Page 44 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3904

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Heroic Warrior
    Marvel Legends U.S. Agent and Dead Pool.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I got a figure print of me. Well, of my Xbox Live Avatar which happens to look a lot like me Photo Nov 19, 3 24 03 PM.jpg
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Cult Classics Beetlejuice figure
    Lego Monster Fighters "The Mad Scientist and Monster"
    Lego Star Wars "Desert Skiff"
    Lego Star Wars "Ewok Attack"
    Star Wars Lumat figure
    Star Wars Nien Nunb figure
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    New autographs :

Dr No's photographer (LeWars , she was offered the role of ms Taro but found it too risk)
    Kristatos (how many brochures do you see sgd by Glover , Broccoli AND Binder ??)
    Bonita , GF flamenco dancer (she also played Kerims gf in FRWL)
    mademoiselle Deradier (now I've got 4 of the MR girls , only miss 3)

Why does it only post one clip ??
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; November 20, 2012 at 12:47pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got the K-Mart exclusive AT-ST crew 2-pack and the Ewok 2-pack in today. I didn't even knew these existed until I was checking out Amazon. Now I see K-Mart has the vintage box AT-ST vehicle too! One of my all-time favorite Imperial vehicles. I guess I'll have to get that soon as well...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    found this lone set at Walmart today... though the other 2 3-packs from this wave should show up eventually.

Heroic Warrior

Lets try......
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

These came today;

Luckily, they weren't too expensive considering there were only 1000 made.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got 2 X-Men comics in th email today: issue #20 and #67. Issue #20 has the Blob and Unus the Untouchable, under the influence of Lucifer, donning X-Men uniforms and trying to frame the X-Men for robbery. This issue also has the story of how Professor X lost the use of his legs.

Issue #67 is the first issue in the reprint era of X-Men comics where the issue numbers continued sequentially (until #93) but the stories weren't new, just reprints of previous X-Men stories. This issue reprints X-Men #12 and #13 which features the first appearance of the Juggernaut, the X-Men's first battle with him and Professor X's origin story.

I also got Giant Size 5" x 7" Garbage Pail Kid #25, Creepy Carol.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

a Muppet of a man...
    Got some Outer Space Men in the mail today!

I love these toys! I was a little on the fence about getting a repaint set, but I'm so glad I did. Great stuff!!

I'm into Dark of the Moon toys right now. Sweet clearance deals, leader class Ironhide for $25 and human alliance 2-packs for $5.99. Plus Laserbeak.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

It seems I am forever in Alexx's shadow. Whenever he posts things, I am tempted to buy said things. As a result, I picked a couple of things up at TRU today. I was there to survey the new Transformers Prime selection, but that turned out to be rather fruitless. They do have some of the new stuff in, but nothing I was terribly interested in.

What they did have, however, was a shelf of the new Hobbit toys...

(I apologize in advance for the poor quality of photos. It is exceedingly dark up here right now and nigh impossible to get a good photo opportunity as I don't have a lightbox)

I am a huge fan of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movies, and I'm excited for the Hobbit. One of my favorite actors in the trilogy was Ian McKellan as Gandalf, a role I felt he nailed perfectly. And as such, tiny Gandalf got to ride home with me. I'm impressed with the amount of detail they crammed on their smaller figures (in contrast, the larger ones look a bit low-detail and wonky), and the amount of unique accessories. Gandalf comes with his hat, sword, removable scabbard and staff, all sculpted perfectly to look like the movie props.

He has decent articulation, though his legs are largely blocked by his robe (as Alexx noted). I don't see Gandalf doing many wirefights, so I'm pretty okay with this. You can put him in a number of cool spellcasting poses, which is basically what I want.

His face sculpt is a good likeness of sir McKellan as well. And this photo basically illustrates why I wanted Gandalf in this scale instead of the bigger one. He can finally meet another master mage from a different universe!

I also have my eyes on some of the other figures from the Hobbit line, but the fact that some figures are only available in 2-packs which are more expensive than buying 2 separate figures is off-putting. We'll see what happens.

