Page 40 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 4225

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Picked up more Lost Predator Tribe members. 6 down 3 to go. These are getting addicting. I avoided these early on because I assumed they were just repaints of each other, but they put in a ton of love into the details and I didn't notice before.

Snake

Shaman - Hippie

Baby Boar

Borg

Gort

Family photos

Hordak's Pupil General Stingrad's Avatar
    I got a Tails Plushie and the Jazwares Danny Phantom action figure
    Etheria will be mine!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got some more comics in today starting with Amazing Spider-Man #100. This issue has Peter Parker wanting to settle down with Gwen Stacy in married bliss. However in order to do so, Peter believes that he must get rid of Spdier-Man. So he drinks a serum he has been preparing for a while to act as an antidote for his radioactive blood should it have run amok. After drinking the potion, Peter has a fevered dream of battling old enemies all night. Then when he wakes up he is horrified to find out he now has 4 new arms!

Next I got Transformers #60 in which Thunderwing unleashes the mayhem squad, led by Bludgeon, on the Autobots.

Then I got Transformers #77 where the Autobot/Decepticon truce is ended when the Decepticons sabotage the Autobots transport shuttles, leaving them stranded on a rapidly deteriorating Cybertron.

Lastly I got a couple more of the X-Men reprint adventures, #73 and #83 with the latter being the time the X-Men encountered a certain wall-crawler and had their predictable hero-on-hero battle.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; October 12, 2012 at 09:51pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

LOTS OF STUFF! A lot of this stuff is from my birthday, but also a lot of other items showed up around the same time, so it all adds up to many things.

First off, the Transformers that I'm supposed to be buying less of:

This was a present; bascially because I like tiny TFs and because I like red. A good choice! I love the little guy, and coincidentally I have the larger version too, though I think I like this one better.

Spider helecopter! Can't say I disagree with this idea. This was also a present. I think the figure could have been done better, but I still like her. I've been racking my brain trying to make a spider-like form for her, but I've failed so far.

Found these two today! I never got the original mold for the green guy, and I think I got the best color scheme for this dude. Supposed to be Brawl, but...well I guess it works. I like it overall, but not for Brawl. The second guy is a brilliant repaint as Laserbeak! #1 - I love this mold. LOVE IT. If I got rid of all my TFs i'd keep this guy. #2 - I love how it attaches to Midwipe, another favorite, and Laserbeak's color scheme matches him perfectly. I bought him with the idea that i'd get rid of Skystalker, but the mold is so cool that I think I'll just keep them both.

Next, the Playmobil addiction continues. These were presents while the wife and I were up north; there's a little toy shop that has a ton of this stuff!

They had the brand new space stuff with this awesome mech that...well, picks up rocks. Still cool though! Finally, I got this:

That's all one set, because Playmobil is awesome. I had been looking for this, so it was cool to run into it. I mostly wanted it for my Techno-Vipers, 'cause...well, all the regular stuff! Computer, shelves, chair, books 'n such. Good stuff!

Finally, a bunch of packages were waiting for me when I got home. First was my Spymonkey stuff.

Next was a package from a friend as a thank you for helping him with something, though I consider it birthday stuff too:

Love me some Glyos, but I honestly can't get much of it myself with all the other stuff I buy. This was a great surprise because I love the Gobun figure and the green is my favorite yet!

This is a Morb; the body can fold up into the head to make it a ball. AWESOME IDEA.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0/Cubebot1.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...0/cubebot2.jpg

Cubebot! Also a surprise in the same package; my friend just knew I'd like it. How true! (Ran out of pic allowance, so the rest are just links).

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ERITSALADY.jpg

Finally, this came in yet ANOTHER package, though with stuff I bought off another friend. Always wanted the Phantasm! I thought it was hilarious that she was packaged with her hood off...ya know, since it was supposed to be a big secret as to who the Phantasm was. It's one of those figures that stands the test of time!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Not so much bought recent but found on the attic of my parents. Gotta love my dad for hammering down on me and my brother to keep the boxes

Attachment 79650Attachment 79651

Sorry for the crappy pic's made these with my phone!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a couple of comics today starting with Amazing Spider-Man #102 which features the origin of Morbius, the Living Vampire. It also has the famous cover misprint in which Morbius is referred to as "Moribus".

I also got another reprint Uncanny X-Men comic book, issue #72.

Lastly I bought a 8" 1.10 t.w. carat diamond bracelet as a gift for someone:

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Lastly I bought a 8" 1.10 t.w. carat diamond bracelet as a gift for someone:
    Finally closing the deal with Count Marzo, Benny?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Finally closing the deal with Count Marzo, Benny?
    I tried to but he said you would always be number one in his heart, Sandy.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Uh, Benny, my wrist is a little larger than 8"...hope you kept your receipt
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Found Fishface and Metalhead! Fishface is way cooler than I thought he would be; they really hit that perfect midway point between articulated and static pose. Playmates is certainly coming along! In the past they probably just would have given him a bunch of useless cut joints and a lurching non-action pose that you couldn't do anything with.

