect to find her, but then again, I didn't expect to find Malgus either! We'll see what happens.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Masterpiece Thundercracker to finish my masterpiece original seekers. Marvel select Ultron to replace that god awful legends one, U.S. Agent (finally) and Neo classic Iron Man.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yeah, the bounty hunter chick is the next one I'm looking for. I don't expect to find her, but then again, I didn't expect to find Malgus either! We'll see what happens.
    You might get lucky! I've only seen Malgus once, but I didn't buy him because Swedish toy prices are insane ($30 for a Star Wars figure at retail...).

Heroic Warrior

October 1st , 1972 : Hapkido aka Lady Kung Fu premieres in Hong Kong.......

That's a 18 yr old Jackie standing in the door in that trailer
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Family Dollar flooded with Transformers DOTM deluxe figures(my store had 40 or so across 3 shelves), mostly a mixed assortment of stuff that didn't sell well. I got Starscream, Barricade and Darksteel. I may get more of them, though the mix was mostly Bumblebee(3 versions), the Nascar bots, and Tuner Mudflap(which will eventually go the route of those Atari ET cartridges even at $5), with lesser amounts of other characters.

Heroic Warrior
    All five Frankenweenie bags from Subway for $1 each. I'm gonna save these as collectible items (they go for $30 on Ebay)

Wingnut, Dirtbag, and Foot soldier. Also, the custom cape that I made for Shredder.

"The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

I won an eBay auction for a Fright Zone clip for $4 shipped. Then the seller emailed me a picture of a pile of parts and asked if there were any other parts I wanted. I worked out a deal for all of these for $20 shipped!

Scare Glow's halberd and Super Powers Golden Pharaoh's staff are the two big ones. They both go for more than I paid for the lot.

Plus, I got Hawkman's mace from Super Powers, the clip for my Fright Zone and a seat back to complete my Land Shark. I'm ecstatic over this deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread He-Man View Post
    October 1st , 1972 : Hapkido aka Lady Kung Fu premieres in Hong Kong.......

That's a 18 yr old Jackie standing in the door in that trailer
    HAHAHA that's awesome!! he looks like my friend's little brother!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    The Evolution of My Toy Collecting: A TechTrek Tale

I would like to begin by saying I have a problem. A toy problem. I am old enough to admit it. I don't know what it is. Does it take me to a happy place? Does it make me feel like a child? Whatever the outcome, toys bring me joy.

I recently went to the Wizard World comic con in Ohio this past weekend. I love a good comic con, looking through all of the stuff, meeting new people, and especially checking out the artist alley.

This year felt different for me. I have so many MARVEL legends at home, I basically realized that the new MU line of 3.75 inch marvel toys are just going to be a waste of time space and energy. don't get me wrong, i love the toys, i love that they are doing characters that they have never done before. But for me, it would be a waste of money. any A listers like cap/wolvie/spidey or anyone, I haven't gotten joy out of buying one of those figures in YEARS. I could care a less.

I find myself realizing, the whole market at cons as well, are so annoying. I'm sorry, but if you can't find someone in your MARKET AUDIENCE WITH MONEY in their pocket to buy the figures you have realistically you are either the worst salesman ever, or your stuff is priced too high. period. This point is the most annoying to me. EVERY con should realistically sell out of all of their toys (venders) (scalpors) I actually laughed out loud at guy who loves his display, and 15 bucks each for a loose ML figure.

So here I am walking around, just looking at random stuff when I come across an in the box, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves Net Launcher. My eyes got wide. my smile got big. Not in a "dang this thing is worth so much money" way, but in a "cool art, nice box, loved that movie" sort of way. 10 bucks. i thought, well shoot, that's a decent price for that. I look over, at HEROES peter patrelli figure in box, 3 bucks. dang, loved that show (most of it) never got the figure cause when they came out Scalpors were like, "45 dollars!!!" lol.

I guess I am realizing that my LOVE for all things toys, art, creativity doesn't have to be a money pit. I love figures. I almost always buy wildcats and youngblood mcfarlane stuff, because my kids love playing with them, most of them are on cards, so my kids can open them, and they pretend with them!