In other news:

I finally caved in and got a Sif from the Mighty Thor movie line. I don't normally collect movie figures, but this is a rare female figure in a very male-dominated toy world, and Sif has always been one of my favorite supporting characters in the Thor comics. Since this figure is scarce in american markets, I went ahead and picked her up at full Swedish retail price (around $20) since I would have had to pay that from an internet scalper anyway.

Since it is looking like Thor: The Dark World will not get a dedicated toyline at all, this may be the only Sif figure we ever get. I still want a comics-based one, but I'm not holding my breath considering how little of Thor's cast has made it into the Marvel Universe line proper.

Sif is a cool figure. Her face is a good likeness of actress Jaimie Alexander, who portrayed her in the movie. She may only have been window dressing in the movie (the same with the Warrior's Three, sadly) but at least she was there, to show that Asgard is a bigger place. I have a soft spot for those sort of cameos. Anyway, the figure is well articulated (though as usual she lacks bicep swivels) and comes with her battle-staff and a sword. Both look extremely ornate and fancy, matching the opulent look of the movie. No oversized gimmick weapon or action feature either, just a basic, good figure.

The best thing? Asgard and Middle Earth share an aesthetic and fit great together! I want to get a bunch of goblins from the Hobbit toyline now for Thor and Sif to fight. If only they could make a cool Odin for Gandalf to play chess with...

Snappy Threader
    Scored a Gears of War 2 Kantus and a Thundertank in Black Friday sales. Also got a swamp monster Lego set for 6 bucks....the swamp monster looks like Mer-Man....

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    These came today;
    Luckily, they weren't too expensive considering there were only 1000 made.
    Wow! That is a pretty cool set! How much is not expensive these days in Joes? Especially if they are Con exclusives.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

a Muppet of a man...
    Nice finds, Sandman! I like the Gandalf quite a bit, and those things do look really good altogether.

My latest score? mrs.ward got me a certain "metamorphin' dudeicus" for my birthday today!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I just won issues 1,2,3,4 & 6 of the first volume of X-Factor.

Number 6, first full appearance of Apocalypse, baby!!!
    Then I bought a bunch of comic supplies. Mylites2, EGerber backing boards, and microchamber paper for the front and back covers. Anal retentive? You betcha!

I won MapleStory

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Nice finds, Sandman! I like the Gandalf quite a bit, and those things do look really good altogether.

My latest score? mrs.ward got me a certain "metamorphin' dudeicus" for my birthday today! [/url]

If I get Bruticus, it'll be that one. It's $60 and free shipping on Amazon, the retail version is uglier and would cost more.

Shockwave + Sentinel Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Wow! That is a pretty cool set! How much is not expensive these days in Joes? Especially if they are Con exclusives.
    I paid $150 inc. shipping to Australia. Still pretty pricey but the Oktober Guard set is available for preorder at $360 not including shipping and I am still considering getting it.

As for my latest buy, I just got the Halo Mega Bloks Armory set. One for UNSC and one for Covenant. I recently played, and finished, Halo 3 so I thought I would give some of these smaller sets a shot.

Is anyone else collecting these? I am thinking about grabbing the Warthog next.
    Last edited by TheFallen; November 25, 2012 at 01:13am.

I ordered Bratzillaz Yasmina Clairvoya from TRU today. That completes the 3 orders I needed to place for my Shoprunner free year membership... but she was on sale for $14 for Cyber Monday, so after tax I paid $15

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered Bratzillaz Yasmina Clairvoya from TRU today. That completes the 3 orders I needed to place for my Shoprunner free year membership... but she was on sale for $14 for Cyber Monday, so after tax I paid $15

SCORE!

Just picked up my 2 favorite Bone Age vintage figures (both complete & mint!!) Both are from the Stone Clan (Lud & Crag)

I got Amazing Spider-Man #30 in today. It features the first appearance of The Cat who's just a regular burglar. Not much really going on in this comic except that Peter Parker and Betty Brant break up after Betty reveals that Ned Leeds proposed to her.