Anyway, Metalhead is awesome! Only thing he's missing is accessories - any accessories. SOMETHING. All he got was a missile and a hole in his arm. I mean, it's not spring loaded; you just flick it out. On the bright side, I've got a million little blasts and fire that fit PERFECTLY in there, so he can fire all kinds of stuff! Sadly, that's about all he can do in the accessory area, because they didn't mold the left hand into any form that could hold other accessories. That would have killed it for me normally, but MAN he's fun to play with! I think all the articulation in the legs really helps him out.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Uh, Benny, my wrist is a little larger than 8"...hope you kept your receipt
    ~RK
    Sorry, Starshine. You don't want to do the things you need to do to receive such gifts from me.

As far as loot, I got a couple of things recently. I just got the latest Universal Monster Release, the Metaluna Mutant. A cool monster and a cool figure made even cooler by the MST3K crew in their theater release.

I also got Uncanny X-Men #84 from their reprint era. Now with the addition of this comic, I have every X-Men issue from #80 to #260.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; October 22, 2012 at 09:52pm.

Prometheus Engineers

I got Before Watchmen Dr. Manhattan no.2 & on a whim MacGyver Fugitive Gauntlet no.1 at my comic shop Sunday. I haven't read either yet. I'm saving the Watchmen until I have them all, Mac I'll read today or tomorrow...and probably regret it, lol.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I have been absent from this thread for a bit, not by choice, but because my camera has been unavailable. As a result, I'm posting a bunch of photos all at once!

Slightly worn G1 Dreadwind. I always liked the two Decepticon Powermasters due to their amusing portrayal in the Marvel comic, so I've been looking for this guy for a bit. He's got some chipped plastic in the thin plastic "rails" connecting his front and back section, so he's mostly a display piece. Still, a nice-looking Transformer with a good transformation!

The rest of the post will be Marvel Universe stuff, as I've gotten quite a bit of it lately!

First I picked up some older 4" marvel figures from various lines from barbecue17 on this forum and another guy over on a different toy forum. Hulkbuster Iron Man and (Julia Carpenter) Spider-Woman were both in the 1990's Iron Man toyline, which is a nostalgic favorite of mine. I still hope that every figure from that line will be re-done as either Marvel Legends or Marvel Universe figures! I also finally got the "flame on" Human Torch. Love transparent plastic! And since I more or less gave up getting the comic repaint Galactus I just bought a single pack Silver Surfer.

Various multipack figures. I had been hunting for the "Original Avengers" 3-pack for some time but ended up just buying it from BBTS. It's an awesome pack, well worth every penny! The Kirby-styled Hulk is a great toy and the little Ant-Man and Wasp accessories really seal the deal. I'm aware that the "golden armor" Iron Man should have a skirt around his crotch to be comics-accurate, but it's not a dealbreaker that they skipped that. They did get him an accurate helmet with antenna piece, so that's neat.

The Daredevil/Bullseye pack is also a must-have. Both figures are light years superior to the crummy wave 1 versions (and in DD's case the "Shadowland" kitbash from this year). These are the only Daredevil and Bullseyes you'll ever need. Sure, it's sad that they couldn't give Bullseye a deck of cards, but I do prefer them not being molded into his hand and I'm not sure it could be practical as a separate accessory.

Mister Sinister is a great figure, so is Adam Warlock, but the Gambit is kind of rubbish. Sinister looks especially good with Apocalypse and Sabretooth. The X-villains are getting good representation in toy form so far.

Single packed figures from the last few waves (plus a few Avengers and random figures). Punisher is another absolutely essential update, it blows all three previous versions out of the water. Hulk is also a huge upgrade from the 2009 mold. Kraven is another much-needed classic villain, as is Kang. Beta Ray Bill is an awesome retool of the old Secret Wars Thor with a ton of new parts and better articulation.

I picked up the Avengers Skrull Warrior (with cosmic axe) and ScarJo Black Widow mostly because I want another skrull, and because the Marvel Universe Black Widow figures so far were rather mediocre. Sure, this Natasha isn't exactly comics-accurate, but she is a great figure, easily the best in the movie line, and looks good with comic-book based Avengers.

Finally, She-Hulk and Scarlet Witch bring some much-needed new pieces to the ailing female figures of the 4" line. These two look great, display great and have excellent articulation. I hope the old, stunted, under-articulated female buck can now be retired permanently, as most of the 2009 male bucks have been. One note on Scarlet Witch is that her cape is just a smidgen long for her, which means she's leaning on it most of the time. This isn't really a problem since she's already balancing on tiny, high-heeled shoes, but I thought I'd explain why she is standing a bit oddly there.