Then my new love of "buying stuff i dont really "care" about" came full force when I came across a pile of "The Pirates of Dark Water" figures. 6 of them on card, I have never heard of the show or toys or game (now that i looked it up).

odd characters, cool packaging. a few bucks each. I couldn't pass!

So i sit here and have a new found love for toys. a different angle to look at it all with. So with high hopes, I can't wait to find random mysteries, and interesting items. so much fun!

Got these 2 in the mail from Amazon. I paid $34 total shipped for the pair, grabbing Spectra when she went on sale for less than $16.

Heroic Warrior
    Regular Show magnet

And I've started my birthday/christmas shopping (I have 1 birthday this month and 2 next month). I bought one of the presents for my friend, which is a Legends of Zelda Link t-shirt for $3 at 5 Below (you find a lot of neat stuff at that store).

Got this today. I have to say, Bratzillaz aren't impressing me as much as they could, thanks to QC issues and materials. The soft lower legs are a real letdown as ae the stands. But at least she doesn't have a head weighed down with lots of excess hair like Meygana does.

Heroic Warrior

Yo Adrian !!!!!!

Usually you can only find 2-3 cards from the Boss set , the very first issue from the 1st time around , can it possibly be better ?!

These lobbys are old skool cardboard stock !
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; October 6, 2012 at 05:54am.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I got a Techno-Viper and Renegades Storm Shadow for $10 today. If only Joes could always be $5.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

a new toy and comic store just opened in my home city with a massive collection of DC and Marvel comics and figs (Marvel Select, DCU, Play Arts Kai etc)

so I grabbed myself a Marvel Select Deadpool figure because Deadpool is awesome.

not only does it mean I am saving about £4 on bus fares, because the store I used to go to was not in my city so it cost more to get there, but this new store is even selling the Marvel Select figs for £3 less so I am saving £7 per figure now which is nice

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got quite a few things in the mail the past few days. First I got the latest installment of tech spec reproductions from Atomic Laser: 1987 Volume 2:

Then I got a Marvel Select Green Goblin. This figure looks super evil and super awesome! He comes with a Goblin Glider base and also with an extra hand so he can wield 2 pumpkin bombs. A great addition to my Marvel Select villains.

And I got the recommended weekly dose of vitamin comic books starting off with Amazing Spider-Man #135. This is the Punisher's second appearance and contains the origin of the Tarantula. In the story, the Punisher and Spider-Man team-up to stop the Tarantula's attempt to set up base in New York City for his criminal activities. Also, this issue has Harry Osborn discover that Peter Parker is actually Spider-man and spark his turn as the second Green Goblin. With the addition of this comic, I now have every Amazing Spider-Man issue from #105 to #375...

And lastly I got a bunch of Uncanny X-Men issues. First I got Uncanny X-Men #63 in which the X-Men, with the help of Ka-Zar, battle Magneto who has been artificially creating mutants out of the Savage Land natives.

Then I got a bunch of X-Men comics that are reprints of their previous adventures, namely #77, #78, #80 and #90.

And with the addition of these issues, I now have every Uncanny X-Men issue from #85 to #260.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

a Muppet of a man...
    Wandered into Toys R Us yesterday to kill some time before seeing "Looper" (good movie, BTW) and happened across these guys...

Sunstorm, Spinister, Scorponok, and Galvatron! Thanks to whoever it was that tipped me off about the blind packs having codes to figure out what they are!
    plus, there was some kinda buy 1 get one free deal, so the 4 only cost me $6.40 after tax!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Wandered into Toys R Us yesterday to kill some time before seeing "Looper" (good movie, BTW) and happened across these guys...
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...616B7C6A18.jpg
    Sunstorm, Spinister, Scorponok, and Galvatron! Thanks to whoever it was that tipped me off about the blind packs having codes to figure out what they are!
    plus, there was some kinda buy 1 get one free deal, so the 4 only cost me $6.40 after tax!
    Ha, that's funny; I've got a TRU near my main theater as well. Funny how many little buys resulted from killing time before a movie!