Plus I got giant size GPK Dead Ted. This is the last of the giant size GPK cards I needed and thus have every card from the original series (1-15) and the giant size series (1 and 2). My OS Garbage Pail Kids sticker collection is now complete.

A bunch of Dark of the Moon Toys for $5 at Family Dollar and Five Below.
    A smorgesboard of Deluxe figures and Human alliance triple changers. Triple changers rock; tons of fun.

I got some pretty sweet stuff come in this weekend. First I got Amazing Spider-Man #37 that features the first appearance of Norman Osborn (a.k.a. the Green Goblin). Now we've seen the Green Goblin before in earlier issues but this is the first time that his alter ego Norman Osborne is depicted. The story has Mendel Stromm (1st appearance as well) released from a 10-year prison term and he vows revenge on Norman Osbourne whom he blames for his incarceration as well as stealing his inventions. Stromm begins immediately to construct robots he sends to destroy Norman Osborne's factory and office. Spider-Man grapples with the inventor's constructs and follows one back to Stromm's hideout to continue the battle. Stromm is eventually defeated but Spider-Man's spider-sense activates in time for Spidey to push Stromm out of the way of an assassin's bullet before Stromm could reveal a secret about Norman Osborne. Spidey attempts to follow the would-be assassin but he has vanished. Spidey returns to Stromm only to find out that he has died of a heart attack.

I got my earliest X-Men issue as well in the form of #13 which features the second appearance of my favorite Marvel villain, the Juggernaut! Hell bent on killing his stepbrother,Charles Xavier, the Juggernaut destroys all of Professor X's defenses and walks through every one of the X-Men's individual powers. He even breaks every single device in the X-Men's Danger Room on his mission of revenge. Professor X, in desperation, calls on the Human Torch for aid. Then he concocts a plan to remove the Juggernaut's helmet so that his mental powers can shut down Cain Marko's brain. Even after that action, the Juggernaut still moves forward until eventually succumbing to the inevitable. Professor X then erases the Torch's memory and Jean Grey plays nurse to the rest of the injured X-Men.

Then I got Uncanny X-Men #40 which has the first appearance of Frankenstein's Monster. An arctic expedition discovers the frozen body of the Frankenstein Monster and an overzealous scientist proceeds to melt the ice to study the creature. When asked what if the creature is still alive, the scientist replies, "Alive? Impossible!". Smart. Professor X dispatches the X-Men in order to prove his theory that although the Monster isn't a mutant, he believes his creator was and needs the creature to confirm this belief. Well, the X-Men battle the Monster who goes on a rampage immediately after being released from his icy imprisonment. It's only when Iceman uses his powers that the attack proves effective. As the monster continues to struggle against the ice powers the strain proves too much and he explodes. Professor X reveals that after examining the Monster's "mind", it was in fact an android built by aliens from a tropical planet and thus susceptible to cold temperatures.

The last comic I received was Uncanny X-Men #59. This comic has Larry Trask, son of Bolivar Trask (the original creator of the Sentinels), prisoner of the Sentinels after they discover that he is a mutant. The Sentinels continue their mission of capturing mutants by wrangling Quicksilver, Unus the Untouchable, Mastermind, the Scarlet Witch, Toad and the Blob. Cyclops, Beast and Marvel Girl break into the Sentinels' stronghold and confuse them by dressing up as Quicksilver (Cyclops), Scarlet Witch (Marvel Girl) and Toad (Beast). Making their way to where Havok and other mutants are being held captive, they are quickly outnumbered. Realizing that they must use logic to defeat the Sentinels, Cyclops convinces them that the source of mutation is solar radiation. Therefore, the Sentinels must protect humanity by destroying the sun. All Sentinels then proceed to fly towards the sun and the captives are released.

Plus I got the K-mart exclusive AT-ST Vintage box release.

I picked up the Lego parking garage and Recycling center at the end of last week. Both are fine additions to my town.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"