I also picked up a BAF Mojo and Brood Queen (who came with a set of Marvel Select Brood figures) from a collector liquidating his Marvel Legends. Mojo is a bit too big to display well with the 4" scale figures, but the Brood have been portrayed as growing very large in the comics (the standard Brood is only about 8' long), especially the Queens and Empresses. As a result I think these guys look great fighting with the smaller-scale heroes, and a lot more threatening than with Marvel Legends!

Finally, some "fun" pics... (I promised certain people these would be done)

PUNY GOD! (Comic-book style)

Avengers movie line Skrull with Marvel Universe Skrull Soldiers. The movie Skrull comes with a repainted axe from the Thor line which... kinda sucks, but fortunately his hand holds the Skrull energy rifle from the standard soldiers fine! He looks great as a squad leader or officer!

The reason I wanted the Brood Queen... A motley crew of X-Men try to prevent the Queen from turning poor Colossus into a snack! This is seriously the best action shot you can hope for from that Gambit figure. Also, Psylocke is doing what she does best. I'll let you guess what that is.

...oh crap. Wait, this wasn't supposed to happen...

Hope you guys enjoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by motumulder View Post
    Not so much bought recent but found on the attic of my parents. Gotta love my dad for hammering down on me and my brother to keep the boxes

Attachment 79650Attachment 79651

Sorry for the crappy pic's made these with my phone!
    Those are great!!!
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

http://blujay.com/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    A G4 MLP unicorn called Cherry Pie.
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Just got the Lego modular Pet Shop and apartment complexes this weekend. Really fun build and an excellent addition to my Lego collection.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I got 4 Transformers comics in today. First, I got issue #64 which is an homage to Melville's Moby D-ick with Longtooth as Captain Ahab as the Autobots and Decepticons continue to search for the Creation Matrix.

Next I got issue #66, in which Thunderwing has gone mad with the power of the Creation Matrix. Conversely, the Matrix is also corrupted the the evil of the Decepticon Thunderwing and the Optimus is forced to destroy the Matrix even though it is their only protection from Unicron.

Third, I got issue #71 where Optimus Prime surrenders to Scorponok and the Decepticons in order that the 2 factions may unite to do battle against the approaching Unicron. This action causes dissention among both parties.

Lastly, I got issue #74 in which Scorponok finally comes to realization that he needs the Autobots and their help in the upcoming battle against Unicron and aids Optimus against an attack by some of Unicron's forces.

With the addition of these comics, I now have every Marvel Transformers issue from #1 to #79. I'm just missing the last issue in the series, #80...

a Muppet of a man...
    So, Big Bad Toy Store has these Picard figures on sale for 75 cents each... so I couldn't resist the chance for silliness.

Plotting world domination.

Crowd surfing.

I call them the "Picarmy™" I'm having way too much fun with this.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    So, Big Bad Toy Store has these Picard figures on sale for 75 cents each... so I couldn't resist the chance for silliness.
    Soooo many Picards!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    Soooo many Picards!!!
    I try to convince him to get more. Imagine 15 of these guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    The sad part is you probably spent more on shipping than on the figures themselves, scooter.

As for me, I got the latest Universal Monster release, The Phantom of the Opera! He's a cool figure that comes with a book (Don Juan Triumphant), a base and an extra hand so he can play his organ (that doesn't sound right.) He came with a loose left shoulder but other than that, he is an excellent addition to my collection of classic horror figures.

Then I got CrazyDevy's newest vintage upgrade:CDMW-33 which is an addition to Pirahnacon's waist to give him the look of a beefier waist.

Finally, I got Amazing Spider-Man #42 which starts off with Spider-Man leaving a bank with a money bag as people call him a thief. He later throws the bag off a bridge into a river. Then we see that Colonel John Jameson has returned from outer space infected with spores. These spores give him super strength. When his father J. Jonah Jameson, finds about Spider-Man's recent actions, he convinces his son to bring Spidey in. However, as the 2 begin to battle, Spidey reveals that the money bag he took contained a bomb set to explode. However, John isn't hearing it as the spores also affect his mental state making him irrational. Spider-Man finally electricutes John and "shocks" him back to normal. However, the real significance of this comic is that this is first full frontal reveal be Mary Jane Watson (that doesn't sound right, either!) as she utters her famous first line.

Attachment 79989A few more toy scores!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ICER; October 24, 2012 at 11:23pm.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

The first Play Arts Kai Mass Effect 3 figures arrived last night:

ME3figures.jpg

The facesculpts are not the best, but they look much better than what they seem like in the picture above. Garrus Vakarian is just awesome all around.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Got two Mickey Mouse Adventures paperback comics for ten cents each.