Anyway, THINGS:

Found the 'ol Secret Squirrel from Jazwares' Hanna Barbera line. I would have liked the 90's one better, but it's still Secret Squirrel one way or the other! He's got the gun there and the hat opens up to reveal a little arm that can be attached to a camera. Neat little figure! Totally useless sideways elbow joints, though. Thanks Jazwares; you never fail to make utterly confusing articulation choices.

One more Playmobil blind bagged guy. In the spirit of Halloween!

PREDASAURS!! Oh man...these are hilarious. They're blind bagged dinosaur figures that are mixes of two different dinosaurs that carry weapons and have glow in the dark teeth. Somehow, somewhere, a toy designer is just mixing random awesome things and resulting in TOTALLY AWESOME THINGS.

Ain't gona miss a Sam Jackson figure.

My birthday is tomorrow, but the wife and I are gona be on a trip, so she gave me some presents in the form of Legos! They had a buy one get one 40% off, so she got me some larger sets: The quinjet, and the Ghost Train. Good stuff!

Finally, my friend is letting me borrow his old Sega for an indefinite time period, so I'm buying some games for it from these stores I recently found out about called Gameplay. They bascially function like the old Funcoland stores and sell games across the board from various times. These are some old favorites!
    Last edited by Alexx; October 7, 2012 at 12:29pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Found the 'ol Secret Squirrel from Jazwares' Hanna Barbera line. I would have liked the 90's one better, but it's still Secret Squirrel one way or the other! He's got the gun there and the hat opens up to reveal a little arm that can be attached to a camera. Neat little figure! Totally useless sideways elbow joints, though. Thanks Jazwares; you never fail to make utterly confusing articulation choices.
    Oh man, I just can't make myself buy anything by JazWares. I feel they have good ideas at times, but the execution is just awful. I think poor Secret Squirrel actually had more detail in the original HB cartoons than this figure does!

Ain't gona miss a Sam Jackson figure.
    I got the ScarJo Black Widow and this is the other "movie" styled figure I want from the Avengers toyline. Is he as well-articulated as BW was?

My birthday is tomorrow, but the wife and I are gona be on a trip, so she gave me some presents in the form of Legos! They had a buy one get one 40% off, so she got me some larger sets: The quinjet, and the Ghost Train. Good stuff!
    Congratulations! Lego is an awesome birthday gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Oh man, I just can't make myself buy anything by JazWares. I feel they have good ideas at times, but the execution is just awful. I think poor Secret Squirrel actually had more detail in the original HB cartoons than this figure does!
    Eh, I'm just impressed that it has nice paint and working joints! ...two of the joints don't make any sense, but at least they work!

I got the ScarJo Black Widow and this is the other "movie" styled figure I want from the Avengers toyline. Is he as well-articulated as BW was?
    Yes...except he doesn't have any wrist articulation. Doesn't get in the way too much unless you want him to hold his rocket launcher or assault rifle in both hands. Other than that he's awesome!

Congratulations! Lego is an awesome birthday gift.
    Especially awesome for me, cause with all the other toys I buy I can't afford Legos. I always tell folks that any Legos are a perfect gift if they have no ideas, cause I can't get them for myself very often, but the interest is always there!

Good finds, everyone!

I ordered a Diagon Alley Lego set and spent Friday evening putting it together. It goes awesome with the haunted town I'm building based off of my Monster Fighters Legos and the giant haunted house.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Last 2 buys are

Marvel Select Thor

and Marvel Select Thanos

Last edited by wolfsfang; October 10, 2012 at 02:51pm.

I finally found the Transformers Prime First-Edition Entertainment Pack at TRU. A deluxe scale Optimus Prime and Megatron, little figurines of the main 3 human characters, Jack, Miko, and Raf, plus a DVD containing one episode of the show. All of that for the price of just one MOTUC figure.

Now all I need to pick up is the First Edition Starscream (if I can find him) and Prime Robots in Disguise Bulkhead and I’ll have all the figures that I wanted out of this line.
    Last edited by FAKER II; October 11, 2012 at 12:36pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal